The meeting of searchers (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on January 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Season of Winter, Day 12, 510 AV

Having been in Riverfall for a couple days now, Nisana had taken to wandering during the day in search of possible targets for her Harvest. So far she had had no luck, but a few days was hardly enough to call it a proper search of the city. So she continued her wanderings of the city of Riverfall.

Clad in her black shell armor, which helped against the chill of winter a little, she moved along the street at a good pace. Her Amethyst eyes moved back and forth over the various people she passed, searching for one that would make a good surrogate for her sister. Not seeing any one interest, at least that weren't holding to an Akalak in one way or another, she continued her progress up along the path, wondering if perhaps she should start plans to move to a different city to hunt in.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Riek on January 10th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Winter 510AV Day 12

After being in Riverfall for nearly two weeks now and getting acquainted with the main street with all its sights and its many smells Riek started feeling at home, not much because he knew he had to move along soon, but enough to miss it when he did go.

As he walked down the street on his way to the shops, dodging the larger throngs of people even though his mind was elsewhere, he thought he noticed someone following him, he turned left at the next block planning to try and lose his would-be stalker. As he tuned, albeit a little too fast, he bumped into something, something tall, fleshy and relatively light that fell, seemingly hard, but being too preoccupied with his own things Riek didn't even spare the thing a second glance and ran full tilt towards the next corner planning to go around the block.
Riek
Player

Words: 3003
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on January 13th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Nisana barely registered a blur out of the corner of her eye before she felt the impact of someone bumping into her quite forcefully, and she staggered back a couple steps in response. Luckily her shell armor softened a blow, and she was even more grateful when she turned and caught a look at just who had run into her. By his looks he was an Isur, and the fact she had not broken a bone with their collision relieved her as much as it angered her.

Turning and following down the street after the man she took a few breaths to calm herself down, as she did not wish to start a fight, before calling out after him, "You there, Isur! I would speak to you!" seeing as there were no other Isur nearby, she figured that would be enough to get his attention.

If he didn't stop, she was more than willing to chase him down. There was no way that short, stony looking man could outrun her, and she was going to make sure he provided her an appropriate apology for nearly running her over.

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Riek on January 14th, 2011, 2:40 pm

It was cold that day, the sea breeze was picking up but there were still a surprising number of people out, through the bustle he faintly heard:

"You there, Isur! I would speak to you!"

But he was way too worried to stop, worried because he had no idea why or who was chasing him and, now he thought about it he wasn't even sure if they were following him, he would have to wait in ambush at the next corner to catch them and to find out just exactly who they were. So he did, his back against the cold wall he waited patiently, ready to jump out when someone suspiciously fast arrived.
Riek
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on January 14th, 2011, 3:56 pm

A frown tugged at Nisana's lips as the Isur continued running away from her, and she narrowed her eyes as she kept running after him. To act like that was very suspicious. Perhaps he was a thief, running with some stolen items. Catching him would certainly be nothing but good for her reputations in Riverfall, and that would only help her hunt.

Reaching a hand back to reassuringly touch her bow on her backpack she turned the corner she had just seen the Isur duck around with a grin. One way or another, this Isur should definitely provide her with an interesting time, she was sure of it.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Riek on January 14th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Riek stood there, the tension building up inside him, it reminded him of the countless times he'd waited in ambush in the military, the unspeakable suspense... Although, this was worse, he was on his own here, him against whoever. The adrenaline was pumping through him now, blocking out the distracting noise around him, warming him up, focusing his mind...

There you are Riek thought, as he saw her, tall and pale, running around the corner with her hand on her backpack, reaching for the shortbow strapped to it so you're the one causing me such trouble, I shouldn't have left my sword at home, oh well, here we go Riek caught hold of her arm as she passed by, not hard enough to break anything but hard enough to get her atention.

"Why are you following me! Who sent you!"
Riek
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on January 14th, 2011, 6:52 pm

The sudden appearance of the Isur around the corner caught Nisana off guard, and gave him the moment he needed to grab on to her arm which froze Nisana in her tracks. The brute could most likely break her arm if he squeezed to hard, and that would put her in a severe disadvantage if he proved violent.

His shouted demands caught Nisana by surprise for a moment, and she blinked a couple times. He seemed to think she had been following him for a while, and that someone had sent her. That meant he was either paranoid, or being hunted. Either could be dangerous to her, but if he was being hunted she could still benefit.

Putting on a pleasant smile that didn't reveal her fangs she said politely, "I was following you because you bumped into me when you were running earlier, and wondered if you were in some kind of trouble. I was sent by no one, I am a simple traveler out to see the world and learn," she did her best to let her voice flow smoothly and calmly, despite her running earlier and slight alarm at being caught in such an undesirable position.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Riek on January 16th, 2011, 12:11 am

The woman blinked at him probably from shock or surprise, Riek looked right back at her, his eyes unwavering, his mind racing Now what? I can't make her admit it, Izurdin help m- his thought got cut off by the stranger as she smiled and told him that he had bumped into her and that she was a simple traveler.

Still holding her arm he realised how he must look to any passerby that might have seen the occurrences, Riek released her and stepped back, "Oh, I'm sorry, its just that you seemed to be reaching for your bow... How was I supposed to take that, huh?"
Riek
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on January 16th, 2011, 7:07 pm

When the Isur released her Nisana took her own step back, keeping her smile in place as he asked his question, "I was checking to make sure it had not fallen in our bumpy meeting. It was my Mother's bow, and is very dear to me," of course, there was no need for the little brute to know the truth of the matter, especially if he turned out to be worth something.

Taking a moment to stand tall one more Nisana stepped back forward and offered her hand to the Isur, "Perhaps more proper introductions are in order. I am Nisana Curare, and you are?"

Even if the man had no value to others Isur were known for their cold and distant manner. If she could charm such a man, then it would only show how skilled she was, and make it all the easier to claim a mother for Serena.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Riek on January 19th, 2011, 8:38 pm

"Well, I'm sorry if I caused you harm" he said as he shook her hand, "I'm Riek, Riek Coglias".

Riek looked down at his feet thinking about what to say, after a few moments he said lamely "So... you're a traveller? Where have you been? I've only been here and around Kalea." Riek had no idea why he was asking such stupid questions or why he was stll even talking, he should get home as soon as possible and carry on with his quest...
Riek
Player

Character sheet

Next