Calvyn's Plot Notes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Calvyn's Plot Notes

Postby Calvyn Eltros on October 28th, 2017, 3:43 am

10 Basic Goals for Calvyn

1. Bond with a strider.
This will be a solo thread and I need a admin to NPC it for me. I was told to contact the help desk to do this one. I expect this will be a very big deal for Calvyn. So don't rush this, I expect this to be finished in about 2/3 seasons from now.

2. Join a pavilion.
I don't know what Pavilion this will be but I want it to happen relatively soon. I definently want Cal to join an existing pavilion. Perhaps one already made by a PC. I feel like this could be role played out with two or more people. Or as many already in the Pavilon. Calvyn would have to prove he is worthy to join and he isn't a liability to the Ankel. I think this could be done by doing several roleplays with a member of that Pavilion. Then this PC could put in a goid word for Calvyn and he could finally find a solid 'family's so to speak. Again, this would be a big deal for Cal. Simply because he's been living in his own tent and is usually alone following Endrykas.

3. Become a Drykas.
This happens after he mounts his Strider. This will be a big deal for him. A huge deal. In my head as of this moment I'm imagining a scene where he stands before his Pavilion and maybe some others, then gets officially recognized by the people as one of them. This is seriously the single most happiest moment if Cal's life. Treat it as such.

4. Earn a windmark.
After becoming Drykas he'd do a thread with another PC. This PC would be a tattoo artist. Then we could role play this out. Note: Calvyn would not buy a pain reliever. Why? Because he earned this moment. It was hard, painful and bitter. Just like the experience of getting the Windmark tatted.

5. Make a close friend.
This would be done via a series of roleplays. Lots of fun writing and feels. Whoever this person may be would be very lucky to have Cal as a friend because I honestly see Cal as doing anything for this person. As a man with very few friends he'd treat all who earn his friendship like gold.

6. Teach a PC to read and write.
I thought this would be fun. Simply because Calvyn was born and raised in Sylira to a wealthy merchant family. So naturally he knew how to read. I'd assume most Drykas don't seeming how their existence is much more brutal and they have to learn how to survive rather then other 'pointless means of education. I could also see Calvyn kinda trading knowledge with someone. Something along the lines of "You teach me how to use a bow and arrow, and I'll teach you how to read and write. Deal? Deal."

7. Adventure to a far away land.
I feel like this could be anywhere and nowhere. Meaning it could be an old ruin, a vast sea, his childhood home, like, anywhere. Something adventurous and fun. Maybe even a series of roleplays with another PC. Idk.

8. Find a role model/mentor.
I'm imagining an older PC whom Calvyn looks up to. Or someone that gives Calvyn advice and love. Teaches Calvyn not only about the world but eventually even things about Calvyn himself. Male or female it does not matter. This person would mean much and more to Calvyn.

9. Own a pet to help hunt.
I really want a big ass falcon or eagle. Maybe even a dog. (Ooh a Dire Wolf like Jon Snow! Wait, to cliche man, to cliche.)

10 Return home to his long lost family.
This should be after Calvyn is a Drykas. Many, many seasons from now. This would be a series of threads, like many threads. Lots and lots of feels. I hope i find a writer willing to do this with me. Perhaps someone that is a close friend to Calvyn and is willing to do the journey with him. Right now I imagine Calvyn having a hard time with his father. Perhaps his mother's dead and his father resents his son returned to him as a 'savage'. This would certainly be a very huge moment in Calvyns life. Perhaps one of the hardest for him as well. Does he stay? Does he leave and turn his back on his old family for his new one? What to do, what to do.
Last edited by Calvyn Eltros on October 31st, 2017, 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calvyn Eltros
Player

Words: 13369
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2017, 4:19 am
Race: Human

Calvyn's Plot Notes

Postby Calvyn Eltros on October 28th, 2017, 5:15 am

Flashback Ideas for Calvyn

The Boy Rides - A flashback detailing Calvyn's first ever time riding a horse. How he got the animal, why he was given it and who gave it to him. I imagine Cal being young when this happens, however maybe not as young as a Drykas when they first ride. He'd be possibly 12 or 13. I also feel like this would be a good time to really push the feeling that although Cal is tolerated by the Drykas, he is only rarely accepted. This would be the moment when some of the Drykas people finally understood that Cal may have what it takes to be one with the people.

Solo thread most likely, however it could work with another PC. (Just thinking another PC could join totally changes the idea I had in my mind.) If young PC, possibly a stolen horse scenario would be fun to roleplay.

A Friend Found - The details are in the name. Calvyn finally finds a friend. Someone who accepts him as he is, not as he is not. This friend would possibly last Calvyn his entire life. Their relationship only growing stronger with time. Why? Because Calvyn would never turn his back on someone who was willing to befriend him. This person simply would mean to much to Calvyn.

Two person thread. Two PC's definitely. Many variations and possible turns this thread could take.
Calvyn Eltros
Player

Words: 13369
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2017, 4:19 am
Race: Human