Solo [Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Robin explores part of Riverfall and even buys some stuff

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 14th, 2017, 9:56 am

Image
15th of Summer, 2nd bell, 5th chime


Robin never lingered much in marketplaces or the like even if he did had the tendency to walk through them frequently. Back in Sunberth walking anywhere had you at risk of pickpockets amongst other things, and marketplaces usually had the largest concentrations thereof. Here, in Riverfall? While he wasn’t certain he preferred to err on the side of caution rather as he kept his arms close to his pockets.

The area was remarkably colorful, what with all the stalls and tents littering the place. Business folk either advertising their wares by shouting or with clever words, some letting their wares doing the talking for them via sight or smell. Most of these business folk happened to be Akalaks of the blue skinned variety, and few of those were of differing pigments. The remaining seemed to be humans, and of that most of them were females.

The same ratio applied to the tourists and customers themselves, further extending that to the entire city. ‘ Ma woulda loved this’ He mused, though he reckoned his Da would have opposing words on the matter.

Aside from that curiousity, he focused back on the place and was gratified for the presence of cool light breezes and shades brought by the large trees and rocks surrounding the place. As summer settled so too did the heat and by the gods was it sweltering. Here, he could observe everything in peace and not have to worry about becoming a puddle of sweat.

Speaking of observing, he looked upon the perusing crowds and noted, perhaps for many times since his arrival, the mixed families of Akalak and other female species. A small Akalak child being carried upon the shoulders of his father who watched the world with silent curiosity, his human mother examining fruits upon a stand.

Another Akalak was with another much older youth, explaining to him something as he held up pair of weapons of differing quality. Another youth walked past them, carrying a couple of crates to a stall manned by one of the few male humans then staying to help sort them upon the stall.

And as he wandered further he encountered a trio of Akalak in formation, patrolling the Bazaar like the gangers back home did ‘ I’m reckonin’ they ain’t gangers though an’ more the local law’ Robin hazard. He’d no doubt there were more patrolling elsewhere in the same area, making sure everything is on the up and up.

If they weren’t moving like that he would have easily guessed them as just another bunch taking a looksee, but their eyes actively wandering gave it away. They would give a spot more than one glance as they passed by and never linger long. Just long enough to note anything wrong or not.


He took his curious gazes off them as he resumed his own, more leisurely wanderings, stopping at one particular stall that sold simple clothing. The Akalak trader approached him. Voice stoic but pleasant as he extended a shirt of earth brown to him and allowed for Robin to examine the fabric.

It was linen, something he could certainly use as his hand ran against the soft fabric. This had also left him aware of the fact that he hadn’t much clothing other than the one he was wearing. He smacked his lips, realizing the necessity. He looked to the trader, getting a silent look from him and a raised brow, pointed at the earth brown shirt and raised 4 fingers then turning to a thumbs up.

When asked for if he wanted pants with that, Robin merely nodded again and raised the same number of fingers. Someone would most definitely assume him mute, but that didn’t bother him. The Akalak examined him curiously, taking a step back to make certain of Robin’s height and style of clothing. With a nod he went about it as he gathered four brown shirts and four pairs of pants.

When asked for style variations he gave a shake of his head, feeling it more prudent to focus on need than luxury, even minor bits of it. With all said and done it costed him about 3 gold and 5 silver, a surprisingly fair amount than what he was used.

Some chumps woulda taken twice that back at the ‘berth’ he mused, pulling out the currency and placing it in the Akalaks hand, who gave a pleased nod and handed Robin his clothing which were wrapped in canvas and tied by string, making for easier transportation.

With that said and done, he made his way to further explore.

Ledger :
4x linen pants: 8 sm x 4 = 3.2 GM

4x linen shirts: 1 sm x 4 = 4 SM

Total= 3.6 GM
Last edited by Robinson Gilli on June 18th, 2017, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor


"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
User avatar
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog
 
Posts: 111
Words: 88467
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 14th, 2017, 11:26 am

Image
Carrying his clothing, he moved about some more. So far rather enjoying the experiance presented by the air. His eyes did their usual travelling as they eyed the people walking by. His eyes admittedly lingering on a Konti passing. He sighed wistfully, just because he could challenge an Akalak in regards to keeping calm didn’t mean him dead where it mattered especially with the blond haired ladies running about.

His gaze did not linger further however it noted the couple of men who followed her about protectively, and like any sane man who knew better switched to watch other people as he walked upon the stone path carrying his parcels of clothing in hand.

Soon he stopped in front of another stall, one that sold some weapons of the bladed variety manned by a young, green skinned, Akalak with a fresh face. An apprentice craftsman wishing to sell his wares, perhaps? Most of them held no interest to him, he had to admit. He already had his axe didn’t he?

So his eyes fell upon the smaller blades, the daggers and knives, something he could make more practical use of. One caught his eye with its simple straight single-edge and leather grip.

“Might I feel o’ that?” He said pointing to the knife, his first words of the day spoken although the lad had no way of knowing that. Weighing the knife in hand and examining the sharpness, he found the 5 inch knife to be satisfactory. Handing it back, he gave the lad a thumbs up and made to reach for his money pouch.

The lad gave a nod of satisfaction, totaling him for a humble 5 silver for which Robin placed in his hand and took the knife again and slipping it into his. He gave the lad a nod of farewell and walked off.


By that time, he decided to leave the comforts of the Bazaar in favor for an abode more satisfying. Specifically he hungered and wanted a place to eat.

Recalling the scroll, the one with business provided to him once he entered the city, he recalled something about a tavern that was nearby to the Bazaar whose actual name he’d had trouble pronouncing. Feeling a tad awkward, knowing it was nearby, he chose to ask one of the thousands of Akalak for its whereabouts and was promptly pointed to go around the corner right of the Bazaar’s entrance.

From that point it was simply follow the noise inside. His ears were struck with a cacophony of chatter as sailors, locals and travelers crowded the place. Red lanters were strewn about the area giving of an edge yet calming glow. He groaned mentally, if he did not wish for a place to sit while he ate he would have probably checked the stalls back in the Bazaar.

Going inside, he found himself an empty table for him to occupy and place his belongings. Soon he was approached by a human gal with a pleasant smile, asking if he wanted food or drink. He responded for both and much like his purchases were simple in nature;

A chunk of meat, a loaf of bread and a simple mug of ale.

Using his new knife, he began cutting bread into an uneven half, cutting it further to make room for the meat as he cut the chunk into smaller bits and placed them in. An impromptu sandwich of sorts he supposed and one he was fine with as he bit into the first half.

While he did so he ended up people watching again. Funnily enough, there was more a variety of species than perhaps anywhere else. Well, more like much less blue skinned giants and more say Humans, Svefra and the like.

They were noisy to be sure, telling each other jokes, complaining about whats what, and all the usual stuff one would expect to hear in a tavern. One particular group was composed entirely of sailors or so he assumed judging by the short sleeves of their attire and the general rowdiness that only sailors seemed to have.

They were joyfully playing a card game although one of them had this surly look as if he expected one of them was cheating ‘ mayhaps ‘e is’ Mused Robin, probably a card tucked under a bracer and such. Or perhaps the surly one just didn’t like to lose and would have sought any excuse not to lose any money.

Robin smirked lighly, taking out another chunk of his meal. Now if they just had some rotted floor wood, some idiots making for a brawl, and an equally surly bartended it would be just like home.

Ledger :
5 inch knife with leather grip= 5 SM

Food prices based on Kulkukan price list
1 mug of ale= 4 CM
1 loaf of bread = 2 CM
1 chunk of meat= 4 sm

Total= 4.11 SM
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor


"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
User avatar
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog
 
Posts: 111
Words: 88467
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 16th, 2017, 6:07 am

Image
From then on he simply listened, ears open to the constant chatter. The delicious food sedated him to laziness as he leaned back on his chair and cradled his mug of ale as his closest companion. From a table he heard one boast about catching the largest fish one ever did see, size of a man and child and could feed ‘em a whole week too.


Don’t matter the port, if fisherman be about then there’z boastin’ about their rods an’ their fish’ Came the amused thoughts, he imagined it was true everywhere else. Of course it didn’t limit itself to fishing. Robin reckoned he heard enough boasts back in the Berth that he could write a book about it, providing he could write well and he had the inclination to actually do so.


On another table he saw a man and woman looking softy at each other, a game of romance occurring between them and both quite enjoying it. It brought him a pang to see that, not a pang of envy mind but it did remind him of ma and da. The two people who found romance in a cesspool and somehow thrive despite it. He considered them Sunberth’s legitimate miracle that and none would ever be able to convince him otherwise.


It was then, from a particularly quiet yet crowded table, he’d heard the sound of harsh whispers that then jumped to in volume occasionally only to fall back into whispers. They weren’t a suspicious lot, well alright they did but they looked more…. Panicked? Worried?


“She was there I swear!” he heard one exclaim in a raised tone, only to be quiet down by another. From then he could only get gestures, one trying to calm the other, various hand gestures and what not. One had a look of ill disbelief, as if what heard was one bad joke and then his hand shot to grip the one who spoke, his teeth bare and muttering what was no doubt harsh words.

“I swear it…” This time the loud one caught himself, lowering his tone even as a sweat of panic dripped down his brow. The group of men looked ill again, one of them deciding to end the conversation with a chop of his hands as he then drank his entire mug.


Wha? Them water rats did somethin’ nefarious or somethin’ an’ they mucked up?’ He didn’t know what had them worried, but that mental accusation soon died as he saw the mournful look on them. As if a tragedy played out on their minds and they knew for sure it would never leave.

Robin frowned, curious but knowing it was not his business. A man’s tragedy is his own, you don’t just go about opening the wounds ‘less you’ve damn good reasons.


Feeling it was time to get, he picked up his belongings and made his way out of the tavern. Deciding to walk off his meal and jus’ go on home.
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor


"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
User avatar
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog
 
Posts: 111
Words: 88467
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 17th, 2017, 9:21 pm

Image
He couldn’t quite get the scene out of his mind, admittedly their dread was quite a bit more than curious. But he paid no heed in the end, after all it was no business of his even as the curiosity racked his mind. For now he would focus his intent on just enjoying a walk and delivering his purchases back to his abode.

His wanderings took him to the nearby Semele Park. Of the many things he found so vastly different from what he was used, it was perhaps these parks that epitomize these feelings. Everything was so… tidy, clean, and beautiful. It was like nothing he’d ever seen back home. Instead of making him feel relax, this beauty surrounding him, it made him feel ever so conscious.

He never really questioned the Sunberth lifestyle, he just lived it. To him it was like seeing the same face every day, it was so normal you hardly ever think to notice there was something wrong with it. Here… it was as if someone sewed his eyes open rather than shut. It made him question whether life in Sunberth was truly good.

It was just a park, yet the power behind it was grand.

He forced himself wander its stone paths once more, the weaving pathways showing him sights simple yet beautiful. Times he’d pass a statue of the gods, gods whose names he’d no knowledge off. They never played a part in his life, he thought, so why think of them? After some more wandering he finally sat upon a bench, breathing a deep breath of…. Of…. He didn’t know.

He breathed it all the same as he brought his hands to his face and wiped the mental exhaustion from his face. Perhaps it was time to go and rest, far better than wrack his mind over personal dillemmas with no apparent solution in reach.

As he got up from his seat, he gave one last around the park. Clearly a beautiful thing to behold, but not yet for him he supposed. It was then his eyes laid upon a wandering figure, an older human woman who looked most distraught. Her face twisting in discomfort as her eyes darted around most erratically, as if searching for something.

Finally, she sat upon a bench that was a small distance away of him. It reminded him of the people back in the tavern, their discomfort was not unlike hers. For the briefest of moments, he entertained the idea of asking her what was wrong but then tossed it away like it was some sick joke.

I’z the last to be talkin’ to others ‘bout fixin’ their problems, sides woulda jus’ be makin’ a fool of me self’ He concluded bitterly. His curiosity would have to be tossed aside, leave the worried woman to an Akalak to handle.

For him, it was simply time to lay down and sleep after an alright day.
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor


"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
User avatar
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog
 
Posts: 111
Words: 88467
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)] Shoping with Robin

Postby Grim Ravenwood on July 4th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Your Grades

Skills:
Observation: 4
Logic: 1

Lores:
Akalak: Protective of their females
Location: Zhongjie Warren
Self: Minding his own business
Location: Semele Park

Grader's Comments:
Please be sure to delete your post in the request thread. Also, if there is any issue with the grade itself, drop me a pm. Not much i could award here, but still be sure to enjoy your grades while you can, they are to die for.

As always, Death guide you mercenary~
Grim
User avatar
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~
 
Posts: 100
Words: 89520
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Location: Riverfall
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests