Open Freke's Strole

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on June 26th, 2017, 3:18 am

Image

35 day of Summer 3 bells before dawn


Waking in the early morning hours Freke got out of his bed and made it. Remaining naked he did a quick look over his room, picking a few items up to clean it before leaving Leaving his room he didn't see anyone on his way outside. As the outside door closed he shifted into his wolf form, sat down, and looked around. Kavala had told him he could shift as he wished but this was the first time he'd changed and wasn't helping with The Sanctuary. Sitting there he looked around, and tried to pick a place to walk to but came up with nothing. Standing he slowly started to walk, no real destination in mind.

As Freke came upon the animal pens he watched them with curiosity, but gave them a wide birth. Once again the animals did not react, so he dared to get closer and look over the different animal pens. While trying to stay about 15 feet away, where possible, Freke quietly watched them. Nearing the chickens he noticed that they seemed nervous, and while they didn't go into a panic, they did give him a wide birth as well. Thinking he'd disturbed the animals enough for the day Freke headed out to the open grass to see if he could find any prey, preferably something small like a rabbit.

It took several bells before Freke saw any signs of animals being active, which didn't surprise him considering the time. While he thought it might be a rabbit, he wasn't positive, he didn't have much practice hunting in the wild. Walking up slowly Freke kept his body low to the ground, his natural black color making it easier for him to hide. His movements precise Freke's senses sharpened as he focused on his prey, moving his ears he listened for other predators trying to sneak up on him or the prey he was after. Each step was slow and carefully placed but before he got to far the animal fled. It took Freke a couple chimes to realize what happened, he didn't pay attention to the wind and it made the mistake of being upwind.. Having spent a couple more bells looking and failing in trying to hunt Freke decided to head back to the Sanctuary. He did come close once, only just missing the hair when he tripped over a small hole, and got his foot stuck for a moment.

As he arrived in the Sanctuary the sun had been up for half a bell. Shifting back into his human form he walked to the kitchen and started making himself a simple sandwich, heavy on the meat, got some water, sat down, and enjoyed his food. He didn't expect to catch anything today, he was some how a bit depressed by it. His sandwich gone Freke stood in the kitchen and considered his choices. He didn't have any real plans for the day, did he want to head out and try his hand at hunting again? Or would he do something else?
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on July 1st, 2017, 6:11 pm

Image
Deciding he'd head in to town Freke gathered some clothes, rolled them together tightly, and headed outside. As he looked down the path Freke considered for a moment about taking a horse into Riverfall but decided against it, he didn't have much experience with them. After shifting he used his mouth to grab his clothes, and jogs into the city, enjoying the freedom. The city gates in view he took few chimes to shift back into a human and got dressed.

Entering the city he realizes he has no idea where to go, his first thought was to go to the sasaran to train. As he approached the bridge Freke saw a poster for the Monstrous Menagerie, he heard about it from others in passing. Changing his mind Freke turned around and started for the zoo, if half of the species were there that he heard were there he'd love to get a upclose look at them. It would be a good chance to see a glassbeak up close, see what the fuss was about.
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Freke's Strole

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 5th, 2017, 4:24 am

Image
Aliana sat up in bed yawning while rubbing her eyes. The soft cries of her daughter Larrisa could be heard through out the apartment. Ink sat by the door to the room whining and scratching at it; the male dog had taken a liking to the child from the moment she was born. That helped the transition greatly when the two were brought home from the Sanctuary. Walking around the apartment, the Isur worked on getting the three prepared to face the day. Popping her neck, she dressed the baby trying to decide what to do. The trio could not go back to the forge since all the noise would cause the baby to cry and not sleep. So she had told her workers to mind the shop, while she was away. Holley had happily agreed before continuing her work.

“The Meanagrie,” Aliana whispered.

She had not been there since her arrival at the city. Word had it that there was glassbeaks and even other human like races trapped within. Slowing her movements to a stop the thought passed her mind of other Isur's being locked up like animals. Making a face, the woman shook her head and went back to finishing the wrapping child in the back wrap. Once the little one was situated, the mother put her in front to where she could see. Patting her leg, she opened the door and let Ink out first before exiting the room as well. Locking up the group was soon off on their way to the zoo. Getting directions, the woman walked out into the streets squinting at the brightness of Syna's light. Shading her eyes for a moment, the girl looked around trying to get her barrings and see which direction to go in, after several chimes the Isur's eyes finally adjusted allowing her to take lead.

“Best get moving, it's not getting any cooler,” Aliana stated quietly knowing Larrisa did not need to be in the heat for long.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
User avatar
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved
 
Posts: 109
Words: 54533
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on July 6th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Image
As he walked into the zoo Freke saw several people going in as well, it seemed like this was a fairly popular place. There were a few shops selling toys and trinkets, things mostly for kids it looked like, toy glassbeaks, deer, and various other animals, he even saw a small food vender. Going to the map of the zoo Freke looked at where the different exhibits are, taking special note of the prey animals of the grasslands, he wanted to get a good look at the different animals he could hunt, and make sure he knew their scents. Wanting to visit the glassbeaks first, it would be a good idea to learn about the biggest threat out there first.

A woman stood out as Freke walked deeper into the zoo, for some reason she had a purple arm, she looked human, she just dyed her arm for some reason, carrying a child and with a dog. Not meaning to Freke was staring at her arm, wondering why it was purple. Not paying attention to where he was going Freke accidently walked into a family leaving the zoo. "I'm so sorry, it was my fault" he said while bowing "I should have been paying more attention". Not seeing the woman, after excusing himself from the family, Freke walks to the glassbeak exhibit.

It was truly impressive how massive they were, it was clear why everyone feared them. Looking at the informational plaque Freke read about them, but when he read they've found some as big as 9 feet Freke's eyes went wide. Looking back at the animal itself he started sniffing, picking out all the scents and trying to figure out which belongs to the glassbeak, slowly closing his eyes Freke focuses almost exclusively on his nose.
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Freke's Strole

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 13th, 2017, 4:35 am

Image
Walking down the road, she got directions to zoo. It took some time for the girl to arrive with the dog and baby in tow. Though the happy cooing from Larrisa caused the mother to smile gently at her. Looking up at the road, the woman just barely dodged getting run over by a man pushing a cart. She just turned and continued on her way not bothered by the shouting from him. Soon the group made it to the zoo. With a smile, the woman tickled the small child before walking up to the map telling where everything was. Taking note of the Symenstra cage along with the Glassbeak location, the mother decided to go to the dangerous glass creatures first.

“Glassbeaks first?” Aliana asked looking down at Ink.

With a smile the woman petted the animal's head before walking on ahead. The mother was completely unaware of the man who had spotted her and taken notice of the strange color to her arm. Many children would point and ask their mother or father about it. Smiling the woman knelt down and let several come over and see how it felt to touch the appendage before giggling and running back to their family. Standing back to her full height, the woman continued her walk finally making it to the exhibit. She did not pay attention while staring at the creatures when she ran into someone almost knocking them both over. The woman jerked around to growl at the person before stopping. There was something about him that did not strike her as volatile towards anyone else.

“Oh sorry about that. I guess thats what I get for not watching where I am going,” the Isur said.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
User avatar
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved
 
Posts: 109
Words: 54533
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on July 20th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Image
Lost in his nose, picking up different scents from food, different people, food, the different animals in the exhibits close by Freke ignored the outside world as he tried to sort them out and pick out possible smells that could be the glassbeaks. When a woman bumped into Freke it took him a several chimes to fully come back to there here and now and realize what happened. "No need to apologize, I wasn't paying attention as well." He told her with a smile. As he looked her over his eyes lingered on her arm, he realized this was the woman he saw earlier. Realizing he was staring Freke bows slightly "Sorry about that."
Looking back to the glassbeaks Freke asks "Have you seen them before? I've never seen them up close like this"
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Freke's Strole

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 22nd, 2017, 4:12 am

Image
Aliana was not surprised by the man staring at her arm. Gazing back to the beasts that were caged in front of them, she was glad to have not seen them on her adventures. The woman had heard stories for years of just a young glassbeak being able to kill an entire caravan on its own.

“Not up close. I have heard many stories of their abilities. Of course I am thankful, most do not survive an attack by them,” Aliana stated before looking at the man with a smile, “you are surprised by my arm yes?”

The young mother calmed her little one before explaining that she was known as an Isur. Turning the girl allowed him to look at the mark of Izentor. The first thing to catch her eye was his unusual eye color. Not many out side of the Vantha had eyes that same color. Before stopping herself the girl asked if they were natural or if he was a Vantha in disguise. To keep from getting him in trouble should he be, the woman kept her voice low while watching for a nervous twitch. Many people had them though they did not know it. More times than not the twitch would show itself when the person was lying.

Larissa cooed gently looking around them at everything that was going on or at least what could be seen from where she was strapped in at. Raising her hand the mother allowed her to chew on a finger content as could be. The feeling would change however once the child had teeth growing in. Thankfully for now that was at least a couple of years away, by then she hoped to have a thriving business and some kind of handle on being a mother. Kavala had warned her that with each new phase of the little one's life would be a new learning curve.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
User avatar
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved
 
Posts: 109
Words: 54533
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on July 24th, 2017, 2:30 pm

Image
Looking back to Aliana as she spoke he smiled a little "They do look rather imposing, I see why they are so feared and have no doubts the stories are true. I'm glad we didn't encounter them on our way here." Rubbing his neck Freke's eyes glazed over and he looked off into the distance, seeing something that wasn't there. In his mind he was bound to the pole again, a collar around his neck, desperate for food and water. Quickly shaking himself out of it Freke smiled again. "Sorry, I didn't mean to stare. I've seen Isur before in passing, just never so close"

Watching the baby Freke caught a glimpse at her mark, a Gnosis mark he asked himself "My eyes are natural, I am a Kelvic." a little confused why she was whispering he whispered his reply back to her "Is there a reason were whispering now? He hadn't heard of a Vantha before, but it had his interest if she suddenly felt the need to whisper. His eyes moved to the baby than the dog with her, could it have something to do with them?
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Freke's Strole

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 25th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Image
Aliana relaxed when the man denied being a Vantha, that meant there was less danger for her family. Popping her neck, the woman rested against the small wall that was beside the two. Raising her purple arm up, she smiled gently allowing Larissa to nibble on it at her own leisure. Tickling under the little one’s chin, the baby giggled and kicked her feet while throwing her arms around.

“You must not have heard the announcement at the start of Spring. The Vantha are being hunted down and killed for Morwen’s crime. When the goddess decided not to bring winter, there was a huge notice sent out from what I understand everywhere. It called for the life of her people as punishment for not doing her job. To my knowledge those harboring a Vantha were put to death as well. Of course, that could just be rumors. My self personally kept my nose out of it,” Aliana stated, “that’s why I spoke in a whisper. I may not condone what their leader did, but I will not cause innocent people to die.”

The Isur had not really given the order much mind since everything quieted down shortly after. Many went back to their everyday lives without another thought, and so the young mother had done the same. As time had proved since her time in Avanthal, no one would look out for her. She could only trust herself to watch her back. Perhaps someday that would be changed, but until that day came the woman felt more on her own now than she had ever dreamed. Pushing her feelings down, the girl shook her head and returned her attention to the man before her.

“You look uncomfortable. I don’t scare you do I?” Aliana asked with a smirk.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
User avatar
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved
 
Posts: 109
Words: 54533
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Freke's Strole

Postby Freke on August 2nd, 2017, 3:32 pm

Template created by Gossamer

Image
Watching Aliana with her child Freke smiled, they were cute together, and the little one seemed well mannered. Not having much experience with children he didn't know how to judge the two of them, but she seemed like a loving mother in his eyes, he wondered what it would of been like to of have that. I think I remember hearing something about that, but I..... I wasn't able to hear a lot of those things on my travels." Looking around at the people walking by and the different parts of the zoo around him Freke tried to keep his mind off the subject. "I wouldn't want to harm another for actions they had no say in. Taking a moment to think about it Freke couldn't help but wonder. "I understand wanting winter, keeping the balance and everything, but why would people object to going without winter for a year? Start the growing season early, get a larger yield of crops this year"

Looking back at Aliana Freke put on his mask, the only emotion showing on his face was a smile "Sorry no, I'm fine. Please don't worry about it. If I may ask, how long have you been here, in Riverfall? I came early last season." Watching the Glassbeaks Freke looked at their sharp beaks. He knew he had no way to defend himself against them, he'd need to make sure he could avoid them, which wouldn't be easy. "I'll need to take care when hunting them" Freke said more to himself, not realizing he said it out loud
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
User avatar
Freke
Player
 
Posts: 34
Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests