Closed Double Edged.

Alex is once again outsourced to another kngiht for training by ser grey heart however he meets someone with an odd peculiarity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Double Edged.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on August 1st, 2016, 6:06 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Success after success, at least that’s what he thought. The collision of the shield into the blade had done the opposite of what he’d hoped. He prayed that the strike of the shield would hit the blade hard enough to either bend it or completely snap it at least from the point of impact. Instead it had jet propelled it towards Saga’s hands. If he’d aimed higher perhaps it would have leapt completely out of the ground and provided a third strike he’d have to dodge.

Sagas blade snapped up to meet his won with a resounding clatter, the harder steel of Alex’s bastard sword biting into the now apparent softer Iron of Saga’s blade. However his last ditch effort was countered with a surprising almost belying swiftness. The shunt of his bastard sword away and the impact with his dagger was one that seemed almost too quick. The parry caused him to drop to a knee in front of saga. Admittedly Alex had never attempted to use two weapons at once before. But in this instance he was almost certain he’d made the right call. As the blade now stood between them Alex glanced down with the blade a foot away from his chest. Weighing up his options for an attack.

“Dead.”

The word hung in the air for a moment like a pallor upon a space. Listening to Sagas words Alex exhaled slowly, parsing the words calmly. Fire instead of earth? That couldn’t have been a worse thing for Saga to have tried. Perhaps that was what the rocks were supposed to implicate? Either way the steel that coated him would have blocked the majority of the damage for long enough for him to land the hit. However had it been fire he wouldn’t have abandoned the shield for lightened load and the speed. As Saga finished though Alex smiled. One of practised politeness that he’d used a few times before. Hiding the feelings of a robbed victory. The squire who hadn’t spoken a word throughout the exchange finally parted his lips and spoke.

“I wouldn’t say too much about the blade being my domain. I only really picked one up two seasons ago. That last tactic was a first try.” Alex calculated his position. The need to impress now gone instead replaced with a much simpler instilled need. The need to live. “Also Ser Otor. I wouldn’t count me out just yet. I learnt from a much smaller squire that once one underestimates their opponent is when one loses their advantage.” Alex slid the dagger in his left hand across the ground hoping to use the situation to distract Saga just long enough for his bastard sword to come up off of the ground and knock the blade away in time for him to stand up and backway to the point where his superior range could hold his opponent at bay. His own sword extended to full arm’s length.

“You’re right Ser Otor. Magic isn’t my area of expertise. It’s Archery. As such I’m very good with distances. I also take one of Ser Greyhearts tenants to heart. ‘Learn all you can’. I attacked relentlessly to learn how much toll your magic took on you. I took wide swings to gauge your reaction timings. I may have been at a position of disadvantage but the moment you didn’t disarm me you made your first mistake.” Alex’s smile now faded into a softer one of genuine nature.as he lowered his own blade. Using the tip he dragged his dagger back to his side.

With an open handed display Alex slid the bastard sword back into its sheath whilst crouching down to pick up his dagger. “I must admit I miscalculated a little. I didn’t expect those rocks to be quite that hard I’m going to have a lot of bruises tomorrow. And I didn’t hit your sword at the right spot, if I had it would have snapped out of the ground and attacked you too. I accept your verdict however.”

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Double Edged.

Postby Saga on August 1st, 2016, 7:30 pm

A curious expression sprang on Saga's face as his training partner smacked his Katana away and backed away sword outstretched pointing to him."You weren't underestimated I say. Only this was a practice bout, and our use of real swords can limit the techniques we can use. This was a test to see how you react to some magic attacks. And you did well. "

"Just two seasons ago? Well your a natural then. Better than me I'll say. The magic did take a toll, it taxed me. One of our weaknesses is doing to much beyond our scope. Its also very dangerous, some might overgive and those situations aren't easy to predict."

"Mistakes will be made that's why we train, even Knights. You've allowed me to see some new moves and things I should be more weary about as well next time." Saga held out his hand for Alex. "Hopefully you picked up a few tips how to deal with some Paladin's in the future."

"Until next time Squire Alexander."
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Double Edged.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on August 2nd, 2016, 2:32 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

“I accept that It’s why I haven’t pressed on.” Alex spoke with a calm tone sighing lightly scooping up his shield and strapping it back to his arm. Saga was right in a few respects. At least in Alex’s mind. The use of live blades did limit what they were capable of. After all Alex never wanted to intentionally inflict lasting or serious wounds on his fellow knights yet most seemed to have no qualms about doing it to him. As far as Saga’s second comments went Alex shook his head.

“What works on one person may not work on another but the basic truths stay constant. As for being a natural… Not so much. I don’t have any talent with the thing, I’ve just been working from dawn till night at it every time I get a free day. No amount of innate talent will ever make up for someone who trains until they physically cannot move their arms.” Alex glanced off into the distance, half to make a point and half to see if he could find the blade he’d thrown. He spotted it after a few moments of scanning jutting out between two stones in the ground. Though Alex’s forte was being particularly unconventional even when it didn’t fully work. It was still good for him to know a new trick as well as potentially inform someone else. “I have Ser Otor. And hopefully we’ll meet again soon.”

Alex gripped Saga’s hand with a firm shake he stepped past him moving to grasp the blade on the ground. Hopefully the next time they met he wouldn’t be just a squire he’d be a fully-fledged knight. Hopefully. Either way though he’d learnt one thing in particular. Magic was only as dangerous as the person using. Something that versatile would potentially be good for him to have in his arsenal as well.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Double Edged.

Postby Dove Brown on December 21st, 2016, 5:11 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Alexander Faircroft
Skills
  • Auristics 2
  • Strategy 2
  • Weapon: Shield 3
  • Weapon: Bastard Sword 4
  • Subterfuge 1
  • Weapon: Dagger 2
  • Endurance 1
  • Tactics 1
Lores
  • Ser Otor: a mage-knight
  • Ser Otor: white-haired
  • Blades can deflect as well as attack
  • Live blades limit moves in practice fights
Miscellaneous
  • Shield Points +5 (training)

Saga
Skills
  • Observation 1
  • Reimancy 2
  • Teaching 3
  • Tactics 2
  • Weapon: Katana 2
  • Strategy 1
Lores
  • Alexander Faircroft: a squire
  • Reimancy: Rock Fist
  • Alex Faircroft: a natural
  • Always keep up the pressure
  • Live blades limit moves in practice fights
Miscellaneous
  • Shield Points +5 (training), +2 (training another knight's squire)

Comments: Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous