PM to join Reapings and rewards

An exotic merchant accused of being a mage. Violence fills the streets as his and he staff are attacked

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

Reapings and rewards

Postby Anarkhos on May 12th, 2016, 8:31 pm

There are two parts to this thread. This is the first, The mage hunt. In this thread a merchant of exotic goods has been accused of being a mage, and of course that is a big no-no in Sunberth. There are two factions. Those that want to see him killed and brought to justice and those that want to help him escape the city. The ending is entirely up to you as players. Simply put, those that put in the most work shape the story. I of course will be threading with you all as npc's and what ever else that may need my attention. It is open to any that wish to join. Simply shoot me a pm and I will give you the ok to start writing so we can have a set order. There is also a riot that is slowly starting in the city so keep that in mind as you post. I will routinely update things that are significantly happening as we go along. Pc's have the choice of either side though there are rules that MUST be followed. The maximum number of players are 4 you must be active throughout the entire thread. It is on a first come first serve basis. Once all the slots have been filled I will switch the tag to closed.

No Pc killing- Players may duke it out anyway that they feel, but there will be no pc killing unless an agreement has come between said players, and I will need to be notified beforehand of the killing. Minor injuries are acceptable being anything other than broken bones, severed limbs or fatal wounds. Anything other than that must be discussed before hand.
Last edited by Anarkhos on May 12th, 2016, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anarkhos
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 81
Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Reapings and rewards

Postby Anarkhos on May 12th, 2016, 8:33 pm

79th of Spring 516 A.V Sunberth

The sound of Gar's hoofs knocked against the cobblestone roads. Even though his lifelong companion couldn't speak actual words, he was sure that the horse was filled with just as much fear as he was. His heart was beating in his chest so loud that it made his ears deaf to any other sound around him. He didn't need to hear to know though. He knew that they were coming. Not many people lived long after being successfully accused. He knew that too, he knew what was to come if he stayed. He was a marked man. Blood still stained his pants where he tried to wash out the red liquid. His dagger hanging from his belt dripping the liquid behind him. A recap of what had happened replaying through his mind.

It was a simple trick. Nothing to raise the suspicion of being a mage. He was only showing off his merchandise to a curious buyer. He was a seller of exotic goods ranging from weapons to spices, from creatures to clothing, knickknacks and gadgets. All sorts of things to wow and amaze people that passed him by. He'd been doing this for years, his family longer as the business was passed down to the child that showed the most interest, and nothing bad has ever come upon them for their work. But now, on this day in this city of them all he is accused of being a mage. He kept repeating to himself that he had to do it, that it was the right thing to do, but his conscious wouldn't let him believe it.

He tried to shut the rambling man up. To assure him that he wasn't a mage but it was too late. Some had already caught word, ramming the dagger into the man's chest only added injury to insult. He had to close up his shop in a hurry only being able to take the few things that he and his staff could carry. They caught James as they were leaving. A small band of teenage boys in fact, kicking in the door and pulling the loyal servant away from the wagon. He could still hear his screams as they proceeded to beat him to death with bricks and wooden swords. They didn't even bother the store, they only pointed the wagon out and an even larger group came charging after them. He knew then that his life was truly in danger.

There were five of them when this started, six including James. Thanks the gods for Leir'os if it weren't for his imposing size and violent nature they wouldn't have made it this far. There were some that raised a hand in his defense only to be cut down by the growing mob or to flee with he. They had well enough left the group a good distance thanks to Gar, but they were too big, too easy to notice. He pulled the steed over into a secluded alleyway tying the horse to a beam and giving him a pat promising that he would return. Leir'os called to him urging him to hurry before the mob found them again. Placing the silk hood over his head he and the others that assisted him stepped out of the alleyway hopefully making their way to the city gates where freedom was closer than it was now.
User avatar
Anarkhos
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 81
Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Reapings and rewards

Postby Jaios Coglias on May 12th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Bang. Bang. Bang.

The sounds of the hammer fell onto the anvil as Jaios swung his hammer down onto the lump of metal forming the ugly little duckling into a wonder. It was a normal day in the life of the weaponsmith as he was trying to make ends meet in this city

Bang. Bang. Bang.

He kept the shop open whenever he worked on weapons or the random armor at times but that really meant weird hours as he did have random times where it would stay open late at night or be closed in the day. Was it the best way to run a shop? Odds are that answer was a solid no but Isurs were rather stubborn people and set in different ways.

He placed the lump of metal into the forge as he waited for it to heat up. Pushing and moving a bellow to pump air into the furnace as he made the fire event hotter to soften up the metal. It was just another normal day he thought as he took the metal out yet this time using his left arm to mold it by hand as his right held on with a pair of tongs. As an Isur he could use his arm to craft almost anything as few things in the world could hurt it. Even if he used it as a weapon he had almost the upper hand. Maybe that was why he found himself staying alive in this city?

As the lump slowly formed into a sword with his pulling and molding a customer came in. A young man maybe the age of sixteen or so. He was so bad at telling ages with humans as he saw the human just had messy brown hair and a large scar on his face.

Jaios just stopped his work and moved to the shop area of his little building and greeted the young man with a smile and nod. “Welcome to the shop. Anything I can get you mate?”

The young man just shook his head as if he was in shock. His words were a mess as he was breathing hard as if he ran to this area. “N-nnoo. M-m-maaa-ge was found. H-h-hury.”

He said with broken common, either due to out of breath, being scared or just a large stutter that he would not outgrow but before Jaios could say anything else the young man had left just as quickly.

Now this was not a normal day it would seem as it came to a thought in his head. Magic? In this city? While he was only here for a season or so he knew that magic and this city would never mix and come together. This city seemed to hate even the word of magic but from the bits of the history he understood a bit more why.

Yet he grew up around it. While he was not a mage himself he saw friends become mages but he knew that it was still not safe. It was like a human sticking their hand into a fire. While if they were quick they might not get burnt but down the road they would burn alive. Yet this placed him in a bad spot, to say the least.

Would he help get the so called mage out of the city? That could help him sleep better at night but that would mean fighting the city tooth and nail and that would not be good for him or his shop. After all, if the city turned on him his shop would not last either by burning down or worse.

A sigh left the Isurs lips as he knew he would have to side with the city. It was just business after all and he just did not have the coin to fight the city. Seemed this would not be a normal or a fun day after all. His shop would be fine as he moved to close up the furnace as the fire would die over time. Seemed he was not going to make the coin today but at least he would make sure no one would burn down his poor little shop.

While Jaios was not much of a fighter he could still handle his own standing at five feet and built like a wall by weighing around 200 or so pounds with his thick body. His green eyes were the same as his green left arm that looked like a priceless gem standing out on his body but that arm gave him a lot of different perks yet still in the end of the day he was a crafter, not a fighter. Yet it would seem fate would have him change that as he closed the door to the shop closing up for the day.

Seemed he would have to fight. Maybe he could still make coin at the end of the day as he took off to find further information. It would not be wise to attack a wild animal without having information first and the city was filled with so much information as he knew if a mage was around it would spread like a raging wildfire.
Jaios Coglias
Player
 
Posts: 20
Words: 15193
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2013, 8:16 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reapings and rewards

Postby Caela Dorin on May 13th, 2016, 10:25 pm

Image
.
Caela just hadn't been able to sit still at home. She found herself too agitated to sit around waiting until she had to go the Drunken Fish for work. She couldn't go to the that place to while a few bells like she could at the Pig's Foot. She was sick of that place, sick of the sailors and their lechery, their inability to keep their hands to themselves. She didn't like the atmosphere of the place, she didn't like what she had to put up with while she was there. What was worse in the dancer's eyes was that she couldn't just up and leave the place. It wasn't like when she went in there to wheedle some drinks out of men; for the moment she was stuck working there and couldn't just walk out when she felt like it. She couldn't wait until the Pig's Foot reopened and she swore she'd never complain about the place again. The clientele there were a lot more palatable and they had a better idea of manners than she would ever have thought.

For now, she'd settled for browsing the market, just for something to do. She had her dagger on her, of course but it wasn't just for show today. She had every intention of doing some training once she grew bored with surveying the marketplace, an outcome which seemed inevitable given her current mood. She was drawing looks of course, but there was nothing new about that. The blonde couldn't go anywhere without being ogled and at this stage, she was fully aware of that fact. Today she didn't care what eyes she drew, she just didn't have the patience to try to deter anyone. The young woman didn't have the will to try to use her looks to her advantage either. There was no need to manipulate anyone because she didn't want anything from anybody, not now. Only a casual eye was thrown over the wares on off, a cursory interest showed to the stalls and those who called to her as she passed by them. A lazy wave of her head was given as she refused those who were too insistent, quickly growing tired of the situation as she couldn't be left in peace. Caela decided that playing around with a blade was better than this and so she moved away from the Commons, pondering the best place to get some graft done. The Old Mill? Up near the baths?

The change in the streets drew her full attention back to what she was going on around her. You didn't live long in Sunberth if you couldn't tell when things had suddenly taken a turn for the worst. There were shouts rising from the Commons, people hurrying past and around her with one terrifying word on their lips: mage. It wasn't that Caela was frightened of mages--she'd never met one--or even scared of the idea of them, but she did understand that this would lead to a hunt and a killing if the poor bugger couldn't get away. It didn't matter whether the accused man was a real mage or not because he wouldn't have a hope of speaking in his defence before the mob cut him down. The dancer felt something spark in her, the pent-up energy taking a reckless turn. What if she found him first and helped get him out? She had a way of distracting people after all and her acting skills weren't half bad so perhaps she couldn't turn attention away from him so that he could escape. It seemed like just the way to occupy her time on a day like today and she felt like she needed the adventure. Surely, no one would suspect her of being a mage or being associated with one so why not do it? If it was a real mage then maybe there might be some value to helping him, something in it for her.

Her mind raced as she turned to head back to the market, intending to pick up on what leads she could and blend in with the crowd as they set off to stalk their victims. She hoped she'd have a chance to get ahead of the game, but if the going got tough, she could always save her own skin if needs be. She wanted to stay in one piece if she could help it after all.

The blonde moved with swift purpose, weaving a fast path back to the Commons so that she could see what all the screaming was about. A crowd had gathered near a particular spot and the young woman tried to push her way nearer to the front to see what was going on. She expected to see a main speaker or two but instead attention was focused on the ground. She manouevred her way a little bit further in until she got a better look at the scene. A man's body was sprawled on the ground, a blood pool around him. By the looks of things he'd been stabbed in the chest, globules of dark blood clinging to the wound where the heart blood had oozed out. The blood hadn't congealed yet but was still shiny and new. This was a fresh murder scene. Though now that she looked, she wasn't sure he was dead. Had she seen a flicker of movement in his chest? Was he still breathing? It didn't matter as people were already hurrying off in a particular direction, weapons in hand. The blonde's eyes lingered on the man's prone form for a few moments more before she followed the beginnings of the mob.
.
User avatar
Caela Dorin
Seductress
 
Posts: 436
Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reapings and rewards

Postby Anarkhos on May 15th, 2016, 1:13 am

Sweat trickled down his brow threatening to sting his eyes. The streets were filled with people seeing that this was the busiest time of day where activity was at it's highest within the city. There was so much noise that he couldn't tell if it were the normal chatter of the city or the mob closing the gap that he had set between them. He pushed his way through the crowd as he followed his guard and long time friend. He was sure that word had gotten this far by now if not making it's way here. Things spread fast in this city like a wildfire. He would need to use this time to get as close as he could to the outskirts of the city. It would be happy sailings once he got-

"Move!". The only word he'd clearly heard before being yanked by the Akalak that was his guard. "There he is!" He heard another voice shout. Petch they found him. It never surprised him how things went in Sunberth. The city was full of brutes and whores. Things like this actual happened often. The thing that did surprise him though was that he would be the person that this would happen to. Leir'os yanked him to the side into an alley that looked to be the start of a complex maze. His heart felt for his companion.

A slave stolen from his family as a child never to learn whom his people are nor where his culture originated from. Sold to a human who sold odd things for the sole purpose of protecting him and his wares. The Akalak was a skilled and natural fighter, yet in all the years of service he had never once attempted to run away from the ownership of the merchant. Even now as they were being hunted down, the giant stayed. If they made it out alive, he would have to take the man to Riverfall.

His legs were very much shorter than the Akalak's so he constantly tripped over his own feet trying to keep up, plus the things that he carried on his persons weighed him down and made it more difficult than it should have been to actually run. He looked behind him unable to see the crowd that pursued them but he could hear the roar that now filled the street behind them. "Kill the mage!" He heard them scream. But he wasn't a mage. He wanted to turn and face them, to tell them that he knew no knowledge of magic what so ever. It was just simple science is all. Was it his fault that some idiot was too stupid to understand a simple gadget?

A sharp pain shot through his foot and up his leg. A stumble turning into a fall that brought his knee unto the stony ground. The clatter and shattering sounds of metal and glass items crashing onto the ground. A shout in pain as he gripped his aching leg. "Come we must move!" Leir'os boomed over him. It took him a while to get back to his feet, the sound of the mob now closer than before. It was all the motivation needed to keep moving through the pain. It felt like Leir'os was trying to pull his arm out of it's socket, but he knew that he was moving too slow. Noise was all around them now. It was only a matter of time before-

They turned a corner only to face the mob, a small group armed with weapons of sorts with eyes set to kill. He felt his feet leave the ground as the Akalak picked him up and began running with him over his shoulder like a babe. The group naturally gave chase after them slowly but surely closing the gap. "We're not going to make it out of this together." Leir'os spoke. But before he could ask the man what he meant, he was quickly tossed back onto the ground watching as the warrior turned back to face those that chased them. The merchant was amazed at how the indigo colored man moved with such furry and rage against their attackers. And though it looked as if the Akalak would win, he knew that his fate would be sealed once the other caught up.

Not wasting time, he went to turn to try and run. To try and get as far as he could from the people. He needed to get to the city entrance. Turning a corner he ran into another large figure. A man standing tall with a discolored arm. His eyes green with one having a scar run under it. An unpleasant man he seemed to be. A part of him wanted to beg the man for mercy, for help. But the look in his eyes said otherwise.

A quick snap of the neck ended the life of the last thug. He was hurt but still alive at least. Now where did master run too? He turned in the direction that they were last headed in a light jog so he wouldn't miss a nook or cranny in his search. It wasn't long before he found his friend, cowering under a man that stood over him. Muscles in his legs reacted sending him forward in a roar. Arms stretched out he tackled the man ramming him against the wall pinning him down. His hand was injured from the earlier fight so he couldn't do any real damage, but he did have his size to which he could by a legitimate amount of time with. "Go master! run!" He shouted as more footsteps could be heard approaching in the distance. He watched as the man that he had served for so many years limp away as fast as he could. May the gods lead him to safety.
User avatar
Anarkhos
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 81
Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Reapings and rewards

Postby Jaios Coglias on May 17th, 2016, 5:10 am

Was it fate he would run into someone that was running for their life? He was not sure at first if this was the “mage” or not but with how he was acting out of fear it would seem he was. Even if it was not magic he still had to be dealt with. The city was making it’s mind up either way and it was not looking good. After all what was one life to keep things moving?

Yet before he could say or do anything he found him hit hard and tackled as a large person was pinning him to the wall. Jaios never had any combat history and that would have to change that by trail and fire it would seem.

Yet the question was how? He had no weapons on him which was foolish of him. He should have finished a weapon and took it with him. Yet he did have his magical arm that could be used as either a weapon or shield yet with how he was being pinned he could not use it and it was clear this person knew what he was doing.

He did not have time to worry or even think about the best way to handle this. He knew he was not going to die here and that is what mattered. Jaios would try different things to make the pin, the first was to lunch his head to the other person’s and try biting his face or nose even if it meant ripping it off with his teeth.

If that failed he would try to kick his knee caps as he still knew the bare basics of fighting and he would have to try to fight dirty to win. If he could get his left arm free he would try punching the man either on his sides where his ribs were or lower back to try to beat him down yet in the end it did not matter as long as he fought back.

Izurdin give him strength.
Jaios Coglias
Player
 
Posts: 20
Words: 15193
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2013, 8:16 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reapings and rewards

Postby Caela Dorin on May 17th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Image
.
The dancer was close behind those who her hot on the tail of the suspected mage. While they had something of a head start, they were driven with fear and blood lust, something which Caela considered would work to her advantage. Compared to them, she could approach the situation with a far clearer head, which meant--at least she hoped--that she could out think them and reach the quarry faster than they could. It was also a plus that she was on her own. While a crowd could theoretically clear a path for itself, it was just as likely that it could create obstacles. It also had to take wider streets than someone on their own did, or else they'd create a bottle neck. It was entirely possible that there were people who were just as aware as she was, which meant that she might not reach the man first but she might be one of the first.

If she was an accused mage in Sunberth then she would hightail it out of the city, head straight for the fastest route out. Given that the mob was taking a route that involved wider streets, she assumed the man had left on a wagon. Any tracks there might have been were well and truly obliterated by the many feet that had stampeded through this way. A wagon was big and noticeable so she didn't imagine that he'd have stayed with it for wrong, not if he had any sense. He could be dead at this stage but she was sure she would have seen some indication of it. Instead she took a more direct route than a wagon would have taken, weaving through a multitude of mucky side streets, murky alleyways and slipping between narrow gaps that were left between buildings. The blonde followed her path at a jog, trying to keep her breaths as measured as possible. She took in as much air as she could with each rapid breath and puffed it out. While her legs were strong enough for a prolonged run, let alone a jog, the rest of her body didn't have the same level of endurance. The woman pushed herself onward at a past pace, even when she could no longer jog, a hand on each of her obliques as she sicked in much needed air, looking for all the world as if she had her hands on her hips.

Caela kept her eyes open, looking for any sign of disturbance as she burned a trail across Sunberth, keeping an ear out for the shouting of the mob. She found herself followed with curious looks at first but the longer she travelled, the more fear and panic she began to encounter as word seemed to be spreading. Soon she wasn't alone and then she was overtaken by those who were well-armed and running to the sound of the commotion of a fight. The dancer followed, skidding to a halt as she saw the gigantic, indigo man barring the way ahead as he killed those between herself and him. Surely this wasn't the mage! No, she'd seen the merchant who'd had that stall and she certainly hadn't seen the Akalak. A guard perhaps? Or someone taking the man's side? Either way, Caela didn't want to meet him in a fight because she knew she'd be crushed. She just had to slip past his notice and maybe edge around him while he was distracted with the others who he was killing with shocking efficiency.

The blonde flattened herself against the nearest wall, cautiously edging along it, intending to creep behind the giant and run for it. She crept as fast as she dared, not wanting to move too fast unless he mistook her for a threat. Surely he'd see she was unarmed and had made no attempts of violence. However, as more and more of them fell dead, she found herself moving faster and then ducking in to a shadowy alley as the last of the group fell and the man ran past the alley's opening. She crept out after him and then ran after his pounding feet, keeping a safe distance in case she needed to duck out of sight. With his long legs, he soon outpaced her, even when the blonde attempted a sprint. She was left running back and forth, trying to work out where the strange coloured man had gone. She'd been sure that he would lead her to the mage.

A roar near at hand had the blonde moving in that direction. She moved with quick caution in case the Akalak was near at hand and sure enough she found him grappling with another man while another figure limped away rapidly. The woman moved fast, careful to avoid the fighting pair as she ran to catch up to the slower man. Catching up to him shouldn't be a problem and Caela had a plan to distract attention away from him. She doubted that she had long if the noise of running feet was anything to go by. Provided she ran in to no trouble, the woman knew exactly what she wanted to say to him and she knew it needed to be kept brief and low enough to only reach his ears.

"Take it you're the mage? If you wanna get out alive, I'm willing to help. We get you in to a small alley, we'll pretend I'm a whore and if we play it right, we might miss this lot coming up on you. Get too handsy and I'll kill you myself." The woman would burst open her blouse at the top, snapping some of the buttons in her haste to expose a great degree of her cleavage. She would beckon him to follow her a short distance and squeeze in to a narrow enough space. The blonde had no illusions that if this worked, it'd only be for a very short time. A mob might pass them by but she doubted it'd fool anyone, even if his face was buried in her cleavage and therefore out of sight. If he went with this act then he'd better be good at making it look believable, but if he made it too believable she would happily run her dagger in to him.
.
User avatar
Caela Dorin
Seductress
 
Posts: 436
Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reapings and rewards

Postby Anarkhos on May 17th, 2016, 11:21 pm

His master now a good distance away from the oncoming violence Leir'os could now put all his attention to the task at hand. "Leave master alone!" he shouted into the man's face, placing a hand onto the neck in an attempt to break it. It would have been a simple maneuver. A quick twist of the hand combined with a good amount of pressure would have done the discolored armed man in for sure. He would end the man's life and then play it off as if he were the mage and things would go back to normal. Master would live and could go back to his shop and thing would be alright. The man fought back of course, but the Akalak was bigger, stronger, more experienced. It was only a matter of time before-

The sound of footsteps passing by caught his attention. He turned to see a woman slipping by. A beautiful blonde haired woman slipping out from the shadows heading after master. Petch. How could he not have noticed. He went to turn after her before something heavy clocked him in his back. He turned to see the man that he was currently tussling with swinging his greenish arm using it as a weapon. Was this some form of magic? The irony could be smelled in the air. Lifting one arm up to defend, he pushed the man back up against the wall before landing a punch to the gut. "How can you be hunting a mage when your arm looks magical itself? Do you have no honor?" He asked before he felt teeth burrowing into his skin. He let out a cry now clenching his bleeding shoulder as the mob finally approached the two. "There's the Akalak! He was with the mage!"

Going behind his back he pulled his longswords each in hand. He swore that he would protect the merchant with his life and if the day was the day that he would fall upholding that promise then so be it. He charged at the crowd weapons raised ready to spill blood onto the streets of Sunberth. "Hey, come on. we can still catch the mage." A group of younger men approach the Isur. They were a group of mercenaries that frequented the taverns picking up work from anyone that had the coin. When word got out that there was a mage about they figured that it would be a great opportunity to finally put a name out for themselves. Kill the mage as a way to promote business. "Come on. Leave this guy for the mob. You seen that mage guy right? You know what he looks like. I got miza with your name on it if you can lead us to em." It was all about business. Make partnerships and agreements to get ahead of the competition.


He limped along forcing himself to leave the commotion and fighting behind. It was a cowardly thing to do yes he knew, but survival was the key. Leir'os wanted it this way, though it seemed the more he told himself that, the more it seemed like a lie. He paused for a moment debating if he should turn around and face the music like a real man would. It was his problem anyways, why was someone else fighting his battle? He went to turn before the words of an unexpected person caught his ear. They spoke low and quick as if they were in a crowd of people. Fear stricken he went for his dagger only to feel a soft hand stop his advance as a sweet melodic voice spoke.

"Take it you're the mage? If you wanna get out alive, I'm willing to help. We get you in to a small alley, we'll pretend I'm a whore and if we play it right, we might miss this lot coming up on you. Get too handsy and I'll kill you myself."

That was a way to introduce yourself, but he understood. He was a bit wary at first. This was Sunberth after all. The city of killers, thieves and liars especially. How did he know that she wasn't pretending to help him? That she wouldn't just lead him back to the angry mob that wanted his head on a spear? He only stood there for a moment debating his options. He could accept her help and possibly die, he could run away and possibly die. Hell he could've just stood there and possibly die.

Seeing that he didn't have many options and that she was already unbuttoning her blouse, he gave a nod in agreement as he went to follow her. If things looked to be not going in his favor he'd just kill her and run away. He fiddled with his daggers hilt. His hands shaking with fear and hesitation. Who was he kidding? He was as yellow belly as yellow gotten. Still though if she was truly here to help then thank the gods.

"I am not a mage, just a gadget maker too good as the skill apparently" He began to sob. And he proceeded to tell her the story. The tell-tale of the customer and the dagger even about James and Leir'os gods be with him. By the time he was done hot tears were streaming about his face. He went to follow before his injured leg gave out from under him. Rolling his pants leg back exposed a swollen kneecap as well as a bruised and damaged leg that was quickly changing into a purplish blue like color. The injury felt hot and was becoming very painful to walk on. More yelling could be heard from somewhere nearby. He looked to the woman who claimed to be assisting his escape with eyes of fear and worry. "Please help me."
User avatar
Anarkhos
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 81
Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Reapings and rewards

Postby Jaios Coglias on May 18th, 2016, 3:17 am

Somehow it would seem the gods would smile upon him. He felt the brush of death as the other person felt to killing him due to size and experience that Jaios just did not have.He vowed he would never let himself be this weak again.

Even after he got a punch in it did not seem to have much impact on the fight. Even with his magical arm he was born with he stood no chance it would seem. At least the city came to aid him. He would have to make a note to give a season discount during Summer if he made it out alive.

The wind was knocked out of him as the man landed a punch. Damn it all Jaios thought as felt like a bloody newborn kitten trying to attack something much larger. At last the mob came and he had a chance to get away. Would the mod be able to win? He doubted it but maybe they would make him more weak.

He joined the group as it would best to travel with a group now. The idea of just a coin made him laugh but it was beyond just the coin and more of a trade agreement down the road that they could build upon. Afterall if they got larger or more jobs he could have the buy more from him. It all worked out.

“I will try. Yet I will make you a deal.If that guard comes back and you bring me back his head I will give your group a special order request from my shop,The Burning Barge.”

Jaios said as he looked around. Trying to pick up where that mage went off to. Now it did not matter if he was a mage or not someone wa going to pay for making him feel so weak and useless. The request for the group would be worked out later but as an Isur he had different option that other smiths did not have. He was not sure if the city knew just what his race could do or not but the would learn.

Yet now he had to track down this random person and he did not catch where he went off to. He looked closely to the ground,trying track his footprints but it felt more useless as he did not know how to track or what to look for. Any signs of blood would be one thing but was he bleeding? He did seem hurt when he ran into him before.

“He could not have gone far. I think he is hurt. Maybe hiding neary.”

Jaios said as he looked about. Where would he go if he was the mage? He would look for help yet would someone help him? Otherwise Jaios would try to hide and take a back ally route. Either way he would help find him and get to the bottom of this one way or another as he started to look where that mage went.
Jaios Coglias
Player
 
Posts: 20
Words: 15193
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2013, 8:16 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reapings and rewards

Postby Caela Dorin on May 19th, 2016, 7:46 pm

Image
.
He'd reached for a dagger! Not that she could blame him of course. If she was being pursued by a bloodthirsty mob and there was no safe place to turn then she'd be ready to draw a dagger herself. The notion of him doing such a thing had never even occurred to her when she'd made her approach, but in retrospect it should have been something she'd thought of before. She'd been so concerned with forming a plan in her head that she hadn't considered that the other person involved might react in a way she couldn't predict. At the very least, she could have shown more caution or she might have ended up with a perforated gut and blood spilling out of her. The dancer had had a lucky escape, she realised as she tore at her blouse. Thankfully he seemed willing to go along with her plan but he'd paused to explain that he wasn't actually the mage he was suspected of being.

It was the admittance of what he really was that set the merchant off, blubbering his tale of misfortune as Caela looked on in horror. Did he not hear the running steps and the shouts so close at hand? Did he not know that the mob was closing in as he so foolishly spoke? It didn't matter how short he kept his story, the whole thing was too long as far as the blonde was concerned, each tick bringing imminent danger. If the mob stumbled upon them now then she'd have no choice but to kill him to save her own skin, but if they stumbled upon them when she was clearly helping him then she was as dead as he was. He'd had quite a large shock but could he not pull himself together sufficiently to move now and have a breakdown later? The woman resisted the urge to throw her eyes heavenwards in her impatience and she had to bite her tongue to stop herself from snapping at him. A sharp word might only make him worse and he was a wreck of a man as it was.

"I don't care if you're a mage or not, okay? I'm helping you anyway but you need to move. Now!" she hissed, reaching out to grab him and drag him in to a shady spot that looked like it would suit their needs. Before she had a chance to get hold of the sobbing man, his legs went out from under him as he dropped painfully to his knees. His leg, she corrected herself as he rolled back his trousers to reveal the bruised and swollen mess that his kneecap had become. Caela had chosen to aid a helpless man, so useless that he couldn't even walk by himself. His plea reminded her of the young children she'd sometimes seen begging on the streets, the ones too young to have learned how to rob or sell themselves. It was pathetic. She wasn't helping a man at all, he was too pathetic to be called such and if she had any sense she'd stick him with her dagger now and be done with it.

"For petch sake, if you get me killed..." she growled as she grabbed him roughly at the armpit to hoist him up. The young woman was not going to be gentle with him, not when speed was of the essence and her own life was on the line. If she helped him, he'd owe her. He was a merchant so he'd have plenty of money and that Akalak guard of his might turn up soon and if he found she'd stabbed his master he'd rip her head, quite literally.

The dancer would attempt to support him on the side of his injured knee, standing beside him there and slinging his arm around her shoulders. If he tried to lean on her too heavily then she wouldn't be able to support him and would stagger almost drunkenly under his weight. She would wrap one around his back and attempt to move him along as fast as he would go. While the woman had every intention of helping him get away, she kept her other hand resting on her dagger's hilt. If it came to it, her survival was paramount so if someone came along who wanted to kill this man and saw her aiding him then she would have to spill the merchant's guts. She could spin some story about not wanting him to fight back when she killed him and how she'd made him think she was there to help. Regardless, she would make sure that she lived, even if that meant committing murder. The woman had never killed someone to her knowledge but if it was for her own protection, she was certain she could do it when the time came, no matter how much the idea of it turned her stomach.

"Right, slight change of plan. We stick to the whore thing, but if we can we keep moving. So small alleys, no dead ends in case we have to move and the quietest route through the city I can find. I wish you stank of beer so I could pass you off as drunk. You don't have something to drink on you, do you? You could probably do with a swig of something before you chucked it on yourself anyway." Caela would keep her voice low so that she couldn't be overheard. She was well aware that the mob was closing in. She also wondered how the fight she'd slipped past had turned out and whether it would be friend or foe that came looking for them on that front.
.
User avatar
Caela Dorin
Seductress
 
Posts: 436
Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests