I Wonder How They Have The Power To Shine (Marina)

Marina meets Captian James and gets her introduction to Syka.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

I Wonder How They Have The Power To Shine (Marina)

Postby Gossamer on September 11th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Timestamp: Early Fall 516 AV

The little girl laughed even as the older man's hands slid through her faint form failing to tickle her. She laughed as if he'd struck the right place she loved getting tickled and threw her arms around him, manifesting enough to hug him before fading to nearly nothing again as she settled. "Do you like it here?" She asked him and the man nodded.

"It's a new place, Veronica. It's a new start. There's a reason we are here, even if we don't know why. Mathias was told to come by one of the Konti advisors in Syliras where we were calling it home temporarily." He reminded her. She knew the story. She'd been with him at the time Mathias has proposed the venture to him and Randal. "We just don't know why. She said it was important we come and establish a settlement. She didn't say way. And besides, I like it. The weather is warm, food is all around us, and frankly the living isn't hard. I've barely worn shoes since I've been here, and I can see how much you like it as well... even if there aren't any other ghosts here so far." He added, glancing towards the jungle.

The ruins he knew were there because him and Mathias had discovered them together might very well hold ghosts. And if they did, in time he'd introduce Veronica to them if he felt it was safe. It might be the only way they could learn more about the why of the dead city sprawled all about them. So far they didn't even know its name.

"But for now, Veronica, until we know more about Syka, I hope you'll stick close. The beach, the mercantile, and even the waters off shore. I just don't want you going into the jungle alone yet... not forever... just for now." He added.

The ghostly child started to protest. "But Papa... I've never even seen another ghost here. None at all.... not even..." She said, sweeping her arms around her and suddenly stopping. Even though she was long dead, the expression on her face was priceless.

Shock pure shock.

Veronica's dead gaze met Marina's dead gaze and her words trailed off. "I take that back. There is one here, Papa." She said suddenly, not turning to look at James. Instead she pointed directly at Marina who was close to where the two were on the porch of the mercantile. It wasn't an accusing point... but more of a 'look at what I see!' kind of things.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)