Closed Out of the Cage, into the Fire (Shainn)

Shainn is tasked with a personal mission

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Out of the Cage, into the Fire (Shainn)

Postby Prophet on March 15th, 2018, 2:26 am

Nyssa was over the whole ordeal. She did not like to repeat herself and she loathed to make exceptions. A large part of her wished to simply close the trap door and have them both drown but she knew an investment when one hit her bar floor. Shainn would come in handy- with some training. A smile tugged at her thick lips when the scruffy head emerged from the inky waters but it was one she quickly hid. A stiff upper lip and a quick nod was all it took. Tyson moved with surprising speed for such a big lummox as he slipped past the dripping kelvic and slammed the lip down on the trap door. Big fingers slid the bolt over and then the graceful leg of the woman kicked the rug back across the opening.

Now, she was smiling- a sinister grin that was equal parts alluring as it was intimidating. “Not what I expected but congratulations on your first kill, boy.” She shifted her shoulders so that one dipped well below the other like scales unbalanced then raised a hand that held some kind of treat up towards his face, her own following close behind. Tyson moved behind Shainn to keep him from running away. Keeping her fingers curled against her palm save for the index finger which now tried to touch the young man’s chin, the deep eyes lured him in with a fire of possibilities that he might never understand. Suddenly, she blew against her hand and her fingers flew open exposing a palm full of light blue powder.

Mevekal. The Ebonstryfe’s main resource for controlling kelvics is a drug that only takes a small amount to be effective. Once airborne, only miniscule doses need to be inhaled to force a kelvic to shift from one form to the next. Shainn might have had some experience with this at the KRI. However, it’s worth noting that the researchers tend to only use Mevekal when dealing with an unruly subject. The process of a force shift is not smooth like when a kelvic chooses to change forms. The drug is abrupt, disorienting and painful. The transition feels less like a glide, as some of the shifters have described it, and more like being turned inside out. Joints strain, senses behave strangely or temporarily cease to function and most muscles will contract or seize.

Once the owl appeared, it would be grasped by two large and powerful hands so that wings were useless and talons would be easily kept at a safe distance. Nyssa acted quickly at this point and clamped a collar around the bird’s neck. A simple adjustment made it too tight to remove then she twisted the hasp and locked the silver ring into place. She locked it with a key and stepped back as Tyson set the bird down on the floor.

“That’s a kelvic collar, boy. If you try and shift into human form while you wear it, you’ll break your own neck.” The woman swayed a bit with the simple euphoria of dominating someone so completely as she made her back onto the sitting couch. She slid over the cushions with a little twist of her hips which prevented the slit fabric tails of her dress from becoming tangled then spread herself out in a modest position of comfort. Her right floated up lazily to a round tin tray mounted upon a stand that was at the foot of her couch. “When you’re able, fly up and have a seat. I’m going to tell you how this works and you’re going to listen.” She didn’t wait for him to continue her speech.

“I need someone who can gather information more discretely than your average idiot.” Her gaze shifted to Tyson who just so happened to be staring at his boots. The woman sighed. “I’m not easy to please but if you do manage to make me happy, I can be very, very generous.” Delicate fingers played with the long locks of curly hair that matched the darkness of Lake Ravok’s waters. The cold gaze shifted to her new pet. “I hope you like work, boy...I’ve got a lot of it.”

Boxcode credit: Karin Ironyach.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Out of the Cage, into the Fire (Shainn)

Postby Shainn on March 15th, 2018, 3:11 am

Title

Day, Season,Year

When Shainn was man-handled by Tyson, he had a bad feeling in his stomach. Just soon after, Nyssa congratulated him on his first kill. This wasn't it was it? He didn't kill her? He was damn sure he didn't kill her. He felt like he was in shock, speechless even. As if someone's favorite sword had been split into two. Never to be repaired again, his heart felt crushed. A heavy weight sat on his shoulders as he was on the ground, soaking in the physical wetness of the water, but a heavy water that felt so deep mentally where he will never ever be able to get over.

Yes, he knew that Ravok would be a place of murder and what people had called justice, but this. This didn't feel right. If he did murder her, he could say that it was okay and that it was unintentional, but was there a thing such as unintentional murder?

There were a few tears that dripped down his cheeks. He knew that he wasn't going to save Corbin, because he wasn't going to be able to save himself. He looked back, wanting to run away. He wanted to say something. To protest against this bitch who was manipulating him in a way where he felt violated; and not in a good way either. It felt like poison was dripping down his throat, slowly killing him.

Shainn's wet body was frozen with fear as Nyssa stepped forwards and blew a strangely familiar blue powder. Shainn's human body was mutated back into its Kelvic form. The transformation was a familiar sense of pain and images of scientists in their white robes flashed before his eyes. He squealed and kicked in the air. However it was useless when Tyson gripped onto his wings with his strong masculine hands and pulled him away. Shainn was attempting bite and poke at the man's hands with his beak. He hated being treated this way. He very much so hated it. Being forced to shift into his animal form felt like pain, but a pain that glided quickly.

Nyssa then picked up a collar and locked it around Shainn's neck. The collar felt heavy around his neck, and it was an unfamiliar weight to him. He didn't like this, he never expected any of this. He just wanted to go back and get the appreciation that he felt like he deserved. This wasn't supposed to happen.

With wet wings, and a tired Shainn, he called out to the two with tired squeals and hisses. Until Nyssa told him that he should listen, and he flew up to hthe corner of her desk. Talons digging into the woods with a force that Shainn didn't know he had inside him. He nodded when Nyssa explained, listen when she talked. He wished that he could ask her what she wanted him to do now, but he was unable to transform back into his human form.

Like Nyssa said earlier, if he did so; he would be breaking his own neck. Literally.

| "My Words." "My Thoughts."
| "Your Words." |

Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous