[Melissa's Residence]A Journey Outside of Ravok

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Melissa's Residence]A Journey Outside of Ravok

Postby Benare Nitrozian on December 5th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Fall of 88th 516av

Early Morn.

Knock, knock, knock. the thuds were light and they echoed. A man with black greasy hair, tanned skin, and green eyes stood behind the door, awaiting a response.

Benare stood, he wanted an answer, and he didn't want to wait. The Nitrozian had to almost always wait for his father, he needed some money to travel outside of Ravok, and he had to do it soon, before the end of Fall, it was for work. He needed money to travel, and from his earnings of being a mercenary, it wasn't exactly enough.

"Come in." A fairly familiar gruff voice called from behind the other side of the door. Benare smirked and opened the door, he was glad that he answered, and was sure that he'd give him some money, since he doesn't really ask for much any ways.

"Father?" Benare spoke out quietly, as his smirk faded quickly and he pretended to 'behave' as he closed the door gently, the locked clicked and he stood beside the door, against the wall.

"Yes?" The old man replied sternly, taking his eyes off some papers as he put his quill back in it's quill holder and his charcoal aside. "Ben, what do you want?" He asked with a cocked brow, and snorted.

"I need some money." the son replied calmly, and though, he never asked in a genuine manner, he wasn't stern or rough about it either, it was merely soft, and he wondered if it was okay.

"For what reason, may I ask?" The old man spoke. Eyeing Benare once more, his hands cupped together, Benare noticed that his hands were very calloused and almost dry. The Nitrozian swallowed down a gulp of fear before he spoke. He didn't really like confronting his father, and he doesn't really talk to him much of what he does.

"I have to travel... for work..." Benare said sullenly, "I don't know when I'll be back, wondering if I could borrow some Mizas." The mercenary said. Hopefully, negotiating with the man wouldn't be too hard.

"How'd I get my money back?" The old man hissed almost, his teeth clenching, showing some modern yellow hinted in the bones.

"I'll find a way, father." Benare cursed under his breath.
"Make sure you do, otherwise I'll find some way for you. I'll send a guard to pick up the change and transport it to you. Then, I bid you farewell and stay alive on your travels. Make sure, you return safely." The words echoed in Ben's mind, he nodded. "Do you need anything else?"

"No father."
"Off with you then." The old man waved Benare out of the room and the Nitrozian slowly left out of the room and down the corridors to his room. He heard footsteps before rounding a corner, back to his father's office. The door opened, and he was too far to hear it close- he assumed it did.

Fall 89th

"Leaving Ravok."

[Melissa's Residence]

"So you're ready, yes?" The dark haired woman asked Benare, and Damien.
"Yes. I am." Damien replied, he pushed his blonde hair back, as it was in his eyes and he wanted it gone. The Nitrozian adjusted his soldiers suit and cloak, before he placed his pack over his shoulders.

"I guess I'm ready." Benare said, he placed his open hand into his pocket and felt for his coin pouch. Sighing, he was glad that it was still there and he hadn't dropped it on the way to Melissa's house.

"We've arranged a caravan who'd be leaving today. So today's your last chance." Melissa spoke. "Remember, Sahova, check Alvadas if you can, it resides in Kalinor. Most caravans know where it is." She said as she looked at the two. "I wish you best of luck."

The three said their goodbyes and Benare and Damien left Melissa's home ready for their adventure to begin; even though, it had already began for Benare some time ago.

The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets