Syka Submissions - NPCs, Locations, Ideas, Etc

If you'd like to submit ideas for Syka, please post them here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Syka's Developmental Forum. Feel free to post any and all ideas within this forum.

Moderator: Gossamer

Syka Submissions - NPCs, Locations, Ideas, Etc

Postby Gossamer on May 18th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Please use this thread to post any and all Syka submissions. I'm open to ideas but please post them in the The Syka Discussion Thread. This thread is for your COMPLETED submissions, be they locations, concepts, or NPCs. Please be aware that any submissions might not be accepted as is and might require refinement or revision to fit the city theme. I'm glad to discuss why or why not and offer suggestions to make things that are unsuitable more suitable.

NPC Requests:

NPCs must make sense here. They can't be conjured out of thin air. They need a history and a why they are at Syka. We don't, for example, need a Blacksmith materializing out of thin air just because someone needs to buy some hinges. We'd rather have a player character step into that roll. However, there might be a need for an NPC on a very occasional basis so this submission thread is a way to get that done.

NPC Submission Format

Name:
Race:
DoB:
PoB:
Title:
Skills:
Gnosis:
Additional Info:

Info On NPC's Backstory Here

Code: Select all
[box=400,black,white,white][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=53947[/img2]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Race:[/b]
    [b]DoB:[/b]
    [b]PoB:[/b]
    [b]Title:[/b]
    [b]Skills:[/b]
    [b]Gnosis:[/b]
    [b]Additional Info:[/b]

Info On NPC's Backstory Here[/box]

Location Requests:

• Please let me know if a location is needed.
  • PCs creating homes and living areas for themselves must post their own locations (so they can alter them as they change) after they get approved in here first.

Location Submission Format

Code: Select all
[center]Title

Location Image[/center]

Location description...

[tabset=300][tab=NPCs,black,white][img2=left]HOTIE PIC[/img2]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]DoB:[/b]
[b]PoB:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Gnosis:[/b]

Info Forthcoming[/tab]
[tab=2nd Tab,black,white]Info Here[/tab][/tabset]

Quintet Submissions For The Syka Rangers

PCs can request a Quintet Assignment in this thread. PCs can include up to two NPCs not already in use for a Quintet and must assign themselves an unused color for their callsign.

Please list five slots and which PCs/NPCs are included in the Quintet and which one is the Doyen (leader).

Other Requests:

• Please let me know if any additions to Syka are needed.
  • If you need help with NPCs or Locations let me know. I'm glad to do them for you if you are seriously lost.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Syka Submissions - Locations, Ideas, Etc

Postby Crow on August 1st, 2016, 3:20 am

A present for the newly developed Syka. Great job with this location Gossamer.

Picture will probably need resizing
Secret :

Sango Poxin

Quick Facts: This bulbous fungous lives and breathes off of mysterious energies native to the area.

Height: Varies between 3/4" to unknown

Width: Relevance in size and circumference

Poison: This plant when penetrated will deflate and ooze a particularly thick amber substance. Some relate this substance to blood, but once inspecting the substance closer amber hues emanate from a sheen. The substance, thought to be poisonous in nature, is actually infused with Djed, as such those unfamiliar with how to handle this substance instantly feel the effects of overgiving, as it reacts negatively with any living forms Djed. Extreme precautions must be taken in trying to collect the substance. The substance, however, is quick to dissipate under exposure to air. If touched on flesh it will seep into the skin turning the affected area a bright red color.

Native to: Syka in rare areas, but always found in groups.

Locations: Treasure point, and other locations near the coast.

Appearance: A red bulbous fungous which seems to be living with the tides of water that flows through its open roots in the sand. It has cubicle like appendages which pulsate to something like a heartbeat, but much smoother. They retract and advance from the base of it's spherical and smooth body. It features a stem that strangely looks as if it could not hold the weight of it's spherical body, and it's roots never grow deep into the soil.

Lifespan and Development: During the germination cycle the Sango Poxin releases it's liquid between rocks where it is trapped and then grows others much like how spores would asexually reproduce. As the plant ages it grows larger and larger until a powerful wave crushes the delicate fungus. Not much is know of how large these fungi can grow.

Uses: Poison, and undiscovered uses.

Temperament: Very delicate.

Credit: Crow

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Postby Theo Popcampio on September 29th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Being reworked
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ko'Lara on September 3rd, 2017, 4:31 am

Just putting forth my submission of the five acres gifted to settlers, for location and camp mapping purposes.

Ko'Lara has chosen to settle pretty close to people that are already in Syka for the fact that she has no survivalist skills as of yet. This plot is between, 4- The Tidepool Bar and 5- The Panacea, on the linkmap.

Ko's camp is five acres starting at the beach and heading into the forest, for the most part she's kind of marked the edges out in somewhat of a square.

Ko's Camp :

Last edited by Ko'Lara on September 3rd, 2017, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Words: 9993
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2017, 5:01 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Gossamer on September 3rd, 2017, 4:54 am

You need to host on Mizahar. You might see your camp image but we can't see it. Your image says "Please update your Account to enable third party hosting." So we have no idea what it looks like.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ko'Lara on September 3rd, 2017, 4:58 am

Oh no. How do I host on Mizahar for images? The BBcode page had everythign coming from photobucket, so I thought that was a thing. I had noticed the images weren't showing up on that page.

Um, this particular post can be deleted after I correct the image issue.

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Nya Winters on September 3rd, 2017, 5:01 am

Up at the top of each page is a drop down menu set and a bunch of buttons. Click on GALLERY and then click on upload... once the image is uploaded, it will give you a bunch of links to use in the forum. :)
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Ko'Lara on September 3rd, 2017, 5:09 am

Nya Winters wrote:Up at the top of each page is a drop down menu set and a bunch of buttons. Click on GALLERY and then click on upload... once the image is uploaded, it will give you a bunch of links to use in the forum. :)

Thanks a bunch! That's so much easier than using photobucket.

The image should work now.
Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Ashka on September 10th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Ashka's plot of land starts at a part of the beach between the Community Pool and the Mercantile and runs back from there into the jungle where there are patches of several different fibre-producing plants. A small stream of freshwater runs across the land and disappears in the direction of the Pool. It is too small to fish for more than minnows and crayfish, but it easily provides Ashka and her sister with water for drinking and cooking.

Her outrigger canoe is pulled up on the beach, and she uses it in part for storage as well as transport. Her living space consists of a 4-person tent with any of their belongings that don't fit in the canoe crammed in around them. The tent has been pitched on the jungle side of the line where the beach turns into solid land. Further along that line stands the beginnings of a solid house - as yet no more than a raised floor in a bamboo frame and a tarp stretched over the top of the frame to provide some shade. A pit used for soaking fibre in preperation for processing it into thread has been dug to the right of the house. The only furnishings are a pair of bed rolls, Ashka's portable loom, and a firepit dug into the beach. The two girls tend to spend most of their waking time on the beach, as if it was the deck of a ship and the tent was their sleeping cabin.

Common, Pavi, Fratava
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2017, 7:48 pm

Ko- If you write something up that's a bit formal I will approve it for you to post.

Ashka - Feel free to post your Acres! I made you a fancy title. You are in no way obligated to use it. I just thought you needed one to match the bottom beauty on your frame.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next