Location Sultros Blades

Custom weapons - made to order

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Sultros Blades

Postby Eanos on September 25th, 2013, 10:31 pm

It wasn't often that Eanos was asked a question concerning weapons that he was unable to immediately answer. This one though fell into the category of using weapons where his expertise was much less. He pondered the question since ghosts were as common if not more in Sultros as they were here.

"I'm perhaps not the best person to ask that," he answered. "Yes, in simple terms a magecrafted weapon could do that but the cost would be very high. It might be possible to do it without magecraft but I would need to research that. I have heard it said that if the weapon user is skilled enough then they can affect the ghost."

He shrugged, "But I guess that a ghost can only be a threat to you if they touch you, in which case any weapon will also touch them."

oocSai ready when you are

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Sultros Blades

Postby Sei Tendo on September 26th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Sei Tendo
18th of Fall, 513AV

Sei stepped into the Sultros Blades, and searched for the smith. He looked at the weapons around, him, and he looked up to find the smith. "Hello. I'm here to see about the Crescent Twins I ordered." He said, still looking around. He didn't know to much about weapons, but he did know enough to describe what he wanted. There had to be at least one thousand blades here, and none of them looked the same. There were hilts, serrated blades, pommels, and more. He couldn't help but admire.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Eanos on September 27th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Sei Tendo

It was a face that Eanos immediately recognised, as he did for any of his customers who ordered something unusual or more advanced. He nodded at the request and asked Sei to wait for a moment while he fetched them,

He came back with a cloth wrapped bundle which he set carefully on the workbench and altered the lantern so that it threw out more light. "I made the blades as you requested," the smith said and carefully opened up the cloth so that the two blades were left lying in its centre.

Revealed were two matching crescent shaped blades, each about seven inches in length. The handles were leather wrapped and of suitable size to be gripped comfortably and strongly. The blades shone with a mirror finish and a close look would show that in the steel had a rippled effect of dark and light lines like the grain of a knotted piece of wood or ripples on water though the surface was perfectly flat.

Eanos stepped back so that Sei could look closer and handle the weapons.

oocAs discussed, the exact details of the weapons I leave you to describe.

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Sei Tendo on September 27th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei looked at the blades. They were rounded, and had the blade on one side as he'd asked. He lifted the weaons, and tested the weight. They had a heft to them, but were light enough to swing easily, and would be a great asset. He turned away and slashed the air with one of the blades. They werer crafted finely, and would do a great deal of damage. The blade would be able to hook itself inside their cuts, and it would be great if he could learn to use them both at once.

"They're light, and remarkably shaped to perfection." He commented. He liked the leather hilt. It was easy to grip, and was soft against his palms. "Your work is splendid."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Eanos on September 27th, 2013, 6:57 pm

It was always a pleasure to have a satisfied customer and so Eanos nodded.

"I am pleased that they suit you and they should serve you well." There was just the matter now of settling the outstanding bill and the blades would have a new home and owner.

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Sei Tendo on November 2nd, 2013, 4:36 pm

20th of Fall, 2nd bell, 513AV

Sei entered the Sultros, and looked around the room. There were blades everywhere. Of course, he'd come on business. Sei had a weapon in mind, and couldn't wait to make the order. "Hello? Smith?" He called.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Eanos on November 2nd, 2013, 4:52 pm

Sometimes people wandered into the shop out of curiosity, some entered with purpose but were thinking of a future purchase and others were familiar from having purchased blades from the shop before. Clearly the current customer fell into the latter category and Eanos recognised him immediately.

"Hello," he replied coming out into the main part of the shop, and giving Sei a nod. "How can I help you this day?"

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Sei Tendo on November 2nd, 2013, 5:01 pm

"Mornin'." Sei said with a slight nod. He looked around and drew in a deep breath. "I'm here with a request." He said proudly, and turned to a blade lying next to him. He turned back to the smith and began to explain. "If you can, could you possibly make a sickle and chain?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Eanos on November 3rd, 2013, 12:23 pm

Eanos listened carefully to the request as he always did, but kept the smile from his face. The smile was amusement at the challenging nature of the request, rather than at the oddness of it. Eanos had his opinions as to the nature of effective weapons but since he was not a bladesman himself he kept them mostly to himself. Since he didn't think much of the standard swords that many people bought, he was hardly going to judge Sei for his strange taste in weapons.

"A sickle and chain? Yes I think that I can make you something along those lines." The request would not be overly challenging in a technical sense, for it was merely a blade in a different shape, however it would be a reasonably large blade and a sickle had an unusual handle, fortunately however such would be available elsewhere in the city.

"Did you want it full size and what length of chain did you want? Is there any more detail you would like for the blade or chain? What did you want the handle made from? Metal or wood?" He raised an eyebrow and waited for an answer whilst he pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and a pencil to make notes.

Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Sultros Blades

Postby Sei Tendo on November 3rd, 2013, 4:29 pm

Sei pondered the smiths words for a bit. Length of the chain... "Maybe.. I need a specific sickle, and and a yard and a half of thinnest you can make the chain would be great." He explained. He made a particularly strange figure with his finger. "I'd like the Sickle to look like this."
"A metal handle would lessen the speed, but probably increase the force. I guess I'll take the metal handle."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext