Placeholder [Job Thread]The Right Kind of Game.

Job Thread 1 of 2 (Spring516av)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Job Thread]The Right Kind of Game.

Postby Brocton Firestone on May 3rd, 2016, 12:58 am

Timestamp & Location: 2nd of Spring516av, The Sea of Grass.

Brocton awoke solemnly. His eyes blinked a few times while he tried to transition from the nights darkness to the early morning sun. His arms felt nearly numb from lying in them. His parents had already gotten out of bed, so Brocton figured that he'd slept in. Which isn't the norm for him. The Drykas usually kept up with a moderate schedule. Philly was sound asleep beside him and she had a tendency if snoring. Not too loud, but merely a light an fairly audible snore. Terrance was already out of bed as well, Broc could hear the panting from outside his Pavillion. Broc raised his head as he turned onto his back. Arms raised for a stretch and an morning yawn.

He raised his upper body and placed his hands firmly onto the ground beneath him and bent his knees upwards his blonde curled hair fell over his face and eyes, which made things a bit difficult to see. He leaned over to Philly, his sister and light brushed the strands of her long soft hair. He smiled and then stopped to only stand up and walk out if the family pavillion.

He was greeted by his parents as they were already outside doing their morning chores."Morning son. Are you planning on hunting today?"Asked his father. Titus, his father, was skinning the last of their freshly caught game from a few days ago. They were running a but low on supplies from the last winter. But, they hadnt gorged much on meats. On account, they would usually eat whatwver they could export from the local market."Yes father, would you mind if I take Terrance along?" Replied the blonde as he looked over at his companion sitting royally beside Broc's father staring at the meat before him."Knock yourself out kid, Terrance can't find himself anywhere, but stare at this hide."Said Titus as he looked over to his loving wife washing clothes.

The whole family was dressed in their clothing that represented the Emerald Clan. Beads and green jeweles. Broc didn't care much for the beads and other accessories that mixed in his hairs as the women of Endrykas would normally do. Most men, however, tend to leave their hair as the way it is. His mother, De'anu braided her own hair with the extra jeweles and beads. Her hair was braided in tight knots almost like a bun. Or most likely.

"Hey mom. How are you doing?" She was quite busy obviously, but she'd been stressed a bit lately. Broc hadn't known why or how. Though, he knew better than to ask about her personal life, unless she was willing to share the information. Her mother looked up after she squeezed the water out of a cotton shirt. Probably Broc's. With the damp shirt hanging from her hands, she spoke. It was warm and soothing almost like a warm spring on a early spring morning, like this one.
"I am doing fine. It looks like it'll rain soon darling. So please don't be out to long. Otherwise, I might have Philly go out to look for you. Trust me." Said De'anu as she went back to her business of cleaning clothes. Brocton nodded to his father and he nodded back. "I'll be back within a few bells. I promise. I'm just going to get my hunting gear and Terrance and I will go get Jinx. Come on boy." The hunting dog bounded over and across the grass with exuberant pants, while he wagged his tail and stuck his tongue out happily.

Broc retrieved his shortbow, Longsword, and quiver full of arrows that layed right at the side of the pavillion. Good thing his parents had brought them outside with them, otherwise it could've been quite a mess around the inside if the pavillion. Plus a bit crowded. Though, maybe it's time to get a chest to keep things simplly organized. Though, that'll probably mean that they'll have to get another traveling horse though right? Broc belted on his Longsword that was within its sheath. And hung the shortbow and quiver over his shoulders. He grabbed some rucksacks and tied around his waterskin around his waist, ready to start the day. He waved his leave to his parents and strolled over to the Guided Horse where his most likely to be bond waiting for him.

WC=733/2500

Pavi Sign.
"Pavi Speech."
"Common Speech."
"Others Speech."
Brocton Firestone
Player

Words: 100439
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2016, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brocton Firestone on May 5th, 2016, 1:54 am

Timestamp & Location:

It was a good thing when Broc had worn his cloak to bed because of the chilly nights that take such an advantage over Endrykas at night. Chilling it's residents with a brisk chill gusts of wind. If it was warmer temperatures the young man wouldn't have minded it so. But, since of its coolness things have been slow and partially cool.

Each step Broc had taken to reach the destination of The Guided Horse, the ground beneath him crinkled and mad almost snapping noises as he walked over the grass and small pebbles that were layed out benesth him. Terrance trotted along, mainly busyinh himself with the neighboring pavilions. Some of them waved at Broc and Broc waved back with a smile as he had one open hand and arm to do so. The bow and quiver kind of restrained his other arm.

Throughout his life, he'd known so much about hunting, that it nearly became second nature to him. He hadn't been very in check with his social life. Though he tend to be quite stubborn and partially picky. On the other hand, he had had always treated his family with loyal respect as be should as a family member. It was the right thing to do. Obviously. Unless, one hadn't the need of a family and disowned them, but who would be as harsh to do such a thing as that? Not Brocton. For sure.

As the duo, Broc and Terrance ever so neared the great purple like pavilion before them. Broc heard a cry of alarm behind him. He turned and instantly spotted his sister Philly running behind them. Terrance yapped as he rushed over to her, Philly was carrying the Yvas bags that were meant to be positioned onto the Yvas. Philly was up, would that mean she would want to go hunting? "Broc! You've forgotten your Yvas bags, you silly fool."She exclaimed childishly.

Broc smiled and face palmed his forehead and sighed heavily. A slight grin crossed over on the corner of his face. Leaving the bag wasn't intentional, though he nearly wanted to laugh because of the way Philly's hair was. It basically looked like a mop of curled hair. Philly handed him the Yvas bags and smiled. "Can I come with you Brocton? Maybe we can catch something fairly good together? Unless, you'd rather be alone?"

Broc studied her for a moment. He didn't know whether or not how safe it would be to take his sister out on another go for a hunting trip. Plus, since his official job as a hunter was to be a hunter, he'd rather earn the loyalty from the rest of the Emerald Clan, to expand the pride within it. "Maybe next time Philly, I promise. I have to get some good game today. Thank you Philly, for the bag. I would've forgot about it."Broc leaned his head over and pressed his lips on Philly's forehead. It was a quick and sensitive gesture towards Philly. It was something that he'd done to calm her whenever she was worked up or something of the sorts.

"Okay Brocton. Have fun. Oh please be careful!"Said Philly as her cheeks flushed a bright rose red. Broc pondered if it were embarrassment that he shows affection towards his younger sister or else if it was just anxiety creeping under her skin and it itched for ever time shed wanted to hunt, but was told no."Take care Philly."Said Broc before his sister turned and left through the maze of tents and families. She was gone in a matter of a few chimes, she blended in with the rest of Endrykas quite well. The people mostly, of course.

Broc smiled as she left, but then quickly turned round to head inside of the Guided Horse, Terrance trotted along beside him with quick pants. He was greeted by Kelna almost instantly as he stepped through into the great pavilion. Kelna stood as she was taking care of a mare, brushing it lively and almost talking to it, but stopped as she looked over at Broc with a smile. "Oh there you are Broc. I've been wondering when you would show up. Here to get Jinx. Of course you are. She's out back." Said Kelna with a pleasing nod. Broc nodded back and smiled. He looked down at Terrance and clicked his tongue for him to move along and follow. "Come on boy, let us go get Jinx. Then our way to the Spit Fire to see what we need to catch."

WC=762

TOTAL: 1495/2500 (2500 minimum)

Pavi Sign.
"Pavi Speech."
"Common Speech."
"Others Speech."
Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brocton Firestone on May 8th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Timestamp & Location:

It was fairly cool. The springy weather is starting to take haste as the winter weather was just leaving it's way. Off to torture some other part of Mizahar. Brocton rode on top of Jinx, sitting on the Yvas as a confident Drykas fellow would ever so sit. Brocton knew that he had to bond with Jinx some time, either it be soon or even later. But, of course, Brocton preferred sooner. For crying out loud, how picky can this kid be. One can't simply force a bond between his Strider and himself. It's just not right.

With one hand gripping on to the Yvas and the other stroking Jinx's neck. The blonde was simply humming a sweet melodic tune as he gathered in all of his surroundings. The tune, was just only a song that his mother had so dearly sang to him when he was a young boy. Broc, he couldn't figure out to why he was singing this song, more like humming it, but this was one of those days where he was in a mood of good. Not one of those bitter cold moods that brings every other person down.

With cool winds blowing at the man's face, Broc moved away one of the few strands of curls that had bothered his eyes over to the side of his head. It was a habit. When his hair would get in front of his eyes, he would always have an immediate tendency to remove them from his face and leave them somewhere other than his eyes. With a sigh, he leaned forward. "Good girl. Today we catch some game, hopefully good game."The horse whinnied and knickered, whilst waving her strawlike hair around. Brocton smiled, who can ever so get a grudge with this mare?

The ticks passed by, as Broc and his two companions; Jinx and Terrance trotted along. Broc waved to some of the fellow Drykas with a smile. Most of them waved back, but others were to busy to even give a care. As Broc strolled along, he could see the great fortifide pavillion of a tent. Broc slowed Jinx to a bear halt, but her hooves trotted fairly slowly. Broc dismounted Jinx and patted her."Stay here girl. That's a good girl." Said Broc patting the mares side with a firm hand, but keeping it steady was all he needed to get an affirmative whinnied out of Jinx. "Good girl." Said the blonde with a smile. He turned his body round and headed inside the Spit Fire.

The smell of dead game wafted throughout the pavillion as Broc let in a breath. It was a smell that can always nauseating, but it's also a scent of which one hunter to another, the scent that most Dryks would not ever forget. Hunting is in the Emeralds clan pride. Broc would never forget the times when he was hunting with his family. It was a fairly good family bonding experience. It still is by any chance as well.

Broc was greeted miraculously by the fair and patient owner of the Spit Fire. He was skinning a deer. Maybe it was a buck before hand, but who can tell now? Broc looked down over at his side, down at his hunting dog companion. Terrance. The dog looked up at him quizzically and tilted its head as if confused. Broc smiled and beant over to stroke the dogs head. Terrance licked his hand exuberantly and yapped. Broc quickly recovered his hand before Terrance could nip at it, the dog is still training to like the blonde, though it had already grown affectionate to his sister Philly and De'anu, his mother. With a sigh and a shake of his head, Broc walked over to Ronir.

"Was hoping to see you here Ronir." Said Broc with a cheerful smile. Ronir looked up with bloodied hands and a dagger in one, the hide in the other. "Oi. Good to see you to. Brocton, what do you need?" Asked Ronir. Broc figured that he could get a decent compromise out of the man, hopefully doing it before the hunt would have been a better path, but first a reason. "I have come to discuss some... Formalities of my hunting day. See what you need." Said the blond with a puzzled look over his cordial visage. The Drykas smiled awkwardly, as if to attempt and try to ease whatever tension was between them.

"Anything is fine with me, bring me the right kind of game and I'll make you an offer, best you compromise first with your catch."

Pavi Sign.
"Pavi Speech."
"Common Speech."
"Others Speech."
Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brocton Firestone on May 10th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Timestamp & Location:

There was an utter silence as Broc watched Ronir skin the dead creature of what used to be a thriving piece of life. Broc scoffed and shovel d his head and looked around him. There was a rack of wet skin hides hanging, dripping blood and water from the thin strands of furs. Broc returned his gaze to Ronir. "Well, if you want to resolve it that way, I'll best be leaving then."Said Broc with a sly smile of disgust.

Ronir simply nodded and wavered the boy before him out. Terrance responded with a low growl and a few snaps of his teeth, the dog soon turned and headed out understanding the anger that his master had and hopefully it was thinking that Terrance had sent some sort of message to Ronir. Even though, the man has a ton of patience day in and day out. He was quite busy with skinning the deer hide. Maybe whistling a tune or just thinking by himself. All in all, it didn't matter to Broc what he did.

The blonde turned and walked out of the pavillion. His head held high, not showing any remorse. With a scoff, he opened the entrance of the tent and left the pavillion. As he ventured to the outside, Broc took a deep breath and mounted on top of Jinx. The blonde, patted his left hand on the mares side and she whinnied quizzically almost. Or that was what it seemed to be. "Nope haven't made a deal with him yet. Best we catch something first and bring it back later. Maybe then he'll change his mind."

Bells later.

It was cool and briskly. Sun was up, but not completely as it hid behind the whites and the grey clouds as the sky rotated slowly round and round. Just staring at it for awhile could make one person feel slightly dizzy, if one would ever keep up a good stare for awhile of course. Jinx inched up with caution, taking steps through the tall grass that varied lengthy measurements. Terrance prowled through the grass almost hiden from sight, since of his medium filled frame.

"Go hunt, boy." Said Broc as he gestured a finger out through a patch of trees and an underbrush. The dog raised it's body and quickly went off, Broc gathered his hunting gear and the large set of Yvas bags that his sister Philly returned to him earlier this morning. It was a good thing she had done so, because Broc was unsure of what he'll catch today. Strapping the large Yvas bags over his shoulder, he readied an arrow in his shortbow and dismounted Jinx with a swing of his leg flowing over the mare, quite carefully though.

"Whinnie and run if you see danger Jinx, they'll know if I'll be gone if they don't see me riding you, but stay here girl I don't want to see you getting hurt."Said Broc as he patted the mares side with a cordial smile. The blonde nodded his head and turned around. Heading for the trees and the underbrush in hopes of finding a good set of game and meat.

Terrance stopped just before the bushes of the underbrush that lay before them. Broc nodded his head and as if the dog knew, Terrance turned and jumped through the bushes. Trees circled round the clearing and there was a small river flowing. Brocton managed his own way through to the clearing. He inched his way around and through some of the crevices that the trees had failed to blockade. Opposite of the small like river, there was a deer. A deer whom grazed the grass that was surprisingly level and easy to walk over. The deer must've been roughly twenty yards out easy enough for Broc at least.

Broc inched closer as he crouched low and steady. Mere stealth. With a breath, he raised and pulled back on the string, while taking hold onto the arrow. The blonde arched the bow, aiming directly for the deer. The deer, it was still busy grazing by the river. With a breath of excitement, the male released the arrow as he felt that he had the right amount of aim. The arrow zoomed through the clearing and made impact on the deer, it moaned and whimpered as it fell lifeless to the ground. The red liquid of thick oozing blood slowly poured out of the punctured hide. The deer was fairly large in size. Perhaps with six to eight points worth of antler trophies. Just waiting to be collected. Broc had smiled most happily as the creature fell lifeless.

The hard part is to figure out a way to transport the beast back to the Spit Fire without loosing all of its value. He could carry it and have Jinx transport it, but only if Jinx would want to carry it. Probably not. The blonde headed towards and through the river. The trej through the river was a small and lesser of pain to even trek through. The only question was, and still is; how would he manage to transport the dead animal?

One option came to mind, and it formulated as having to skin the deer. With a small gag, Broc unsheathed his Longsword, it probably wasn't the proper tool to use to skin the beast, but it was better than nothing.

-------

With bloody hands, and a bell worth of skinning and cleaning the deer. Broc had his large Yvas bag with him. He whistled for Jinx to come over. She carried the rest of the bags. Pelts and meat seemed to be the option for today. If Broc had another hunter with him the two would've been able to carry it, and this deer was quite a bit too heavy for the blonde to even attempt to carry. Jinx walked over to her companion and whinnied in disgust at the sight of the carcass that was lying on the ground. "Well, I know it's bad, but I knew that you wouldn't want to carry a dead animal over your back."The horse knickered in reply and nodded her head.

Broc started putting the pelts and meat inside the separate bags he even got to the antlers which he managed to tie them on the side of the Yvas. Leaving just enough room for Broc to sit. The blonde mounted and clicked his heels and whistled for Terrance to come through and follow. The dog hurried back and yapped excitedly as he trudged alongside his master heading back their way to the Spit Fire for some coin, some decent coin at least. Then they'll be back home before his parents would even worry. Hopefully.

WC= 1,120

Pavi Sign.
"Pavi Speech."
"Common Speech."
"Others Speech."
Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colt on May 26th, 2016, 12:35 am

Brocton Adan

Skills
Logic +1
Observation +3
Socialization +2
Rhetoric +1
Animal husbandry +2
Stealth +1
Hunting +1
Weapon: shortbow +1

Lores
Sleeping in: occasionally unavoidable
Mothers tend to worry
Brocton: sometimes forgetful
The Bond: impossible to force
Ronir: uninterested until provided with interest

Comments:
A nice read, but there were some things I couldn’t award you because you didn’t describe them. For example, I didn’t give you any points in skinning because you didn’t actually describe anything Brocton did to skin the deer; you simply skipped over it. Same thing with riding; Brocton clearly rode Jinx from one point to another, but the only thing you described him doing was dismounting her. Other than that, though, this was a fun read! Enjoy your grades, and feel free to PM me if you think I missed something!
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)