[Flashback] Crash Landing (Quelen - Tayl - Dlight)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 19th, 2011, 5:06 pm

It seemed that the dark man could speak some Char, but it seemed difficult for him. When he looked at Quelen she gave him a soft, kind smile, and spoke back slowly in Char, "I am Quelen," she then turned her smile to the small Charoda, who introduced herself as Tayl.

When the dark man moved to sit forward Quelen removed her arms and hand, so as not to hinder him, but stayed close in case he needed help. He still seemed terribly weak to her, and it wouldn't be pleasant if his face ended in the sand once more. When he called for food from the bag, and meat specifically, she watched with curious eyes as Tayl went to the bag and pulled out a piece of... something.

She'd heard of meat before, but had never seen it. At least, not land meat. Just as curious as Tayl she slid in the sand a little, moving so she was more to the man's side than behind him, as she curiously watched him to see what he would do with the food.
Quelen Dran'Sora
Alt of Alenias, One-armed Musician

Words: 41376
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Dlight on January 20th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Quelen seemed very caring and concerned, and her unbiased view on him being a Zith threw off his already confused mind. It was a blessing he wasn't found by humans, and especially not Myrians. Dlight was reminded again that Charoda were plant eaters when Tayl's eyes grew big at the word meat, the taller gray one also seeming curious.

Thank Leth, there was meat left in the bag. He'd stolen it on blind instinct and wasn't even sure what was inside it until his first break from flying. Tayl was still having trouble adapting to land but he wasn't one to speak, his legs feeling heavy enough to weigh him down. The blue Charoda seemed almost scared of the beef she handed to him, and to be honest Dlight wasn't sure if he should be wary of it too. He wasn't sure how long he'd been traveling or if it was even fully cooked.

Either way it went into his mouth and never strayed far from it, his hand holding it close by his lips even while he chewed and swallowed. Dlight didn't realize how hungry he was until the food was gone, devoured in a short time.

"I'm a carnivore." Dlight told them in Common, looking at their surprised faces. He wondered if they would puke at even the thought of never eating vegetables again. "Quelen, Tayl, how can you help me? I've fallen from Leth. I don't know how to get back."

Did Leth no longer see him as worthy? Did he believe Dlight was no longer faithful?
Last edited by Dlight on February 21st, 2011, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dlight
Your blight is my delight

Words: 51893
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 5:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Tayl Layou on January 23rd, 2011, 3:20 am

Tayl watched as this creatures meat was eaten, feeling sick to her stomach as he continued eating the whole thing. Her face began to blush from the smell and she began feeling nauseous, this was something she'd rather not watch. She turned away just as the creature said in common "I'm a carnivore," and Tayl reacted by jumping back, almost fearing for her life. She saw him now as a monster, blood dripped from his lips as he eyed his next two meals, this Quelen and Tayl herself. Tayl's heart began to race as she almost screamed for her life, but then he said "Quelen, Tayl, how can you help me? I've fallen from Leth. I don't know how to get back." The small charoda had no idea how to react now, she felt horrible for the thoughts she just had and now she felt bad for this lost thing. From what he said, it would seem he fell from his home, and he couldn't find his way back. That must be an awful feeling, but Tayl didn't know how to help, she repositioned herself to sit on her legs and shook her head, feeling bad that she was so useless.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Words: 7183
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Character sheet

Postby Dlight on January 23rd, 2011, 7:51 am

Dlight wasn't surprised at the horror apparent on Tayl's face or the way she jumped back, as strange and unpracticed as it looked. He merely shrugged his shoulders deeply and let them hang low, his head dropping to face the sand. It wasn't the Charoda's duty to help him. If he'd fallen, he'd fallen, and there was no one that could do anything about it except him and Leth. This involved only them, just as it had when he hunted under Leth's dim light as a Zith, relying on himself and the fact that the God's lover had not risen.

His attention was caught by the item that was lying in the sand nearby Quelen, just in the corner of his sight. "What is it?" He asked the gray Charoda, not looking up at her but staring intently at the book. It was open but sand covered it's pages, obscuring whatever the Charoda female had been so happily reading. Perhaps instinct had given him another helpful item.
Dlight

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 24th, 2011, 12:49 am

Unlike Tayl, Quelen watched with curiosity as the dark man ate the meat. Of course she was not interested in eating it herself, just the smell of it nearby was enough to kill any interest she had in trying it, but she was impressed the dark skinned one could eat such a thing so easily. When he then explained he was a carnivore, and had fallen from Leth, she tilted her head slightly.

The first word took some contemplation to remember, but when she did she gave a small nod. That would explain why he could eat the meat as he had. As for falling from Leth, and how they could help, she was not sure. She had heard of people that fell from Leth, but she had heard nothing of them returning.

Before she could think of a way to answer though, the dark skinned one was pointing at the book she had been looking at, asking what it was. Looking curiously first at the man, and then the book she asked, "Isn't it yours? It was in the bag, a book about music. Do you study music?"
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Dlight on January 24th, 2011, 5:05 am

Music was the last thing that Dlight expected the book to contain. In all his past life, he'd never had a true appreciation of any art except that of bonecrafting and killing. In his mind he recalled a Zith woman dancing for him before bedding with him, but his fascination had been for her body, not the music she performed while dancing.

"No," Dlight answered on automatic, his expression hard as he glared at Syna, who was slowly sinking below the horizon. Would it be wrong to hate his God's lover? There was a feeling of conflict deep in his chest, and his glare turned towards Quelen. He knew he directing his anger at the wrong people, but the Zith felt he couldn't help it at that moment. "I don't."

And if this was a trial given to him by Leth? "But I will do as He tells me." Perhaps it was simply chance that there was a book on music in the bag, but chance dropped him into the waters where an Akvatari would save him, and chance dropped him again into waters where he would be saved. Instinct led him to steal the bag, but maybe that was destined, also. Dlight's thoughts were more desperate than he'd ever allowed them to be before, and as he sat on the hot sand of the Falyndar southern coast, he could feel resentment growing within him.

Was it his fault he was here? Maybe not. If Leth wished to be pleased with music, he would do his best. Dlight's eyes went to the smaller one, Tayl. She probably would have to return to the water soon, her body obviously not used to the land above. "You look to be in the same condition I am." He turned his attention towards Quelen then, "And you dragged me from the waters. My gratitude is yours both, and I only ask one more thing. Does that book make any sense to you?"
Dlight

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 24th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Quelen blinked as the dark skinned man glared at her, wondering if she had said something wrong, and confused why he would have a book of music if he didn't study it. Was the bag not his? Then why had he asked for things that were in it? She looked around the beach, but there was no one else there other than the three of them. Curious about the explanation she turned her attention back to the man, only to have her curiosity increased when he spoke of doing as he was told. Who was telling him, and what?

Knowing it was best not to interrupt she waited to ask her questions, her eyes watching the man as he moved and spoke. Though there was definitely the hint of danger about him, he had shown no signs of it, and he was just so... different that she couldn't help but want to know more.

When the man expressed his gratitude, and asked if she understood the book, Quelen gave an energetic nod, "Yes, I can understand it, at least what I looked at," tilting her head slightly she asked, "Why do you ask?"
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Dlight on January 31st, 2011, 6:51 pm

At Quelen's energetic response, Dlight decided that what he was about to ask of the Charoda was for the best. "I'm sure I won't understand it." The word help had never been a part of his vocabulary, and he was dreading having to say it. "If you could... help me later," Dlight felt a scowl coming on but restrained it, comforted by the fact that it was nearly time for Leth to rise now. "I would greatly appreciate it. Don't worry about how I will survive out here, I'll manage." Truthfully, he was pretty sure that he could only survive for a short while on the coast without something or someone catching wind of his scent, or the Charoda's.

"The most important thing is for me to learn, and quickly." Dlight would be okay, he was sure, as long as he just laid there and rested until he gained some of his energy back. "And, if you have any questions..." Which the Charoda must have, considering that they may have never met a land dweller, especially one that could fly, before.
Dlight

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on February 2nd, 2011, 7:27 pm

"Of course," Quelen said with a smile and a nod, "I would be most happy to help you," turning her gaze to Tayl she tilted her head slightly, wondering if the small Charoda would want to help as well. She had seemed to be slightly scared of the dark man. While Quelen could understand why Tayl would be scared, he certainly looked fearsome, Quelen just found herself more and more interested the more the man spoke. Even now, as he spoke of how he must learn quickly, she found herself with more and more questions she wanted to know his answers to.

When Dlight asked if they had any questions Quelen practically bounced with how eager and energetic her nods were, “Well, first I wish to know, what is your name?” she gave a smile to the man, “After that, could I why you must learn quickly? Does it have to do with whoever is telling you what you must do?” she gave a small gasp at a sudden idea, “You said you fell from Leth, is it Leth speaking do you? Do you hear him?”

Realizing she was probably being a bit too eager she gave the man a sheepish smile, “Sorry if I ask too much. You are the first land dweller I have met.”
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Dlight on February 4th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Dlight was relieved when Quelen agreed to helping him, her attention seeming to drift to the quiet Tayl and then back to himself. When she heard that she may ask about himself, the Charoda seemed to become even more excited, nodding eagerly. “Well, first I wish to know, what is your name?”

Dlight stilled, his eyes staring at the gray one but his mind far away from the coast on which he rested. The Akvatari had asked him the same thing, but he hadn't been able to answer. In his mind, he could recall the sounds of his name, the feel of it and the way that it came off of his tongue. But when he tried to speak it no matter during the day or night, Dlight couldn't reproduce it into this world. With a deep yearning in his chest, the Zith answered by his old name, the one he went by in his life before he was cast away from Leth, "Dlight," he said simply, his voice sounding slightly disgusted and entirely disappointed.

Dlight could feel that the conversation may end up like the one he had before with the Akvatari that had saved him. Would Quelen be able to grasp what had happened to him? He, himself, could barely understand it. "I can think of no other reason why I've been thrown by Leth into this world again. Do you know the Akvatari?" He thought that the Charoda may know them, as both of the races were sea inhabitants. "The race that are both fish and bird; Leth threw me into the ocean near their city of Abura. I was saved by one of their kind, but I was in shock when I was found... in much worse condition than I am now." That was both mentally and physically.

The transformation that had taken place upon Syna rising had driven him into a frenzy of despair and anger. "I flew from Abura to this coast, and that bag you see there," He gestured to the simple bag lying near Quelen, "belonged to the Akvatari that saved me. Don't ask me why I stole it, it must have been impulse. However, I believe that Leth put me near Abura for a reason, and that I was meant to take that bag." Feeling that possibly this was all too much for the Charoda to comprehend and that he was beginning to become far too absorbed in his own thoughts, Dlight snapped back to reality, shaking his head to clear his mind.

"I must learn music quickly as Leth has put me here for this purpose. He wishes to be pleased and worshiped in this way, and I want to reunite with Him again as soon as possible." But Dlight couldn't say whether he heard Him speaking. "I don't hear Him, but I feel this is the destiny He wishes me to have." It made him upset to think that he was no longer worthy enough to be joined with Leth, but perhaps there was a flip side to the situation and he was more useful in this world than in His.

Quelen apologized, and Dlight nodded in acceptance of it. "I believe nothing is to much for the one that will teach me what they can of music."
Dlight

Character sheet

PreviousNext