[Flashback] "Investments" (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shakaar on December 30th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Shakaar
35th of Summer 507AV

Shakaar shifted uneasily as he stood in a room behind the stands. It was a bare and lifeless room. There was a desk and a single chair, that was all. The walls were of earth and were barren of any furnishing or decor, they were as lifeless as the loosing combatants of the pits. For the 50th time that morning he asked himself why he had come, his answer was the same. He had come because he must come. He followed orders. That was his whole life, and his entire life depended on his prompt obedience.

The sharp sound of an iron clad foot on crisp dirt awoke him from his meanderings. He instantly went to his knees, for the one who he had been waiting for had come. The Pit-Bull had made his arrival.

A half hour later

"Do you understand what I'm getting at man?" the Pit-Bull did not give speeches nicely. "I'm not absolutely certain I do sir..." Shakaar unwillingly answered. "Listen carefully this time idiot... You are one of very few people that the pit actually owns. We mostly deal with people who we owe nothing to. However we spent good money on you, and we don't want to lose it see? So in response to that I'm going to start giving you a stronger fighting edge."

"What do you mean by an edge? Are you going to train me?" Shakaars hopes started rising.

"Well you might call it training... This is how my master taught me brawling." With this vague statement the Bull gave a laugh and called a servant forward. "You see the art of brawling is more about taking a hit in the beginning, then giving a hit. So this exercise will teach you how to most efficiently take a hit. Trust me... you'll learn fast"

When he turned back around Shakaar saw something that made his heart freeze. His trainer was holding a whipping rod....

"Turn around" was the last words Shakaar heard.
He stood there taking blows to the back for at least 15 minutes. He felt the flesh of his back ripping under the rod. When it finally stopped, relief melted over his broken body.

"Face me..." Shakaar mechanically turned to face the torture, all relief turning to dread. For another 20 minutes he was beaten to a pulp by the bare hands of the bull. But before the punishment was over Shakaar saw black and could no longer hold himself. He fell to the ground in a heap of blood.
Last edited by Shakaar on December 31st, 2010, 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on December 30th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Shakaar
36th of Summer 507AV

"Now yesterday you failed me.... I don't want you to repeat that. Nothing of mine shall be weak. Do you hear me Nothing! I have taken time out of my day to come here and give you training. You will learn to not only appreciate, but to look forward to our meetings. Do. You. Understand me!"

"Yes" was all that Shakaar could manage.

"Good... Today we will see what you can manage. Let us spar."

Shakaar could hardly believe his ears. He was supposed to spar! He was half dead and could barely walk. But this was his command and he must obey.

So with a growl of desperation Shakaar fell across the room and wildly attacked the Bull. With a sidestep his opponent easily evaded him, but added a hard push to his movement. Which sent Shakaar head first into the earthen wall. "Come on man, you'll have to do better than that." was the mocking reply that reached his ears.

When he finally managed to stand Shakaar slowly moved his way towards the Bull. Breathing heavily and bleeding from his many broken scabs he lumbered across the room. When he got near enough for a blow, he struck out first with his right, then with his left. The Bull merely batted them aside and then with a blow that would have crippled a young cow, he smashed his fist into Shakaar's abdomen. Sending him sprawling onto the floor.

"Bring him back tomorrow... He must learn to ignore pain, or he will never survive."
Last edited by Shakaar on December 31st, 2010, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on December 30th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Shakaar
37th of Summer 507AV

The Morning

Shakaar woke with a headache that made his whole body feel like it was being shattered into a million pieces. He could think of nothing but the pain. But he forced himself to rise and to walk to a water basin. He lumbered across the room, splitting open barely closing wounds as he did so. When he finally reached the water bucket he thrust his head deep into the icy water. He felt his head begin to relax. It was a trick he had mastered quickly after arriving in the pits. Water soothes an aching head.

He soon began to work on his wounds. They needed to be dressed, and it needed to be done quickly. For now that the headache had receded slightly, he remembered that he had another training session today...

Shakaar had one or two shirts from deceased opponents that he had kept and washed for this very purpose. So he took on of them and started ripping out long strips of cloth. He then proceeded to soak them in water and then bind up his wounds. His back was covered in large splits die to the whipping two days earlier. So he covered those first. Crossing the strips in a "x" like pattern. Coming across the chest and the back and tucking into each other for stability.

After he had covered most of the wounds he went to the corner of his room and meditated upon the coming trial. He started to prepare his mind for the coming pain. After about an hour of this meditation he heard a mocking voice call out. "Come on you blueskinned bastard, you and the master have a lunch date"
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on December 30th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Shakaar
37th of Summer 507AV

The Afternoon

As he walked through the system of tunnels, following a servant of the Bull. Shakaar prepared himself mentally for whatever torture might come his way. He tried to think up what would be done to him today. However his mind only ran in circles so he soon gave up trying to predict, and just settled into acceptance of his fate.

When the two men finally reached the room that Shakaar was told to enter. The servant stepped to the side and motioned for the Akalak to enter alone. What Shakaar saw unnerved him more than a rod or blade would have. The Pit-Bull was sitting at his desk, arms folded calmly across his chest. The only other furnishing in the room was a large square rock. It was roughly cut so the edges and sides were far from smooth, but it still held a square shape.

His master motioned for him to sit down. So Shakaar took a seat on the rock, which stood about four feet from top to the bottom. The Bull nodded to him and then spoke. "So I see that you have at least seen to your wounds. I'm glad, I wouldn't want to see property of mine needlessly damaged. To show my gratitude to your initiative I will not be beating you today...." he let the final words echo in the drab room before continuing. "Do not let this make you think that you are not training today. Oh god no, You will train today, and you will train hard. But I shall not be your trainer, the rock shall." With this he let out a hint of a smile and then continued. "Yes, I had this rock specially cut and brought here for you. You shall learn to ignore pain, and to push through all obstacles. Now you shall strike this rock as hard as you can, for as long as I tell you to do so. Do not slack, and do not stop. Understand?"

"Yes"

Shakaar did not waste his breath on protests that would fall on deaf ears. He merely obeyed.

Standing next to the large block of stone he started to punch it. Hard and fast his blows fell, his very bones jarring with the impact. Blood began to stain the face of the rock, and he let out a sharp cry of pain. But he did not stop, there would be much worse pain for him if he did so.

The Bull watched, not making a move to help or hinder the Akalak. When he saw that his student was about to break his hands he ordered a switch of attack. He ordered the Akalak to kick the stone.

After three hours of constant beating he called a halt. "You may retire. We shall take this up again at a later date."

--END--
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Mastermind on January 3rd, 2011, 8:28 am

AWARDS

Shakaar

Skills
Brawling +2, Medicine +1, Unarmed Combat +1, Bodybuilding +1

Lores
Pain as a Method of Training
Taking a Hit
Embracing Pain
Conditioning the Hands

Notes
Taking a hit is part of fighting, but just getting beat up doesn't necesarrily always help, nor does it always toughen the recipient. As such, I could only award one point for all the "ass-kickery" the Pit Bull laid on Shakaar. I gave one in bodybuilding, because intense strike training builds muscle.
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)