Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 9th, 2011, 7:51 am

with a long stick in hand, Shane poked aimlessly at the ash that formed at the bottom of his pathetic fire pit. The fire itself was not all that impressive either, seeing as how he had next to no skill in such a field. But alas, he had managed to make a somewhat suitable campfire that he could warm himself with. He sat on a old tree stump that was well within the circle of orange light emanating from the fire, the heat happily reaching his chilled skin. He both dreaded and loved winter. He enjoyed the snow that it brought, and truth be told he would graciously take the freezing winter nights than have to suffer through a hot summer day, but the cold winds were growing much stronger and he wasn't sure how long it would be before he would have to steal away into a nearby town. A cloud of hot breath escaped his breath and momentarily fogged his vision. "Just have to hold out" He mumbled to himself. Shane wasn't ignorant. He knew that he would have leave soon. If not because of the winter-y weather, then maybe last night's encounter with the hunters would convince him. He had really bit the arrow.

The boy stretched his limbs and reached for his rucksack. From it he pulled several slabs of meat from his recent kill. Cooking was another one of his weaker skills. Of course he could make basic meals and live mostly off the raw meat from the neighboring animals, but nothing fancy. He spitted the slabs of meat on the aforementioned stick and let suspended it over the meager flames. The mouthwatering scent wafted in the air around him and hypnotized the young Kelvic, his mind not set on the fact that he was most likely attracting every creature in the forest. Then again, he did not have much to worry about, seeing as how he had already marked his territory moments ago.

Shane brought the stick closer to him and inspected the meat, a small grin spreading across his face once he was satisfied with the result. He pulled off a piece and tossed it into his awaiting mouth, letting his tastebuds celebrate. A moan of pleasure escaped him and he took another slab. It had been a long time since he had had a cooked meal (or even a warm one for that matter) and it felt wonderful to have his belly heated by his hot meal. but he didn't enjoy it for long, for he had heard the rustling of leaves nearby. His canine senses caught this and caused him to go into a defensive mode, his hand automatically placing itself on his dagger. He was practically defenseless in his human form since he had no prior experience with weapons. He debated with himself on whether to shift into his animal form and risk meeting another hunter, or stay in his human form and get mauled by an animal. he chose the latter. "Who's there? Show yourself!"
Last edited by Shane Blackridge III on January 9th, 2011, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Which path will you take?." Asked the Wolf
"the path of needles or the path of pins?"

"I guess I'll take the path of needles," the little girl replied.

"Then I'll take the path of pins and we'll see who gets there first"
Shane Blackridge III
Sandvich and I are coming for you!

Words: 33211
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 9th, 2011, 8:54 am

Paws buried themselves amongst the snow as she walked silently through the area. Her ears flicked in every direction they could, taking in sounds of nearby and faraway animals alike. Her ears picked up the sound of a alrge bird taking off atop of her and then snow plummeted to the ground, straight atop of her. Managing to dig her way out, Leyley shook the excess snow from her thick, white Winter coat. Her golden eyes scanned the perimeter when she picked up the scent of a territory marked by another wolf. Her breath came in hot, white clouds as her already heightened senses became alert.

The scent of fire wafted to her nose and she stopped mid-stride. Cooked food from the same direction smashed into her and her fur bristled. The scent of a wolf's territory marking and then cooked food, obviously from a human.. Was it another Kelvic like her? Or was it simply a coincedence that a wolf and human was in the same area? Either way, Leyley decided to ignore the markings and she leapt into a light, silent run, towards the smell of food. Though she had raw food from hunting, the smell of cooked food was too tempting to ignore. This was why she had changed to her wolf form. To smell for any available food, otherwise she would have stayed in her human form. Though, now straying far from where she left her clothes and everythin else, she wouldn't be able to change back.. Unless she wanted to be naked.

As the scent of food loomed closer and the heat from the fire, warmed her thick coat, Leyley's strides slowed a considerable amount to a mere wak. No use being caught whilst planning to steal food. She wandered closer and as the brightness of the flames caught her eye she stopped for a moment. Sniffing the air, trying to get past the smell of cooked food, fire and ash, she smelt human.. and wolf? Maybe it was another Kelvic. That, or the wolf had been here beforehand. Either way, Leyley slid into a walk again. Hiding behind bushes, she eyed a human, cooking meat. Though it wasn't the best, she'd take what she could. Then she made a wrong move. Accidentally stepping closer to the bushes, they rustled and alerted the human.. Though the sound was slight, he had heard it anyway. He must be Kelvic.. Well Leyley hoped so anyway. As the human, male by what she could see and smell, swung around, standing and asked whow as there, Leyley growled lightly.

She didn't wanted to go out. No. Her plan was ruined now, all because of a stupid mistake.. Should she just turn back? Leave this human in peace and maybe come back later, whilst he was sleeping? Leyley snarled at the thought. Though others would do whatever means nessessary, she wouldn't do that. She stepped through the bushes, thick coat collecting dead leaves which clung to the bushes. Shaking them off, she looked up at the male and growled at him, teeth bared. Growing up with humans, she had never been very good at telling who was human or Kelvic, but the smell of human and wolf alike clung strongly to this male. he just had to be another like her. Leyley fell silent and she relaxed slightly, though still uncertain. Sitting down, posture tense and ready to attack, she looked up at the male then at the cooked meat.
Leyley August
Player

Words: 23857
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 10:41 am
Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 9th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Shane tried to catch the scent of the wolf, but his nostrils were already filled with the hypnotizing smell of cooked food. His eyes told him that it was just a wolf trying to get a late night snack, but something inside of him (he dared call it "Instinct") told him that this was no ordinary wolf. Something about the stranger made it seem more civilized then that of animals he had met in the forest. Perhaps he could befriend the creature and persuade it to stay with him, it did get lonely at times and Shane craved a companion. He slowly walked towards the pearly wolf and spoke softly in his animal tongue. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. Here." He extended a piece of meat towards the newcomer, his eyes soft and inviting. He slowly began to step backwards, hoping that it would tempt the wolf to come closer into his territory. A raven squawked nearby and made his fall backwards, startled by the sudden sound. He hoped his spastic action did not scare away the wolf. He collected himself and tried again, throwing a piece of meat at the canine's feet and waited for it's reaction.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 10th, 2011, 1:16 am

Leyley watched as the male as he walked towards her and then speak in the animal tongue. It was then that she knew this male was Kelvic. Or atleast part. As he extended some cooked meat, she tried to make a grab for it. Yet, he stepped back, closer towards the fire. Should she trust him? Was there any reason not to? Standing up and shaking off the snow, Leyley followed the male closer towards the fire. Then he moved suddenly. Leyley hadn't expected the movement, and out of instinct, she growled at him, lips curling to show her white teeth. Yet, as he corrected himself and made no more moves, she relaxed. Though her canines stayed bared. Meat was thrown at her paws and she relaxed even more. Maybe he was a nice person. Reaching down, keeping an eye on the male, she snapped up the meat. Afterwards, she straightened herself and took a few steps closer and then sat down, looking for some type of blanket or cloth she could hide under and then change to her human form. She'd never been in her wolf form for so long before and she wanted to show this male so he didn't get confused incase he wasn't Kelvic. Whether or not he made her leave afterwards wasn't her concern.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 10th, 2011, 2:49 am

Shane smiled at the wolf as she accepted the gift and came closer to his domain. So far so good. He sat down on his stump and pulled out several more pieces of meat and began roasting the new batch, tossing his earlier slice halfway between himself and the animal. The wind was picking up again and Shane felt a chill run down his spine. Perhaps it was time to retire into the tent. Nah, I'll wait a little. Besides, I've made a new friend today He though quietly to himself. He took another bite of beef before throwing another one towards the she-wolf, accompanying it with a warm smile. "You know little friend, you and I have the same color fur" he stated in an attempt to make light conversation. It was at least nice to have someone to listen.

A large gust of wind of wind shook the trees around them and extinguished the small campfire, the small camp ground suddenly void of any light. The boy hastily jumped to his feet and reached into his bag, pulling out a lantern, flint, and steel. After a few tries he managed to light the lantern and filled a small space with dim light. Thankfully, he could still make out the wolf's outline. He quickly grabbed his backpack and the remaining meat and threw them inside the small tent bordering the clearing. the boy opened up the flap and revealed it's somewhat furnished interior consisting of a bedroll, an insect repelling candle resting on a log he had rolled inside,and a pair of folded clothes nestled into a corner of the tent. "go ahead and make yourself at home, I'll be back in a little bit. I have... a few things to take care of". And with that he dashed into the woods to relieve himself.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 10th, 2011, 4:39 am

Leyley gladly took the meat the male offered her and then the light went out. Luckily, her eye sight could see fine in the night. As she watched the male light another fire, she laid down, head resting on her paws. Would she have to stay in her wolf form until she left this male? After a few, long moments he walked to his tent and Leyley followed him. Pushing her head through the flap, she looked at the interior.. It was rather well prepared.

It was then that the mlae spoke again and she looked up at him and watched as he dashed off. With the information he had given a little while ago about his fur being the same colour as hers, she could clarify he too, was a Kelvic. Leyley walked inside the tent and she looekd at the clothes. She wanted to show him she was one too. But, could she just use the clothes without asking? Oh well, he probably wouldn't mind. Anyway, she'd find out doon enough. Padding over to the clothes she changed back to her human form. Then changing into the clothes, she pulled her silvery hair out from the shirt, which was too big for her, but it didn't show anything thankfully.

She ran a hand lightly through her long hair and then wrapped her arms around herself and waited for the male to come back. Whether or not he recognised her would be something different, but her hair was bascally the same as her fur colour, just more silvery grey. Yet her eyes were the same. He should notice. Suddenly a yawn hit her and she covered her mouth with a hand and then stretched. It must be late by now. He had taken quite a while actually. Wonder if something happened to him.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 10th, 2011, 4:48 pm

After a much needed bathroom break, Shane traveled back to his little shelter, his lantern held firmly out in front of him. The weak light could light 2 tail lengths ahead of him before being devoured by the pitch black darkness that surrounded him. The little lantern began to squeak as the wind blew it back and forth, an unnerving sound that quickly became annoying. Shane began to think about the wolf. There was something awfully peculiar about that animal. He had never met a forest animal that was as "friendly" as this one was. Even when he talked to other wolves they seemed to shun him away, like he was a bad curse. From this Shane came out with two different answers. 1. That it was someone's hunting dog that was disowned, or 2. It was another shapeshifter. Perhaps it was both. Maybe it was ne-

Shane slammed into the ground and felt a wave of pain run through his body and the lantern flew out of his hand. A groan escaped his lips and he turned over on his back to see who or what had tripped him. He felt something as he shifted his feet. Upon closer inspection he found a small tangle of vines that were wrapped around his foot. After a few good pulls the vines gave way and Shane jumped to his feet, frantically looking for the lantern. He found it nestled amongst the roots of a nearby tree, the glass only slightly cracked from the fall. Suddenly something caught his attention. A smell. It was similar to the wolf's but it contained something else. He sniffed. Human? He sniffed again. Definitely human. The boy crouched down and put out the light, using his sense of smell lead him. He sat still for a moment and allowed his eyes to adjust to the darkness as to not have another accident. He silently snuck across the silent tangle of trees as the scent grew stronger and stronger as he got closer to his camp ground. Did somebody invade his territory while he was gone? His pace quickened until he came to the edge of the clearing where his tent stood silently.

He lit his lantern and held it out in front of him, trying to find the intruder. After several minutes of searching he could find nothing, but the scent was still strong. Displeased with his results he searched the campground once more, exploring every nook and cranny he could see. Still nothing. In his Human form he could not pinpoint the scent to an exact location, and it was driving him mad. He turned to the tent, the last place the intruder could be hiding. He unsheathed the dagger from his belt and crept towards his tiny shelter his lantern shining brightly against the sides of the tent. He wanted whoever was inside to know there was nowhere else to hide. He violently pulled the flap back and froze at the sight of the young girl in her clothes, the long silvery hair hanging down over her back, and the glowing yellow eyes staring up at him and paralyzed him from the neck down. He stood there in silence, a slight blush upon his cheeks until he could recollect his thoughts. Was she the wolf he had saw earlier, or the intruder? There was only one way to find out. In a stern voice he asked in his animal tongue, “Are you one who lives as beast and man?” he asked sidestepping into the tent.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 2:12 am

Leyley was growing restless the longer the male took. Maybe she should just leave? Had he purposely left to just leave her here, waiting for him? She growled at the mere thought of it. If that was it, she would hunt down the male and injure him, possibly even kill him. Though she didn't like the sound of that, she knew it was her wolf in her talking like that. After a while she started to grow tired and nodding off, when a sound of something, or someone falling not too far away. She became alert at the thought of someone else other then the male n this territory.

Leyley recoiled at the thought of that too. She wanted just the male? Also the wolf. Had to be. She had only been with him for, like, 10minutes. Light was cast over the area and she could smell the male from before and she relaxed. Though she didn't know what was going on, she just waited. A long time passed, and she wondered whether or not to go out and see what was wrong.. But could she? Leyley shook her head and merely waited where she was.

As the male neared the tent, she sensed hostility and Leyley tensed. It was because she had changed, he thought someone else was here. That was it wasn't it? Shaking the thought away, Leyley watched as his hand curled around the flap enterance and violently pull it open. Then, as his gaze ested upon her, she noticed him freeze. As if paralyzed. Maybe he really was just a human.. Then he spoke again, asking if she was one who lived as beast and amn. Leyley cringed at the sterness in his voice and she looked away for a moment. Had she done something wrong? Leyley looked back at the male and nodded lightly, "yes, I am. I go by the name of Leyley Agust and I am the wlf you saw earlier," her voice was like silk, though had a delicate kind of way to it. As if it could easily break. It was like her, with her small and petite size.

It was obvious in the way she spoke, sat and even the look in her eyes, that she wasn't on to challenge. She was quite the opposite. Leyley had always been more of the submissive type, even when she was a young child.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 11th, 2011, 2:34 am

Shane released the breath he had been holding in, his worries quelled as her soft voice assured him that she was indeed a Kelvic. But where did he go from there? He put his dagger back into his pocket and stood there staring at the girl, his eyes fixed to her face. It had been a while since he had seen a human up close and he took this opportunity to study the specimen. He did not realize, however that his blush had brightened and was more clearly visible. A strange, lifting sensation began to form in his stomach before he realized what was happening. He quickly recovered and tried to change the subject hastily.

"Well, Leyley, It's a pleasure to meet you. You'll have to excuse me, I haven't seen a human in quite a long time." He smiled and lit the candle behind him and hung the lantern on a small hook in the ceiling in one smooth movement. "My name is Shane. Shane Michael Blackridge the Third. Quite a mouthful, I know." He struggled to find a topic of speech. He was still trying to recover from the encounter, and it had happened so abruptly that he wasn't really sure what to do."Soooo... Leyley... where are you from?"

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Mr. Moon and Me [Leyley]

Postby Leyley August on January 11th, 2011, 2:50 am

Leyley looked up at the male as he came closer to her, studying her. Was she really that interesting? She noticed his face going red due to a blush. The silence passed between them and then the male spoke. Explaning that he hadn't seen another human for quite some time and then he introduced himself. Shane Michael Blackridge the Third. Yes, it was a bit of a mouthful but it wasn't too hard to remember.

More silence passed between them. Thick and heavy and then, Shane broke the silence again and asked where she was from. Leyley shrugged and glanced away for a moment before looking back at him, 'i'm not sure. I grew up with humans, who didn't really live in any place for too long..." she said and then trailed off, looking away, "i'm sorry.. I'm not really used to talking about it," How could she explain that when she first changed into a wolf she killed many people and then had to run away.. She'd never spoken about her past to anyone before and it felt uncomfortable doing so.

After a few moments of silence she asked, "what about you? Where did you come from?" she was quite curious about Shane and wanted to know more about him to longer time she spent with him.. Was that natural?
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Next