Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 4:01 am

Shane had thought hard about his answer, unsure how to explain. As he opened his mouth to speak an awful ringing noise filled his ears, the deafening noise causing him to flinch. It was as if something inside of him was trying to stop him from speaking. He did his best not to show his discomfort and began to speak again, eventually causing the noise to die back down. From what he could tell she had not heard it. "I don't really know. I can't remember anything prior to my 17th birthday... At least I think it was my 17th. Maybe 18th..." he stared blankly at the ground for a moment, trying to remember. It was painful knowing that he could nit remember anything from his childhood. He raised his head.  "The only thing I DO know is that I'm not from here"he waved his arms in a circle to indicate the entirety of the wilderness.

The boy sat down on the flood of the tent, one leg crossing over the other in an Indian fashion. There was another period of silence where nothing could be heard but the burning of the candle and the winds that blew past the tent.  "Well... I'm assuming that you have no permanent location right now. I wish I could offer you a more spacious living arrangement, but I did not think I would be having guests. Of course, I was planning on moving into the city until spring came. Maybe I could help you find a job and get you settled in somewhere. Although... To be fair, I don't have much of a clue when it comes to either of those things... Of course I wouldn't mind having some company during my stay in the city..." He quickly looked away, embarrassed at what he had proposed.
"Which path will you take?." Asked the Wolf
"the path of needles or the path of pins?"

"I guess I'll take the path of needles," the little girl replied.

"Then I'll take the path of pins and we'll see who gets there first"
Shane Blackridge III
Sandvich and I are coming for you!

Words: 33211
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 4:13 am

Leyley noticed Shane was about to say something and then stopped, as if something was stopping him from saying something. She was about to ask what was wrong but then he spoke. Though, what he said surprised her. He couldn't remember anything before his 17th or 18th birthday. Had an accident happened? An accident bad enough that he wanted to forget what happened? Leyley couldn't tell and she shrugged it off. Whatever it was, it wasn't her problem and it would be rude to just ask anything about it anyway.

Leyley looked away for a moment, thinking and then Shane spoke again. Meeting his gaze as he spoke, she grew disappointed that he wanted to leave for the city. Did that mean she wouldn't be able to see him again? Then his offer for her to accompany him, surprised her. It seemed that it surprised him as well, that he asked. Leyley smiled n response, "I'd love to stay with you," she said. She looked away, just realising how that could sound to him. She felt the heat of a blush on her face and she hoped that he wouldn't notice it... or woudn't think too much of it.
Leyley August
Player

Words: 23857
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 10:41 am
Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 4:38 am

Shane smiled brightly as he heard Leyley's response and the reaction that followed. He was glad that she had agreed to his request, yet he wasn't exactly sure why this made him so... Jubilant. Was it the idea of having a companion with him during the stay in the city, or was it something more? Shane quickly quelled the thought. Yet he couldn't stop feeling that there was something ready bonding between the two of them. Whether that was some sort of close relationship or just good friendship was the question. Shane wasn't a strong believer of love at first sight, but the more he thought about it the more the idea interested him. But he stopped himself short knowing that it was impolite to force such a thing on her after they had just met. It went against his morals. He would have to think on it when he got the chance.

"It's getting late. We should probably call it a night. We've got a long day ahead of us if we want to reach the city by sundown. If you'd like, you can sleep in the bedroll. I'll be fine sleeping in my wolf form" he said, his voice gentle as to not disrupt the peace inside the tent. He began to take off his shirt, exposing the olive colored flesh to the cold air. His body was riddled with many scars and markings that had faded over the years to silvery scars that glimmered in the candlelight. "Ummm... Could you look away for one second?" he asked once he remembered that there was another in the room. Once he was sure that she wasn't looking he quickly unclothed himself and shifted into his wolf form, his pearly white fur puffed up in preparation for a cold night. He whined to signal that he was done and padded over to a corner of the tent and rested his head on his paws, watching the girl as she herself prepared for bed.

OOC//: After your post imma jump to the next morning, if that's alright with you.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 4:57 am

Leyley said nothing, then when Shane spoke again, she looekd back up at him. Sleeping sounded great to her right now, though as he said she could sleep in the bedroll and he'd sleep in his wolf form, she began to protest. Yet, as he peeled his shirt off, Leyley came at a loss for words. Before she knew it, her eyes were taking in his bare chest and the scars which riddled his body. Though, as he spoke again, reality slammed back into her.

Turning away, she felt her face grow hotter. This was just ridiculous. how could she be feeling like this for him when she barely knew him? As she waited, she pushed all thoughts of Shane away and thought about anything and everything else. As his whine came in response telling her he was finished, she turned around. Her eyes grazed over his wolf form. As he had said earlier, his fur was like hers, though he was all white, whereas she had silvery grey fur in places. She stood up and looked at him for a moment, hesitating, then she walked over to the bed roll and got ready for bed. Once she was ready, she glanced at Shane and in a soft voice, said, "good night.. Shane," it felt different, yet.. right, saying his name. She couldn't explain it, but it was as if she was meant to meet him and become closer to him.. Of some sort..

OOC: sure.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 11:40 am

The night came and went like the wind, and when Shane opened his eyes he could see the interior of the tent without the need to light the lantern. It was a very dim light that shone through the tent walls, but it was enough of an indication for Shane that it was morning. He silently rose to his feet and stretched out his limbs before changing back into his human form. His bare body shivered uncontrolabbly until he had properly clothed himself something he disliked about his human form. His blood was much warmer than that of normal humans, yes, but it wasn't enough to protect him from the harsh winter weather. The boy turned his attention to Leyley who slept peacefully in the bedroll. She looked so peaceful, so serene in her sleep it made him smile. He'd let her rest for a little longer while he prepared breakfast. After grabbing his bag and taking one last glance at the girl sleeping in his tent, he went out into the winter wonderland.

The world outside was coated in a thick layer of snow, huge clumps of it clinging to the treetops. The sun had not yet poked its head over the horizon, yet a dim, blue light
managed to illuminate the forest while a fine mist helped to conceal it. Shane opened up his pack and removed the leftovers from last night that still seemed edible. He had more raw meat along with the already cooked meet from the night before that he could reheat for breakfast. He started his little fire and began busily roasting the slabs of meat while he formulated a plan for today's trip. He recalled a very busy city somewhere to the west that was populated mostly by humans. He had gone there last year and had enjoyed the fine arts and crafts there. It seemed to be the most well known town seeing as how many people populated it. It would be best to head there he decided before taking a bite of cooked beef, the smell now filling the air around him. He hoped it would wake the she-wolf inside.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 11:58 am

Leyley awoke shortly after Shane had arrived abck at the campsite. Pushing herself upright and stretching, she wondered if everything from last night had been a dream. Yet, as she took in her surroundings, she knew it wasn't. The smell of cooked meat came to her and she glanced at the tent enterance. Standing up, she tidied the bedroll to how it had been last night before she ahd slept in it. With a light sigh, she walked voer and gently pushed the flap away and she looked over at Shane. Didn't seem like he ahd noticed her yet. Leyley smiled at the thought. Wasn't often you surprised a Kelvic, well atleast a wolf or dog Kelvic anyway. Even in human form.

Walking silently over to him, though unintentionally. Stopping behind him, just shy of his side, she leaned down and looekd at Shane with a small smile, "morning," she said. Her silver hair fell over her golden yellow eyes and she glanced away for a moment and then sat next to him, though keeping some space between them. Though she did feel comfortable around Shane, they had only met last night and she didn't completely trust him. For now it would be better this way. No matter what her heart told her to do, her mind said otherwise. And with all the trouble following her heart had done, she tended to follow her mind now..
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Shane looked up at Leyley and returned the smile, sliding over to allow her more space. "Good morning to you too." he replied, still cooking the meat over the fire. They sat together in silence, the crackling fire and morning bird calls the only sounds that could be heard. He handed several pieces of the cooked meat to the girl, saying nothing as he ate his own. There was something Bout Leyley that made him think that she did not trust him. Of course this was understandable, but he felt distant from her at the moment. It had been years since he had been with a female and he felt so alien to her. Perhaps in due time they would better understand each other."So... I thought we'd head due west to a city I spent last winter In, Stygian was it?" he aimlessly poked at the ground with the charred stick, breaking the ends off.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked sincerely. Truth be told he had struggled to fall asleep for the first hour, his mind still focused on their... Relationship, yet he managed to fall asleep after the wind had died down and the tent was less noisy. He looked forewords to sleeping in an actual bed, wrapped up in a warm blanket or reading a book by the fire. He sighed happily at the thought. He much preferred the city life to the country. He was a city boy. He felt safer when he was behind the stone walls, as if nothing could harm him. Of course he'd like to disregard the crimes that go on inside the towns, but it was something he had grown to accept.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Leyley silently took the meat which Shane offered her. She was grateful for him to allow her to stay with him ad she hoped in due time she would grow to trust him. The was true. She'd like to get to know him more as well, and maybe stay with him. But it just depended. On a lot of things. Leyley glanced at Shane as he spoke and she nodded lightly. She didn't really mind where they went. She never stood out wherever she went anyway so it didn't matter. Small crowds or large crowds, as long as she was safe and didn't have to harm anyone.

Leyley looekd at Shane when he asked whether or not she slept well. She hadn't expected that. Leyley nodded, "yes, I did. Thank you for letting me use your bed roll and for eltting me stay with you" she said. She meant t too. She had never been one to say something if she didn't mean it... usually anyway. It was then that the smell of two wolves came to her. As she changed to her wolf form, thankful that the clothes were too big so they didn't tear. Crawling out of them and shaking her fur, she smelt hostility. Both males. They weren't Kelvics. She could tell that much. No smell of human at all clung to them. They barged through the bushes, snarling, growling, jaws snapping and looking very pissed. no, they looked more like they were males wanting a female.

Leyley growled at the thought and watched as they circled the campsite. It was obvious this wasn't for discussion. And running was out of the question, as one wolf covered one side each and they looked strong and fast at the same time.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Shane grinned at heras she thanked him for his hospitality. "Oh it's nothing, really. Besides, It's always nice to have visitors". After he had finished his breakfast he got up to go begin packing when he caught glimpse of something moving in the brush. He walked closer to investigate. What he found did not please him. Two huge bundles of fur burst from the bushes and nearly toppled him onto the ground, their sights obviously set on his new friend. He couldn't just stand there gaping like an idiot, so he dashed at one of the wolves approaching the transformed Leyley, tackling him to the ground in a flurry of of snow, kicking and scratching at each other's belly. Shane was at a serious disadvantage seeing as how his human form was not suited for this kind of abuse. The wolf was thrashing wildly and eventually landed a blow of the boy's face, 3 long slash marks down his cheek to his chin. He shouted in pain and rebutted with a strong thrust of his hand. He felt solid bone as he hit, the wolf whimpering and trying to wriggle from underneath him. Adrenaline pumped through his veins and his rage grew to a frightening height. He punched the wolf again, this time in the head, and felt the wolf slip out from underneath him.

His heart beat rapidly in his ears, his breath heavy and uncontrolled. He pulled the dagger out and walked over to the wolf, the small weapon held firmly in his hands. The wolf was still staggering from the blow he had landed and provided the perfect opportunity for a final blow. Yet, Even as the anger filled him, he could bring himself to kill the wolf. He just couldn't. He dropped the dagger to the floor and watched the furry beast run back into the forest. But he still couldn't rest. He whipped around to find the other wolf already assaulting the girl. Shane began to sprint towards her before feeling an awful cramp in his abdomin. He looked down and saw a large gSh similar to the one on his face that had ripped through his t-shirt. Struggle all he wNted, he wasn't able to get to her. Yet he did his best. All he could do know was to watch and hope for the best.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 12th, 2011, 12:11 am

Leyley was surprised as Shane went after one wolf and she watched as they fought. Then the other wolf was upon her. She growled in rage and swiveled from underneath him. She saw wild rage and lust which swam in his eyes as he tried to grab hold of her. Yet, she wouldn't have it. Using her forpaws to shove him away, she stood up again. Before the wolf had time to regain balance, Leyley tackled him to the ground. Lashing out with her jaw, she bite his leg, hard enough to draw blood and so he'd be injured enough so he wouldn't be able to fight to his fulledt. He pushed her away and she snarled at him. Yet she was fast to regain balance. The two lunged at eachother.

The two wolves aimed for eachothers' throats and Leyley was successful, but thankfully, due to her thick, long coat, he couldn't find hers. Leyley knew she could kill him with the grip she had on him. Yet she couldn't. She couldn't kill it. Throwing the wolf away with amazing strength, she snarled at it. Hearing the whimper of defeat, Leyley sat back and watched as it scurried away to find it's male friend.

Leyley's golden eyes met Shane's blue eyes for a moment, before she went over and grabbed hold of the clothes that she had worn before. Walking into the tent, she quickly changed abck to her human form and slipped the clothes on, wiping away any blood which may be there. But luckily, there was none. She walked back out and looked at Shane, "sorry about that. It happens alot," she said, and it was the truth. Those sort of things did happen alot.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext