Restarting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Restarting

Postby Oitera on November 21st, 2016, 7:38 pm

Hello!
I joined the world of Mizahar in 2012, wrote a few adventures then but has since not been active except once when I added the xp, lore and so forth earned in the adventures to my character sheet. I don't really know how to navigate here or remember my character, though I've read through my character sheet(which I can't say I'm totally pleased with though I like the character for the most part). Since I guess there are others out there who has been in this situation I want to ask for advice; Is it better to start over from scratch or should I try to reacquaint myself with everything and stick with my character? What's the pros and cons?
Oitera
Player

Words: 28933
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Restarting

Postby Gossamer on November 21st, 2016, 11:59 pm

You can do either.

The good news is you don't have to pay living expenses for the seasons you were inactive so you can just note on your CS that you were gone X season through X season and update everything else.

The other thing is you can start over with a fresh character. Honestly, I think this is the easiest way unless you are emotionally attached to the PC you are giving up. :)

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Restarting

Postby Oitera on November 22nd, 2016, 6:00 am

Can I rewrite the character sheet if I keep all the items, xp and her personality pretty much as it is? I'd like to change the answers to the questions and maybe give her a bit more depth as the character sheet is quite repetitive.

Ps. I can then have it reviewed again if needed.
Oitera
Player

Character sheet

Restarting

Postby Orakan on November 23rd, 2016, 3:01 am

Hey Oitera,

You should be fine making those tweaks if you have decided you like the character enough to keep her. However, since you are past the 50 post mark, you cannot make any significant changes (ie altering skills, lores, race, etc) but you seem to understand this :)

It would be advisable to submit the edited CS to the CS review again just to make sure, so you have the right idea there. It might not hurt to reach out the Emergence, as well, since she is the ST of Wind Reach and could provide extra assistance if you need it.

Welcome back and happy writing!
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Restarting

Postby Oitera on November 23rd, 2016, 6:23 am

Okay, thanks for the help!
Oitera
Player

Character sheet

Restarting

Postby Kvar Driftweaver on February 28th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Perfect this was on my mind too. Thank you.
Kvar's OOC Plotnotes, arcs and goals.

Mood Music: Wanderlust Curse | Battle Metal | Celebration

My Merry Band of Miscreants
Kvar - Kharadish - J’karn
Kvar Driftweaver
Rook takes bishop

Words: 59882
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 3:35 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Medals: 1