Plotnotes of Veldrys Vervain

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Plotnotes of Veldrys Vervain

Postby Veldrys on April 4th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Interview

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Veldrys Vervain
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Sometimes people call me “Vel”.
3. How old are you? I am 26 years old.
4. What is your height? I am about 6’ tall.
5. What is your weight? I have never measured my weight, but it is safe to say that I am somewhat underweight, even for a Symenestra.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am not extraordinarily handsome, but pleasant enough to look at. I have silver hair that is currently about shoulder length and amethyst eyes. My skin is much too pale for a human man, but normal for a Symenestra. I am quite slender, and my hands end in black claws.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Exotic or frightening, depending on who you ask. Some think I look strange as well.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My favourite feature are my eyes. Even when I morph, I never change my eye color.
4. How physically fit are you? Fit enough to work in the Catholicon all day long, but not extraordinarily fit.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I usually wear silk clothes, adapted to the style of whatever city I currently live in.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My parents are Velveryn Vervain, a merchant in Kalinor and his wife Soraya, a weaver. My mother was an Esterian and died giving birth to me. I have been told that she was very brave. My father was a kind man and always treated me fairly.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have two sisters from my father’s second marriage. Surrogates gave birth to them.
3. What is your extended family like? It is very small. My family are mostly merchants and weavers, and most of them believe in the Harvest which has caused some friction between them and me.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Blood is everything. But I also consider my friends to be important.
5. Do you treat animals like family? That is a difficult question to answer. I had a bondmate once, a cheetah Kelvic named Lucette. She was my lover and would have been the mother of my child, if that child had not died in the womb. She meant everything to me, even though she was at heart an animal. So I treat Kelvic like family, but real animals are a different matter. I treat them with kindness, but not like people.

1. Where were you born? I was born in Kalinor.
2. Where do you live now? I live in Lhavit now.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Denval. I was happiest there. I met Lucette there and was marked by Viratas. But Denval is gone.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? In Kalinor I loved to spend time in the Blue Grotto. In Lhavit I usually spend a lot of time in the Bharani library.
5. Where do you fear to be? Back in Kalinor, forced to bed surrogates, get them pregnant and condemn them to a painful death.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)I have none of those things.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? I am left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Common and Symenos. My voice is a baritone. It sounds very calm and there is a soothing quality to it. I speak Common fluently, but I pronounce my words slightly differently than a native speaker. I have a light accent, but most people can’t definie it.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? No.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? Again, no.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I am a doctor.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I enjoy my work. It is important. I can save people. I can try to find ways for my people to survive without abducting women from the surface.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I do not want to be anything else, apart from a priest maybe. I yearn to meet Viratas again and receive more of his marks.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? My own occupation, that of a doctor. There is no more important occupation in all of Mizahar.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Thieves, murerers and drug dealers. I don’t think I need to explain why.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I was an introverted child that loved learning. I was also a happy child.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I remember all those times I went swimming in the Blue Grotto with my friends quite fondly.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? The moment I found out about the Harvest.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? When I was a child, we were very close. I have not had a lot of contact with them since I left Kalinor though. News travel slowly to and from our city.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? There are two. The priest of Viratas I worked for in Denval and Doctor Hellebore of the Purging in Kalinor.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I went to the Mene Madras school in Kalinor and later studied Medicine at the Purging under Doctor Hellebore.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy learning.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? In Kalinor.
4. How do you learn best? I learn best during my work or when I’m sitting in the library. I don’t like learning alone, in my home.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I wish to further my knowledge of medicine and also study herbalism and philtering and improve my skill in glyphing.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I’m slow to warm up to other people. I am a bit of an introvert. But once I have made a friend, we are usually very close.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I do not trust people easily. I have been disappointed too often. I wish it were not the case.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I am bisexual.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. I was on my first gleaning in Lhavit. His name was Seven Xu. He was a halfblood Symenestra, a little younger than me. We met at night, on the Zintila peak, started talking and quickly fell in love.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I have had sex with two people so far, my bondmate Lucette and Seven Xu. My first time was with Seven Xu. It was wonderful. I never realized that life oculd be like that, but unfortunately we had to part ways all too soon. His father also did not approve of our romance.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)