[verlyna's emerald pond]Meditating at the pond(hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Navir on January 26th, 2011, 10:08 am

Winter 510 AV 33th

Navir arched his eyebrow when he suddenly stood in till his ankles in dense green shrubbery with the sound of a waterfall was in the background.
"How in Izurdin's name did i get here?! Those damned streets!" He grumbled under his breath in the harsh language of the isur, making sure that he wasn't understandable to anybody that might be around here.
Gritting his teeth in frustration at the bad luck he always had when navigating the streets and cursing his cousins name for coming here, he sat down on the shrubbery and tried to calm himself down trying to remember what the lady said at the sanity center people who opened themselves to the illusion could easier navigate trough it.
Navir closed his eyes and tried to shut out everything he heard only focusing on his own breathing, trying to calm himself down.
As he sat there slowly breathing in and out, the familiar feeling of the djed inside his body was felt again almost begging to him to be let out and to be practiced with.
Navir
Player

Words: 13909
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on January 27th, 2011, 6:35 am

Hadrian had been meditating as well, but in a shaded, secluded little area, and it was no surprise that the Isur had not seen him, though it was a bit of a surprise to the young enchanter when he returned to the present from wherever his trance had taken him to find that an Isur had sneaked up on him and taken quiet residence among the lush flora. He cleared his throat quietly and then stood up.

As he stretched, he pushed and pulled at the djed within his body with the focus of his mind, Fluxing it around so that his entire body was nourished. The meditation was healthy, he had found, but sometimes it felt good to pour a little extra djed into an area that was stiff or sore and observe his body healing itself naturally.

Not sure whether it was rude to leave without making his presence known or more rude to interrupt another man's meditations, he sighed and glanced again at the waterfall, wondering what secrets it held, if any, wishing that all his attempts to 'open himself to the illusion' as they liked to say here had managed him some benefit, but so far, no dice.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on January 27th, 2011, 11:26 am

Navir at had no idea that somebody was standing right besides him, being to deep into the trance to hear the footsteps that the man made on the ground and even the slight djed use went completely unnoticed by the Isur.

Navir slowly reached out towards the djed bottled up inside his body and carefully began to pull it out of his body with a lot of difficulty, he always had neglected his practice with shielding and it showed, not giving up however he managed to pull out some liquid like djed from his hands. A small victorious smile got on his face for a few short moments but was quickly wiped of his face again, he wasn't done by a long shot. He still had create the shield itself.
Slowly wrapping the djed around his left hand, the expelled djed from his right hand slowly flowing towards it trough the air, he staked the shield he was creating with the simple task of keeping sunlight outside of it.
From somebody that was just looking at him with no auristics at all the only visible consequence would have been that a black void was slowly creeping over his hand, hiding it from view though there where still a few places in the shield that where not made that well due to inexperience, allowing them to still see through it.
After he finished his shield after a few minutes navir opened his eyes and inspected his handy work. Still not noticing the man that was standing right next to him.
oocyes I know there is no shielding on my CS but I am earning it in a flashback :)
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on January 29th, 2011, 7:01 am

Hadrian had a habit of staring. This was exceptionally true in new situations and with new people, and this generally included a view on the Auristic spectrum. Fascinated, he watched how the Isur created a Shield in a manner similar to the Reimancy Hadrian already understood and practiced. He had been looking into Shielding at the local library, but actually creating them was another matter entirely, something he had never managed to learn while at the University, instead relying upon glyph-barriers within his enchanting sigils to block djed flows.

"Interesting work," he commented softly when the man seemed to come out of his trance. The shield blocked sunlight, a specialization. He only wished he understood how to do it, and not just the theory behind it.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on January 29th, 2011, 10:31 am

"Interesting work," Navir slowly looked towards the man that had spoken to him and slowly looked up hoping to look him into the eyes.
A look of irritation spread over his face as he had to crane his neck and even then he couldn't get a clear look on the tall man's face.
He stood back up and craned his neck to look the man into the eye slowly sizing him up. Normaly he would just walk away from any human and let them spout their stupidity when he wasn't there, but he really wan't willing to brave the madness outside of this city again, he would go completely mad if he had to spend more time then necessary in that weird mess of illusions and reality that the people called alvadas.
"Not really," Navir said in a businesslike tone,"Just a basic construct that my master wouldn't even find worthy to call it by its name."
Navir didn't call it by its name by purpose, he didn't want a human to try and get its hands on a magic that is so widespread as shielding, Those moron's already caused one magical apocalypse, you didn't need to make an effort to spread the means to create another one!
"Who are you anyway and why did you sneak up on me?" Navir said still using his business tone, though thankfully prevented his dislike for humans to show trough.
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on January 29th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Hadrian was nonplussed by the Isur's unfriendliness. He understood them well, and generally managed to work his way into their good graces with his attention to detail and love of his craft. The Isur respected craftsmanship, and so did Hadrian. He even hoped to impress Izurdin one day. As such, he took no offense to being treated rudely even if the part of his brain that held his mother's teachings on etiquette got its back up at his tone.

"One must start with the basics in order to advance into more complicated works," he noted. It was true of his own work, and true of any discipline. "I'm Hadrian Aelius, and I was here when you arrived, but meditating myself. Why did you sneak up on me?"
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on January 29th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Navir looked at the human with a slightly higher amount of respect, he wasn't an easily impressed moron then he might have a slight capacity to think with.
"Well if you had known a bit about what I was doing you would have seen that it was a poor excuse for what it was supposed to be, not even adequate to be called a basic version of what it is capable off." He snorted.
"But at least you are smart enough to know you build of the basics, unless the others of your kind I saw around here, immediately entranced by the flashy stuff that is dangled in front of them."
He patted of the back off his pants trying to get out most of the grass stains.

Navir glared at the taller man for a moment."My name is Navir boy and I didn't sneak up on you at all. Unless those illusions are screwing with us even here, you should have heard my heavy footsteps from a few feet away."
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on January 30th, 2011, 7:10 am

"I was only observing similarities between your technique and another discipline with which I am more familiar. I suppose I should not be surprised by the interconnectedness of things at this point. The more I learn, the more I learn that I don't know anything. However, I'm fairly sure that everything is connected in one way or another."

He glanced around the pond area, which looked much the same as when he arrived other than Navir's presence and a bit of a change in the position of Syna in the sky, but just the other day he could have sworn that She was going in the opposite direction as she ought.

"I am never quite sure what is illusion and what is not, but there are sages who claim that all realities are ultimately illusions, so perhaps it is a moot point. I hope you aren't an illusory Isur. Talking to a figment of my imagination would not bode well for my future mental stability."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on January 30th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Navir crossed his arms and looked at Hadrian, not liking what he was hearing, if he was observing his technique to look for similarity's to his technique could only mean that he already knew magic and not a little bit if he was talking like that, or he just had a high opinion about himself.
"Your a mage?" Navir said in the same blunt tone as earlier though a bit of detest could be made out.
"Humans and magic that can never end well, its thanks to you guy's that the entire world blew up and we lost a few of our clans and they didn't even need magic for that." He let out an annoyed groan and glanced up towards the man.
"If humans had even a shred of collective intelligence you would just drop that magic and leave it to the races that won't blow up the world with it..." He glared at hadrian. "Again."
The isur just got a scowl on his face when the tall man mentioned him being an illusion.
"I am not a figment of your imagination boy, though if you really want to I can give you evidence for that!" He cracked his knuckles."Just hold still for a moment and you'll see how illusory am!" There was a real threat in his voice now and he would probably fly of the handle if he was insulted once more.
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on January 30th, 2011, 6:21 pm

"I said I was familiar with another discipline of magic, not that I was a practitioner," he said, becoming a bit defensive at the Isur's surly demeanor. Torc had been positively gregarious, but he was also half a human. Eanos had been reserved, but had warmed up to Hadrian once they discovered a bit of a kindred spirit in each other, at least so far as a purity of craftsmanship was concerned. There were others, too, but this Navir seemed intent on conflict.

"But yes, I am a magecrafter," he said, knowing it was one of the more respected disciplines among Izurdin's children.

Finally, he resorted to the Isur's own language. His vocabulary was not wide and his grammar imperfect, but he tended to speak in simple declarative sentences with an ear for proper pronunciation and he generally earned more credit for his finely crafted words than he might have for bumbling along and grasping for more complex syntax that was yet beyond his ken.

"Peace, man. We need not be enemies."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Next