Stranger Danger (Cosimia)

The 26th of Summer 516av

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Tail on June 25th, 2016, 2:49 pm

The Streets of Alvadas

It was warm, little winds knipped throughout the soft blue sky as people in Alvadas and perhaps the rest of Mizahar walked the earth. Tail was one of those walking... Beings. He stood at a intriguing three inches. His clay body in a form if a half fox like and half human like figure. What he doesn't know, is Ionu. He yearned so desperately to figure out who she was and what she can do. Though, what he was planning to do was to try and find someone who'd give him enough coin to live off of during the summer here in Alvadas.

What was his purpose in life one may ask? For he, Tail, does not know of get. What will he do when he gets older? Will he discover his true self by that time, or would he have to wait? He has spent his time out in the wilds fairly long. He hasn't been so sure of what to make of his official form yet.

It was difficult.

Clay feet were tapping against the stones that were pronounced as a single street. He avoided tall legs as best he could; though his sides would usually get knicked by some walking carelessly and not bothering to look where he was going. Soon though, Tail had grown annoyed and decided to take a right turn. Rounding a corner that housed people's homes and maybe he'd seen a bakery, but wasn't so sure. He was confused more than anxious. He didn't really have a set destination in mind for today. All he needed was a place off these streets.

But as Tail rounded the corner. He speculated something fairly odd. This Street was merely empty. The houses in either side of him shimmered as if they were riplles in a lake firm stone skipping. Like a watery mirror with waves. "Odd..." Tail turned his little body backwards to face the once busy street he'd been within before. It was now empty. A floating glass mirror that didn't even reflect Tail had been spawned.

Tail figured this was some sort of Illusion, or was he just going crazy? Why were their no one crossing through that mirror? What on Mizahar is going on? Then Tail looked the other way, their was a person in that other mirror across the street. A female. She looked terrified and she thrashed through the glass. Was this really some sort of Illusion? Then, the figure simply strolled through the mirror that rippled about. Only, the person looked fairly different now. "What, on Mizahar have I gotten myself into?" Said Tai to himself. He didn't want to ask this 'person' anything not even how to come out of this illusion. He was slightly scared though and he was quite unsure of what he was doing here.

All he wanted was to get out.

"Speech"
"It's not where the journey takes you. It's where you take the journey."

Secret :
Credits to Avatar go to Nivel.
Tail
Player

Words: 81228
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 12:49 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lrel on June 26th, 2016, 1:58 am

As much as Cosimia had come to love Ionu, she still did not like him. He was a horrible trickster, and it felt to her as though he enjoyed watching her run about in confusion especially well. She had always had a problem with finding places, ever since she had arrived in Alvadas, and it was invariably worse when she had someplace to be.

Such as today, for example.

She was searching for a garden or pond of some sort where she could sit and praise Leth in meditation, but the city was having no part of that. Instead, she was thrown down every last alley, every endless loop, every dead end. This was made worse by the fact that she was dragging her candles, crystals, besom, horn, and ritual wine with her. Usually, if she walked long enough, she would find her way, but today, it almost felt as though she were really and truly lost.

She turned down yet another corner, flipping her head to keep the long strawberry-blonde hair out of her face. This path, like countless others, appeared to her eyes as endless, spreading as far as the eye could see. Her time in Alvadas had taught her better, so she walked down the path, waiting for the materialization of yet another corner. What she found, though, was not another corner at all. She passed through the tell-tale rippling sheet of an illusion, only to find herself in a dead end. She turned around, searching for the way she had come out of habit, but of course it had gone. Instead, she was left in a dead end, with nothing to do.

Resigning to her fate, Cosimia sat herself down on the pavement, letting all her materials fall to the ground gently. She pushed most everything behind her except for the besom, and began to prepare herself for worship. An alley's dead end was as good as any place, she supposed. The besom swept across the ground, the girl imagining it sweeping away not only dirt, but negative energy. Once finished, she twisted around to reach for the rest of her things, but was caught by surprise when a soft sound came from one of the corners; there was a voice that, as far as she could tell, belonged to no one.

Cosimia sighed, rolling her eyes at Ionu's attempt to scare her. But then, she caught sight of the tiny beast, and felt a small dab of fear creep in. It was minuscule- no taller than her palm- and hardly looked alive. It was made of some kind of mud, or clay, and its softly molded features appeared carved in. Cosimia moved slightly closer, staring intently. From a closer position, she could see it moving, just a bit, and that's when she became really afraid.

She jumped back, her eyes wide, and grabbed for some form of protection. She found only the horn in which she normally held her wine. Comforted by the small but of protection it offered, Cosimia held the horn out with the sharp end facing away from her.

"I will not hesitate to use this," She warned, "If you try anything. Now, what are you? And why in Leth's name are you back here?"
Lrel
Player

Words: 20713
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2015, 8:17 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Tail on June 27th, 2016, 3:56 am

Tail watched as the girl he'd seen Traverse through the mirror. "What in the petch. . ." Cursed Tail under his breath as he watched. Just before that mirror showed her thrashing and attacking it. Then, she comes out to threaten him? What was going on here in this city? Why was it playing tricks on him? What was going on. . .

Tail continued to ponder this, even as Cosimia held out some sort of religious stuck out in self defense. "Calm my friend. It is I Tail. I'm only a Pycon, you've heard of us yes? And my reason of being here. . . is simple. I am lost. Just as you seem to be yourself." Tail kept his words at a calmned demenur. Be didn't want to frighten this girl to leave. He needed to know how to avoid these, situations.

What was really going on? Once he was in a busy street full of pilgrims and Alvads. Then the next moment, he took a wrong turn and ended up. . . here. In this empty street. Well, it wasn't so empty now. As a female came along. He wondered why she was preparing things out here. "What were you to be doing here? You seem just as lost as me. . ." Tail didn't bother to move. He figured that if he moved closer, he'll probably scare her off.

"All we both need now, is a way out. Can you help me? I'm a bit. . . new."

"Speech"

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lrel on July 2nd, 2016, 1:55 am

Cosimia let the horn drop to her side, a confused frown crossing her face. A Pycon...named Tail?

Cosimia had heard of Pycons, of course. The little clay beings were something she had admired when younger, and almost thought to keep as a pet. She had been set right, of course, by her parents, who scolded her and told her that Pycons were sentient (Meaning "not to be kept as pets"), but she had always held onto the idea a little in secret. For all she had thought about her Pycon pet, she had never imagined them as feeling emotions, really. And here this one was, clearly frightened, and very lost. Cosimia felt a pang of regret in her stomach for her past ideas, and made a mental note to do some research on Pycons.

In the mean time, though, she had a real, live Pycon to deal with. As he admitted that he was new to the town, Cosimia felt another surge of empathy for Tail. She knew how it felt to be new to the town, just as well as she knew how it felt to be lost to Alvadas' streets. His request for help was the last straw that broke away her defensive wall.

"Oh, dear." She cooed, "I am sorry. Please forgive my manners. You frightened me, and I completely forgot myself." Cosimia knelt down onto the ground, hoping to come at least somewhat level with Tail. "I am rather new here as well, but I do know that these illusions will pass once Ionu has had his fun- or fulfilled his wishes. It may be that Ionu wanted us to meet, and that he threw us together on purpose. For whatever reason, we are both here, so I suppose we should get acquainted. I am Cosimia, daughter of Leth. I was just preparing to give praise to Leth, in fact, when I stumbled upon this place."

She smiled gently, hoping to convince the Pycon that she was not as scary as originally appeared. "Where were you headed, my friend? If it is to a job, I promise they will not grow angry. Alvadas runs on a rather fluid schedule."
Lrel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Tail on July 5th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Tail watched as Cosimia relented, she lowered the stick thingy down and rested it by her side. Tail observed her visage with curiosity. Her own look was one of curiosity as well, from what the little Pycon had seen. Though, he could be wrong.

Alvadas: it's such a strange place. Even stranger than Lhavit. Tail couldn't figure it out, with the illusions and all. To what extent does Ionu have to manipulating her city and to delay the destination of where others are going. He, appears to be some sort of challenge if one would ever want to befriend the God of Illusions. Would Tail. . . want to befriend this God?

"I am sorry. Please forgive my manners. You frightened me, and I completely forgot myself." She said in an apologetic tone, the little Pycon crept towards her with caution.

"Oh, it's alright. . . It wasn't a problem. Really. I am just lost. It's not hard to loose yourself. Even here..." Said Tail with a cordial nod. He didn't want to express any means of possible harm to the girl. If she knows how to get out of here, she'll basically be his only hope.

Post by Cosimia on July 2nd, 2016, 1:55 am

Cosimia let the horn drop to her side, a confused frown crossing her face. A Pycon...named Tail?

Cosimia had heard of Pycons, of course. The little clay beings were something she had admired when younger, and almost thought to keep as a pet. She had been set right, of course, by her parents, who scolded her and told her that Pycons were sentient (Meaning "not to be kept as pets"), but she had always held onto the idea a little in secret. For all she had thought about her Pycon pet, she had never imagined them as feeling emotions, really. And here this one was, clearly frightened, and very lost. Cosimia felt a pang of regret in her stomach for her past ideas, and made a mental note to do some research on Pycons.

In the mean time, though, she had a real, live Pycon to deal with. As he admitted that he was new to the town, Cosimia felt another surge of empathy for Tail. She knew how it felt to be new to the town, just as well as she knew how it felt to be lost to Alvadas' streets. His request for help was the last straw that broke away her defensive wall.

"I am rather new here as well, but I do know that these illusions will pass once Ionu has had his fun- or fulfilled his wishes. It may be that Ionu wanted us to meet, and that he threw us together on purpose. For whatever reason, we are both here, so I suppose we should get acquainted. I am Cosimia, daughter of Leth. I was just preparing to give praise to Leth, in fact, when I stumbled upon this place." She said in a low volume. Tail nodded. He listened carefully as he stopped. His ears perked and he sighed.

"Leth? Another Goddess? Perhaps I should introduce myself formally as well, I'm Tail son of Daisy and son of Claw. The three of us are all children from the God, Harameus." He gave extra emphasis on Harameus to ensure that that is who he believes to be his creator. He hoped that Cosimia understood. After all, she claims to be the daughter of Leth.

"Where were you headed, my friend? If it is to a job, I promise they will not grow angry. Alvadas runs on a rather fluid schedule."

"Oh, um. . ." His words trailed as he thought of where he was planning on heading. Some sort of residency, correct? He can't really remember even though he should've, he can't really. "I was hoping to look for a place to stay? Residency. . ."

"Speech"

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lrel on July 11th, 2016, 7:07 pm

Cosimia could hardly hold back her laughter as Tail talked. He was rather cute, and a funny little creature, with his strange shape and foreign Gods. Gathering her things and tossing them one by one into her backpack, Cosimia listened intently.

"I know where a residency might be. I will lead you there, to the apartments where I live, if you'd like. You can even come in for tea, or cookies. But I would like to know some things about you, in exchange. For example, Harameus? Now, I had no idea Pycons were of a God, nor did I know that Harameus existed at all. What does he rule over? And how did you learn of him?"

Then, after a tick's thought, she added "Perhaps you can explain while we walk? We should be able to make it out of here soon enough, if we just start walking this way."

Cosimia gestured in the direction she had come, where the air wwas once again shimmering ever-so faintly. She knew that, even if it took them awhile to get to it, once they reached the exit they would find their way. After all, it seemed Ionu had had his fun with her scare.

She took a few steps, throwing the pack over her shoulder, before realizing that Tail's short legs may be a problem. She had no idea if it was offensive or not, but she felt it important to extend the offer. "Are you going to need a...a ride?"
Lrel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Tail on August 16th, 2016, 3:22 pm

"Certainly, I can definitely explain anything. Well, mostly anything." Replied Tail cordially. The Pycon walked up to Cosimia with a very curious expression. He was unsure of this woman. Had he met someone like her before, he wouldn't know how to conversate with her. Though, this lady is definitely something different and whether or not Tail could understand he still has to know how this, Cosimia behaves.

Throughout his two years of existence, Tail had wanted to learn more of how Humans can benefit the world of Mizahar. He's not much of a scientist by any means, but he does get a lot of kononudrums when it comes to a human life form. After all, Tail was still so surprised by how their bodies function and what's it like to have opposable thumbs. Tail loved the idea of opposable thumbs, he just didn't know why. It was something that he enjoyed speculating. He felt a little odd now that he's been thinking of all of this. After all, she is just another being, just like Tail.

"Yes I would like... A ride." It felt weirder to just say the word to ride. He felt a little awkward riding humans, because it reminds him of a human riding a horse. Or something like that right. It sort of felt that Tail wad in control at this moment, but he knows that he shouldn't ever take advantage of these small things that people do.

"So your curious about Harameus huh?" Asks Tail in his usual low and monotone voice. "It's simple." He paused. "Harameus is the God of Alchemy." He spoke with pride while he informed Cosimia. He was unsure to be prideful that he was talking about Harameus, or that he should be prideful that Cosimia was interested in Harameus. Well, she did admit that she hadn't heard of thst particular God. So he'll might just explain anyways.

"There are theories..." He started slowly and more likely seriously. "That Harameus managed to create us. Our race. Pycons." Tail admitted. But, his mood shifted as he mentions the other theory, "but..." He pauses as Cosimia continues to walk along. "There's another theory. A theory in which I don't particularly favor." Tail admitted to the lady. "They say that a man named Rupert Pycon, had discovered a way to create Pycons through his use of Alchemy." Said Tail looking up to the lady.

"Rupert Pycon created Pycons to turn against the Suvan. Now, I don't know really anything about that so i can't help you there. But, in my opinion... I believe that Harameus had really created us through his use of Alchemy. As he was the God of Alchemy of course." Tail pauses, allowing for Cosimia to continue on with what she wants to discuss about.

"Speech"

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets