Completed (Solo) The adventures of Eisen Axt

The travels and learning experiences of Eisen Axt, the axe wielding warrior!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

(Solo) The adventures of Eisen Axt

Postby Eisen Axt on November 13th, 2016, 12:20 am

24th DAY OF FALL 526

I woke up smiling, smiling for a brand new day, a comfy bed, and the excitement of a brand new place. I rolled out of bed humming a tune about miners (Not a happy tale, don't ask about it). After getting dressed, I headed down the stairs towards the main floor of the tavern. I'm still getting used to the giant blue men, apparently they're called Akalaks, anyway, I'm here for one thing, and one thing only, and that's to learn. More importantly, they know how to fight!

The tavern was surprisingly full with only one empty table. I quickly took this one and gave the place a look around. It was a mix of humans and Akalaks, the only female that I saw was the hostess, Chell, the man running the place, Nystir, seemed to be a cheery type of guy. I nod slightly as I looked around, not noticing one of the other humans walking up.

"Morning! Mind if I take a seat." He says as he plops down in a chair opposite of me. I open my mouth to speak, than closed it, there wasn't any other free table, besides, he could know something about the place.

The man was 5'10 with greasy brown hair, longish and uncombed. He carried some sort of instrument on a leather strap which hung from his shoulder ( didn't get a good look at it, but it was long and had lots of holes). His clothes seemed nice...ish. It looked to be made out of leather...but it also looked rough and uncomfortable, it was colorful thou as he put his arms on the table and put his head in his arms, it looked like he had a hang over (Bah, light weight).
"I don't recognize you...you new?" he asks looking up for a moment before putting his head back down with a moan.

"Indeed I'm friend, I come from Syliras, and you? Do you live here in this fair tavern?" I asked resting on arm on the table, which moved my axe to a more comfortable position. He chuckles and makes a grand flourish with his arms.

"Welcome to Riverfalls, the city of Akalaks! Now, what brings you here?" He asks, suddenly much more awake as he lifts his head with a cocky grin.

"I'm here to learn the art of combat, do you per chance friend, know where that may be in this here city?" I asked leaning forward with much more interest.

He chuckles and makes shooing motion towards the tavern entrance "All over the place, this is the city of warriors, thou, there is the arena if ye- Hey! Where you going!" he shouts as I stand up and make way towards the door.

"To glory and knowledge friend, knowledge and glory!" I reply with a chuckle as I head out of the tavern, now, where is this arena?
Last edited by Eisen Axt on November 19th, 2016, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eisen Axt
Player

Words: 9721
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2016, 7:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eisen Axt on November 13th, 2016, 3:35 am

After some quick discussions with the locals and losing my way in the streets, I came across the place I was looking for (Apparently, the arena wasn't what I was looking for, it was a school), Kendoka Sasaran, the school for training in weapons. I took a deep breath and walked in, whats the worst thing that could happen anyway?

I've never been in a school for training before, but I like the way they look. Walls of stone, students training in groups, duels happening in a blink of an eye. I smirked, knowing that Myri has blessed me with a tool to grasp victory and many battles to come. As I stood there, one of the Akalaks that was walking around teaching walked up.

"Hello, welcome to Kendoka, I'm Mizra, who are you?" Mizra asked as he stared down at me. This man was huge, carrying two swords (or they look like them, I think the locals call them lakan?) but I've never seen anyone that...mountain like in my entire life! Besides for that, he had an air of...what the knights back at home had, confidence to destroy anything or anyone in their way.

I swallowed "I'm Eisen, and I've come to learn, may I join?" I stared him in the eye. He may be scary, but to not even try before the door is unacceptable. After awhile he smiled and made a motion towards a rack full of wooden weapons.

"Your weapon is unfamiliar here, but we still have something that you can use. Please, take a weapon and join in, you can put your weapon over there on the other rack." Mizra says as he also makes a motion with his head towards the rack. I smile with a nod and head over to the racks, putting my axe up and picking up a wooden one. I slowly looked around until I found my group, a group of axe wielding humans. I went over, introduced myself, and began to spar.

I was sparing a man that was about my height with a tattoo going up and down his right arm. We both began to circle each other, I slowly went over what the knights did when they sparred. The knights also circled each other, why? Cause they were observing! That's when he struck, he rushed in, hitting me in the head before I could block it. As I reeled from the first blow (I've never been hit that hard) I was hit in the stomach so hard that my feet gave and I collapsed, coughing up spit and drool on to the floor. Sound became distorted as I lay there, stomach and head pain covering my field of thought, I heard laughter and strange language (I soon realized, it was the language of the natives) was coming from the man. He thought I was defeated, curled up in a ball like a kitten. I slowly stood up and readied myself, stumbling slightly before righting himself. The man was smiling, like he was hunting prey, as he began the dreaded circling. I joined in, just to make sure he wouldn't have a chance to hit me in the back. This time, instead of thinking about it. I charged, as I charged, time seemed to slow down. His face, his face had a look of confusion, everyone else seemed to move so slowly as my arms raised them selves for an attack. My mouth slowly opening for a warcry. It felt so peaceful, I started to remember back when I watched the knights fight, they would raise the axe and then suddenly attack the ribcage. Than everything suddenly sped up, the war cry escaped my mouth, my arms finished raising, and his face was still confused as he readied himself for my assault. Instead of striking him in the face, I did what the knights did, I struck the ribcage. His axe was to far away to defend his ribs, as his axe was raised to protect his head. He groaned as it hit him, he bent over slightly, lowering his axe. I saw my chance and swung my axe around to his head, knocking him off his feet on to the floor. I laughed, Myri gave me another victory. I stumbled back, happy at my victory, into the guy behind me.
Eisen Axt
Player

Character sheet

Postby Eisen Axt on November 13th, 2016, 8:12 pm

After a long day of training, I slowly walked back to the inn. My head had a knock (Curse that axe man) and I may have broken a rib or two ( that may have been due to the Akalak that I ran into, swords hurt as much as axes do.), plus a black eye (running into wood flail isn't fun). I laughed, than winced as I put a hand on my ribs, trying not to chuckle. That was the most fun I had in days, I got beat, multiple times, but it was fun.

I slowly entered the tavern, and took a random seat, my axe was started to get heavier, plus a good meal is always good before bed. Sadly, this table had the man from before. I was wrong about him being a light weight, this guy was slamming two jugs of ale before my eyes. He slammed them down, laughing, obviously drunk. The other two at the table were Akalaks. Both laughing and nursing their own jugs. The man with brown hair finally noticed me as he said drunkenly.

"By the gods, it looks like you got into a fist fight with a Akalak." he laughed along with his two companions at the jest, I joined in with my own painful laugh before saying.

"At least I won." the table turned silent for a minute before I started to laugh, they in turn did so as well before the brown haired man waved at Chell

"Hey Chell! An ale for this 'Champion' here, on me!" he says as he turns back "So tell your tale of glory! Perhaps if its good enough, I'll sing it!" he laughs again whole heartedly as he takes another swig.

I smile as I spread my hands out "So, I arrived at Kendoka, feeling high and mighty, proud I was, until sparring." I stopped for dramatic effect as my ale arrived, I thanked Chell with a smile as I continued, pretending to hold an axe "I was to fight a mean looking man, a tattoo going down his arm, a snarl on his face. He struck first, dealing a heavy blow to my poor skull and then he hit me in the ribs. I feel from his power-" I had to stop as they began to laugh, I scowled and took a drink to regain my story telling confidence as the man with the brown hair began to sing.

"Along came a human to Kendoka, felled by two blows from a stick! A fancy tale lad, a legend for ages to come about the man felled by a stick!" he laughed so hard that he fell out of his chair, the other Akalaks also began to laugh, but made motions to continue on with my tale as the brown haired man recovered himself.

"Anyway, I stood back up, stumbling mind you, and charged him, felling him in two blows...but unlike me, he didn't get back up. That's when I ran into the Akalak." I smiled as the Akalaks began to laugh as well, I finished my ale as they laughed and ordered a plate of food. The brown haired man, who finished laughing got up, ran over to a stage like thing and began to play his long, holey instrument, it sounded like the wind. I listened to the music as I finished my meal, I also listened to the strange conversation that the Akalaks were having (of course I didn't understand them) but it was interesting. After my meal, I paid and slowly headed up to my room, where I collapsed into bed,pulled my axe off and layed it beside the bed,groaned a little, than fell asleep. Dreaming of what I'll learn tomorrow in Kendoka.
Eisen Axt
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aladari Coolwater on June 22nd, 2017, 6:21 am

Grades on Hold

Mizahar requires all In-Character posts to be in 3rd person. This means you should narrate your character as "he", as if you were watching him and describing his actions. First person threads such as this one won't be graded.

Please also update your thread list on your CS.

Once these things have been fixed, PM me and I will get your grade.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3