PM to join Getting Ink’d (Turrin)

Turrin and Miralin meet at the festival of Ink

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Getting Ink’d (Turrin)

Postby Miralyn on May 7th, 2017, 7:25 am

Miralyn
”Kontinese" | ”Common Tongue" | ”Fratava"

Tossing and turning all night long to nightmarish visions of an old wooden ship and an evil human man hadn’t made her morning very agreeable. She woke up to pain and sat up very quickly. A ball of orange fur fell past her face and a screeching sound pierced her ears. The fat cat appropriately named Porkie had been walking across her chest, probably to demand food. It’s claws had left little marks on her chest upon inspection. She was glad for the wakeup call though, she’d been having a pretty terrible dream. The Konti stretched and looked at the grumpy old Tabby who was currently mewing at his food pale and staring at her expectant. Miralyn didn’t feel like getting up, she felt like laying in bed all day. She had a day off after all. But yesterdays she’d made a promise to herself that she would go to the Ink festival today. It took her a few more minutes to make herself stand up but she managed it. She needed her stick today, that was for certain.

The cat was probably the only thing that really made her get up in the morning. It was a good idea on her fathers behalf to get her one. She already knew she would have lost her job by now had he not been given to her. She wouldn’t have gotten out of bed on a work day if she didn’t have an obligation to feed the thing. Once she was up and getting ready for the day it was easier on her. She could distract herself by focusing on her daily tasks. She filled the cat bowl with the remains of the rabbit she’d cooked last night and put in salt to preserve and left him to eat while she got herself ready. She stood in front of her mirror. Her colour wasn’t great and she knew it was because she wasn’t eating enough. Her mother would be furious if she was around to see her like this.

Stripping off her nightgown, Miralyn took in her figure. Her belly was showing much more each day. She was coming up for half way through her pregnancy give or take. Hating what she saw in the mirror she quickly moved on to her dresser and grabbed her nicest dress. It was linen, but it had a lacey white trim around the collar and a plan grey linin bow that ties just below the bust so the body of the simple pearl coloured garment flowed gracefully over the bump on her belly. Smiling to herself this time as she surveyed her appearance. Today she wanted to get something permanent, something to… attempt to heal the wound left behind after losing Rak’keli’s mark. She wanted something imprinted on her skin that she would hold dear. The Ink festival was the perfect opportunity to figure out exactly what that was!

But she’d never had a tattoo before and she didn’t want to rush into things so she would spend the day, queue gulp, talking to the other tattoo enthusiasts. Perhaps they’d give her some inspiration. So with the blank book and ink pen she’d bought yesterday and left the house, the Tabby cat following her and scampering off. The cat worried her going out like that alone but he was always home for tea-time. Miralyn disappeared into the crowd. She figured the best place to meet others with tattoos would be near Riverfalls best tattoo shop. When she arrived outside Riverfall Ink she discovered a line so big it stretched out onto the streets, they surely had their hands full. Steeling herself, she made her way over to the line. There she saw a young man with a BIG tattoo on his shoulder. He looked exotic, strong and quite handsome. But the detail was beautiful, and it told a story no doubt. Taking a deep breath she decided just to bite the bullet and talk to her first stranger. “S’cuse me” She said loudly enough, looking at the man, with what she hoped seemed like a friendly smile “I was just admiring your tattoo, I’d love to get one myself today but I’m blanking on the design. Figured it couldn’t hurt to talk to a few tattoo’d people today.”

Template by Elin <3
Miralyn
Player

Words: 20797
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2017, 7:19 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Getting Ink’d (Turrin)

Postby Turrin on May 7th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Standing in front of the mirror, Turrin wanted to kick himself because he made the appointment to get his Kuvan tattoo the day of the Ink Day Festival. He just shook his head at his poor planning because he would have to stand in line for bells till he can actually get his Kuvan tattoo. However, before he decided to stay in Riverfall, he wanted to go to the Ink Festival to show of the tattoo work from Taloba. Being a Inarta, he wouldn't even feel self unconscious about just wearing his long flowing pants called a bryda and boots. Turrin made sure to look nice, so he took a bath, combed out his hair straight, and tied his small feathers into his long straight burgundy hair. Strapping the talon sword to his belt on his waist, he walked out side into the warm spring sun. Suddenly, he stopped and realized that it was his birthday. There was a sudden feeling of sadness as he remembered Drusilla always made a big deal about birthday. He started to wonder how the symenestra was getting along with her new child. A feeling of jealousy started to boil his blood when he started to remember the father that she choose as a mate.

Clenching his jaw for a tick, Turrin relaxed it. His old life in Wind Reach was over, and he needed to move on in his new home. He was sure that she was happy with her baby, so he needed to make new memories in Riverfall. Walking down the street, he noticed that everyone with a tattoo was out flaunting it for all to see. The half breed was amazed at the amount of details, and money, people put into their body art. Turrin's tattoo was mostly shades of black, but the detail was etiquette. However, the colors and details of some of the tattoos in Riverfall were breathtaking, and the warrior occasionally had to stop and admire some of the peoples' body art. The person displaying their tattoos seemed eager to show them off especially when crowd of people started to gather around them. It was definitely a social festival as he walked down the street. Occasionally, people stopped him to admire his body art, but he didn't was mobbed by a crowd like the human male who was covered head to toe in different tattoos. Turrin smiled to himself when he thought of Taurina's face brightening up at the tattoo festival. He figured the drykas tattoo artist woman would probably lose herself in the crowd as she got distracted by all the body art. Another thought of regret went through his mind when he thought of her. She would have been good friend if he would have stayed in the tent city, but he started to noticed how the winds were changing around him especially around her, so he thought it was best to distance himself from the woman.

It wasn't just the body art that was impressive. The discounts given to people with elaborate body art by the local businesses were quite impressive too. It was probably because they were attracting large crowds to them, so the body art wearers increased the amount of consumers into their stores. It was a clever way of increasing business. When Turrin saw the line to Riverfall Ink, Turrin shook his head at his timing to get the tattoo that symbolized his citizenship in Riverfall. The Inarta didn't mind because it gave him time to admire other people tattoos and socialize with people in the line. Suddenly, he heard a loud female voice ask him for help deciding on a tattoo. At that tick, he was admiring a akalak's tattoo. It was impressive because it was a snake going through the month of a white skull and the head of snake was coming out of the eye sockets. He doubted the tattoo symbolized anything other than just being a bad-arse looking tattoo.

Turning his intention to the woman's voice, Turrin looked saw a completely white woman. The woman's skin and curly hair was completely white. She was a quite a attractive woman, but she looked sickly, slightly malnourished, and the woman was walking with a walking stick. She didn't look old at all. It was quite the opposite because she seemed quite young in the half breed's eyes. Turrin didn't want to make the mistake like he did with the blacksmith woman and just stare at her. The Inarta thought carefully about what to say before he answered. Returning the smile, he said, “Well it really depends on what you want your body art to symbolizes. My shoulder tattoo symbolizes my father's homeland of Taloba. Of course you don't have to your tattoo symbolizes anything either. It could be your favorite animal, or you can just think a tattoo can be pretty or have just bad-arse tattoo like the akalak in front of me.” Looking at the woman, Turrin felt friendly today, so he offered the spot in front of him in line with his hand and said with small laugh, “I will probably be in this line for another bell, so if you want to join me while you decide on a tattoo. I wouldn't mind the company.”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Getting Ink’d (Turrin)

Postby Miralyn on May 15th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Miralyn
”Kontinese" | ”Common Tongue" | ”Fratava"

Not having any real drawing skill might make it hard to convey her thoughts to the tattoo artist. Unlike many here the Konti was actually thankful that the line was so long because it meant she’d have some time to think. And it being a line meant that when she got to the front, it would be difficult and awkward for her to back out of the tattoo, especially now that she had the attention of someone in the line and that he had graciously allowed her to stand in front of him. She’d made contact, and now she was to listen to him speak. He seemed friendly, though she still couldn’t help but to look him up and down before nodding and accepting the space in front of him.

He spoke about his tattoo a little. Mentioned ‘Taloba’ his fathers homeland. The Konti couldn’t say she knew really anything about it other than it was full of dangerous rainforests. He did seem rather ‘wild’ based on just his appearance alone. Personality wise she was getting friendly and polite vibes from him. She wondered what he was wearing, it didn’t look like anything found here. She found hery eyes brushing over the strange garment for a second trying to place it. She could feel her curiosity growing, and she felt safe enough where she was. The man explained the different reasons people had for getting tattoo’s. She never thought about getting a tattoo simply because it looked cool. A waste of money, she figured. But something that she could look at, and find meaning in, that would be worth spending a little of her wage on.

She took a peek at the Akalak’s tattoo when he mentioned it. It didn’t really appeal to her. “I don’t think I want to spend money on something that just looks nice...” She said almost as if she were speaking aloud to herself> She still had a long time to decide. She opened her sketch book and wrote some notes in Kontinese ‘Flowers...?’ She crossed it out immediately afterwards. It would remind her of home, and her favorite festival of all time back in Mura, but she felt so different now. She didn’t feel she deserved to put that on her skin. It wouldn’t be like this man’s tattoo, she assumed, he probably didn’t just abandon his hometown for a strange man. The next not she wrote down was her mothers name, but doing so made her feel even more guilty. She couldn’t do that either..

She closed her book for a moment and looked up at the man, trying to get rid of the stress this was causing her “So, what’s your name?” She asked him, and then soon provided her own “I am Marilyn.” She gave him a small smile, before it faded again “You said you were from Taloba, I’m afraid I don’t know anything about the place, what’s it like?” She asked him inquisitively “Does everyone get that tattoo there?” She added as an afterthought “I wouldn’t call myself... well traveled, but I could trade ya something ‘bout where I’m from” She suggested.

Template by Elin <3
Miralyn
Player

Words: 20797
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2017, 7:19 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets