[Mizahar] Forming A Band- Interested?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Baran on June 6th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Hello all!

So, starting Summer 517 AV, Baran is experiencing a series of reoccurring dreams, in which he hears a drummer, a bagpipe/drone instrument player, and a female singer. These dreams are going to culminate in Baran (eventually) forming a band. Link.

This is where you come in! I'm looking for three PCs who could fill these roles. It doesn't matter if you don't have a skill in music, as long as your PC would have a feasible IC reason for taking up an instrument. This band could hold many different aims and goals. Baran's aims would be one of adventure and travel- to become a proper bard. Other PCs could use the band as a cover to propel their own agenda in different cities. For instance, if you were a follower of a particular god and you wanted to spread their influence, you could play in the band and spread your god's word wherever the band travelled to.

This is a plan which would require a fair bit of time to bring to fruition, but I feel would provide a lot of fun- a chance to develop interesting dynamics between a small, manageable group of PCs, learn new skills, develop your own PC... etc., etc. Drop me a message below if you're interested. :)
Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 6th, 2017, 9:14 pm

This seems pretty interesting. Infilia could fill a couple of those roles for Barans' band. Infilia can play the flute, she dances, and her language is spoken through song. Plus, her dream is to become a notorious performer in Mizahar and she currently resides at Alvadas where I'm planning on keeping her for the time being. At least for another year or so. Depending on how things go and what not. Whatcha say? Up for a little sing song? :)
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Gossamer on June 7th, 2017, 12:57 pm

This is a great idea! Starting something ic is always fantastic. I hope more pcs jump on board.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Baran on June 7th, 2017, 8:24 pm

Heh, I hope so too! ;)

Infilia: Thank you for the interest! I would definitely be interested in this offer. Now, Baran is currently in Ravok and I hope to develop some ties here for a little while first. However, he has history in Alvadas (it was where he first learnt to play and where he spent the majority of his childhood) and so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make him visit there at some point. Whether the two would get on personality-wise is another question, but I certainly won't discount it. ;) Would Infilia be the singer then?
Baran

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 7th, 2017, 9:39 pm

I haven't had any threads as of yet where she really sung. Literally I had one that I've winged when I first made her, but her singing won't be in the common tongue. Since Vantha sing with their language, Vani I would probably have to flesh out some unique singing threads for Infilia during this time period. We could have Baran and Infilia meet during some musical dream, and Infilia's voice was the talent that Baran could be searching for?
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Baran on September 1st, 2017, 4:36 pm

I am bumping this thread to see if there would be any interest for plots starting Winter 517 onwards. :)
Baran

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on September 1st, 2017, 7:42 pm

I mean

I'm not opposed to thos great idea
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 6:14 pm

I'm highly interested thou I'm still new. I'm skeptical my character should be a florist slash gardener in Alvadas but I'm interested with the band travelling thing errr. will follow this thread-
Sam Blackthorn
I call myself by many names

Words: 2386
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Postby Baran on December 1st, 2017, 9:59 am

Thanks for the interest nevertheless!

Baran's becoming a slave this season but I'm still looking for musician PCs that could meet in a dream thread for crazy shenanigans. :)
Baran

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes