Open [The Great Bazaar] A Heavy Dose of Training

Zifor takes a Client for a walk and Does some light shopping

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] A Heavy Dose of Training

Postby Zifor on November 26th, 2016, 9:01 am

Timestamp 3rd Day of Fall 516

“The Laziness of human’s astound me” Zifor sighed as he rounded the corner of the street before him.”I Mean to be fair his owner is an older gentleman, but to let his dog get this size without any exercise is just poor ownership” The wind blew through his hair as he walked with his trusty friend, Fortune was enjoying this walk much more than him. “Girl leave him alone he's not that interested in playing with you right now”. Zifor chastised his dog as well trained as she was she was still young and truth be told she hadn't had much time to wrestle or fight which, is in fact exactly what she was trained to do. Zifor was out walking one of his Customers dogs the man was elderly and he had an older dog who was about as active as the old man himself was but the dog was exceedingly overweight Zifor even knew that and he was no Animal health expert.

“Puko, Sit!” Zifor called to the obese mutt whose hair was shedding Due to the recent change of seasons, Puko had decided to start barking at the butcher's shop presumably because of the smell of slaughtered animals and cooking meat. Zifor tightened his grip on the dog's leash in an attempt to control the hungry canine, but ultimately the dog had heft if not muscle and zifor had to grip his collar and Forced the large dog to look into his eyes. A thought crept into the young man's mind Surely it would work on an animal even easier than a man... The boy filled his voice with his talent o hypnotism and allowed it to glaze over his eyes as he stared into Puko’s eyes. “Calm down, relax” He smiled and imagined the feelings of a sleepy Night laying by the dog’s owners bed and he let the magic go slowly.

Zifor was less than shocked that his thought worked not only that it worked at all but that it worked almost too well , as if on Cue Puko had Laid down and fallen asleep on the side of the path opposite from the butchers. “Well that was surprising wasn't it girl” He patted fortune on her head softly and smiled at her. Zifor laid his hand flat on the ground and spoke softly to her “Stay,and guard” He tied a simple knot in Puko's leash to a nearby Stone post and checked it to make sure the dog Couldn't escape and he walked over to the butcher's shop it wasn't to far away where he couldn't See the Dogs and there was another kind of magic dogs responded well to especially a dog like Puko, Food!
Zifor
Player

Words: 37833
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2016, 4:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on November 27th, 2016, 4:09 pm

Roselina was leaning against the counter of the butchers, tears in her eyes and a sad smile on her face. "- Its so hard to live like this without my dear parents, sir. Please!" She sniffed, and began to cry more "- All I'm asking for is for you to cut down the price a little bit mister."

Signing, the butcher complied, passing a cut of meat to the girl, who smiled brightly! "Thank you sir!" She turned away from the counter with a smirk on her face, which she quickly dropped as she saw someone was behind her,she put the meat in a bag and began to leave the shop.

Pleased that it worked, but not at all surprised, she stepped out of the door and wiped her eyes, only glancing at the person across from her, who didn't seem to have money or anything worth conning him out of.

She had learned over the years that her naive looks and charms could get anything if she weaved a short tale.
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zifor on December 11th, 2016, 5:51 am

Zifor Scowled as the woman in front of him wiped the tears out of her eyes, it seemed humans could be fooled by a crying face and a few false words. Watching the act left a bad taste in his mouth but he didn't know if some or any of the girl’s story was true she could actually be down on her luck and lying was simply easier than the truth.

Zifor approached the Butcher’s counter and nodded to the man and spoke to him in a soft voice ‘Hello sir what by chance is your cheapest preserved meat you have available here i'm looking for a few pounds to last a bit of time and as incentives for my animals” Zifor nodded to the dogs he had tied down across the street one of which was still taking a slight nap.

The Butcher spoke up in a gruff voice after he cleared his throat “You would be wantin pork than it's my best anyhow if you don't mind it to be a wee bit salty i find it is the best of my products anyhow”

Zifor nodded and handed the man his coins and the butcher doled out the meats wrapped up in butchers paper they were cut into 8 separate portions of meat each portion being about a quarter of a pound each. The young man thanked the butcher and placed the meat into his backpack.

As he moved out of the store he noticed a man approaching the girl with the sob story from earlier and he had a menacing look on his face and he appeared to be angry Zifor couldn't see the man clearly he may be an angry patron that the girl had wronged in the past or perhaps just a drunk looking to take advantage of a woman for no good reason.
Zifor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on December 11th, 2016, 9:40 am

Roselina leant against a wall nearby the shop, she was glad for how easy it had been to get this, as she hadn't been able to afford as much food as usual recently.

She was slightly amused when the other customer had scowled at her, it wasn't any of his business what she did, and he was obviously not a knight. So it wouldn't be in his interest to help the man she had just gotten the meat from. People's morals surprised her at times, how some of them would be angry at what wasn't affecting them.

Standing there and listening to the conversations around her, she noticed a man coming towards her. He appeared to be annoyed about something, possibly angry, or even inebriated. She hoped it wasn't someone who she had conned in the past.

She glared at the man who had gotten nearer, he didn't look like he was coming here to be friendly."Hello? Need something?".
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zifor on December 27th, 2016, 12:16 am

The man growled at her “Oi are you that same girl that stopped me an wondered away with my wallet” Zifor could see that the man seemed to be an overweight fellow who had drank more than his weight in alcohol which, was indeed impressive, But it seemed as if the girl was a common swindler and possibly a pickpocket as well or maybe this man was just too drunk to tell her apart from another woman.

“Well woman huh ? Whatya got ta’say About that ya gonna pay me back” Zifor began walking towards them and called fortune to his side the man looked at her hungrily as if he was about to attack her or “Engage” With unwanted physical contact even a thief didn't deserve to be hassled by this man as he approached Fortune was furrowing her nose in disgust the man Smelled strongly of ale.

The overweight alcoholic moved closer to The girl and belched with his reddened face only a foot away from her the butcher was watching from the window his hand moved for the woman just as Zifor Arrived he snapped his hand onto the drunks wrist and Fortune bared her teeth at the man and let out a bloodthirsty growl.

“I Wouldnt really recommend that my good man, See I've been watching this encounter and it would be a shame for if you touched this woman without a just cause well my Dog here is trained as a war dog Specifically to capture criminals and as you have no proof of any wrongdoing if you had taken justice into your own hand and attempted to punish her you, would in fact be liable to be chased down by my companion here” Nodding to Fortune he smiled and he reached for his magic he stared the man down with as much malice as he could not much but maybe enough paired with his meager skill in hypnotism. "It May be a good idea for you to leave”releasing the power from his magic he continued glaring at the man”Unless you want to get bitten or chased by my dog and trust me,You Dont want to be Bitten” His Second bout of hypnotism hadn’t really been intentional or at least not consciously but zifor had let his glare twist into a crooked smile the power his magic gave him made feel powerful, His head started aching dully near the front of his head but Zifor, as he was not really a scholar of magic was unaware he had put too much Djed into his use of Hypnosis.

The Man seemed frightened to those paying attention although Zifor was not very intimidating at all through his dog’s Growling and his threats paired with the choice words of hypnosis he appeared uneasy he let go of his attempt to reach for the girl and he grumbled at Zifor “She done me wrong boy she needs to make up for it somehow “ Zifor sighed and Just thought to himself (I Really need to work on being more threatening if I want to get to someone so thickheaded), he turned to the woman who had just spared being touched by the man as he wiped his own hand down his pants he spoke to her “Do you even recognize this drunk, Miss?”He hadn't told the man he was a knight or a civilian and he hoped she would at least play along even if she knew otherwise it would help rid them both of this mess.

Common, Hypnotism
|
Zifor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on December 27th, 2016, 10:18 am

Thinking back, she did recognise him. She wasn't sure where from though, but what the man said was probably true. It wasn't as if she would remember the many people who she had conned or stole from.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir." She defaulted to politeness, stepping back from the drunkard who was currently threatening her, as well as he could in his inebriated state of mind.

He continued to move close to her, and she smelt the lingering scent of alcohol that came from him. She stepped backwards quickly, her hand on her dagger inside her cloak, just in case he tried anything.

Roselina jumped slightly as the person who had been in the butchers stepped between her and the man, an angry dog in tow. He proceeded to threaten the drunkard, his words appeared to have some kind of effect on the man, though she didn't see how they would. He didn't seem intimidating at all.

He turned to her,asking her if she recognised the man, which she did. She supposed it would be better for herself in this situation if she lied and told them that she didn't.

"No, i've never seen him before in my life. I have no idea why he threatened me, I have half a mind to tell the knights about him." Her tone turned worried and angry, and her face slightly scared. She wasn't an amazing actor, but she thought that this would do to fool the drunkard, and anyone watching nearby.

She took a step back, just in case the man decided to lunge at her, and rested her hand on her dagger. He appeared as if she could take him, being drunk and seemingly unhealthy, but she would rather not to.

"Sweet Dreams."
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes