[Taeralis' Lab] In Search of Someone Special

-Job Thread 1: Benare studies who some of the people in Sahova that he's looking for are and what they do. Fall 45th 516av

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Benare Nitrozian on January 26th, 2017, 3:57 am

"Welcome. To my lab."Taeralis spoke, he was pale, fairly tanned, the man seemed like he got some sun, but not enough of Syna it seemed. Taeralis looked like he was in the courtiers, wrinkles lined the skin and face, and dark shadows under his blue eyes. The lab, it was underground, like any other Mage Laboratory. The cave ceilings were dank and musty, illuminated with dim lamps that are lit by candlelight. Taeralis has a ladder to usually ignite the candles when they wear out.

"I expect you to be working on some things, especially magic. I need a fit and well muscles apprentice, and one with high intellect and interest in magic." Taeralis continued, the Nuit closed the door behind Benare and Damien. The two Ravok continued forward through a fairly long hallway, everything seemed eerie, because of the dark walls and barriers. Though, everything appeared to be unique and much more interesting than Ravok to look at. If you've been in Ravok for twenty years and more, you'll know when things get bland. At least, there's a change of scenery.

"It's good." Benare stated out of the blue, he observed the hallways, and the doors that were closed, he wondered if their are anyone else in this Lab. But Damien was wondering of something else.

"Benare, we must work on our jobs."The blonde whispered to the Nitrozian. The mercenary nodded.

"Give it time. They probably won't go anywhere." Benare whispered back. Taeralis continued to explain, and he got louder. The Wizard ushered the two into some sort of kitchen. There was a fairly large table, that was cluttered with materials and papers of the like, some counter tops, and a hearth, with a water basin to clean silverware and dishes. The room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a while, and dust covered the entirety of the room. A faint lamp hanging from the ceiling illuminated a decent amount of light so that guests could see where they're walking. It definitely made things easier.

"Here is the kitchen. By the way I don't normally eat." Taeralis continued, the two Ravokians made sure to be quiet and listened to what the older man had said. Kitchen, of course. What else would this room be? Benare wondered where he could put his stuff.

"Mr. Taeralis, where do we put our stuff?" The Nitrozian asked in an brooding tone. His snarky attitude seemed to have gotten the best of him, but this man was talking for many chimes, and Benare wanted to get this tour over with and begin his training if he can. Damien can practice his dagger work, or he can look for information about the other people who might reside within this island.

"Hmnm. I see." Taeralis replied in a cold manner of which made Benare feel uncomfortable for a few ticks around the man. He leaned in, a shoulder hunched, and listened. "Back down the hall, and to your right, you'll find a bedroom, it's where you and your friend can sleep. Benare, and Damien it's a pleasure to meet you both."The three have already discussed introductions earlier and they were chatting before they've walked into the lab.

"Thank you."Damien responded with a nod, and shook Taeralis' hand and Benare did the same when Damien finished. Taeralis explained earlier that he was built and lived for quite some time now and that he only specifically picks certain people to be his apprentice. Ones that he beleived to be really conditioned Wizards.

"Benare, let's take a look at the book."
"Okay. Sheesh, I'm coming." Benare responded.
"I'm a gonna be busy tonight, so you two need to make sure you've got everything settled and handy." Taeralis followed the two down the hallway and walked into another room. Benare and Damien walked into the bedroom, settled down with their belongings and quickly got to work. Looking through a copy of the Captain's Journal.

WC: 656

Any NotesThe Crescent Circle has ordered to produce a copy of the Captain's Journal. It didn't come out of Benare pocket though back in Ravok.
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on January 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Knock. Knock. There was two taps upon the door to Benare and Damien's room. The two jumped, and Benare cocked his head over to focus on the door. "It's probably the old man again." Benare replied, it hadn't been too long since they've been checking up on the book. They haven't found anything yet, and Benare could feel his stomach tightening, just a bit, he felt nervous, but he didn't know how nervous he was. He was just glad that he finally found a teacher who would be able to put up with his antics.

Damien shrugged and took the book back from Benare and started reading it.

"Go look and see what he wants."Damien offered, his hand waved in a dismissive tone, and he looked as if he might be studying for some test. Benare pushed his chair back and it slid across the stone flooring, and he ambled over to the door. The swordsman, opened the door and was confronted with the face of Taeralis. Benare looked him up and down, and didn't see anything suspicious of the man.

"Since I'm going to be busy, I have a key for you two."Taeralis explained quickly. His hands moved dexterously down into his left pocket. He pulled out a silver makeshift key, one with three mini edges. The detailing of the key looked complicated, it was a good thing that Benare didn't want to be stuck becoming a metalsmith. Though, that would be an interesting job. On the other hand, he would have to work in a room that's hot all day, and have to deal with people who like to ask questions about swords and armor. Benare didn't know much about swords, or armor, but if he wanted to, he would probably be able to figure it out if he took the time.

"Thanks." The Nitrozian replied and held his hand out for the key. Taeralis nodded.

"I'd like you to be back some time tonight. We'll be beginning our training. Damien, your free to do as you please, but keep it at a low. I don't need any negative reputation directed towards me, as I've been working for the Council a long time."Benare registered what the man said, and nodded.

"I'll make sure. Damien, you agree?" The Nitrozian cocked his head to look at the blonde. Damien nodded.

"Yeah."Damien replied, he was mostly zoned in on the book. Taeralis focused his attention back to Benare.

"I have some books around here, that might be helpful for your magic learning. So in case you don't go out tonight, there are books that could help you with your studies."The Wizard replied and shook hands with Benare. "I'll be leaving now, I have my papers with me, and I won't be back until later tonight."Taeralis explained. Benare nodded.

"Understood. Take care sir Taeralis." Benare responded formally. Taeralis headed down the hallway and closed the door. Benare made sure that the man was gone before closing the door to his room. There wasn't much of a cold draft, but the lab was pretty moist and damp.

"Ben, there's a few pages that involve Sahova."Benare was curious. He wanted to know what this Pirate Captain was up to.

"Do you know, who this Pirate guy is?"

WC: 1199
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on January 28th, 2017, 2:51 am

"Yes. He's a man that almost everyone hates. Literally."Damien replied looking at the Nitrozian with his dark shadowed eyes his blonde hair looked greasy, like a farmer's hair when he's outside picking fully grown vegetables from the sun all day. Though, Damien's hair didn't look too sweaty, it was just greasy, as if maybe he hadn't taken a bath in a while and he should probably do so. Nonetheless, he doesn't stink much, so maybe he just slicks it back with water or something to keep it looking like that. Unless, Damien uses some material to keep his hair looking all greasy like.

Benare normally kept his hair long and down, he's slowly growing a beard around his ching and mouth, but other than that, he doesn't really do much to his hair. The Nitrozian wondered why he was thinking about hair so much, but decided that it was unimportant to discuss about among himself.

"Okay, but who is he?" Benare asked in bewilderment, and he cupped his left hand into a fist, and rested it against the top of the dusty desk. Damien looked at the fist and then to Benare, he shrugged as if he wasn't intimidated by the man, they were roughly the same age, close to it at least. They were roughly the same height and body mass as well, so there wasn't much going off from it and Damien wanted to know why the Nitrozian was so tense.

"Fine, his name." Damien paused to remember the name. "Randy 'Toothless' Reeves. An Eyphairan Pirate Captain who's as cruel and harsh as any sailor on the sea. But, it seems that Sahova isn't his next stop from Ravok." Benare nodded, at least now, they have somewhat of a lead, and this book was "Nightmares."

"Hey, so who's the next target in Sahova? That's the question. Do you know any of these people?" Benare asked Damien, the Nitrozian hoped that his partner would be able to know someone at least. Hopefully they have some lead. Damien shrugged.

"I haven't traveled to much cities on Mizahar. I've mostly lived in Ravok, Benare it's not like we can find someone off a whim." Damien retorted and took another look at the boat. There were names circled. One in particular stood out to Damien. "Adgerd Crawford." Damien spoke after a few chimes. The Nitrozian looked up and was confused.

"What?"
"Adgerd Crawford. His father worked at the Docks back in Ravok. Though, he left a few years ago."Damien replied, informing the Nitrozian. "Perhaps Adgerd had forgotten to pay for passage or something. Maybe Randy was looking for him to kill him maybe. Or maybe he's dead and he's a nuit." Damien suggested, Benare didn't really care which if Captain Randy was such a threat to the Crescent Circle, then why even bother do all of this work.

"Still. If he's a nuit, wouldn't he be somewhere else instead of living here in Sahova all of these years, or for however long it's been?" The Nitrozian asked.

"Maybe, but how about we get ourselves something for dinner on this island and we can see if we can look for Adgerd then. God's, it'll kill me if Adgerd's a Nuit."

WC: 1736
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on February 2nd, 2017, 2:48 am

Any NotesI just had Benare and Damien munch on their rations from trips.

The Nitrozian munched on a make shift meat sandwich without much on it. Just dry bread and tender meat and nothing more. Though, the meat and bread have been cooked to the point of near perfection, courtesy of the kitchen staff at the Nitrozian Estate way back when. Being so far from home, made Benare feel uncomfortable, and it made him cranky. He dispised the fact that the Nobles here didn't have much control in Sahova. He liked being able to intimidate others by threatening them of his father. He would be able to manage payment a lot easier if he were in Ravok, but he's not there now.

Footsteps echoed through the Gug Adjack and everybody seemed to be in their labs. Those who were Wizards/Apprentices anyhow. It was strange, seeing an island ran by magic. Back in Ravok, most people aren't able to produce certain kinds of magic. The Nitrozian heard something similar about other cities from the travelers who would find themselves within Ravok. But, he hadn't heard much from them, and he took it as a shame. He wanted to know more about magic, and other cities. Nevertheless, he wasn't expecting to leave his home. It was something he felt insecure about and the Nitrozian needed something to remember home by. Even though, home at Ravok didn't officially feel like home at Ravok. The Nitrozian was really there for the money, and he didn't really want to run a business for his father.

He realized one thing though. Sooner or later, his father is going to make him run at least one business of theirs before he either retires or before the old man dies. Benare wondered, would the mercenary even care if his father died? It was prudent to think about, and improper. Though, he figured that half of Ravok didn't respect the big man. Even though, most of the justifications are ran by the Ebonstryfe. It still made sense as to why those who weren't born nobaly were jealous of the noble families of Ravok. Henceforth, most of them didn't like them. Them, being the Nobles.

Overall, adventuring gave Benare a new perspective based on how the world works. His thoughts and perspectives of the world has been changed. Not so much so, that Benare had to revise his thoughts about others, and other cities. Needless to say, Benare was still Benare. Which meant, Benare wasn't going to change, because he didn't need to, and that's what who he wanted to be. He wanted to be a Nitrozian. So that's what he'll be.

"I don't think we'll find Adgerd if he is a Nuit." Benare spoke in a realistic tone. His words carried offf as he continued to munch on his meat sandwich. Damien shrugged.

"You aren't so optimistic are you?"Damien responded with a wave of a hand and he himself went back to munching on his meat sandwich ration. The Ravokians continued through the Gug Adjack without worry and eventually they found there way outside.

"To answer your question, no, I'm not very optimistic. I'm a realist."

WC: 2251
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on February 2nd, 2017, 4:07 pm

With haste, the two Ravokians left the Gug Adjack, and back into the streets of Sahova. There was no sun. Syna's light was not shining over Sahova at this time of night. The moon was out, and dark grey clouds mixed with the deep dark skies above. Nonetheless, the darkness isn't what kept the people of Sahova at bay. They were still wandering within the city, at least more than a few handfuls of people are. The short sword that the Nitrozian carried, that was strapped to his waist was weighing heavy. It was waiting to strike at someone, and it yearned for combat. It called out to Benare, but the Nitrozian had a strong threshold.

His lust for action was controlled and he figured that he could fight something some time. Though, he figured that a place like Sahova he would have to be careful. There probably isn't as much crime in Sahova.

"So, you say, you aren't an optimist."Damien repeated, his mouth full of dry bread and tender meat. The Niitrozian shrugged.

"Not really. No." Benare said simply, his words were carried with some form of authority to it. He missed bossing around his slaves at the Nitrozian Estate. They weren't his necessarily, they were all of the Nitrozians' slaves. He didn't let that feeling of home sickness show, he wasn't technically home sick, he felt free. Nonetheless, he just missed all of the fun things he could have continued to see, but work came first. Benare was just getting a grasp on that.

"You don't talk much either. Why is it?"Damien asked, Benare finished his last piece of a meat sandwich. The Nitrozain shrugged, and walked on. Their boots echoed against the street as they walked and headed for no specific direction.

"The Quarters?" Benare suggested, "we could check there?" The nitrozian added. He wondered a lot about who this Adgerd person could be. The Quarters was their first stop.

WC: 2574
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on February 5th, 2017, 2:23 am

As the two Ravokians exited the Gug Adjack. Benare was confused, he didn't quite understand the situation with Adgerd Crawford, but he was keen on figuring that part out. Which part... pretty much all of it. If Adgerd was a target for Randy, then certainly, The Ravokians must find him first before Randy. It was obvious, and it felt like a race too. The Nitrozians boots scrapped against the cobblestone street, as he walked without care as the two haven't really had a set destination of where to really look for this unfamiliar Adgerd. Synas light was slowly descending beneath the horizon as the light of Leth of was slowly taking Synas place. Embalming the dark coated sky, which called for the beginning Zintilas children to awaken.

The island of Sahova isn't as big as it seemed while one traveled on ship. In fact, the inhabited regions of the island was fairly small, and it sort of reminded Benare of Ravok. The city that's perched on top of a water base. The geography was something that had always interested Benare, and the Nitrozian wished he could learn more about geography, but he didn't really know where to start. Not too much people take an interest in cartography, and Benare assumed that the ones who know most about Mizahars geography would be the sailors themselves. It's simply, a theory, but Benare could be wrong. There are caravans who travel around the world of Mizahar annually.

"I'm sure that The Quarters are the place to go."Damien suggested, he seemed anxious, and looked as if he wanted to get things moving. On the other hand, Benare just wanted to take things at a slow and steady pace. It was all Benare liked to do, maybe that was why he hadn't mastered the short sword yet. There was many things that the Nitrozian needed to learn, and now that he's far away from home; he won't be able to bargain with the money he has. As his money is pretty much essential for living and staying alive.

"You don't need to rush things Damien." Benare said bitterly, he licked his lips as the aftertaste of salt remained on them. He didn't like the lingering taste of salt too much on his lips. It bothers him.

"I just want to find him." Damien spoke in a surly childish tone, one of which a Ravokians selfish child might have. It wasn't an egocentric statement, nevertheless, Damien still wanted Adgerd for his benefit.

"He could be anywhere, he might not even be in Sahova still." The Nitrozian retorted, his words carried an unpleasant mix.

"We should just check The Syncograph's Office at least, ask questions, maybe find someone who would know where to go?"

Benare shrugged, "it wouldn't hurt. Let's see what we can do."
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets