Closed Carpe Diem

Start the day right- Za'ir

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Carpe Diem

Postby Languish on July 12th, 2017, 5:18 am

[indent]20th of Summer, 517 AV
[justify]
Despite there being Judgements in little under a bell, the Judge's table was empty, as were the rows of seating for the audience. The room emanated, not the silence normal in Sahova that chilled bones and raised goosebumps, but the kind of silence reminiscent of a cold morning before even the birds had awoken. It was peaceful, almost.

It would never last.

They did not rush in the door, despite the narrow time frame. Really a Nuit was never in a rush, and these Nuit in particular knew they were important enough that nothing would start without them. Frankie Lee was first, long dark hair blowing behind her as the grand door opened. She made her way up the steps to sit at the table, where she folded her hands on her lap and waited patiently as her mind wandered.

Erikus and Erikur were also on the panel, though whose choice it was to put them together could never be known. Before they even made it through the door, their voices could be heard echoing down the hall.

"I don't know what you mean! I never saw the thing. You must have forgotten where you put it amongst all your other filth."

"No! You stole it! I know you did!"

"Boys," Frankie interrupted coolly as soon as they passed through the door, "Can we have just one day, please. Just one bell, even."

The ghosts pouted at each other for a tick before fading and rematerializing at the table. One brother (though hardly anyone could know which) grumbled from his spot. "Now look, you've set off Frankie."

"I- I set off Frankie?" The other sputtered in indignation.

It was then that their arguing was cut off, as the two best torturers in all of Sahova swung through the doors, matched in stride. Cryptly tipped his dilapidated hat to the table, grinning a wickedly toothy grin. Azhak, on the other hand, gave a cool glare. It couldn't be known which one did the trick, but the brothers shut up immediately.

"Don't worry, Miss Tieh. I've got your back." Cryptly said with a wink.

"Business, Cryptly." She responded simply.

"Alright, alright. If that's the way you want to be, let's get this on the road." Clearing his voice, the Nuit yelled out into the empty room. "Golem? Get the first Apprentice."

As the golem returned with the apprentice, Cryptly continued to growl out what were probably joking commands. "Miss Tieh doesn't have all day. Name and area of study, boy, let's get this moving."
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook