The Mercs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

The Mercs.

Postby Ivan on January 9th, 2011, 8:44 am

alright, i actually want to get this thing set up. I've talked to just about everyone in chat but none ous seem to be on at the same time, and im not comfortable with posting for us in the Consortia untill we all speak to eachother as a group. I want feed back from everyone- where do you want to go, what do you want to learn, how long will you stay with us? What plans would you like to see carried out in the future? Will our group even work well togeather? we'll find out soon enough.

Everyone else, please join in. Give us ideas, explore the idea of hired hands. We can't work for ourselves (technically). I really enjoy this idea and now that im back from my unexpected "vacation" im going to push for this to work from every possible angle. i'd like to iron out everything we can here and now, right at the begining. That way we dont have trouble later. I'd also like any mods to voice opinions, its always nice to have the approval of those who tell the tales that we act out.
Beast, Man, Or God, I Know Of Nothing That Survives A Severed Head!

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Words: 27113
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

The Mercs.

Postby Triniel on January 9th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Well for starters, you might want to explain what 'The Mercs' is, and how they operate. You also might want to give some detail about them. Reading this, all I could think was who are the Mercs? Just my two mizas. :D

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)

The Mercs.

Postby Ivan on January 10th, 2011, 1:25 am

What we are (or what we will be), is a bunch of hired blades. We are not evil and we are not good. We are killers, thieves, bandits, and body guards. It does not matter if we are paid by a merchant to protect his daughter, or by a criminal to kill her. The moralistic may hate us eventually, but we are just trying to get by. The hunting of people is our main profession, i think, but what ever the person who pays us tells us to do will likely get done. Bounty hunting (when pain gets to it, i think he is working on that) and slaving is also part of the Master Plan. We are a small military force that anyone with enough coin can employ.

I hope that answers your question, and if you want a list of who is in the group look at my scrap book, its the last post i made. Said scrapbook: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6719.html

Any and all other questions are welcome. they bring me that much closer to making this happen. i also hope i did not confuse anyone, some times my mind gets a bit hazy...

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

The Mercs.

Postby Thunder on January 12th, 2011, 12:14 am

Sounds good. Lettuce Leaf.
"You see the world a lot differently from down here"
Thunder
The little flying man.

Words: 9055
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2010, 4:04 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

The Mercs.

Postby Coba on January 12th, 2011, 1:39 am

I second that motion.

Sounds good to me, Ivan.

No one in the group is over 5'8, are they? :P

I would like Coba to get into all sorts of developmental trouble.

Lots of it.

- Coba
Coba
Let it burn.

Words: 35451
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2010, 12:35 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

The Mercs.

Postby Adder on January 12th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I'm a merc in Sunberth, hop on by to visit, maybe Adder 'll join you if possible
Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things right!
Adder
a viper in the sand

Words: 35790
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2010, 1:49 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

The Mercs.

Postby Jason Luntilla on January 12th, 2011, 11:12 pm

So, I have this gut feeling that I'm going to be the moral compass of this group, not so much because of being good, but because though effective he's Naive. Culture shock is expected, as is being corrupted by people. I wouldn't mind picking up Jobs from the Konti or some of the more exotic races in Mizahar.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

The Mercs.

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 13th, 2011, 6:05 am

Well, I have to tell you, this actually seems promising. Sasin is definitely not joining you as a member, since he doesn't do well with people telling him what to do, but as an ally...

Let's just say that Sasin believes in criminals who stick together. I intend for my character to end up as a sort of information broker, so he might be someone you'd want to have in your contact book. Just a suggestion.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Mercs.

Postby Ivan on January 13th, 2011, 8:18 am

Yo, we need to have a name besides just " The Mercs". im putting The Mercennariorum Imperium up for discussion, because it hints at The Master Plan, but i am very open to everyone else's thoughts! please respond with relitive quickness though, im applying for the Consortia. of course in conversation we'd just shorten it to The Imperium, i'd think, but the above would be like a propper name.

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

The Mercs.

Postby Thunder on January 13th, 2011, 10:34 pm