Field Day [Grandfathered]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Field Day [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 1st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Eldon was genuinely interested as Denen revealed each plant he had collected, though he had difficulty keeping up with a good deal of his signs (Denen was pretty damn quick), he caught a majority of what he was being told. "Rosemary..." Eldon repeated to himself as Denen held it out to him. Like Denen had done before him, he inhaled the scent through his nose and nodded with approval. He had, on occasion, heard of the word Rosemary, but was unsure if it was a name of a person or what. He had never met a Rosemary, but similar names appeared on occasion. "Rosemary." Eldon would remember now, that scent, that appearance. Eldon wasn't sure how the plant could help the brain. Perhaps smelling its beautiful scent just pleased something up there. Eldon didn't now. He was no student of anatomy, and not even adequate enough to theorize. Eldon was surprised by Denen's excitement as he withdrew the Rosemary, and extended forth the Sage, shaking it to get Eldon to hold it, which he did.

This was where he had to focus on the hands. A few words passed him, but over all he got the point and use of the plant. Sage, like a Wise Elder. Again, he couldn't understand how a plant could have such beneficial uses on the body, especially on aging women. He wasn't even sure what Denen meant by his vague term of 'helping' them. Perhaps it made them appear younger or even slow aging? Who knows. Eldon smiled, still very much intrigued. Denen quickly showed off the mushrooms, even Eldon had seen those enough to know some of their uses... like eating. Then the Jade. Eldon took the gem in his hands carefully, as if he thought it might shatter into a million little pieces, along with Denen's heart, if he were anything but perfectly gentle with it. He held it in his palm, his eyes dancing back and forth between sign and stone. He carefully handed it back to Denen. "Amazing. Semele has blessed you."

Eldon turned to Denen, giving him a quick wink to verify his willingness to translate for him, before looking at Edalene. It would, of course, slow down how much would be said overall, but for the sake of including a good friend, he was happy to sacrifice it. "Of course I will translate. Denen is a good friend of mine, it would be awful of me to exclude him." Eldon grinned as he motioned with his hands to Denen. "She says sorry about ears." Eldon finished with a shrug, that was not particularly part of sign. He wasn't sure why she felt the need to apologize to Denen for that. Surely she wasn't at fault for it, and he couldn't imagine Denen holding anything against her because she could hear.

"Denen and I greet you both." Eldon held out his hand towards Matasol, offering a firm, respectful manly greeting with a grin on his face and confidence in his stance. "I'm Eldon of the Sunkiss Pavilion. Hydromancer, as is my father and his father before him. My father tells me the Sunkiss name has been a part of the Drykas since our people were born. We're small now (One lone pavilion, Eldon thought), but not without noble history. Matasol was it? Well met." Eldon gave his short little monologue greeting. He was obviously proud of his name, but was, without a doubt, ignorant of the bound they shared.

Eldon then turned to Denen to spell out their names, and was pleased to see that Matasol not only knew sign, but was more than willing to speak to Denen on his own ground. Eldon liked this man.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Field Day [Open]

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 18th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Denen was positively beaming as Eldon spoke the names of the herbs. He nodded eagerly, and grinned like a child who had just received a wonderful present. He loved herbs, loved knowing the powers they held, and how he could help others with them. He was pleased, too, to be able to share this knowledge with his friend. He admired Eldon, like he admired Sam. How could he not? These were young men that every Drykas boy--even of the Opal Clan--wanted to be like when they grew up. They were the sort of people told about in old stories. Oh, he knew he'd never be like that, but it was something to want, wasn't it? He'd always prayed that he'd be stronger, and when it never came, he had simply learned to accept who and what he was.

The jade returned to him, he tucked it away in his bag and smiled to Eldon. "I hope to have it crafted," he informed. "But I don't know what it shall be." He thought of those he might offer the gift to, as he could hardly keep such a pretty thing to himself, and wondered how each of them might react to such a gift. But his pondering was cut short by the arrival of the others. He studied them each in turn, and smiled gratefully to Eldon at his offer to translate.

"Thank you," he signed. But he didn't understand why the girl was apologizing about his ears. It wasn't her fault that he was deaf. He'd been born that way, after all. He watched Eldon's hands sign out their names. "Ed...Eda...lene?" He liked to be sure he was pronouncing names correctly. It was embarrassing to make mistakes, and he didn't want his deafness to be an excuse for ignorance. The man's name, however, was more difficult, and his words were clumsy. "Mat...Mat.." He shook his head. "Eldon, will you say it so I can see it again?"
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Field Day [Open]

Postby Edalene on February 22nd, 2011, 5:15 am

Edalene giggled, perhaps a little embarrassed, when Matasol winked at her. If she didn't know ‎better, she'd say he was flirting with her. Thankfully, she did know better - the last time they ‎had met she'd acted awfully young. So when he winked at her and make a joke about his ‎reimancy, she merely shrugged and laughed. "It's okay, Matasol. I'm sure I'd live if you decided ‎to go juggling again... your crotch might not, though." Eda laughed as she made a reference ‎to the last careless mistake Matasol had made doing reimancy. She liked Matasol, and this ‎time was determined to be mature than she had been the last time.‎

Maturity flew out the window when she noticed just who the deaf man was. Her brain had ‎been elsewhere, concerned they were signing because there was a dangerous predator close ‎by. Then her attention had been captured by the assertive young man who had agreed to sign ‎for the group. Then Matasol had appeared and winked at her! All the while, the cute young ‎man had stood mostly silent and in the background. Looking closer, she began to recognise ‎the scarf around the head, the lanky frame and the startling blue eyes. It was Denen! Denen ‎Brokensong, healer who has fixed up Eda’s arm! "DENEN!” she squealed as she ‎recognised him. Unthinking, she launched herself into his unsuspecting arms, throwing her ‎body onto his and wrapping her arms around his neck in a jubilant hug. "I’m so sorry! ‎Almost didn’t recognise you!” She pulled back a fraction and grinned, utterly happy to ‎see the lovely young man.

Pulling backwards, she smiled awkwardly at the group. That display of affection and sudden ‎mood swing was typical of Eda, but she doubted the rest of the group would think it normal. ‎Eda raised her arm, and rubbed the back of her neck. She always managed to embarrass ‎herself, rather spectacularly. She nodded at the group, clearing her throat. She was careful ‎not to meet Denen’s eyes, sure they would be amused. She nodded at the lighter skinned ‎man. “Glad to meet you, Eldon." Feeling awkward as she watched Eldon and Matasol grip ‎hands, she extended her hand for a similar hand shake - and quickly withdrew it when she ‎realised that was a stupid thing to do. "So... why are we all out here?"‎
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Character sheet

Field Day [Open]

Postby Matasol on February 24th, 2011, 7:32 pm

"Well aren't you a saucy lass, you should respect your elders you know. Children these days have a blatant disregard for age and wisdom" After he said this he nodded solemnly towards Eldon while attempting to hide a smile, trying to get him to play along with the joke.

Matasol laughed as Edalene practically assaulted Denen, she seemed to jump from one emotion to the next at a blinding speed. It was exceptionally difficult for someone like Matasol to follow, as he slowly plodded through logic and emotion in order to reach a conclusion of any sort.

While he was thinking on Edalene's mindset, Matasol saw Denen grasping at the pronunciation of his name. He walked over near him and signed out the letter of his name, he also mouthed the letters to add significance. "M. A. T. A. S. O. L." he then continued speaking in the sign. "It is good to meet you brother Drykas, if you ever need help hearing do not hesitate to ask me. No man should be in the dark, even if the dark is brought on through sound." after this short speech Matasol clapped Denen on the shoulder and turned back to the group.

Edalene was asking a question, a question that had been bugging his mind ever since he had arrived. "Well for my part, I was taking a walk and studying the elements. It is always good for someone of my profession to meditate and to become one with the earth around him. It helps you to keep sane."
Matasol
Player

Words: 8849
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2010, 5:59 am
Character sheet

Field Day [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on March 2nd, 2011, 5:45 am

Eldon's eyebrow raised slowly in feigned interest as Matasol and Edalene spoke of juggling and crotches. He couldn't claim to understand their inside joke, nor could he claim to desire knowing, but he found it odd that they had even bothered to speak of something that only they witnessed, when Eldon and Denen were right here. Two friends catching up, that could be done elsewhere. It just seemed strange to include and exclude the others. He shook his head slowly as he looked at Denen, a faint smirk creeping up on his lips. To be honest, he had half a mind to just walk away right there, except that Denen was here. He wasn't going to leave him here in the hands of strangers.

Or not?

Eldon backed up a step or two as the girl aggressively embraced his deaf friend. She obviously didn't recognize him before, until now that is. Perhaps in some obscure way, all four of them were somewhat related via chain friendship. Eldon was a friend of Denen, Denen a friend of hyper chick Edalene, and Edalene knew Matasol, who was notorious for juggling and getting attacked in the crotch. He shrugged to himself, now feeling more comfortable with the idea of just disappearing. Denen would be fine if he knew this girl. "It's very nice to meet you too Edalene. I see you already know my friend here. That makes us friends by association. And, Matasol, friends by associated friend's association, I think?" Eldon chuckled at himself, all too aware that he wasn't funny, but hey, he tried. Perhaps if he knew that the same blood in Matasol's veins flowed through his own he would know that he had a lot more in common than he could imagine.

But of course, secrets were present.

Eldon had taken to staring at the ground as Edalene and Matasol had talked and Edalene had attack-hugged Denen, and so on. How did a relaxing talk turn into a pleasant conversation with a good friend, to an awkward (for Eldon) conversation with strangers. He had no idea, though when Matasol spoke, his eyes jerked up to face Matasol. He seemed to almost get a mesmerized look at Matasol spoke so strangely about the elements, then hinted at his profession. It reminded him of his father's lessons years and years before. He smiled and nodded, feeling that he didn't even have to ask to understand Matasol. He already knew. "Sane, safe, and pure."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous