Closed This Little Light of Mine...

An adventure worthy of the gods' attention.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

This Little Light of Mine...

Postby Prophet on April 3rd, 2016, 11:35 pm

39th of Spring
9th Bell

Early in the day, a strong notion comes to those out and about that it’s a good day to take a ride. The ground is still soggy from the torrential rains but the sun is shining and even though it’s humid every man woman and child says the same thing; “…at least it’s not raining.” Life around the pavilion was quiet. The animals were all relaxing in warm patches of Syna’s blessed light waiting for something interesting to happen. It’s just a good day to be a Drykas.

About a half bell’s ride to the east of the city, two young women are gathering their dried food, some water and some dusty old weapons in preparation for a long journey. Becca brushed some stray orange hairs behind her ear as she inspected the contents of her pack. A single tear slipped from her eye and ran down the bridge of her nose to the tip. There it lingered and made her nose itch. Twice she blew air up from her lips to remove the irritant but each time failed. Finally, in a huff, she wiped it away and then went back to sorting through what was in her bag. The stray hairs fell back down into her eyes.

Lina was sitting in silence in her tent. Her sister was making all of the things ready for them to go find Haggar. The old dog had wandered off in the night but Becca was certain they could find him. Since the pirate raids, Lina and Becca had only Haggar and their grandfather, Huondin, to look after them. Lina stroked the favored mat that Hagger used with one hand and thumbed at the wood ax that was her father’s as it rested on her lap. She had never killed anything before, not even a snake or a rat. It made her nervous to think of having to harm another creature but Becca had said they needed to be ready in case Haggar was in trouble. That had been enough motivation for Lina. She didn’t like the idea of violence but to save her favorite creature in the whole world, she would certainly lift the blade…or so she hoped.

Becca had two packs loaded with several changes of clothes, extra boots, water, bed rolls, a small tent, flint and steel, rations, dried meat and a plethora of herbs and roots. She put her hands on her wide hips and nodded in approval. “Lina!” her voice echoed against the whipping wind. “It’s time to go, get out here!” The older sister hoisted her pack and slung it up onto her horse. She had never made such a venture before but it was not going to stop her from trying to save her dog. The next thing she grabbed was her mother’s bow and quiver. She’d only shot it three times as a young girl but trusted in her heart that the skill would defend them all if needed. It was going to be a long day but one that would make a beautiful story.

Are you ready to learn your fate?

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 4th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Jasmine looked out at the sky and smiled brightly. She was so happy to see Syna out once more. Looking around at all the people leaving to hunt and socialize again. Walking over back inside the woman decided to take a ride for a few days.

“HAVEN! LARA! Come here you two!” Jasmine called.

The dog and fox raced up at their master's command. Smiling Jasmine put the leashes on the pair before walking into town to drop them off with Tomma for the next few days. Walking in the woman smiled at her boss when he looked over at her.

“Hello Jasmine something special going on?” Tomma asked looking at the woman.

“Just hoping I could drop off Haven and Lara. I want to go riding for a few days with the weather back to normal again,” Jasmine said with a smile.

“Happily,” Tomma said and bid the woman well before taking the two to the back.

Jasmine left and looked up to see where Syna was before heading to grab a little dried meat from the butcher. Looking around the girl decided just a weeks worth would be plenty for the time being. After ward getting everything purchased the blond quickly hurried back to her tent. Excitement was just rolling off the woman in waves. The woman had to purposely slow her movements down so that she could think about all that was needed for the trip. Sitting cross legged on the floor Jasmine pulled her packs close so she would be able to pack accordingly. Looking around Jasmine grabbed her an extra shirt and pants, her brush, toothbrush, her bedroll, and the weeks worth of rations. Satisfied with the first bag she moved it to the side. Pulling the other bag over she started to put her weapons within it, daggers, extra arrows, and some extra string for her bow in case the current string breaks for whatever reason.

“Now to get Chaser set up,” Jasmine said happy with how her packs were packed up.

She stood up and walked over to the opening of her tent and out side once more. Whistling the stallion raced over to her a stopped beside her. Smiling the woman grabbed her yvas and put the contraption on the beast. Chaser snorted and shook his head looking at the human not ready to wear the thing. Smiling Jasmine gently patted his side and got all the straps attached before nodding happy with how the yvas was fitting. Should she had been going without all the supplies Jasmine would have just by passed all the yvas rigging that took up most of her time before a ride. Walking inside the woman grabbed one bag and came out strapping it onto the yvas hook while humming gently. Returning inside once more Jasmine grabbed the last pack and secured it before making sure everything was finished in the tent. She made sure that dirt was on the fire pit to keep it from getting lit for any reason.

The woman stepped out with her cloak around her shoulder in case she would need the hood for shade. Looking at everything and double checking her previsions Jasmine tightly sealed up her yvas with the ties and mounted up on Chaser. She allowed the stallion to walk through the town and headed to the east. Once clear of the Watch patrol route Jasmine smiled brightly and looked forward. She kicked Chaser's side and the pair shot across the plains racing the wind and feeling the sun on their skin. After about half a bell Jasmine saw a tent come into her field of view. She slowed Chaser down to a walk and looked at the pair of sisters as the pair rode up to them.

“Hello?” Jasmine called looking at them.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Last edited by Jasmine Stormblood on April 18th, 2016, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Prophet on April 10th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Becca and Lina were loading their horse; they only had one for the two of them, when Jasmine rode up. Lina hid a bit behind the rear of the mare. Becca stepped forward and narrowed her eyes at the incoming rider. With a few strands of hair draped across the oung girl’s face, she pulled the bow from her shoulder and held an arrow against the string. She didn’t aim it and tried her best to keep from shaking.

“What do you want?” The older girl chimed with a cold tone. Lina stared intensely at the older blonde lady. She had years on them both but also had a much finer horse. Becca dropped her glance to check on her sister and noticed the look of approval she was giving the stranger. Like any protective big sister, Becca stepped sideways to block Lina from Jasmine’s line of sight. “We’re very busy.” Becca replaced the arrow and shouldered the bow though it was not a smooth motion since she had no practice. Her hair got a little tangled and so it took several ticks to get the weapon settled. Once Becca’s hands were free, she signed a curt apology and then a polite request for Jasmine to move along. “We have a journey to make and can’t waste any time.” The girl turned her face and with sad eyes of firm resolve, she offered a very dry. “Sorry.”

Lina moved around her sister and held the ax by her side. It was too big for the girl and h was holding it wrong. Her soft eyes trailed to Jasmine and Chaser with a longing to say something but her duty to her family and love for her sister would never allow her to speak out of turn. For a chime, the girl watched their visitor even as her older sister dismissed the woman by pretending to be older than she was. Lina offered a very small smile to Jasmine then turned to help Becca continue to load down their old mare.

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 11th, 2016, 1:12 am

Jasmine watched the girl closely when she held the arrow at her. Raising an eyebrow the blond didn't flinch in the slightest. Something in her just told her that the girls did not know how to properly use their weapons. That's not to say that the pair was harmless just more likely to miss or hurt themselves.

“Just passing through enjoying the nice weather. I plan to hunt another half bell from here or so. I'm afraid you won't get far with the old mare,” Jasmine said watching them continue to put items on her.

“With your added weight there is no way she will make it to Riverfall or anywhere else,” Jasmine said and slid down from Chaser's back letting him go graze as she walked over, “if you two insist on using her let me be an extra set of hands to get everything cleaned up. Uh if I may why are you two so far from Endrykas?”

Jasmine was known to be very pushy among the rest of the Drykas. Though she was almost known to happily lend a hand to those who need it. She looked at each sister in turn taking in their weapons, and how unpracticed they were. Humming gently while looking she clicked her tongue and got a sugar carrot out of her yvas. Walking over to the old mare Jasmine allowed her to eat the carrot. The blond pulled her hair back and began to look over the older horse unsure of how far the girls would get with such an old girl. Feeling under the female horse's stomach caused her to snort and look back to the blond before looking forward once more. Chaser watched his rider as she looked over the mare for the girls even if the older of the pair seemed annoyed by her. The woman walked over to her bag and gabbed her pick walking over to the old girl. She picked up the left hoof of the mare and cleaned out her hooves. Smiling the older horse tested out her now clean hooves before moving around some. Jasmine walked over to the young of the girls.

“Is your sister always so distant?” Jasmine asked looking at her.

She wanted to understand what the girls were doing, and where they were going. Light blue eyes watched the younger of the pair as she seemed to want to say something, but looked back at the older of the pair. Jasmine followed her eyes to the elder sister and decided if there was one to get close to then it would be the younger one beside her. The wind blew through causing the woman's hair to fly up some to the side casting a small shadow on her shoulder. She watched the young girl wanting to help them both so badly. Jasmine knew how it felt to be nearly completely alone, even if she still had her full family. Her attention turned to the older sister hearing her grumble and complain about something. Jasmine was very aware that she was unwanted by one sister yet the other seemed so excited to speak with her. Ignoring the grumpier of the two she turned back to look into the eyes of the younger sister. Spotting how the girl was holding the ax, Jasmine shook her head and showed her how to properly wield the weapon. That way the girl would not hurt herself or anyone close to her.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Last edited by Jasmine Stormblood on April 18th, 2016, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Prophet on April 15th, 2016, 10:58 pm

The girls seemed to go on about their business by simply moving around Jasmine. They weren’t used to older women being around or people in general and their grandfather was a man whose trust was not easily earned. It seems this trait had been instilled in his oldest granddaughter, Becca who somehow managed to yvas the horse (even though the yvas was as big as she was) and keep one eye on Jasmine while maintaining a stern resolve to accomplish her goals.

It was inspiring in a way but also raised sadness in a person. It was plain to see that the girls not only led a tough life as was common to the Drykas but they also led a rather unfulfilled one. Lina teetered on her feet not doing much of anything but trying to balance the hand ax. Her little frame suggested that th girl might have been sick last winter.

Lina looked up to Jasmine often with her curious stare. The woman was so pretty and had big blue eyes like the sky. It was fascinating to Lina who comes from a family of all brown-eyed people. “Do you like dogs?” the little girl asked.

“Lina!” Becca interrupted sharply. “That’s enough!”

“Maybe she could help!” Lina shot back almost spitting. It was clear she was upset as water began to pool along the bottoms of her eyes. This did the trick and like any good big sister, Becca dropped the dried fruits in her arms and ran to her little Lina almost pushing Jasmine in the process.

“There, there, Mana.” Becca wrapped her arms around the smaller girl. “We’re together. We can do this but I need you to be strong.” Becca’s face was pale. It was almost as if she had little hope for success in their endeavor. For a brief moment, both girls looked at Jasmine; her size, her cheerful attitude, her stallion and her weapons and the look they shared was of longing. Was it a cry for help? Or envy? The moment passed and Becca’s face returned to stone. “Ready to go?” Lina nodded and dried her eyes on the sleeve of her dress and walked to the mare dragging the ax in the dirt behind her.

Becca started to move things around on the yvas and began struggling with Lina to get her on the old mare. Grunts and red-faced effort accompanied the attempts of which there were many but nothing seemed to work. Finally, out of sheer desperation, Becca turned to Jasmine with an annoyed look on her face. “Since you’re staring…can you help me put her on the stupid horse?”

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 15th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Jasmine watched the young girl put the yvas on the mare with some difficulty. Jasmine would have normally asked to help the girl, but she seemed to hate the blond without even knowing her. After watching the elder of the girls for some time the woman would catch the younger staring up at her. The woman smiled gently at the young girl and turned her attention back to their weapons once more. She herself had her daggers with her. With the young child's tiny appearance there was no way she would be able to wield the axe in battle without leaving herself open for injuries.

“Yes, I do. I have a small hunting dog back home though I wasn't comfortable bringing her out here with me for an extended period of time,” Jasmine said and looked when the older one shouted.

Jasmine felt like she was caught in the middle of a tiny family feud. Listening to the girls talk about her helping made her feel a little better. When the tears began to appear in the small ones eyes, Jasmine quickly found herself backing up before the one called Becca could run over her. She was happy to see the two girls work out whatever it was that they were silently fighting about concerning the woman. Her eyes followed the pair as they seemed to look back at her for help beyond just what the other had asked her. Shaking her head Jasmine looked at the girls trying to get her attention back from lala land.

“I can't let you keep the axe little one. It's far too big for you. If you try to fight with it all you are going to do is get hurt or killed. Let me have that and I will give you something more size appropriate,” Jasmine said and whistled.

Chaser snorted and walked over to the woman and stood still while she dug through her bags. Jasmine growled gently fighting to find where the daggers had gone. Slapping her head she closed the bag and moved to the other side taking out a beautiful dagger. Walking over Jasmine smiled at the pair as they seemed to watch her movements.

“If you are going to use anything to fight use what you know your body can handle. Here take these they are much easier to practice with and much more comfortable,” Jasmine said and offered the young girl a dagger hilt first.

Jasmine knelled to the girls height to look her in the eyes as she continued to speak to both of them.

“I am more than happy to ride along with you girls and help you in any way I can. Please accept my offer and yes, I will help her up on the mare,” Jasmine said looking to Becca once more with a smile.

She was determined to get to know the two girls better. They were alone, barely trained with their weapons, most likely didn't know how to hunt, and had an old mare that could very easily die any day now. Without some kind of help and training the two would never make it to the next city wherever that may be.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Last edited by Jasmine Stormblood on April 18th, 2016, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Prophet on April 18th, 2016, 1:10 am

Becca was about to refuse Jasmine’s offer and send her away when the sound of approaching hoof beats caused all in the space to turn ad take note of two riders. Becca and Lina both went pale and began the hurried act of trying to put away their weapons, unpack the mare and pretend to do chores all in the span of a few ticks. Anyone would be impressed with the efficiency with which the pair of small girls moved. By the time the galloping striders came into the small camp, Becca was mending a hole in a cotton shirt and Lina was beating dust from a rug while watching a kettle boil down some roots that would be used for a stew later in the day.

Heavy boots hit the ground; first one pair and then a second. The stomping was almost militant as a gruff old man and an even scruffier young one came into view. Both men were unkempt, sweaty and smelled of hard work in the warm sun. The older one made a practiced path around the site which allowed him to hover over one girl for a moment and then the other. When he was satisfied that his minions were serving their purpose, he turned and walked to the young blonde who had spent the last few ticks under the leering eyes of the scruffy man. The younger one seemed more than interested but the older one simply seemed agitated. “What’s your business here?” He signed quickly and rudely with his hands asking the same question but added in something about the young woman being nosey and a thief.

Before Jasmine could speak, Becca spoke up. The shaking tone in her voice was of fear and respect. “Sir…pardon sir…” When the leather-faced man spun towards the young teen, she signed an apology for interrupting and looked at her worn out shoes. “This woman offered to find Haggar for us.” The older Drykas turned and gave one solid up-down of Jasmine and scoffed as did his younger companion. The comment emboldened the younger fellow to make a slow approach towards the blonde.

“Seems a nice thang like you should be poppin’ out babies somewhere nex’ t’ a fire…” His eyes conveyed the same message as the rest of his greasy demeanor even before he signed a question of wanting to practice. The older man was already over the whole thing and had turned to peek into the stew. It was at this time that he noticed the ax out of place and his face grew red.

“Why is this out?!” He stomped towards the ax and the little girl cut him off only to be swatted aside by a stern backhand that crumpled her to the ground. Becca ran to her sister and spoke out of turn while cradling the younger one’s head into her shoulder.

“She wanted it!!” Becca was scared by her own volume and the force behind her words. Before speaking again, she toned herself down a bit. “She was going to trade a nice dagger and some carrots for it before she went off to the woods.” Though the old man was stalking closer to the pair of sisters while holding the ax at his side; he suddenly felt as if a solution had presented itself. He turned away from the girls, pushed his associate out of the way and came to stand before Jasmine. There was a glimmer of meanness in his eyes as he smiled warmly to his guest.

“These girls are my granddaughters and our dog ran off.” He signed old and something similar to not too bright. “This ax belonged to their papa. You find the dog, you can keep the ax and I’ll have the girls cook up somethin’ nice for ya when ya get back.” He elbowed the younger man who was whispering something into his ear. The scruffy Drykas let out an ‘oof’ and backed away. “Now…let me see this dagger.”

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 18th, 2016, 3:08 am

Jasmine turned her head looking over hearing what sounded like two horses approaching. She put the two daggers back in her belt to keep them out of sight as the girls quickly got their stuff unpacked from the mare. The woman watched in amazement at how fast the two moved suddenly. Looking over once more hearing two sets of boots hitting the ground. The younger seemed to stalk the woman from the moment he landed on the ground and spotted her. The elder of the two walked around the camp watching the two girls closely. All the clues were slowly beginning to make sense, the girls wanted to get away from the two men. Silently Jasmine cursed herself for being so curious and not just helping them pack faster and ride beside them.

“Yes, sir. I know how upset I would be if I lost my pup at home. So I offered to look for the dog,” Jasmine said quickly agreeing with Becca to keep him from questioning her further. Jasmine bit the inside of her cheek to keep from growling when he talked about her like some kind of breeding cow. Swallowing the puke that had threatened to spew from her mouth at his offer to practice such actions.

“As kind of an offer I have to refuse. I have an intended back home,” Jasmine said before moving to the side trying to put some distance between her and the young man.

Jasmine's head snapped over to the older man when he yelled at the young girl. Moving without thinking Jasmine moved over closer to the girls getting his attention about the same time Becca explained. With her movement came the quick following of the younger man not wanting her attention turned from him it appeared.

“That's right sir. I caught sight of it when I arrived and asked to see it. Do excuse me if it was out of line sir. I did not thinking to ask if anyone was living with the girls,” Jasmine said easily lying through her teeth without even blinking.

Thinking Jasmine looked to the girls hoping should she agree that they would be able to point her in the right direction. She began to decide whether it was worth it or if the man would allow one of them to ride along with her. Getting one away and getting answers while they were out is what Jasmine was hoping for. She looked at the man and took out the dagger and presented it to the man before her. Her blond hair fell into her eyes come as she thought still. She allowed the man to take the dagger and examine it for faults. Knowing that the dagger was brand new the blond doubted he would find any fault in the metal. Finally making her decision Jasmine felt the girls would be okay if he thought that she would be returning.

“Okay, I will go look,” Jasmine said with a smile and took the dagger once more, “I will give you this in return for the axe upon my return.”

She walked away from the men and had to fight a shudder. Whistling Chaser trotted over and stood still while the woman mounted up. When the twos backs were turned Jasmine signed her apologies to the girls and gently kicked Chaser's sides. The stallion snorted and walked away before trotting after some time. Jasmine's nerves about the two men were on edge, there was just something not right about them. Looking up to Syna, Jasmine prayed a small prayer of protection over the two girls.

“Please, please Syna cover them with your protection,” Jasmine said gently before looking forward.

Pushing the stallion faster, the pair rode for another half a bell. She had never been out so far to the east, slowing Chaser the woman looked down the hill at the forest. Pushing gently to show him to go slow until he got used to the slope. Once the pair made it down the hill, looking at the foliage on the ground the woman knew that Chaser would never fit. Taking a deep breath the woman grabbed her weapons and loaded what little she would need into her packs from the yvas. Walking over to the tree line Jasmine slowly started to work her way through the weeds and brambles. After some time and several tares to her shirt and pants Jasmine finally made it through.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Prophet on April 22nd, 2016, 1:07 am

As polite as she was pretending to be, the younger Drykas male was easily duped. The older ore cantankerous fellow was less likely to be deceived. He did have two daughters of his own and was well aware of the coy tricks, white lies and placated respect. Not wanting to let on, he bit on some of her speech but not all as no person would simply take the word of a stranger at full value. “Yes, well, the girls are not alone.” He signed the words proud and protective then made the motion for grandfather. It might have been hard to see but somewhere deep down inside of his crusty exterior, the fellow held real love for his girls. Perhaps years of a hard life without his first love and daughter had made him callous. Perhaps the girls remind him daily of what he has lost so every interaction becomes bittersweet. Perhaps.

He went to check on something inside his tent and let Jasmine and the younger man banter back and forth. The comment she had made about an intended seemed to inspire the oaf to try harder. He smelled horrible and his breath smelled like dead garlic but that didn’t seem to matter to the husky Drykas. He bent his body forward as Jasmine moved in the girls’ direction. “Hey sunshine, tell me ‘bout this intended. Is he as ‘andsome as me?” The man was about to do something foolishly daring but the old man came out and the younger one slipped away.

The old man listened to the blonde taking in all she had to say. He nodded and agreed making a simple sign revealing as much. Before Jasmine mounted her horse, he strode up and stuck the ax in her yvas bag then held out his hand. “You’ll need the ax in the woods. I’ll hold the dagger for you. If you return, you can have it back if you like.” The hand ax was simple but well made. The head was heavy but revealed a smooth surface and a sharp edge. The handle was some kind of hardwood not found in the grasslands and it had a slight curve at the bottom. There was also a very well-worn space that marked the most effective place to grip. The old man took a step back and watched her ride off with his girls who came up to nestle against the aged Drykas. “I hope the gods love ya, girl.” It was just a whisper but there was a sincerity in his voice.

When Jasmine finally reached the edge of Kei’Neha Valley, the lush forest rose up to greet the hill with dense underbrush and a vivid green blanket for a canopy. The light of Syna was warm but she could not penetrate into the trees and thus it was much colder in the forest. The way was rough. Walking a hundred yards could take thirty chimes simply because Jasmine was going to have to hack and slash her way through all of the vines, bushes and briars. Birds sang and squirrels chattered but that didn’t make the terrain any less brutal. Without the ability to locate Syna in the sky, telling time was impossible. Another danger of the forest was the inability to move in a straight line. It would be very easy to get turned around. It would have been three bells of clearing a path but Jasmine would feel like she’s worked an entire day. She could rest when and where she chose. There were berry bushes and plenty of edible rots and bugs to be found. Speaking of bugs, the forest had things she might not have encountered before such as caterpillars, hairy spiders that jump and mosquitos. These and so much more would make their presence known by crawling, buzzing and bothering the newcomer.

As nighttime descends upon the wooded world, some of the bugs become scarce and the song of the birds changes. Once the crickets join in, a cold breeze blows above the underbrush drastically lowering the temperature. These are the only indicators that day has passed to night. It is also around this time when Jasmine will find herself staring at a path that she has already carved through the sticks, flowers and vines. In this crossing lies an interesting discovery. In the trail where the Drykas woman had been earlier was a set of tracks. They were small and rounded with no signs of claws or the like. That wasn’t the strange part; no, that would be the fact that each print was outlined with some kind of glowing residue. It was a purplish blue color and seemed to shimmer softly on top of the grass, moss and compost on the forest floor. It’s been a very long day and there has been no sign of the dog. The sounds of the forest were very soothing but the tracks were so intriguing. A decision must be made.

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 27th, 2016, 3:24 am

Jasmine used her hand axe from the man. He had insisted that she would need it where she was going. The woman ended up using the axe to cut through the underbrush as she went. Panting Jasmine looked around her at the huge forest and gulped. Slowly the woman walked through the forest calling for the dog. She held on to the hand axe that the man had insisted she take it with her. After some time the blond became exhausted and fell to her knees. The axe was an added weight that was not counted on when she departed earlier that morning. Looking around she drank a little of her water not wanting to drink much of it. Without knowing where another water source was Jasmine could not afford to empty the water skin as she wanted to at the moment.

She allowed herself about then chimes before getting up and continuing. If the woman couldn't find the dog there was no way, she would be back by night fall. Slowly getting up Jasmine felt something on her shoulder. Looking over the blond was met by a forked tongue licking her cheek and hissing. Screaming Jasmine raced off jumping over fallen logs and roots. After at least one bell the woman fell down panting hard trying to catch her breath. Shifting the blond looked up at the leaves of the forest. Part of her wanted to just run out of the forest and tell the girls that it was not about to happen. Shivering the woman wanted to see Syna's light again. Slowly the blonde forced her aching muscles to pick her from the ground.

“Must keep going,” She said and began to walk again holding the hand ax within her hands.

Jasmine hoped she would not need to use the weapon as the woman had no training with the weapon. Hearing strange noises kept the woman on her toes. She hoped there was no wolves in the forest knowing there would be more than just those predators. Gasping the blond found herself almost running face first into a large spider web. Looking around she went around it and kept going. Jasmine fought to keep her legs from giving out on her wondering how long she had been walking. Not paying attention the woman tripped over a root slamming into the ground. Groaning she felt the rocks digging into the skin on her hands.

“Ow,” she said and stood up while groaning.

The blond dusted off her sore hands wincing more. She stood up and slowly began walking deciding that panic was not the best idea this time. Walking around there was nothing to do seeing as the world around her began to quiet itself. Jasmine looked at the world as she heard fewer and fewer birds calling. Night time was descending something caught her eyes. A set of tracks that had a funny color around the edge. Kneeling down she tried to recall if the tracks had been in place before. The blond needed to sleep, but there was no way she would be able to sleep with her nerves on edge.

“Let's follow them and see where they lead,” Jasmine said and stood up.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes