Undertaking expansion

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Undertaking expansion

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 26th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Well, seeing as there is no text on the skill link whatsoever, i thought that it would be nice if i wrote it - unless someone else is already making it. The first part of the new skill thread would describe the basic duties of an undertaker, such as embalming, cremation, funeral rites and seeing as in Mizahar (at least in some places like Sunberth), being the undertaker also means being the city's gravekeeper, maybe a bit of info regarding gravekeeping and maintaining graveyards.

Then, a list of techniques used, and the tools required for preforming them, followed by their description. Then, a short explanation of how the process itself begins, and how it ends. Likewise, a paragraph or two regarding washing the body and makeup, alongside other aestethics.

After that, skill requirements and/or those that go hand in hand with undertaking, such as embalming, or medical knowledge should the body be in need of patching up.

After that, i would list the various funeral rites in the different regions of Mizahar, and the deeper meaning behind them, if any. From the burn and bury of Sunberth, to the meaningful rites of the Akalak, and some local customs, like removing flowers from one's house in Riverfall.

At the end of course, i would note down the differences between someone who knows how to throw a body into a coffin and cover it with earth, and someone who can make the client's family doubt that he ever died.

Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Undertaking expansion

Postby Gossamer on June 26th, 2017, 10:31 pm

You have permission to start this. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Undertaking expansion

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 26th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Many thanks~
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Undertaking expansion

Postby Gossamer on June 26th, 2017, 10:58 pm

I know with your interests that you'd do a very good job with this. It's also a skill that others have steered away from after showing interest because it had no details and they were not wanting to 'wing it' without some sort of guide. That's why I'm happy you are taking on this task or at least thinking of taking it on. Let us know if there's anything we can do to support your efforts. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Undertaking expansion

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 26th, 2017, 11:14 pm

As always, feedback would be appreciated once i begin with the actual development of the thread. I have never really done any development within Mizahar. I some experience building world on other sites, however, being the "typical" fantasy setting (elves, vampires and unicorns), i had much more freedom.

Hell, when i first came here, my first reaction was... "Well petch, this is on a whole new level." This is just another part of my "Help Mizz out Project". Apart for applying for the grader badge, i'll do some article developing.

Well, you only die once, i'm sure i'll manage...
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal