PM to join Delivery! (Rahna)

Alex and Rahna cross paths, witha rather...bumpy first meeting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 3rd, 2016, 3:15 am

46th Spring 515AV

9:04AM

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

An early morning start as usual. Alex donned his full plate and stepped out into the open air of Syliras. The hustle and bustle of the streets something that whizzed past him at this time of morning. Already having been up for about an hour before any of the other squires had even chosen to rouse themselves from sleep Alex as usual was tired. Very tired. He stepped through the streets of Syliras yawning widely. All the good will of his character was there but he had no focus on how to act this morning.

Still trying to wake up and possibly get in a few rounds of training before his patrol on the evening shift that same day Alex wasn’t exactly alert. So much so that he failed to notice the most rudimentary of things. The shadow whirling around the corner. Normally he would have back stepped and allowed the figure to pass by him, simply sending them and himself on their way. However in this instance and due to his lack of focus. This was not the case.

As Alex rounded the corner a hard thump slammed into the side of his armour, thankfully the side which wasn’t carrying his shield strapped to his arm but that did mean there was an array of blade handles poling out that side and would may for a potentially impactful collision. Alex Slid back a little catching his footing by widening his stance, weeks and weeks of Squire Training were coming into full practice now. However now Alec offered his hand out in a snap motion to help the figure who’d collided with him up onto their feet, or help them catch themselves before they fell. Either way Alex would speak in his usual light and airy voice cutting through the silence.
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t watch where I was going. Are you injured or hurt in any fashion?” An Honest array of words hoping to push across the message that he was in truth genuinely sorry for the disruption to their day.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Rahna Altema on April 3rd, 2016, 3:20 pm

Rahna Altema

46th Spring 515AV

9:04AM

Like any other morning, Rahna had woken up bright and early at around 7:30AM, starting her morning routine. A lap around Syliras with some freerunning mixed in. As silly as it may look to be running around the streets in a simple shirt and a pair of pants, she didn't really care about the onlookers as she jogged past them. She took it slow at the start before building her pace into more of a run, weaving through the streets. As she reached a certain part of her route, she leapt up, and grabbed the edge of a somewhat high wall, pulling herself up with some ease. Her movements looked smooth to an untrained eye, but to one with experience she possibly made many mistakes with her fluidity and wasted energy in doing so.

And with that, she started on her way back home, which didn't take very long as she was able to avoid the morning crowd by running on top of walls and some roofs, again ignoring the onlookers.

When she had made it back home, she had quickly cleaned herself and gotten dressed into her usual attire before setting out to the employment offices. She decided to make it a slow jog toward the offices, she weaved through the crowds with ease, but what she didn't expect was a fully armoured knight to walk around the corner. She half expected the knight to move out of the way slightly for her to evade him, but alas he didn't, causing her to bump right into him with an 'oof'.

Of course the knight wasn't at all affected by it, but Rahna was completely floored, her arse hitting the cobblestone. She could've done some sort of recovery maneuver, but she kind of wanted to see how this knight would react. She had this very fantastic view of knights. To her knights were guardian figures, trustworthy and kind. And this one seemed to be just that. She smiled at him warmly as she took his hand gently, getting to her feet.
"Oh no, I'm fine, just a little fall that's all~ I should be the one apologizing, I just wasn't paying attention." She replied with a light hearted voice.

She paused for a moment, in awe of his height and his armour. It all seemed very impressive, but it seemed a little early to be wearing full plate.
"I-I'm Rahna by the way, Rahna Altema. It's nice to meet you." She said in a formal manner, since she just realized she was talking to a knight. A manner of speaking she wasn't fond of. It felt stiff and tense.
Last edited by Rahna Altema on April 7th, 2016, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rahna Altema
Player

Words: 5064
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2016, 10:17 am
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 3rd, 2016, 3:46 pm

[

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Well, that was expected, with a clatter and a crash she’d hit the ground like a scattering of bricks. With a small tug on his arm much lighter than he’d expected. Almost like she knew how to get back up after falling. Something he knew all too well though he normally rose from being knocked to the ground not just hitting something and falling. Thankfully though she wasn’t injured or hurt in any major fashion. Oddly despite the fact he was used to slightly scorn or spurned look. However here he instead received a strange look of awe.

Only then when she began to speak did he recognize what was happening, he was being mistaken for a knight again.
“Pleasure to meet you miss Rahna. I sincerely insist it is my fault, I wasn’t paying attention. Kinda thing happens when you’re up at four in the morning." He gave a small smile and then realized he forgot to introduce himself. “Terribly sorry I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Alexander Faircroft, Squire of the Slyiran knights.” Alex spoke not with an air of arrogance or confidence but genuine sincerity. Almost like he was apologizing for making her think he was a full knight. Perhaps it was the fact he was in full plate. Despite the ill fit and the spots of rust on it which marked it to him at least as clearly loaned crappy training and practice armour.

“Mind if I ask though what exactly would cause someone to be rushing around the city at that kind of speed this early in the morning without being a Knight or a squire?”
Alex’s question was an even one easy and light on his wording but somehow he wasn’t entirely too sure about her actions. After all pre the tenth bell it was odd to see anyone moving at such a pace because most were setting up shops or stalls in the bazar.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Rahna Altema on April 7th, 2016, 7:52 am

Rahna Altema

How very kind of him to insist that it was his fault. Of course, it was probably their collective lack of attention that caused them to bump into each other in such a fashion. She decided not to comment any further about their little bump, it would just end in a back and forth of 'No it's really my fault' and that's not a great conversation. Speaking from personal experience, of course. Too many a time has she accidentally ran into someone during or after her morning training, sometimes she even chooses to wake up earlier to avoid such people.

When Alex introduced himself, she blinked a few times, processing what he had said. 'Squire'. Really, it didn't make much a difference to Rahna whether he was a Knight or Squire, because his overall demeanor and tone of voice was very sincere. Very Knight-like to her. "That's alright, Alex~ It's okay if I call you Alex right? Unless you prefer 'Sir'~" She had already dropped most of her formal tone and swapped to a more friendly and somewhat upbeat expression in her voice, her body seeming less tense and lighter on her feet. "A Squire? I would say you're quite fitting as a Knight. Very sincere.. Mmhm." She added, the last part sounding more like she was talking to herself and then agreeing, rather than speaking directly to Alex. She noticed some of the spots on the armor that showed that it was well worn, but it still seemed.. functional. Yes, functional.

His questioning didn't really bother her at all. What was there to hide anyway? She wasn't doing anything illegal. Unless running is illegal. That would be terrible. "Well, I'm a Courier.. Or rather a Courier in training. Got to get up early and do my daily training if I want to do anything Intercity related. I also need to find small jobs to do before I start trying to take bigger deliveries. Y'know, get into the swing of things~" She answered quite succinctly with a grin on her face. Being a Courier was going to be tough, especially if she wanted to follow in her father's footsteps. She couldn't afford to waste time waking up at the same times as everyone else. She wondered what Knights even do so early in the morning. Four in the morning is still dark. Surely he didn't really need to be up so early? "Soo, what were you doing up so early? If you don't mind me asking, of course. I didn't think Knig-- Squires, needed to be up so early."
Rahna Altema
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 7th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Was it alright for her to call him Alex? He gave off a smile light and soft. “Yes it’s fine to call me Alex.” Despite the lightness to him there was till the air of formality. Nobility that all members of the order had to carry themselves with. Quite fitting as a knight? Alex’s smile seemed to dim slightly. He wasn’t that close to a knight yet. Still he took a step back allowing her room to breathe and think.
“Sadly not yet. Still just a humble squire.” His words light and airy as his voice carried them.

Though her response to his question of what she did was simple and easy to understand. She was a courier, up this early because her job demanded physical training of her in a specialized path. A certain route to let her get faster on foot. Alex could sympathize with her taking on the smaller jobs before jumping up the larger more taxing ones. After all it was how he started out. The smallest points of contact and the easiest path was to take on as much small work as possible. Though her question of what he was doing up so early hit his ears, along with the slip of almost calling him a knight again.

“Most Squires don’t. I’m up at that time because of the same reasons as you. But there’s even less people awake. It means I get total silence and peace associated with the time I spend. Not to mention if I mess up it’s easier to cover up. Most Squires and knights actually rise at the seventh bell. As that’s when breakfast is.” He spoke calmly simply relaying news which almost everyone knew. So perhaps she was not a native of the city? “That’s one reason amongst others.” His last words a slight bit colder than his first.

“So Rahna. If I may ask. Are you on the job right now or on the way there?” The question held onto more than just an answer, If she was on the job this meant it wasn’t a particularly important one if she could be here talking to him. If she was not, this meant that she was on her way to work which meant it started a little later than most other occupations in the city. “Also if you don’t mind me asking. What kind of training requires a courier to be up so early in the morning?” he had a small idea given how easily she’d caught herself falling and hadn’t just collapsed into a pile on the ground.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Rahna Altema on April 10th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Rahna Altema

Even though Alex had taken a step back, Rahna had subconsciously taken a slight step forward to keep their proximity, a warm, amused smile on her face in response to his answer. "I'm sure you'll be a great knight." She said in an unexpectedly soft voice, her smile remaining. She wasn't sure what was trying to say to this man. Sure, he may handsome and kind, and possibly the same age as her.. but she didn't really know what she was trying to do here.

She hadn't had such a pleasant conversation with someone in awhile, her job being strictly professional, involving very little past the formalities. Although, sometimes the odd elderly client decided to try strike up a conversation with her as she delivered their messages. But beyond that, she wasn't really approached by anyone her age for conversation. She figured it was mostly because she was always on the move, and people tended to mind their own business, especially when it comes to someone who's just running along rooftops and walls in a swift fashion.

She nodded silently at the Squire's response to her questions. His last few words seeming quite cold. She wasn't about to press him about it. Perhaps he was just referring to people that were weird or something. She never really took note of the exact time when the Knights and Squires awakened, despite being born in this city, but she knew that they were up and about near the end of her daily routines.

"I'm on my way to pick up any available jobs, but I think I've got plenty of time to spare. The small jobs usually get left on the board for me to take since everyone scrambles for the bigger ones in the morning." She answered. Overall, it didn't really matter when she got there, as long as it was before the eleventh bell, because by that time, it was more likely that she'd be scolded by clients for delivering their packages so late in the day. Syliras was the kind of city that would take hours to traverse unless you took shortcuts, which of course, she knows of. However, if she wanted any 'bigger' jobs, she'd ideally need to get to the office as soon as it was opened in the morning. And those are often deliveries for the outpost.

Rahna kind of liked it when people asked her questions about her, it made it seem like they were a little interested in her. Which people often aren't, since she's quite lacking in the 'womanly' department to most. At least she didn't get many perverse approaches from others. "I'm following a strict daily routine, which involves a lot of running, jumping, climbing.. That sort of stuff. If you want to be an efficient Courier, you need to agile and quick." It was quite obvious that a Courier needed to be agile and quick, however using free-running was something her father had suggested to her to make better shortcuts in the city. Perhaps it wasn't common knowledge to others how a Courier is suppose to be?
Rahna Altema
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Delivery! (Rahna)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm

As he pulled away she stepped up closer. Seemingly wanting to be within his space or him within hers. Sure he’d be a great knight? There was almost a line of cynicism that seemed to roll off of him. He spoke with a calm word slightly despondent.
“I’m not too sure about that in all honesty.” Despite the lightness and sincerity of her tone when she spoke his own was much lighter. Perhaps even fragile. The demeanour she presented seemed of one who knew how to hold themselves out in a conversation. Though having a profession such as hers it would have been odd if she didn’t at least know how to approach people. But her words about her work were easily enough understood.

Her work was rather lax allowing her to take jobs from a board rather than simply jumping in and being given them. Due to this all the biggest and best jobs were taken early? Wouldn’t she want to get there in a hurry and try to claim all the best jobs as soon as possible? Wouldn’t that be the best possible course of action? It was almost unfathomable to Ales who worked himself to near death at every turn to be this relaxed when it came to her work? Shaking off the perplexity he glanced at her a little side long.

A strict routine involving running jumping and climbing. Who did that remind him of-oh wait the squirrel. Archie. With an almost thoughtless word he spoke. “Well if you ever need pointers on things like that you could seek out Archailist. He’s one of the other squires that are looming around Syliras. If you want any pointers on climbing or anything best person to ask would be him.” An honest but thought out tone of voice flowed out of him less trying to shift the subject but offer some further advice. “You can’t miss him he’s…well he’s a squirrel.”
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes