Closed [Event] A New Building

5th of Fall 516A.V.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Moderator: Prophet

[Event] A New Building

Postby Evarista on September 20th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Still scratching her head while trying to figure out what to do next, Evarista suddenly heard a shout of warning. A seemingly solid part of the fence swung open like a gate. She finally noticed that there were other people here, and from the looks of it, they weren't from the building. Standing outside of the fence were two figures, the most eye-catching being a man with a long blade, brandishing it at something above. Following his motions with her gaze, she finally noticed the bat. A very large, gnarled bat. It didn't look like anything she'd seen in the anatomy books at the institute, which only roused the girl's interest even more.

Yes. Bats. There was one thing she was looking for. The books told of a bat's mysterious ability to see things without eyes, even in complete darkness. This has been on her mind ever since, but she never got the opportunity to study a bat. There hardly were any in the city proper, and not really on the beach either. Rummaging around the wilderness at night wasn't something Evarista had the gall to do. But hanging right there was not only a bat, but something even... better?

Straining her eyes, Evarista peered at the creature's aura, without attempting to get closer. The warped emanations surprised her. It was unlike an animal. It was most definitely not an animal; at least not anymore. Someone has done, uh, something to it, that much was obvious. She was only interested in its special vision, if it had survived the strange transformation. Intensifying her stare, she grasped the astral corona in search of the building blocks, the proverbial bricks and hammers of the echolocation apparatus. The whisky in her blood didn't exactly make things easier, but she was fairly used to doing her auristic experiments while drunk.

Besides, it was her only chance of taking a good look around the courtyard, and possibly inside of the dark building as well. Her human eyes weren't helping much at all. Disdainful of her natural form as she usually was, the young aristocrat strained to make sense of the wildly turbulent aura of the bat.

Her examination wouldn't go on for long. Missiles of stone and tongues of fire extended from beyond the corners of her vision, engulfing the object of her study. Said object then proceeded to explode into a living fireball, almost blinding her with the sudden twist of its aura that she had been focusing on so intently. More alarmed shouts reached her ears; there was a real commotion brewing around her. The other people at the fence, whoever they were, have apparently decided to take matters into their own hands, and they weren't beating around the bush.

The flying creature, evidently empowered by the magic, now showed aggression with a menacing screech. Evarista, who had been fairly relaxed up to now, was thrown completely off. Unlike the others, she was completely unprepared for violence. She was out for a moonlight stroll, damn it!

As her eyes followed the burning bat's overhead swoop, her anger was rapidly replaced with fear. Dulled as her sense of danger may have been, both by her slow wit and the alcohol, this intense feeling of vulnerability overwhelmed her. She wasn't armed. There was no cover. She didn't have any way to defend herself against the disturbed guardian. Should it choose to dive for a killing blow right this instant, she'd be done for. This was not in her plans for tonight. She wasn't looking for a battle with monsters, and so running away was now priority number one. Screw the bat, screw the house, screw the beach, screw all of this!

Turning on her heels, the girl was about to set off running... but then paused. Where would she run? There was nothing nearby to hide under. Taking the entire trek towards the whisky distillery's pier, all over open ground, would be just as dangerous as staying put. The only other option was the dark forest rising beyond the house. Looking at the black, gigantic, merged shadow of the treetops, swaying menacingly against a night sky almost as dark, she threw that option out of her head. The wilderness was even more scary than the burning bat and the building combined.

There was only one elevation left on the beach. Only one place to seek cover... the building itself. Hahaha.

Deeming that she couldn't afford to stand around and ponder her options anymore, the girl let her feet carry her past the fence, into the opening, and across the courtyard. Her eyes skimmed the stone plaque once covered by the cloth. A hospital? Well, she wouldn't mind if it was so simple. Even a dense type like her could tell that this wasn't a very telling description of this establishment. Still, whatever was in there couldn't be worse than a rain of flaming acid dropped by a bloodthirst-radiating monster. Fascinating as it was, she wasn't in a position to play birdwatcher with it. Maybe another time, under more polite circumstances.

Finally crossing the last stretch of the deserted courtyard and reaching the huge front doors, Evarista grabbed the handles and pulled them as hard as she could. Her skinny arms began hurting immediately, but the fine whisky in her blood gave her the much-needed strength of body to pull the doors open. She didn't even bother getting surprised by the fact that they were unlocked. The fine whisky, more importantly, also gave her the strength of will to actually enter the passage suddenly available to her. This was possibly the most stupid thing she has done in her entire life, and she had no illusions about that.

"Aaargh! I never asked for this!" was her only comment before vanishing into the maw of the inanimate fiend that styled itself the Civil Silvas Hospital.
User avatar
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?
 
Posts: 186
Words: 274246
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Xen on September 21st, 2016, 8:03 pm

A New Building




Mischief always found some way to pester him. Xen eye's widened at the bat abominations sudden combustion. He did not understand why flames embraced the creature and seared away it's furry and chitinous hide. But he did know that his actions were not enough to cause the beasts unexpected, fiery misfortune and suspected that someone or something else wanted to arouse its anger. Luckily, in some twisted and psychotic way, Xen thought the horrible spectacle was beautiful. It appealed to the grim and broken nature that he kept hidden underneath the image of a measly mercenary. And he was more than willing to emulate the magnificence before him after he gains access to flame reimancy.


Unfortunate, yet amazing! ” Xen thought as he trembled in fear and excitement.


Previously, Xen wanted to let the beast go so that he could hunt it down later and study its form and behaviors for magical purposes. However, now, now he just wished to relish in the current state of chaotic and deathly splendor. He wanted to live in the moment the bat abomination combusted into flames and burned, repeatedly, eternally and passionately. For this and dissension filled his emptiness.

Then someone rudely interpreted Xen; some man he did not know. Xen spun around to face the stranger that distracted him from the matter at hand and noticed a masculine visage laced with fear and disbelief. He smiled.


I don't know it decided to burn on its own...” Xen whispered to Bartholomew as he looked into his eyes and as the sound of metallic doors echoed around him. “ You should make haste,” Xen continued after a brief pause, hinting to Bartholomew that the same would occur to him, should he not move.


Staying here is akin to suicide. And I don't feel like this beast will not let me retreat into the forest without setting it ablaze, ” Xen thought as he looked at Evalin and noted her features that he could now clearly see. “ Why is this being here? I assume she was called to the hospital too? It would be strange for things of her nature to not be drawn to this place, ” Xen thoughts ended there.


He needed to act quickly. The bat abomination was encircling them while some caustic substance dripped from its body and burnt the earth below it. So Xen ran towards the open, asylum doors, believing it was wiser to conserve his strength and djed for when he truly needed it, especially, since his foe was out of reach. Xen put his viper speed and reflexes to use. He made sure to swerve and twist around the falling droplets of blood to avoid them as best as he could. Xen hoped to reach the building and possibly confront the bat abomination in more favorable conditions.
Xen

User avatar
Xen
Stygian Serpentis
 
Posts: 474
Words: 375341
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Location: Falyndar Region; Syka City
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Evalin on September 22nd, 2016, 11:38 pm

Image
Surprise came as Evalin watched her spell not just set the bat ablaze, but give it new life as a creature of embers and heat. Such was not expected, and while interesting to some degree there was a mild annoyance at how ineffectual her magic had been. That is, until the new man came stumbling from whatever hovel had hid him to confront the Viper for a crime the fool had not actually committed.

How unexpected. Tsenrika said as Evalin hid a smile behind one hand, Mortals are quick to assume the actions of others.

Indeed it is so. Evalin replied, her eyes now on the bat who had taken flight to circle over this quickly disbanding group, It is little wonder they fight and bicker among themselves at the least provocation.

Almost absently the Immortal took a step back to avoid a falling drop of sparkling acid, her red eyes watching curiously as it burned and flared to send up a string of smoke where it ate away at where it landed, Things have become far more exciting than I had intended.

It wouldn't do to stand about and become fodder for this things fury. Her attention once more focused on the bat as it circled now over the girl. Fire would not help her here, so perhaps something else. Calm as ice Evalin considered her options, following Evarista with her eyes as she darted from beneath the beast and made her way into the newly opened gate. The immortal knew she could defend herself well enough against something like this. She had done it before, but there was the issue of uncertainty... There was one, so could there be others? Now that it had seen her would something else come to follow? And what was this place? The itching curiosity more than anything else made up the nuit's mind. That, and the hiss as a drop of the flaming acid caught the end of her cloak before she stamped it out furiously with a foot. Without a second glance at the men Evalin followed after Evarista, moving quickly and sidestepping when she needed to avoid the obvious drops raining down and doing what she could to avoid being struck anywhere vital as she went.

Through the portal Evalin at last could see what the covered structure had been. A stone slab upon which was written "Civil Silvas Hospital", around it Evalin quickly recognized the markings for what they were. Glyphs of power, but their purpose she could not say. Pulling upon her power to veil her eyes in its auristic visions Evalin quickly studied the stone as she passed, though she didn't stop to truly inspect it in detail. Once past it she released her hold on the magic to refocus her eyes forward on the door into the building, cloak billowing around her as she slipped into the entrance of the hospital after Evarista.

There was a filling deep in the pit of her stomach however. Like a dream that was only now being half remembered. Nothing good would come from this place or her entering it, of this much Evalin was sure.
.
Image
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
User avatar
Evalin
The Immortal Witch
 
Posts: 1228
Words: 1034555
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
NaNo Excuses Medal (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Bartholomew on September 24th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Bartholomew was accustomed to the supernaturals of this world. After facing against a giant vine monster with regenerative abilities, the presences of otherworldly creatures no longer startled him. Even now, as he stared at the blazing winged bat, he was not afraid, this was not something he should be afraid of. The Ebonstryfe's wrath was where his true fears lied, alongside with Reysol's wrath.

Whatever was going on, whatever was in that building, and whatever was about to happen; Bartholomew felt that he should not witness. The presence of this strange guardian was proof enough that he and the others were stepping in a field unwelcome to them. However, now that the beast expressed fury equivalent to the heat which it burned, the group of four had no other choice.

When Bartholomew approached the other man, he seemed almost dazed with the sight of the creature. From the way he acted, Barth could tell that this man wasn't in his right mind. To his right, the woman who Bartholomew barely noticed 'till now was covering her lips. He assumed that she was laughing at him, but he could hardly tell in this night air. Although, her fingers slipped from her mouth when something dropped on her cloth. As soon as she realized what it was her boots went to work, stamping on her cloak as though she was killing a bug.

Bartholomew looked towards the bat creature, and a tiny liquid, the same color as the liquid that fell on the woman, nearly landed on his cheek. With his instincts taken over, Bartholomew dodged the spit, hearing it sizzle as it settled on the ground. Wonderful, ANOTHER life threatening monster, he thought to himself while the others ran for the building. Begrudgingly, Bartholomew followed suit, making sure that no spit from the creature fell on him as the other three did. He ran through the gates and past the slab, reading it only once for fear of being caught by the creature.

Hospital was the only word he read, but he doubted this building resembled anything of the sort. Maybe a torture chamber from the looks of its guardian. Whatever its purpose, it seemed important to the ebonstryfe, important enough for them to use one of Rhysol's monster to keep it protected. Knowing how kindly the stryfe took to criminals, Bartholomew doubted he would be let off for the crime of trespassing with just a slap on the wrist.

When he made it to the 'hospital's' front door, hopefully uninjured, Bartholomew took one more look at the creature before his hands met the handles. Then, with all his might, he tried to close the door in hopes of keeping this beast out.
User avatar
Bartholomew
Player
 
Posts: 104
Words: 98335
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2015, 3:02 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Crow on September 25th, 2016, 7:10 am

Image


Somewhere in the Hospital:

"No, I don't believe we are ready for the trials."
"We have to be. We have no choice."
"The city isn't ready for this."
"The world isn't ready for this."
"Wait, did you hear that?"
"Seal it! Quick!"

~ ~ ~

It was all like a nightmare. Feasting desires corrupting every shadow of doubt that remained. There wasn't an ounce of worldly sense left within the beast. It's own purpose corrupted and thrown into a fiery rage of chaos. It encircled the group as if it looked to devour each and every one of them. Scrambling through the air as if flying was a chore it did just that. Every descent towards them was an attack. If not to them then definitely to the path they walked. Every step that they took would be a dangerous one.

The sounds of it's painful cries dispersed into lunacy confusing and disorientating every victim it looked to devour. Blood would seep slowly from each of their ears tickling at the sensation and ringing that would ensue. Though, there was one unaffected by such, the nuit.

Even vision would begin to blur as the group scrambled to make their way into the Hospital. Heavy breathing and exhaustion would set in. Their bodies would feel as if they dragged a one hundred pound weight the entire way to the door.

Thinking would be difficult. Darkness would corrupt their vision. Hearing would sound muffled. If they talked their voices would be as if they were screaming just to be able to hear themselves. This was just the start.

The bat still remained. Its fire encapsulating it's thickened skin. It's acid dripping a trail of smoke, fire, and ash. It ate at life itself, and it intended to do just that.

As the last victim managed to try and escape it's wrath the opportunity for attack was eminent. Swooping down with claws elongated, jaw extended, it latched onto the ignorant victim. Running was useless for all of them, but like a tiger to it's prey it went after the last to run. The slowest of them all. Perhaps if he wasn't thinking to himself as the others ran, perhaps if he didn't doubt, perhaps if he was actually afraid of the supernatural things would have fared better.

Instead corrosive and burning acid attacked his back. His skin slowly starting to feel a burn. Jaws clenched up towards his neck as claws managed to climb up to his shoulders. Blood, delicious amber liquid. It got it's taste from the festering welts and burns from exposed skin. Its fangs just barely managing to penetrate like fine needles to the prey.

It was not meant to be. Chaos was unpredictable. As amber liquid worked it's way to it's tongue the creature of fire and night released it's grip. The blood served as a catalyst as it fell to the ground. As Bartholomew now seriously injured slammed the hospital door shut he would nearly collapse just a foot in. Confused, unable to hear, barely able to see, and in pain. Although not fatal the wounds were serious. Suddenly, fire and beast subsided into a loud explosion. Res flowed from it's body in an uncontrollable manner. The uncontained Res mixed with unstable Djed made of chaos. If not to hear the explosion it would be felt. Much as if a drummer would attempt to strike the skin of your heart to make a thump.

That was not the end. Scratching on the door followed such as the Dravlak attempted chase as well. The door rattled and the pounding relentless as Bartholomew inevitably leaned against it... dazed and confused. His blood leaving a streak down to his body.

Eventually the banging would subside, but the darkness within the building offered them no help. The only one able to do anything was the nuit. The fate of the group left into the hands of the dead.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Image
User avatar
Crow
Just a murder.
 
Posts: 234
Words: 200487
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

[Event] A New Building

Postby Evarista on September 25th, 2016, 9:40 pm

After getting inside the building, Evarista clamped her ears spasmically. The piercing pain in her ears almost made her black out, it was as if two thick nails were being driven into her skull from the sides. For a moment, she almost forgot where she was, leaning on the wall next to the door to keep balance, her mouth opening and closing like that of a stunned fish. When she came to, the others were already inside, the blonde swordsman leaning against the doors as he clutched his injuries. So not only were they exposed to the destructive screech, the bat actually swooped down and attacked? This wasn't a game. Whoever owned this building was serious about defending it, and yet against better judgement, they went inside anyway. The meeting with whoever or whatever was hidden here seemed imminent and unavoidable. Clenching her teeth, the girl felt the severity of the situation set in for real.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden explosion just outside of the door. She couldn't hear the sound due to her ears already being out of commission, but the pressure wave seeping through the walls and the trickle of dust seeping down on her shoulder from the ceiling were decent indicators. Something blew up. Violently. Equally violently, something started banging at the door, each strike no less forceful. Something unspeakably powerful and bloodthirsty, with an intent to pulverize all of them, separated from them by one layer of wood.

While being the least physically harmed of the group, Evarista was the most terrified. Her teeth were chattering and her knees were shaking. She never asked for any of this, and it was starting to be too much to handle. The three figures that had seemed so imposing and enigmatic in the courtyard now looked as pathetic and powerless as herself, at the mercy of the chaos, at the mercy of the darkness. She trusted them to protect her as little as she would trust herself to protect them. Without thinking any further, the young aristocrat left the group behind and dashed into the darkness, as fast as her rigid legs would carry her. She had to get away. She didn't care where, she just couldn't stay put. Her fight-or-flight meter was screwed all the way to the left, and it demanded action.

Was the inside of the building any safer? How could she tell? Evarista's eyes showed her nothing, and her ears showed only pain. The secret vision stolen from the bat was her only effective sense, if only she could replicate it. The mechanism itself wasn't particularly complicated, and she'd be able to produce it smoothly if she was at home and relaxing in her comfy room. Unfortunately, she was not, and the stress showed early. When morphing her larynx to produce ultrasound, she accidentally put pressure on her windpipe. Choking suddenly, the girl tripped and fell to her knees, cold floor striking them mercilessly. After a fit of gargling and coughing, she regained a bit of composure, but not enough to get up. She still needed to modify her ears to receive the ultrasound, and her ears were busted. Fortunately, she was not unfamiliar with putting her morphed body parts where they weren't supposed to be. Pulling back the tissue of her cheeks, she created two ultrasound-sensitive organs where the jaws met.

All that was left was to try the mechanism. If it didn't work now, she'd be in trouble for real. Straining her throat as if to groan, she let out a wave of sound. Not a moment later, her senses were awash with feedback, albeit it was feedback she couldn't understand. Whatever the case, she seemed to have gotten the system right, at least as far as its primary function was concerned. Rising to her feet and rubbing her sore knees in the pitch-black darkness, the girl gave her 'voice' several more times, turning her head in different directions. The waves sent to the right and forward returned completely and instantly, while the one sent to the left took longer. That probably meant her front and right were facing walls, whereas on the left was a passage. Turning left, the girl ran, or rather shuffled, wherever her newly created sense guided her. She had no idea where she was going or what part of the building she even was in. The ultrasound was merely enough to prevent her from suddenly bumping foreheads with a wall or a monster, and in her situation, she couldn't ask for much more.

Walk, stop, bounce the sound, adjust direction, repeat. She couldn't tell how long she's been navigating the labyrinthine corridors half-blindly. There had to be a second exit somewhere, wouldn't it? Who the heck built such huge complexes without back doors? These damn people had no common sense. Or maybe the problem was her terrible sense of direction. Admittedly, she would sometimes get lost in the Nitrozian estate, her own home. Compared to that, getting lost in this nightmare was a matter of course, ultrasound notwithstanding. It was also a matter of course that her luck would run out sooner than it brought her to an exit.

Walking as usual, one of her feet suddenly met air instead of marble. There was a hole right in the floor, possibly due to unfinished construction, and Evarista had not been clever enough to point her echolocator downwards to guard herself from such hazards. Letting out a decidedly non-supersonic squeak, the young aristocrat felt her body slide into an even darker dimension than she was already lost in. Her hands caught the corner of the floor, and for a moment it seemed it like she would hang on, but the wet noodles she had for arms were too weak. After a mercifully short period of weightlessness, her rear struck a hard surface. It hurt, but not as badly as she was prepared for. Getting back up, she pondered her situation bitterly. Was this the floor below? The basement? How would she get back up? Her echo could tell her that there was a wall in the way, but her grip of the sense was not sophisticated enough for anything beyond that.

The hopes of serendipitously stumbling upon an exit faded rapidly. Evarista continued walking, but her body was beginning to feel very heavy. It was not the weight of fatigue, as adrenaline still pumped steadily through her veins. It was the weight of despair.

I want to go home.

Please let me go home.

She wanted to say it out loud, plead the invisible forces of this place to let her go, but she had no cheeks and no tongue. The phrases repeated in her head over and over as she shuffled towards the unknown with increasingly rigid movements.
User avatar
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?
 
Posts: 186
Words: 274246
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Xen on September 27th, 2016, 4:44 pm

A New Building




It was a desperate and tense moment. Naturally, Xen ducked and weaved as if he was maneuvering through bushes and dodging vines. And he could not help it. The depths of the falyndar jungle and the constant presence of death and peril honed his experience and compelled him to act this way. Thus—instinctively—he refused capture and dying by the claw and teeth of some random, chiropteran abomination.


Move, move! ” Xen thought as he commanded his body to accelerate further and as hard as possible.


The imagine of the creature flying closely behind him with its maw gaped open haunted Xen like an eerie phantasm. It was horrible and bone-chilling, especially, since he could not see it and was only able to feel the creature's presence and hear its cries behind him. The only thing that gave Xen a semblance of comfort were the asylum's opened doors and massively, impressive walls. He felt like the chiropteran would not have the strength or power to tear through and breach the fortress-like physique of the building.


Thrilling and frightening, haha! ” Xen thought as he neared the asylum doors. His mind was like a cauldron and the moment was the spoon that stirred the mixture of panic, madness, and worry that resided within it. Then the creatures voice overturned his mind, causing all that Xen kept somewhat maintained to spill onto his fragile sanity. Afterward, the beautiful visage of the asylum morphed into something horrid and grotesque: like a gaping maw layered with rows of serrated teeth.


Ugh, what.... is...happening? ” Xen said as he slowed his advance towards the civil Silvas hospital. Xen touched his ear with his free hand and then looked at the blood that stained his fingers. He could not think of a reason why he was bleeding, so great was the chaos that festered within. However, greater chaos and horror awaited Xen inside the dark hospital. When the doors closed the moonlight ceased to shine and darkness embraced Xen inside the building. Instantly, he felt disconnected from the world as his senses were blurred and physical strength dissipated.


I can't...move... any further! Is this... paralysis? But how.... was... I poisoned? ” Xen thought as his legs finally give out and allowed him to fall to his knees. “ No, I cannot... fall... here, there's... still.. power...I...must... obtain, ” Xen thoughts continued even when utter weightlessness consumed his body and mind.


Then the roars and banging started. Xen did not have the strength to turn around and display his shock. He was too disorientated and weak to look or flee. So he allowed his body to fall forward, hoping that the doors would hold the chiropteran abomination and the new beast that sought after his demise.


What ...happened to... the ...others? I...I... guess... they...they... were... more... fortunate....than....I was, ” Xen sullenly thought as he rested on the floor, gripping his katana.
Xen

User avatar
Xen
Stygian Serpentis
 
Posts: 474
Words: 375341
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Location: Falyndar Region; Syka City
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2016, 4:11 am

Image
Slipping into the darkness of the hospital Evalin glanced back just in time to see two other figures dash quickly in her wake. One turned and wrenched the doors closed behind him, slamming them with a satisfyingly heavy thunk. Afterward, despite the dark, Evalin could him him sliding to the floor with his weight heavy against the wood.

The Immortal felt slightly unsteady, and there was a ringing in her ears from the loudness of the bats screeches. One hand went up to rub absently at an ear, tilting her head as she noticed the ringing swayed back and forth in her head whenever she tilted her gaze this way and that. Just as she was gathering her wits about her a great explosion rocked the world, and this time she did indeed stubble to one knee as the suddenness of the sound and the force of the pressure overwhelmed her sense of balance in this pitch black place. One hand went out to catch herself before she fell all the way, and there her fingers brushed the cold stone floors, smooth as marble such that Evailn felt sure that it was.

When the banging and scraping began Evalin once again found her feet, grasphing the icy gem at her neck and yanking it free.

"Awaken." she whispered softly, the sound much too loud in the absence of other senses.

Falling from her hand Tsenrika turned to his Irylid form, hovering close to his Master's left hand as she straightened and faced the source of the sound. The staff she gripped tighter in her right hand, and without thinking she touched the ring of bone on her left hand with her thumb, feeling both of these items giving the nuit some small comfort.

Things have become troublesome. Evalin said to her familiar, furrowing her brow as she tried to listen and hear everything there was to hear in this confined space. This consisted mostly of heavy breathing from the living, a shuffle of clothing as a body shifted, and once the sound of someone choking. Most likely the latter was someone growing sick with fear and relieving their stomach of their evening meal.

Perhaps it would be best to make our escape.

To where?

The darkness was heavy upon them all. Not even a single candle lit the space, and as Evalin turned a circle she could not see even a glimmer of a light source anywhere nearby. With a sense of mounting dread Evalin plucked at her djed like the strings of a harp, sending ripples that hummed through her body straight toward her eyes. To her mind she called a form from the Jungles of Falyndar, a beast of the night who feared nothing when the lights were out. The Akila hound model was a simple one that she had used quite often, more often as a partial model as anything else. For now she only required its eyes in order to pierce this veil of night.

Again her djed was struck, softer this time as she squinted. The whites of her eyes spread to cover iris and pupil, the organs shifting ever so slightly so as to suck in any and all light that might be in the area and then where once was nothing but absolute pitch Evalin could make out colorless shapes. Grasping one firm mental hand around her djed Evalin held this morph in place, feeling only a slight tug back to normalcy before her djed settled and accepted the change.

Turning again in a circle Evalin could make out the two forms near the door, one slumped against it and the other seemingly fallen and weak. With a curse Evalin looked back over her shoulder, squinted as she thought she made out the same of someone else moving deeper into the building, but then looked away as she realized the more pressing issues at hand.

We are trapped. she said rubbing one hand against her forehead, And outside we are besieged.

And there are others inside this building as well.

That was right. She had forgotten, but hadn't she heard what might have been voices coming from deeper within the black? If so then there was no telling what awaited them further on.

We cannot leave through the way we have come, at least not yet.
Evalin reasoned, And there is nothing but the unknown before us.

It would be foolish to charge headlong deeper into the hospital, not now that it was revealed that it was anything but ordinary. At least... It would be if she were alone. It was then that she truly remembered that there were others with her. Mortals, one already fled and the other unknown, but the other... Yes, Evalin recognized him hadn't she?

Touching her power Evalin drew out a small portion of res into her palm, letting it rise in gases form so that it hovered before her. Then with a snap of her fingers it lit, casting the darkness aside with tongues of flickering orange flames. For just a few ticks her eyes remained milky white in the firelight before she released the morph, letting her eyes return to their normal crimson. Then she moved forward, passing the injured man at the door to stand over Xen to leer down at him. The fire blazed over her hand as she leaned down slightly, tilting her head to examine the man. What she saw there made her smile.

"So it is the little viper after all." Evalin whispered softly toward Xen before stepping back and turning her attention on Bartholomew. His state made her grimace in distaste.

Tsenrika came to hover over her left shoulder, They are unwell?

So it would seem.

Several more balls of res, no bigger than a fist, slide from Evalin's upraised palm coming to surround her. Without a word she lit them all, casting greater light to the surrounding area so that they might see just where they were. A great room with marbled floors, tinted red in the firelight that extended as far as the eye could see and farther still into the darkness beyond. A large wall directly across from the door the same red tinted white color as the floor was what Evalin first noticed, and then passages to the left and right that lead elsewhere. The space was free of any furnishings that the nuit could see, and not a single candle or lantern was available to them. Again Evalin grimaced and turned back toward her two woefully pathetic companions.

"It appears we have stumbled into quite the perilous situation." she said, eyeing Bartholomew, "Perhaps it would be best if we remain together for the time being and make our escape as quickly as possible. Can either of you walk?"
.
Image
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
User avatar
Evalin
The Immortal Witch
 
Posts: 1228
Words: 1034555
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
NaNo Excuses Medal (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Bartholomew on September 29th, 2016, 4:13 pm

When Bartholomew rushed to the building, the beast was quick to react. All around their feet it dived for an attack, searching for its first potential victim. So far, everyone in the group managed to dodge the creature, but it was only a matter of time before it finally snagged a meal.

Then the beast screeched. Hearing the monster reminded Bartholomew of nails on a chalk board, terribly painful to listen to. His fingers rose to his ears to protect what little hearing he had left, but the blood it secreted did nothing but worry him. To make matters worse, as he stepped upon the grounds of the building, his body began feeling changes. He was suddenly heavy, his breathing intensified, and his vision turned dark. He felt as though his entire body was poisoned, but he was injected with nothing and ate nothing since 7 bells ago. There was only one other catalyst that could cause his body to weaken. Someone was using magic.

Before Bartholomew could think any further, the bat descended on him once more, but this time he could not dodge. His body was too sluggish, the weight of the world too heavy, and he felt that he was ready to collapse at any moment. He was a trapped prey for the creature, and he could tell it reveled in his weakness while it feasted on his neck.

"ARGH!" Bartholomew screamed as the flaming creature bit into him. It was sucking his blood, taking away the metallic liquid that kept him alive. The beast's saliva was the worst of the attack. It burned like lava, setting his skin ablaze upon contact, peeling away his flesh so that the monster could bite into something more succulent. The young Dicey experienced many pains among his lifetime, but this one was far worse than all of them.

This beast's attack, coupled with the effects from a magical spell, was enough to have Bartholomew fall to his knees. If it were not for the creature releasing its deadly grip on his back neck, he would have surely fallen.

Feeling only the surge of adrenaline kicking in now, Bartholomew pushed forward, slamming into the doors of the building and frantically closing it with the little might he had left.

When he finally entered the building Bartholomew felt a little safe. He leaned against the door, his body and mind a complete mess. His sense of security came and went while he experienced a sudden explosion, then the crying and slamming of a creature against the building's outside door. When things finally settled, the young Dicey sat in a pool of his own blood, trying desperately to fight for his own sanity. So much happened within that short amount of time, so much pain and hardship that nearly made Bartholomew curl in his corner and cry. However, he had to keep himself together, and he had to get out of this.

Fighting back dreadful tears, Bartholomew tried to calm himself. He controlled his rapid breathing, slowing it to a steady rate, then carefully took off his sword and cloak, revealing the once hidden dagger and mascaraed mask strapped to his belt. He gently placed the sword next to him and pressed his coat against his wound, hoping to stop the excessive bleeding. He could still barely hear from his ears, his body was distraught, and his vision was at a complete loss. All in all, Bartholomew was a mess, but at least he was alive. There was still something good about this maelstrom.

"Is anyone there?" Bartholomew released from his lips, but they came out in a soft whisper. Only those that were a few feet away from him could hear, as he was too wounded to speak up. He could barely hear himself, but felt the vibrations of his vocal cords which told him that he was speaking. "Can anyone here me? We were effected by some magic. It makes us weak."

For a moment no one spoke and Bartholomew wondered if something happened to the others. Then a woman said something. He could barely hear her, but he was able to make out one word: Walk.

"You want me to walk?" Bartholomew guessed. He couldn't realize it, but his voice made him sound very calm in the wake of all this chaos, and very tired as well. "This building makes me heavy, but I can stand with help and I can walk. I might not get very far, though."

Bartholomew waited for the woman's response.
User avatar
Bartholomew
Player
 
Posts: 104
Words: 98335
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2015, 3:02 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

[Event] A New Building

Postby Crow on October 2nd, 2016, 4:51 pm

Image


There was a strange magical dankness about the place. The unfamiliar auras would be mostly unrecognizable to those who wished to view within. It was as if there was something drawing all of the life away from everything within. Faint light emanated from one of the members of group illuminating the cold white stone beneath them. It was far fancier than most buildings known to Ravok, and as blood seeped down onto the floor from Bartholomew the now ivory stained stones reflected in the light.

It would feel as if two presences somewhere in the dark were within the building as well. Their presence would almost feel choking, but it wasn't them that caused the heavy weight. Beneath the hospital contained in a unknown area were the two responsible for this weight. They were both working below to collect a special poison from a distant world known to prestigious summoners. They were trying to collect poison from kseyden to use as a gas within the hospital.

When the group entered and disturbed the process things began to get unstable, even more so once Evarista came falling through to the basement. The collision caused the one aiding in the process of the gas to divert his attention. Suddenly a great collection of gas escaped into the confines of the hospital. The summoning portal wasn't closed before the two working before them instantly became ghouls from the concentration of making the poison in vast quantities. Their limbs deteriorated and they were filled with an insatiable hunger. The effects based on the dose completely permanent. These two were victims of their own magic.

Their minds grew mildly insane and with their insatiable hunger they instantly darted out of the room as gas dispersed upwards into the south ward. Luckily, all of the airtight doors were closed, so the group above were not affected by the gas, at least not yet.

The two ghouls ran out from the confines of their hidden room. Looking for their first victim. One found the secret staircase easily enough while the other one headed towards the laundry room where Evarista fell into. Their body almost not even resembling a human anymore would be a sight of nightmares. Their increased strength enough to throw bodies violently. Their hunger met only by their tendencies of violence.

Secret :
Image


As they worked through the building crawling as if an animal with short spurts of sprinting they made sounds of wailing cries. Blood filled the air thanks to Bartholemew and soon the feast would begin.

oocThese creatures will not be easy to kill. When they attack you they will use slashing claws to swipe at you just before retreating away in a scurry and reappearing just to tear flesh from your skin little by little. Should one come into close contact or be provoked the ghoul would tackle you and with a flurry of slashes swipe at you while mounting you. Their strength is equal to that of 2 times a regular human. This includes their speed. Though, their reactions/reflexes will be hindered, they are still strong. They will retain their intelligence which is extremely high as they were both astute mages. As they slurry across the stone floors your character will now be able hear these beasts get ever so closer. Your options are limited. During this time I reserve the right to post after anyone and will place a placeholder immediately should it be warranted. Goodluck, and good job on disturbing the summoning.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Image
User avatar
Crow
Just a murder.
 
Posts: 234
Words: 200487
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest