An Interesting Meeting [Anu, Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shakaar on January 12th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Shakaar
30th of Winter 510 AV

Ahajii had decided that today would be a good time to wander the streets of Sunberth. Why? Because he had no fights today, and he absolutely nothing else to do. So walking was better than nothing. Luckily for him, he was very large and everyone knew who he was. So there is actually one benefit of fighting for the pits. No one, not even the most baddass gang member gave you shit. So he could walk in relative peace.

For once Ahajii noticed that Shakaar was keeping fairly quiet. He wasn't mocking everything that Ahajii was doing. He wasn't mindlessly rambling about useless subjects. He was truly quiet.

Ahajii walked on thinking to himself about this oddity. When suddenly shakaar shouted into his mind "Look where your walking you petching son of a fish!"

Shakaar had been so absorbed in the quiet that he hadn't seen the petite konti walking towards him, and he had run right into her. Remorse was instantly in his face as he bent down to help her up. "So sorry miss, please allow me to help."
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Anu on January 12th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Anu had a huge smile on her face just like any other morning. She was practically glowing while humming her favorite melody and walking down one of the quiet streets. Having breakfast out in the open was always fun, so she tended to give herself that much time.

For some reason, she didn't really notice what was happening around her, in fact, she was that occupied that she didn't notice a large, blue man bumping into her... or well, throwing her to the ground with not much effort.
Her eyes moved up slowly, but it seemed like there was no end to this man. Once she finally managed to see his head, she was quite sure the look on her face was rather silly, so flashing one of those, rather charming Konti smiles to him was the best thing she could do
"Oh no, it's not a problem at all.... I wasn't looking either... I'd say I'm sorry Sir, but I doubt I made too much damage?"

Yes, she actually made a joke about herself to a man she has just met. He didn't seem like a threat and he was even more interesting because of the fact that he reminded her of her father. Well, not actually reminded her, but he was an Akalak, and she didn't see one of those in almost two years.
"Thank you for helping me up Sir.... I do hope I didn't ruin such a fine day to you"
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu
She, who they bow before...

Words: 27747
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on January 13th, 2011, 2:55 am

Shakaar
Ahajii smiled as the woman raised her head and he watched her face quickly shift from a confused half grin, to a charming smile that only a konti could have pulled off.

At her mention of any possible damage he laughed and shook his head saying. "I was more worried that I had damaged a beautiful young lady such as yourself. There's nothing you could do to me that hasn't already been done."

With this he bent his knees and came down to her level. Gently lifting her small body up to her feet. "Now that's better" he said with a hint of a smile.

"Ruin my day!" Ahajii exclaimed in surprise. "No. I would say that you have brightened it considerably." feeling that he had said too much, Ahajii looked to the ground. It had been years since he saw a genuine smile. It affected him more than he had anticipated.

"My only concern is that someone like yourself is walking abroad without some sort of bodyguard. The streets of Sunberth are no place for a woman." he ended this statement with a violent shake of his head.
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Anu on January 13th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Anu tilted her head lightly at the man's first words. It was strange to hear how bad the world around her was, since she didn't seem to know much about it. His compliments made her look to the side and smile shyly.
As soon as he bent his knees down and lifted her rather tiny body, compared to his on it's feet, she sent him another one of those smiles.
It was quite unusual and funny to be moved around like a doll... which for this Akalak, she might as well be

Him saying that Anu brightened his day made her actually quite happy. She loved doing that, helping people in any way and especially if it included any form of happiness
"I'm glad to hear so.... I must say I'm rather surprised, and in a good way, to see your kind around this city... If I'm not mistaking that is, since it has been a while since I saw my father..."

Giggling quietly at the bodyguard comment, she just shrugged and whispered
"I guess they don't have much use of a singing, pale and skinny lunatic like myself... I've been here for two years, and only friendship I have made was with a race my mother told me to stay away from", rolling her eyes at her own stupidity, she could do nothing but sigh and wait for the reaction of this man.
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on January 14th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Shakaar
Ahajii's interest peaked as she directly mentioned his kind. Not many people would talk to an Akalak, or even stay around them. Especially if they were female.

"Your father was an Akalak then? I'm glad to hear that you aren't one of those who see us as overgrown slavers of women."

Here Shakaar laughed quietly, and then moved his head slightly to one side smiling. This woman had a charm about her that appealed to him on many levels. The fact that she was a kind, smiling face shocked Ahajii. He hadn't seen someone this innocent since he had been taken captive.

He frowned as she began to speak nonsense about her looks and actions.

"Please, as if any man would pass this up!" he motioned in her general direction.

"And if your singing is anywhere as good as your looks, then I can tell you that any man with sense would take you in a heartbeat." He finished by letting out a warm smile like that of an old friend setting you straight on your problems.

"Now what is this about ignoring the warnings of your mother. I know that I just met you, but I've seen to many women hurt by... friends to let this pass. What and whom are you talking about."

He took on a no nonsense approach to his question. Motioning for the petite konti to come with him. "If your not adverse to the idea, I suggest we talk this over with a walk."
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Anu on January 15th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Anu smiled brightly and nodded at the question about her father.
For a second there, her mind trailed off, remembering her brother and father, remembering how fun it was to come home completely confused after talking to her brother about his priorities in life. She, as usual, shook her head and the said thought out of her mind before whispering
"Yes, my father and my brother are both Akalak men.... I haven't seen them for two years now... and I miss them quite a bit", sighing deeply, she looked to the side before continuing
"Sometimes I ask myself why did I leave Mura.... I could have stayed there and marry like my mother did.... but there aren't all that many avanturistic Konti spirits out there and my mother didn't want to waste this one", she grinned after saying that.

When he laughed, she couldn't help herself but to join him. It was nice to hear laughter, and with happy, cheerful nature that she had, it sure as hell wasn't hard to join one when it comes to such things.
Him making comments about her looks and singing made her blush lightly. This though, didn't worry her too much since her skin and the look on her face were even more innocent when that happened.
The smile she got from him made her send one right back before whispering
"Well, I hope I'm right in this case, since the men I've seen in Sunberth for the past two years, I have no interest in... They are all just so..... primitive", rolling her eyes at the thought, she almost missed on what he was about to say.

"Now what is this about ignoring the warnings of your mother. I know that I just met you, but I've seen to many women hurt by... friends to let this pass. What and whom are you talking about." were the words that actually surprised Anu. Was this man that familiar with the city? Was she in any kind of danger? Well, that wasn't the right question, she knew she was in danger, but was she in so much danger?
"Well, women tend to be rebelious, and I think you know that. But I'm quite sure that my reasonable part, as well as you and my mother, thinks I made a stupid choice by spending my time with a Dhani... The other part though sees no danger in it, so...", whispered Anu before slowly letting her feet move over the dirty streets, making every move as gracious as it can be. That was an appropriate answer to his last suggestion in her head where at this point, many things were wandering around.

Her big eyes moved over the large man next to her and lips parted lightly, letting the same melodic voice from before form words
"I'm such a rude thing sometimes... I forgot to introduce myself.... I'm Anu, pleasure to meet you, kind Sir".
And when these words were out, another one of those beautiful, charming smiles curled her big, full lips. She was honest about it, as about everything else. Being pleased to meet someone so kind was the easiest way to express what she felt at the moment.
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on January 15th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Shakaar
Ahajii listened to the story of the Konti's past. She clearly missed both her home and her people, both in Mura and in Riverfall.

"Well I understand the Pain in loosing a family. I haven't seen mine for many years. I was taken captive when I was only a child."

When she blushed at his comments Ahajii just smiled, and he laughed with her. When she began to speak about the men of Sunberth Ahajii let out a short laugh.

"Primitive is hardly the word to describe them. Maybe hateful, lustful, evil, robbing bastards. But they are sophisticated in their work to be called primitive."

Here he frowned at let out a string of curses under his breath. When the Konti continued to talk, and she mentioned what exactly she had done it took Ahajii every ounce restraint in him not to reprimand the woman.

"Dhani are the spawn of Siku! They represent evil, and all that it entails. How can you ignore your mothers advice, you come from a land of divination!"

Here he turned to face her. "I am not your keeper, but I promise you this. I will not willingly let you or any other konti get hurt by making decisions as stupid as spending time around a Dhani!"

He once again let out a string of soft curses.
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Anu on January 15th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Anu nodded and sighed deeply, not really enjoying in bringing such a sad subject to the lovely conversation they were having before. Yes, she did miss her family, but who was she to remind anyone else of their tragedies which in this case and probably most others were far greater then Anu's.
"I'm sorry for bringing that up... I really didn't mean to hurt you..:"

But when the Akalak started cursing under his breath, Anu bit on her bottom lip. Did she do something bad? Did she hurt him that much?
What happened to the strong man standing there a second before?
All her questions disappeared with the first words coming from him....
He wasn't hurt, no, he was worried... worried about Anu and her safety.. and quite.. frustrated by her choice, it seemed.
Whimpering when he faced her, she tried to whisper under her breath
"But... nothing bad.. um, happened to me..."
And when he swore that he will let nothing bad to her or any other Konti happen because of stupid decisions, she just blushed, taking a deep breath and looking to the side.

Why did this man care about her being hurt so much?
She knew that Akalak were rather fond of Konti women, her father and brother used to talk about that all the time, but was it this big? Did they actually feel the need to protect them? Or did this man have something in it for himself?
"Um... thank you.... I guess..." she managed to whisper, still deep within her thoughts, kind of shy and with rather pink cheeks still.
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on January 17th, 2011, 6:04 am

Shakaar
When Anu mentioned that she was sorry for mentioning the subject of family, Ahajii just smiled and told her that he was not one to cry over spilt milk. "I think that it could be profitable for the both of us to talk about our families at a later date. But for now there are more important matters to dicuss. Oh and the names Ahajii, it's a pleasure to meet you Anu"

He finished this statement with a incline of the head to show that he had some class, maybe not much but he had some.

Ahajii stared at Anu blankly as she made her excuse of not getting hurt. For a second or two he just stared, but then he sighed and started to talk. "You really are from Mura... Look Anu I probably sound like the biggest loser you've ever heard, but I hope you will take my advice. Dhani are spawn of a demon. There are no two ways about it. Some are more subtle, preferring to entwine you in their lies before striking, but in my experience they will always strike."

Ahajii watched as Anu started to look more and more confused. He was going to have to explain his reasoning or she would more than likely ignore his warnings. "Alright I can see that you're looking into my motives. To tell you the truth I'm a selfish bastard...." here he took a pause to study her.

"However this selfish nature of mine is based on the fact that I have experienced almost every kind of torture imaginable. I cannot let others who are innocent and untouched experience what I have."
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Anu on January 17th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Anu nodded at what he told her about their family, smiling back warmly and taking her time with walking. She hoped that she wasn't way too slow for a man this tall, so after thinking for a second, she decided to speed up a bit.
When he mentioned his name, she moved her gaze to him again and added
"Interesting name Ahajii.... I like it", blushing lightly at what she whispered and then looking back to the ground.

As soon as he started stating out arguments against Dhani, Anu snapped out of her thoughts of the former events, looking at the tall man next to her. Yes, he was right, she was rather confused and at this point, she really did not want to think of her currently only friend in Sunberth as of a bad person.
So what if he was part Dhani? He had the other half too... and he not once did anything to harm Anu in any way... well... yet...
No, no, no... He did not and he will not..
Anu was determinant about this, and she even made sure that it was quite obvious.

"Alright I can see that you're looking into my motives. To tell you the truth I'm a selfish bastard...." Ahajii added, making Anu wander what exactly was he getting out of saying that, since a part of her got rather scared. But when she heard the explanation for the said things, she sighed in a relaxing way, looking back to the ground and thinking for a second before adding again, quietly... as if she was unsure of how he will react
"I understand that you are very protective of me, even though I can not really understand why... since we've just met... and I am very thankful, but no matter how hard I try to understand what you are saying here, I can not.... I've never seen him do anything bad... and to me, he did not seem as a bad person... I might be wrong, but how can you be so sure that everyone are the same?"

Her eyes were big, questioning and somewhat sad when they met his. Lips were not curled into a smile anymore, and that happy face from a couple of moments ago had more grief on now then anything.
She did not like bad people, nor did she like talking about someone as a bad person, not even when they were, and especially when not. It all made her sad, and she was not able to hide it.
"I'm sorry if that was rude..." she whispered, trying to pull herself together "I'm just not used to bad things happening around me... nor am I used to people talking bad about others in my presence..."
Anu

Character sheet

Next