Placeholder Please Mister Postman (Karyk)

A long distance call - Ravok arrival No Sooner Than 77th Fall, 517 AV

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Please Mister Postman (Karyk)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on June 15th, 2017, 5:01 pm

45th Summer 517 AV
Riverfall

Placeholder: To Arrive in Ravok No Sooner Than 77th Fall 517 AV

Silver moonbeams dance with sails’ shadows across the ship’s deck at the behest of Leth and Laviku. Their presence together in full glory makes the night seem as light as noon-day to Salara’s eyes as she looks forward out upon the water. Their joining upon the horizon left a bright-lighted carpet on black velvet calling her to follow their path to the depths of anywhere. This dance between moon and sea was at least as beautiful as the one that just ended between Laviku and Syna. The sun had dipped below Laviku’s form, revealing the colors of her skirts - rose, azure, and garnet; full of fiery promises to return another day. Lucky Laviku to have such constant companions.

Oh, so peaceful. The calm of gentle winds and waves washed through her. The trip had not been all that kind. A different sort of challenge than caravanning and battling across the Wildlands with cherished friends. Here there had been the longest nights between long days of tedium, longer days of hard training for body and mind, and plenty of time to consider and discover more of her self. She felt she had grown and was finer tuned to meet whatever lay before her. And it had made her wonder… how was he?

Earlier this day, impelled, her fingers had taken it upon their own to put ink to parchment. Then they had pointed the way to Captain Barkholt. She’d spent a good bit of time with him as she had many of the crew. Close quarters made every person a captive audience and every one had a story; he knew hers very well. He’d been kindly to her even when she didn’t deserve so after a ruckus or two along the way. “Eh, missy, you want to do what?” Lifting his tricorn hat by a tip between two fingers, he scratches his head with the other three before setting it back upon his head.

By the odd look he gave her, it must have been the oddest request. How did other people do it? Perhaps they didn’t? If not, it seemed like someone should figure out a way how, “If you please, I’d like this letter delivered to Ravok.” She waggled the sealed missive before him. “I’ll pay you 100 gold Mizas to see it gets there.”

“Awww missy, it’s not like I’m not good for it you see; but the ‘Lass’ will only go as far as Laviku’s edge but then I cannot guarantee a reliable carrier over-land to get it through Nyka, much less to Ravok. In the best case it’ll be near the end of fall before it would get there. Keep your coin. Buy something nice for yourself with it.”

Sending it wouldn’t quite break her as Fallon was covering all her expenses, so she just smiles at his sound fatherly advice; and as any youth does – disregards, “I’m sure you are right Captain, but if I’m to spend it frivolously then this is the way I choose to do so.”

“Alright then.” His wind and sea ravaged face showed patient resignation, “Seems you’ve set your mind on it so I’ll do my best to see it gets through. But remember, the odds are slim that this little bit of paper will make it so far.”

“Thank you, ser. It’s unlikely that I will ever know if it reaches its destination or not but at least I’ll know I tried.” Before handing him the letter she sticks an edge of it between her teeth, embossing the paper with a crescent set of dimpled bite marks. It was addressed thus:

Shipwright: Karyk Southwind
c/o Ravok
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)