Completed Mental Health Day

Walde's Laziness Shows and He Takes a Day Off.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 5:37 am

66th Fall 516 AV

Prologue:

Walde woke up that morning feeling like crap. He slept for about four hours that night, and the little sleep he had was about as restful as if it were on a bed of nails. there were very few mornings he did not feel like that, he was actually always a morning person, until he had to get out of bed every morning at the ass crack of dawn to get his work done, find more jobs, and then have any amount free time to himself. "I am sick of it!" he decided, "I am going to have a mental health day." he kept saying to himself, he got dressed, and he made breakfast, He does not eat with to much variety, because he is not a great cook, but has always wished to learn, he simple crisped some sausage over the hearth and immediately put some thin sliced cheese on it so it would melt, he hollowed out some sourdough bread ant sliced the artery hardening concoction into it. as he walked out the front door, grabbing his rapier off the hook and strapping it to his waist. He mostly only wore it out of habit, after years of bullying a visible blade goes a long way.

Walde decided to go to the bazaar, he might as well window shop. he goes down to the fourth tier basement, and heads straight to Jerom Sendrick's Information Booth, he does not come down here too much and a map is always a useful tool. As he grabs the map, he notices a strange booth labeled on it; "Oddities, Trinkets, and Curios". Walde figured that is as good a place as any, and heads in that direction.
Last edited by Walde Reiner on November 16th, 2016, 1:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am a bad influence, You have been forewarned
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Words: 7574
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2016, 5:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 5:51 am

Oddities, Trinkets, and Curios:

Walde walked northward towards this first shop. He was thinking "Curios? I do like curios, and trinkets as well, not to mention I am an oddity I need to be careful not to break the proverbial bank." Walde was in his own little world, he was whistling, and he even walked right past the shop. He did a double take and realized "Hey, this is not where I am meant to be." and walk back a few yards to the booth. there were all sorts of think, a few of them simple tricks with basic mechanisms he figured out fairly quickly. other thing completely baffled him, there were strange clocks that had automaton style animation, that seemed whir to life on the hour, there were actual automatons that drew beautiful images, and there were smaller things like screwdrivers with spinning handles that allowed you to more easily turn them. If the person who ran the booth finally were to come out of a simple tent behind it Walde would probably jump for joy out of pure excitement, but for some reason they didn't. At least now Walde is reinvigorated for upcoming Gadgeteering projects. He decided now to go back to his apartment for food, and maybe get some stuff out of the way.
Last edited by Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 6:09 am

Lunch and Some Work with Hooters:

Walde headed back to his house to eat the meal he had for most meals of most days, sourdough bread with a thick slice of cheese on it. As Walde is eating he decides to do some work, he wants to socialize his owl a bit, but he does not trust to take it out yet, plus he should probably get a falconry glove for when he does. back to the bazaar!

When Walde gets back to the bazaar he checks his map for a pet store, He had assumed there was one, but he is not seeing it... perhaps a fish seller will have what he wants. So he heads over to the fish seller, and asks for a pound of pickled fish, it costs him 3 GM and he slices it into cubes with his pocket knife.

Walde heads back up to his apartment, and goes over to his owls cage, Walde tosses a cube of fish into it, the owl snatches up the fish with fervor. "I will call you Picklecube, Picklecube the Owl" Walde grins towards the owl. "It is a shame I had not named you before.""

Walde continues to feed little bits of fish to the owl with one hand and draw with the other, Walde was drawing up plans to something he had thought of previously. It would be a nice luxury Item, that he would probably not be able to sell until summer due to the nature of the product.
Last edited by Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 6:31 am

Cities That Reek of Feces:

Walde gets to drawing what is essentially a crank beneath and to the side of his ventilation shaft, attached to a wheel, with cuts across the side to provide friction, attached by a belt to a fan mounted at the entrance of the of the ventilation shaft. that when cranked blows air into the shaft, which should reduce to smell, when It is over bearing. When Walde has finished the drawings he starts looking through his wood stock for something to cut the wheels out of, finds a few nice maple planks, He continues to cut circles out of them, and then moves on to cut out a smaller circle for the knob on the crank. He will have to talk to Naribu about the belt. After cutting out the blades of the fan and attaching them into slots cut into one of the larger wheels, Walde attached the fan to the wall next to the ventilation shaft. Walde set out to go to the Leatherworks.

It would probably be easy to sell in summer and spring, because the heat makes the smell near unbearable. "I could probably make good cash off of this, if it works." Walde thinks to himself. "I can call this "Clear Breeze" or some other dumb name that the affluent seem to love." Walde is still in his own world of thought. Walde was glad that he has a couple seasons to work out the kinks in the product.
Last edited by Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 3:01 pm

We're of to see Nabinu, the Wonderful Nabinu of... Leather?:

Walde entered All Things Leather with a grin on his face "Greetings, Nabinu!"

Nabinu looked up from the breeches he was stitching, "Oh, hello, Walde! What can I do for you on this fine day?"

Walde replied "You seem... chipper, I was just looking to by a custom Item a strip of leather sewn into a loop, about 3 cm wide, could you do that for 3 SM, the price of a belt plus an extra silver since it is custom?"

Nabinu thinks "I don't see why not. Uh, let's see what I can do. Give me about 10 minutes, yo gather everything and stitch."

Walde and Zabinu Chatted for the next 15 minutes, and when it was done they said there farewells for now.

Walde on his way to the apartment realized, "That damn curio shop stole my mental health day, I ended up working through too much of it." Walde sighed at that thought.
Last edited by Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mental Health Day

Postby Walde Reiner on November 14th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Assembly:

Walde entered his apartment, and he fed another treat to Picklecube. He realized it was time to assemble and test the fan apparatus. So he threaded the belt into the slots on the wheel, and then on the fan. He started cranking, hoping for the best, but expecting it to be a waste of money, like so many projects before. He cranked for about five minutes and the smell actually was getting better, more bearable, but only slightly, he could not sell this to anyone. However, when it is finished, and full developed it will be useful in summer when things became really odoriferous. Luckily he has time to work the issues out of it.

Walde goes back to Picklecube's cage, and strokes Picklecube's head and in the process got a beak to his finger, "Ouch!" Walde recoils and put the finger in his mouth, because he had one very important rule, "don't bleed on any of the work," as he cleaned off his finger and ran it under cool water.

"I need to work with that bird a bit more," he resolved, "But first, I should probably go get the Falconer's Glove." as Walde left to the bazaar for the third time that day. He looks at the map, he sees what he missed before, He was looking for a pet store earlier, now he is looking for falconry supplies, and there is a Falconer's Booth, he makes his way there, and buys the Gloves for 6 Silver Mizas, a small price to pay for the affection of another creature. Walde has always liked animals, not that they have liked him much, but he is determined to change that.

Walde enters the apartment, and Picklecube perks up, seemingly more out of interest than the normal fear, it could be the treats Walde had been giving her, or, more likely yet, it could be the fact that he reeks of bird feces. He dons his recently bought gloves, and closes the door, he then opens Picklecubes cage, and allows her to fly around, and she seems to love the air rushing by, he places a treat next to where he is sitting, currently scrubbing the cage, and Picklecube seems non interested, she was staying on the other side of the room from Walde, she seemed to still be nervous around Walde "Wait, How am I going to get her back in the cage? Preferably without making her permanently petrified of me." He realizes the problem. He has to ponder it, with Picklecube flying around his head, for a good 10-15 minutes until, "Perhaps if I substitute myself with another object, I can hold a blanket in between the cage and me, and sit still, when I hear her in the cage I drop the blanket over it." He pulled his blanket off of his bed and got into position, he had to wait for 25 minute for Picklecube to get into her perch, but when she did he dropped the blanket on the cage, and slipped his hand under it, to latch the cage shut.
Walde Reiner
A person in a place.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes