Lost In The Trees.

Alex unwittingly finds himself in the part of Alvadas which has been converted into falyandr and meets someone who's lot seems to have come up short.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 13th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Timestamp: 24th Winter 516AV

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Humidity. It wasn’t so much hot as it just felt uncomfortably damp. Even now he could feel himself not wanting to be here. Not wanting to be within the confines of this sticky mess of trees. Despite the lurking and lapping waves of the water to his back, the only thing really which was helping his sense of direction lost within this mess. He stepped further in. Partially against his better judgement, subconsciously his hand gripped the hilt of his blade, still within it’s sheath it was merely a comforting mechanism to help him think clearly lost amongst this madness.

His hood down for a change, he didn’t want to get any stickier in this jungle than he had too however he kept his coat on. He never knew what the heck this city would throw at him next and with that in mind he kept himself prepped for anything. The last couple of days alone he’d been thrown into both the desert and the arctic almost back to back. An annoying habit this place had it seemed. He pondered to himself did the city do this to just about everyone or was he a special kind of intruder that it felt justified in harassing?

Still it could have been worse at least the jungle itself wasn’t attacking him like what had happened in the fake Avanthal that he unwittingly stumbled into. Where a monolithic block of ice had tried to run him down. He sifted his footing within the thick treeline hands reaching out to grab the bark and help him steady himself. Then his eyes caught it. A flicker of motion in the distance. Part of his old hunter’s instincts took over. He was however unsure of how well they would translate to this dense of a jungle.

He crouched low his blades scabbards lightly scraping the damp but tightly packed mud that surrounded the thick gripping roots. Like tendrils of bark ready to spring forth from the earth at any given moment. Still he crouched lower still and slipped between the trees steadying his blades he peered around a thick trunk. His vision then caught sight of a person. For that exact moment he was unsure whether or not that was a good thing. However this person didn’t seem fully adapted to this climate… Much like himself sadly it seemed as if they’d gotten lost within the trees too.

Sticking behind the thick trunk he rose to his full height, the coat he wore handing open and the blades within easily spotted. He rounded the tree slowly hands placed lightly on the hilts of both blades. More to rest than be ready to draw them at a moment’s notice. He spoke out his voice light and soft, almost seeming to appear from everywhere at once rather than just his direction.
“Excuse me. You seem a little lost out here. And you don’t exactly look like someone native to the area.”

He called out taking a step closer now allowing the figure, the chance to see the source of the voice.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on December 13th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Timestamp |24th of Winter 516av
Location | Faylandar Region- Alvadas

"Who's going to help you now?" A voice echoed inside her mind, Infilia was long grown tired, and she swore that she was just in a city no less than a few chimes ago. She wondered how long it's been since she's been in this jungle like area. She's never seen trees like this before, she was astonished, nonetheless, she was angry and very very confused. For days, she's been mostly avoiding people here in this place, and she's been trying to find someone who'd help her. She's heard about the rumors. Vantha being hunted, because Morwen isn't taking on her responsibilities. It scared Infilia. She doesn't know where to turn to. Probably by now, the word has spread all around Mizahar. There's no place safe for Infilia to go. She feared if she stayed at whatever residence she could find here in Alvadas, someone would rat her out, and claim she's Vantha.

Considered, she has not been marked by the Goddess of Winter, she still has to be careful, she'd get caught, and the whole city could turn against her with a flick of a finger. She stopped, undressing her Trench Coat, which reveled her flute case and her father's angle knife strapped around her waist, well, her flute case was slung over her shoulder for easy travels. This place didn't look like Avanthal at all, it was hot, humid, and sticky. Unlike the cool, breezy, cold, Avanthal. She rounded a few large trunks and vines, she flinched some as a vine slithered across her back. She turned her head so the back of her eyes could see, she screeched in alarm and pulled out her knife, whilst dropping her coat. The vine dropped, though, this didn't look like a vine to be exact. It was merely, a large snake. Infilia gripped the handle of her father's angle knife tightly, and was certain that she would die. Then, the snake leaped, Infilia screamed, but nothing happened. It disappeared. She looked around startled, wanting to get out of this bloody jungle and back home; back home to her Hold and stay there for the rest of her life. She wanted nothing more than to be safe.

OH why, on Mizahar would she leave?!

She picked up her trench coat and wrapped it around her waist, her hair was wet with sweat. Her eyes were reddened; and dark. Tears slowly filled Infilia's eyes as she wiped them away.

"I must find my way out of this place." Infilia said. "No crying." She told herself and sheathed her father's angle knife back inside it's sheath. She continued, rounding some more trees and avoiding vines. Still, she wondered how long it's been. She stopped once more, taking a drink from her waterskin. She thanked Morwen that she brought it with her, and refilled it. She placed her waterskin back into her pack. After she done so, she suddenly heard a voice. A man's voice, so it seemed. She was curious, but she was timid. She wasn't sure if this was a man to be trusted.

“Excuse me. You seem a little lost out here. And you don’t exactly look like someone native to the area.”

"What say, you?" She best said in common. She knew better than to speak in Vani around the Alvads, it would give her away as a suspect. She took a good hard look as Alex stepped closer, she stepped back herself, keeping some distance.

"No, stay, way." She said tiredly. Waving her hands in protest. She took out her father's angle knife and waved it around, hoping that the man would stay back. "Don't mean you... no harm." She said in broken common. Hoping that the man would understand, her eyes shifted color from red to purple, as she was confused and constantly mixed with other emotions. She hoped better for this man to be an... illusion, then an actual being. It would benefit her greatly. Hopefully... otherwise, she'd be doomed.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 13th, 2016, 6:34 pm

As Alex stepped in closer she recoiled. At least now he could tell the figure was female. Still oddly dressed to be dealing with the weather here, but then again he wasn’t in a place to comment there. Though when she spoke her common was…Less than brilliant. It was enough for him to get his bearings on the situation. She didn’t know what he was saying. To some extent. As much as he half knew what she meant he took another step closer and as he did she waved a hand and then dre a blade from her side.

He gave her a small sharp look. At least from his experience she looked as if she didn’t fully know how to use that weapon but he still didn’t want to chance it. However what he’d caught clean and clear as crystal was the shifting colour of her eyes. The red to purple was fairly hard to miss. He lifted his hands slowly without touching his weapons. He was trying to emphasise the fact he meant no harm at all.

He tried his best to pick his words carefully using short very common words that she may have been able to understand.
“Calm down. I mean no harm too.” His hands raised and open towards her so she could see he held no tricks all of the weapons he carried barring the knife at the back of his waist were all only visible for her to see. “Do you need help?” He asked slowly to try and help get across the point he wasn’t an illusion nor malicious. But again he took another step closer to her. His full height now completely showing the disparity between them over a half a foot in height difference he loomed like a giant.

Yet still his words were soft and even his tone was light. Above everything he didn’t want to raise the tension of the situation. And then he kept his vision locked to her eyes, watching the colours swirl like a never ending stream. Mildly mesmerised he held still, this was his first time seeing something akin to what her eyes were doing and absent-mindedly the word slipped from his mouth. “Beautiful.” He was of course referencing the swirl of colour that flashed across her eyes but he held still now. Allowing her to get her bearings and still wary of the knife. Despite the fact he could have disarmed her without even drawing a weapon but that was beside the point. He didn’t want it to escalate that far.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on December 13th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Timestamp |
Location |

“Calm down. I mean no harm too.” The words repeated in her mind, her eyes still shifting colors. It wasn't anything exactly like a rainbow, but they did seem fierce and all. The Vantha kept a firm shaky grip on her knife. She didn't want to expand this any further; she's already tired and upset as it is. She doesn't need more trouble. She took some heavy breathing, and kept her distance still, from the man.

“Calm down. I mean no harm too.” The man spoke, Infilia looked up to him, her eyes at a still purple hue, she was merely concerned. She didn't know how else to express her behavior. She's gone crazy, no, not yet has she? The Vantha felt like she's been in here forever almost, she was about to break down; her cheeks were red. She was still tired. Probably hungry even. "Don't trust." She said simply, glaring at the weapons at his side. "Why have so many?" She asked, still shaky with her hand. She wiped sweat from her forehead once more.

"Do you need help?” The dark haired man asked. Infilia nodded. She looked up pleadingly at Alex, but she couldn't say anything.

“Beautiful.” The man said aloud. She stepped back, worried that the man would try to subdue her. Hoping that he wouldn't; Infilia's been put up with a lot so far. Morwen. Please help me.She thought to herself, hoping that Morwen would listen to her calls. She stayed quiet and she felt rooted to the floor. She wanted to run, but she didn't want to ruin her chances of living. She nodded. "I know..." She said in her all knowing tone.

"Need help... I do."
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 13th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Alex held in place looking her over his eyes now pulled away from hers as he glanced towards the knife in her hands once again. He could see her hands shaking, it seemed as if his words did little to ease the situation. She clearly was scared, possibly by the situation possibly by the fact he was there. Whichever it was he tried his best to keep her calm and keep the situation under control. Her words then came through again that broken common. She didn’t trust him? Following her eye line it became clear when she mentioned many.

It was the fact he’d approached her armed.
“For protection. Both me and others.” He didn’t approach any further, he could see his presence was upsetting her so instead he backed off taking a couple of steps away. Hands still raised as she said she needed help. She didn’t say anything but he caught the look. One he knew all too well, one he’d caught on the faces of people when their hope was beginning to run low.
“Alright I’ll help you.” He spoke again calmly and trying to be reassuring. His best chance was to try and keep things from escalating. And then she actually said it. She needed help.

He didn’t miss the, I know either. It seemed the distrust was slightly mutual him for having weapons on him and her for having one drawn. As a show of good faith he stepped backwards again. He had no intention of making things worse at least not until he had no other option.
“Please, put the knife away.” He spoke tilting his hand to point toward the knife slightly but far enough back that if things escalated he had a chance at stopping them. “Then we can try to talk.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on December 13th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Timestamp |
Location |

“For protection. Both me and others.” The man said. Infilia nodded, but he doesn't have more than two hands, why hold more? Infilia wondered, of course, Infilia hadn't been involved with much combat, as she didn't feel fit enough to do so. Plus, she focused way too much on her studies on playing instruments and performing.

The Vantha had eventually recovered her footing and adjusted uncomfortably. She looked concerned, and her eyes were still a purple hue. She didn't say anymore.

“Alright I’ll help you.” The words just barely were considered in Infilia's minds. Help her. Who in their right minds would help her, the Vantha are on their own, and their'd probably be no one in reality to help her. She was sure of it. He'd probably just turn her in for the Mizas. Selfish petching fool. Who does this man think he is?

"If you plan... turn me in... better to kill." She said harshly, still unsure of the man's confrontation. She noticed him backing away. He could still throw his dagger, if he really wanted to. For sure, even attempt to attack, but he didn't. "I... I'm sorry." She said in broken common.

“Please, put the knife away.”Infilia registered what he'd said. The knife? She looked down and nearly dropped the blade to the ground- she couldn't realize what she's becoming. She felt truly... mad? “Then we can try to talk.”
"Talk?" She said slowly, curious. Her hands still shaking. She sat down on top of a large log. She didn't know what to say.
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 14th, 2016, 3:07 pm

It was clear to see that she was scared and alone, and that as much as he was trying to settle things calmly he wasn’t sure whether or not it was working. Even when he backed off she seemed to take a more aggressive stance. Almost like any action he took was simply making everything worse. So he stopped taking actions holding perfectly still. However now she spoke her words considerably more serious. And the reason for her fear and trepidation became crystal clear. As well as the reason her common was fractured.

She was a vantha. The realization hit him like a war-hammer to the chest. His arms sunk to his sides slowly. He had no intentions of turning her in. If he did that would mean he’d have to kill someone innocent. And that wasn’t even an option for him. Though as he was about to say something she finally got the fact that she was using the knife as a distance, and almost dropped it before sitting. A little calmer now.

“Don’t say sorry.” He spoke with a soft smoothness to his voice trying to ease things over. “It’s dangerous for you. And you’re scared.” He could still see the fear clearly in her holding sway over her. He kept his hands in view at all times as he stepped a little closer again but much slower this time. “I said I’d help you. Not just out the forest as well.” He offered a small smile of reassurance. He may not be able to hold his own against someone like the “specialized elites” that the season’s personal death squads had hired, but he could at least fend off guards and the common mercs with little effort.

“I said I protect. And you need protecting.” As he spoke he stood taller, keeping an air of almost regality to him his arms folded to show he wasn’t even going to try to reach for a weapon. But he held his eyes on hers. If he couldn’t get what he meant across through words then he’d have to try to get her to understand through his actions. After all actions spoke volumes louder than words.

“I never asked. What’s your name?” His words again chosen to be easily understandable, and he couldn’t help but kick himself that he hadn’t spent more time learning the languages of the world better. It could help him so much yet he never spent any real time doing so.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on December 14th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Timestamp |
Location |

Infilia sat on the log, it was much different than a sofa at home; it was quite uncomfortable. She looked at Alex with concern, her eyes were still a purple hue, and her sniffling stopped, she wiped her eyes. She finally realized; she was tired, and she wanted to go home. She figured though, that the other Vantha hunters would visit Avanthal, and terminate the Vantha and possibly take down Queen Morwen herself, Infilia couldn't bear to watch it. She looked at Alex, and observed him more thoroughly, he was quite tall, ravish in a way even, black hair, fairly tanned skin, muscles, and a soothing voice. She sighed.

Slowly, trying to control her breathing. He said, she didn't need to be sorry. She was acting out of instinct and she almost felt like an animal. She didn't know how to respond to that; especially in Common. She would rather sing to him, what she can instead of talking in Common. The length she had to stride was nearly overwhelming her.

“It’s dangerous for you. And you’re scared.”The man spoke, Infilia looked at him with a simple glare, no emotional expression to match what Alex said, she was unsure what to do. Confused? Her eyes were still a purple hue. She pushed her hair back, it was sweaty, and sticky all at the same time, and it didn't feel soft like it usually does. She wanted to cry, but she held everything together, and she didn't want to show the man her weak side. No matter what Mizahar throws at her, she won't give up, seriously.

"Scared... no... terrified." Infilia responded to Alex's statement, she took a few more breaths, to calm herself. It seemed to be working, but she wasn't sure how long that would last. Infilia doesn't trust men, and especially men that could easily subdue her, but this man seemed... oh what was the word, kind? Helpful?

“I said I’d help you. Not just out the forest as well.”
"Help." She nodded glumly, slowly she spoke, she was still uncertain of this man with black hair. She looked at her flute case, and continued to hold everything together.
“I said I protect. And you need protecting.”
"Thanks." She smiled weakly, and looked at Alex, her eyes shifting from purple to platinum, maybe silvery like color to ones eyes, but she was slowly becoming content around this man, but she still didn't trust him fully.

“I never asked. What’s your name?”Manners, at least that was a start, it's been so long since she had a normal conversation, and she was glad that the caravan hadn't turned her in whence she came from Avanthal.
"Infilia." She pronounced each syllable slowly, so that Alex could understand. "What- what your name?"
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 14th, 2016, 5:48 pm

It was clear especially to him she was barely holding herself together. He knew all too well of how people acted when they felt that dense of dread and fear creeping up on them. He could hear her breathing shift from that erratic frightened sharpness to something slower and more controlled. His hands reached up to his hand and swept his own hair out of his face. Granted it was a subtle motion but enough to set someone already on edge off. He hoped it wouldn’t though especially as she was seemingly doing the same.

When she finally calmed herself enough to respond he simply nodded. She had every right to be terrified. Every validation to be utterly desperate. It was strange. Without the armour he normally worse people were much warier around him. Perhaps it was the sheer fact that without it he just looked like a simple man carrying an arsenal. With it he held some air of authority. Perhaps he needed to work on. Perhaps he needed to get that sense of regality that feeling of giving strength back.

He could see everything pained upon her face. It was like watching a canvas shift to fit the mood it was trying to get across. And the way her eyes shifted to match the feeling it was as if without saying a word she was conveying what she felt deeply. Alex just wished he had some kind of similar ability that he might be able to show to others that they needn’t be afraid. And the thing that snapped him out of his stupor of thinking was a simple word. “Thanks” that one word alone drew his attention back from his ruminations.

He caught the small smile and again that deep seeded feeling flared. He needed to protect them. Not just her but every Vantha he could. Every single one that crossed his path he’d draw his blade to protect. He caught her name as she finally gave it. Infilia. A name somehow melodic.

“My name is Alex.” His words again were slow and measured. “Nice to meet you, Infilia” He managed to get the words out slowly or at least slow enough for her to register fully what he was saying. Again kicking himself that he hadn’t learnt more languages. “We need to get out of here.” He said calmly looking around, jungles meant wild animals and in this particular city where the city itself seemed to attack people he wasn’t sure how vicious they’d be towards a Vantha.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lost In The Trees.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on December 14th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Timestamp |
Location |

“My name is Alex.”
"Alex." She repeated to herself aloud, trying to think of what it meant. At least the talking was starting to calm her down; she was still so mixed with other emotions. She didn't really see how she could possibly take control of her emotions, she hoped to find some way to aid her in that situation, and to solve.
“Nice to meet you, Infilia." Alex spoke. Infilia studied the man, and looked at him once more. He didn't look to pleased, but he looked passionate, and that seemed to agree with Infilia.
"Meet you to, nice." She said in reply in Common. Oh she wished she studied it more with the other Snowsongs. She would've gotten better at it, but no, her being stubborn, she wasn't likely to learn it as quick.

At least, she payed as much attention when she could do, fortunately. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been able to meet this... Alex. “We need to get out of here.”

She remembered the snake that had attacked her. "Long thing.... gross. Attack." Infilia said, her eyes shifting into many arrays of colors. "Show... me way..." Infilia asked in an awkward manner, her best in Common didn't seem like the best. She picked up her trench coat once more and followed Alex through the jungle. Tripping over vines sometimes, and stumbling over rocks, she did her best to keep close to the Man. "Seen others..." She asked Alex, its probably something uncomfortable to talk about, but Infilia must make sure that the rest of her people are safe.
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next