[Verified by Gossamer] Frouwenlop

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Frouwenlop

Postby Frouwenlop on July 16th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Frouwenlop

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 14th, Summer, 487
Birthplace: Sylira
Pronunciation: Fro-hen-lop

Appearance: 5'5'' man, shoulder-long brown hair, lumberjack-like beard. Brown eyes. Medium musculature. Low pitch voice.

Character Concept

Common man, doesn't wield magic not touched by the gods.
Naturally clumsy. Grumpy.
Dreads diseases.
May enjoy alcoholic beverage.. a bit too much.
Benevolent, good hearted, caring.
Offers his trust too easily.
Likes fishing and botany.

Character History

I am Frouwenlop. I am no craftman nor magic wielder. I am an ordinary man, son of a commoner.
I was raised by my father in the region of Sylira where I grew up and spent most of my life. My father was a caring man. Early in my life he taught me how to fish, so we can add a bit of flavor and some substance to our meals.
I never knew why a nobleman owed my father so much, but when my dearest person's hour had to come, this nobleman came to me and offered me to work at his behalf.
I didn't get much from my work, but it was easy and appeasing. I worked as a botanist, I was to look after a promenade where the fair people enjoyed it's tranquility while feeling the thrill of possible danger due to it's proximity to the city's edge -Obviously there was none, but it created a strange atmosphere the nobility loved particularly.

One day I caught a glimpse of an unusual visitor, a young lady strolling carelessly across the greenery. I didn't thought much about it, the days went by and I kept seeing her from time to time.
She looked a bit curious about my work tho. Trimming hedges and removing withered flowers aren't a fit of strength, nor even a craft, but it kept her attention focused. I ended up curious about her as well.
Why was her here so often, and why did she stayed always around my vicinity?
Quite the surprise when I saw her "true self" for the first time.
The day I tried to get in touch with her, she literally turned into a big cat and jumped above the shrubs in a matter of seconds. While I was absolutely astonished about what I just witnessed, I was also fairly worried about the nobles possibly being harmed by this feline woman.
I didn't expect to see her at the same spot a few hours later, but there she was, still stretching her legs while being a bit more aware of her surroundings. I acted like I didn't mind her presence, but I remained vigilant, and I kept this behavior for the next days to pass.
I noticed she carefully avoided any other people. I was the only one aware of her existence over there. I came to the conclusion my worries were for naught.
With time the natural barrier between us diminished.

Then, out of nowhere, she talked. She told me she liked what I was doing, that even if nature is harmful, that even if the wilderness can only bring danger, here I was, shaping it into a haven of colours and perfumes. She told me it was rare to see a place impregnated with peace, and that she liked it.
From that day we saw ourselves each days of the week. When the noblemen sauntered, she hid, then she came back and sat in my surroundings. Often she talked. I am not a talkative one tho, but I enjoyed when she did.
I learned she was a Kelvic. Once, she told me she was seeking a purpose. Once, I told her I was seeking one too.
Time flew by, I was getting a year older. The only thing that changed was our appellations, she called me Soulbond, I called her love.
I spent the most happiest years of my life. We ended up living under the same cottage. She was quite a remarkable huntress. She brought home the finest meat I could never afford. In exchange I taught her my "craft" as she called. I always felt dumb fighting with a net to catch a single fish while she was genuinely getting bigger ones just by jumping into the river while in her cat form.
As destiny may be delightful, it may be dreadful as well. This is what I learned when she came back from her hunt injured. She was harmed by a rabid beast. The fever rose fast. I couldn't afford more than a second tier doctor. She became delirious.
I was the one that hold her hands when she passed away.

I wasn't strong enough to handle this situation on my own.
I lost myself in the lower quarters of the city.
I always drank to the last Miza.
I fought for no reason.
I lost consciousness quite often.
I got stabbed, once.
I lost my purpose.

[That beverage burns going down
Old man pour me another round]

One night, I heard from the old man drinking next to me what will either be my salvation, or my doom. There was a notice about a party seeking versatile people to build a new settlement on the edge of the Falyndar rainforest.
He told me this far region holds many hidden treasures and secrets. If he were younger, he would jump at the opportunity and leave this accursed city at once.

[Cause it's my last night in town
And I ain't thinking of slowing down.]

This is when I realized. I found a way, to save myself.

[So I stumble home
Look at up my old memories
Tokens of him,
And my lover's brush she gave me
Keep it near your heart
She would always say
It's all she left
And that's where it'll stay.]

The next day I would bid my farewells to the nobleman that had taken me under his aegis. I never knew much about him, but I will always be grateful for without him, I wouldn't have met my love.

[A short walk to the cemetery
To pay respects before I leave
I run my fingers through her name
And the effigy.]

I sold my old cottage for a few Miza. Bought some equipment, an axe -that's cheaper than a sword, a round shield and some rations.

[I ain't no fortunate one
But I'm proud of what I've done.
Hardships, I've seen some
I ain't a coward I don't turn and run
I don't turn and run.]

I offered my services as a sellsword for nearly naught to the first merchant caravan that would travel West. I switched from caravans to caravans for months, until I would reach my destination.
Mizahar is a dangerous place. During my travels I witnessed potent fighters defending our convoys.
I learned on the job. I noticed I was quite proficient with an axe. I started to experiment an Axe and Board style of combat.
My overall shape improved, and I developed an effective sens of direction.
With time, I was able to afford better gear. Even a horse.
This trip was the dawn of my rebirth.

I feared I would lose myself, to myself.
But even the tiniest inch of fear disappeared once I witnessed the sight of the new founded settlement. Syka.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Weapon Skills: Battle Axe 10 SP 15 RB 25 Competent
Weapon Skills: Shield 5 SP 5 Novice
Land Navigation 5 SP 5 Novice
Endurance 5 SP 5 Novice
Running 5 SP 5 Novice
Brawling 5 SP 5 Novice
Fishing 10 SP 10 Novice
Botany 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Net Fishing Lore
Nobility's Etiquette Lore

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots

1 Waterskin

1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

1 large tent (4 person) that contains:
- 1 Large tarp, 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 torches, bedroll, blanket, fishing tackle & hooks, a compass, a full set of tack, and a large set of saddlebags

-1 Battleaxe
-1 Large Steel Shield
-1 Fishing Pole
-1 Fishing Kite
-1 Fishing Net
-1 Dagger
-1 Studded Leather Armor
-11lb of Salted Fishes
123 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Kelvic's Brush

Heirloom: Kelvic's Bursh[/googlefont][/color]

Housing

Tent package

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Battle Axe -10 GM 90 GM
Large Steel Shield -20 GM 70 GM
Fishing Pole -1 GM 69 GM
Fishing Kite -10 GM 59 GM
Fishing Net -4 GM 55 GM
Dagger -2 GM 53 GM
Sold Horse +150 GM 203 GM
Studded Leather Armor -25 GM 178 GM
Salted Fish 11lb -55 GM 123 GM

Thread List

05th of Summer, 517 AV
25th of Summer, 517 A.V.
25th of Summer, 517 A.V.
40th of Summer, 517 A.V.

[/indent]
Last edited by Frouwenlop on July 28th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 11 times in total.
Frouwenlop
Player

Words: 12398
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2017, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet