Journalist PC?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Journalist PC?

Postby Jadin on September 22nd, 2017, 2:20 am

With my new character, I've taken on the idea of having her be a journalist. I can see her potentially working in most cities, or possibly traveling, but I'm wondering which cities may have demand for such a career path, or if it's even reasonable.
Jadin
Player

Words: 3919
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2017, 2:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Journalist PC?

Postby Prophet on September 22nd, 2017, 2:27 am

I can think of a few things Ravok might need with a journalist but it wouldn't be the kind of thing she could do without having to stick to the guidelines (think Soviet newspapers). If you're looking for freelance reporting- I'm not sure where she'd fit.

Welcome to Miz! If you have questions about things in general or character creation, I recommend popping into chat for some answers.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Journalist PC?

Postby Jadin on September 22nd, 2017, 2:32 am

That could be interesting. I'll have to look into Ravok more. I've been on Miz before, but it's a return from a long hiatus, so I'm more than a little rusty.
Jadin
Player

Words: 3919
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2017, 2:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Journalist PC?

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on September 22nd, 2017, 2:46 am

If Black Rock was Opened you would fit perfect as there was (or is) a newspaper sort of business there, but unfortunately it's closed. Maybe, Riverfall might be happy to have some journalists within their city? I haven't heard of much PC journalists during my time on Miz, so that would be really cool!

Also, welcome back! Just glad that you're still here with us. Do you have any other ideas that you have in mind for your character that you'd like to flesh out before you begin roleplaying?
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes