The Driving Force Of Hospitality [Hwyn]

While patrolling the city, Alex meets a new acquaintance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alexander Ross on April 15th, 2016, 5:12 pm

Alexander Ross

Spring, 10th 516

As usual, the streets of Syliras were bustling with civilian life, to focused on their own objectives to even pay attention to the world around them. It was a bit sad, the fact that just about every resident of the city always had some place they needed to go, and they only had a certain amount of time to get there. Everyone is always in a hurry, which usually made Alex feel as if he were always in the way. Of course, there were not many civilians in Syliras who would openly scold a squire of the Order, but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t get a few dirty looks every now and then. A knight or a squire patrolling the city streets could easily be passed with a few simple side steps… however, a squire mounted atop a full-grown Gildling would take a moment or two to get around.

Speaking of difficulty… Alex gasped and held the reigns tighter as Digby shifted a bit. At first, he thought it was just Digby once again getting into his mischievous side and attempting to toss the boy off. Then he realized it was because one of the civilians had not been paying attention to where he was walking, and had bumped his shoulder into the Gildling’s ribs. The man muttered a quick apology, before continuing on his way as if nothing had happened.

“One of these days, Digby… I’m going to have a nice home away from these crowded streets.” He said softly, giving the stallion a reassuring pat on the side of his neck. “That is, if I don’t die before I can even get the chance to buy one…” Digby only nickered in response and continued trotting down the streets. Alex always felt more comfortable talking to Digby, even though he probably couldn’t understand a word he was saying. With a sigh, he resumed watching the streets carefully, trying to keep his mind from wandering off as it often did.
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hwyn on April 15th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Another day another attempt to find employment. The waether at least was nice hwyn though to himself as he made his way out of his home after applying his make up and donning one of his newer outfits, a Black tunic that went down to just above his knees couple with red stockings and leather shoes. He had found it to be both alluring and comfortable simultaneously, And with a flower, a small tulip woven into his hair it certainly gave him a youthful air, not that he needed it when he already had such a baby face as he'd been told on so many an occasion. His ability to disguise himself as a girl had been growing better and better with each passing week in Syliras, sometimes he wondered if he was growing into the very mask he wore. Not to say that Hwyn thought he was a girl, he was quite aware of the reality, but he had certainly learned to appreciate the role and all the perks and penalties that came with it.

As Hwyn left the house he made an effort to tailor his way of walking, shifting his hips as he walked from left to right the way that women seemed to walk naturally was a chore to learn as a boy. Left, right,left,right,left,right. Yet the ladies of Syliras did it so naturally, He hoped that he would eventually achieve such a strut. He was somewhat pleased with himself as he slowly got it down, it would take some effort to do it thoughtlessly but it would be well worth it if he managed to learn a second set of mannerisms, after all one can never have to many disguises.

As Hwyn was walking lost in though focusing on his posture a rather portly man rammed into him from the side as if in some crazy rush to be somewhere on time. The man Knocked Hwyn backwards into some spring puddle left behind be the spring rains leaving Hwyn's backside quite wet, not to mention that fall it's self had smarted quite a lot. The man hardly looking back at the child he'd dislodged from the road kept going without nary an apology. Grimacing Hwyn looked at his now bleeding hand he'd used to break his fall, It wasn't it a deep cut but it hurt and it fowled the previously good attitude he had had when setting out for the day.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Ross on April 21st, 2016, 8:47 pm

Alexander Ross

The citizens of Syliras always had a way with dealing with those who ended up getting in their way, so it was no surprise to Alex when he caught a glimpse of a young girl being rudely shoved aside into a small puddle left behind by the spring rains. He sighed and bit his lip in frustration, before shaking his head. These were the people he was protecting. People who just shove aside those in their way without even the slightest acknowledgement or concern to their well being. People that would sooner tend to their own concerns than even give a second thought to the concerns of others. Selfish people who most likely don’t deserve knights or squires protecting them and keeping them safe.

Alex had half a mind to call out the man who had shoved the girl over, but he was already long gone, disappeared into the crowd without a trace. Instead, he gently spurred Digby forward and stopped right next to the girl, which gave Ross the chance to look her over. Something about her seemed… just a little bit off. She wasn’t as clean as most women in Syliras, but that wasn’t exactly it… He couldn’t exactly think of why he found her so strange, which only made him more curious.

“You okay, there?” He asked, holding tightly onto the reigns in case Digby decided to embarrass him by throwing the squire off… which he often enjoyed doing. The damned horse couldn’t go five minutes without pulling some sort of prank on him. Luckily for now, the Gildling seemed to be a bit more collected than usual. Strange, but fortunate.
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets