When You Were Young (Flashback)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on November 2nd, 2017, 1:45 pm

Flashback: 500av Spring 33rd

There was a young girl, who went by the name of Ramona. She was only six years of age, and she was playing with a doll. One that she got from her grandmother a couple of years ago before she passed. Though, things were different back then of course, and they were still not easy. Ramona was doing her best at learning the Pavi language; the language of the Drykas. Progress was being made, but it was taking time.

The young Ramona was out in the back of her pavilion, playing by herself. She normally played by herself, but she was very creative. She had always imagined that her doll; Caihya was always being rescued by knights in shining armor. Fortunately, she did have some wooden toys with her. In the shape of soldiers, her father got them for her so he could tell her stories about his time he spent as a Watchman. He still was one, but he was taking more time with his daughter than he should. Which could possibly explain his exhaustion.

Although, when he was exhausted; Akilly was always excited whenever he was around Ramona. She was his pride, even though, Akilly had his nephews; Ramona was his true flesh and blood. He had always felt prideful when he was around Ramona; and was glad that he was able to reproduce something so wonderful. Who knew that having a kid of your own was a blessing?

Ramona was only six years old, she had a lot to learn. Even though,
she was learning so much already; she still needed to learn more.
Pavi was just the beginning, and Akilly wanted to teach her how to fight with her hands, and possibly move on to fighting with weapons.
Though, he also wanted her to learn how to hunt. It is necessary to hunt if you want to survive. Ramona didn't really understand anything outside of Endrykas yet. It was already known to Akilly that Ramona had much to learn. Time went by so fast; that before he would know it, Ramona would be a full grown adult and on her own. It would be a great shame to Akilly if she didn't grow up to be as strong willed, and confident as Akilly would expect her to be.

Recently, there has been some changes. Ramona wasn't aware of this,
and she doesn't need to be. It wasn't time for her to be aware of family business. Though, she did remember that earlier in the year; someone was toying with the animals that the Silvertongue's own. She found one dead one morning, and since then she's been on edge with the animals.
For a young girl, she didn't really agree with violence. It never really suited to her liking; although, she did like to watch the trainers train at the Warstrom Pavilion when her father had taken her so that he could watch her and train at the same time. Ramona suspected that it was some of the outsiders, but she was just a young girl and had a common suspicion of outsiders. Since all of them weren't Drykas, it was difficult for her to trust outsiders personally. Father told her to not judge a blade by the looks of it. Though, it was hard not to when they were just flat out suspicious.

"Ramona!" It was father, his voice was heard from the back of the pavilion, and Ramona picked up her toys and hurried around.

"Yes papa!?" Ramona replied with a smile and as she held her toys, she observed her surroundings at first. There was papa, mama, and two of her cousins; though, there was someone else. Someone who Ramona had never before seen. She wondered who this new person was, and what he was doing here. She wondered a lot, though she was quiet when she was waiting. "Yes papa?" Ramona said with a sense of urgency in her tone. He looked down at her with a smile, and he knelt towards her.

"This is Havoc Greenburn."Akilly said and caressed his daughters' cheek and stood up and placed his hand on her back. Mother was just simply standing there, not really worried about anything, but she was having a conversation with Ramona's cousins about the hunting schedules for Spring. Claudius and Hendraes were listening intently to Gamora and Ramona was listening to father.

"H- hello." Ramona said with an awkward smile. She would shake hands, but she was holding her toys. She didn't feel like letting them go. "Is he coming to stay with us, papa?" Ramona said with a weary smile even though; Ramona was still a little suspicious about this Havoc, she kept a smile on her face and expected whatever.

"You must be Ramona?"Havoc said with a gentle tone, and Ramona wanted to say to him that it was obvious- her name was Ramona.

"Yes, my name is Ramona." She said with another smile. "What do you work with?" Asked Ramona she gave father her toys as he gestured for them and she shook Havoc's hand, and shuddered. There was something about this man that Ramona had suspected was off. Though, she assumed that it was only because that he was someone new, and that it was pretty much nothing. She prayed to Caiyha, and hoped that she and the other Gods of good were watching over her.

Word Count for NaNo: 845 Words

NOTE: THE IMAGE IS NOT MINE I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET, ALL I DID WAS RESIZE IT.
:)
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on November 3rd, 2017, 8:54 pm

It was a few chimes later, and Havoc was playing with the little Ramona while father went away to do some watchman business. There was a rumor spreading around about Glassbeaks roaming too close to the edge of Endrykas. Gamora seemed awfully worried about Ramona and her safety, which seemed to have triggered Akillys' alertness. So he figured that he could possibly do something about it, whether it meant that he had to help out with patrols, or he had to help out with the livestock. Everyone had to do something around here, and Ramona wished that she could help out.

Though, she's still learning how to be a part of the Drykas society. She still had a lot to learn, and that was what Ramona needed to do. If she really needed to be a part of the Drykas society, she just needed to be herself and that was that.

"So, figured out what you want to do yet?"Havoc asked Ramona and she had just shrugged as a response.

"Well... " She said holding Caiyha the doll. "I want to be like Papa. " She signed, Watchman. Havocs head perked, and he seemed pleased with Ramona's choice at a young age.

"My father was a Watchman too. "Havoc added with a smile, and held the wooden soldier towards Caiyha. An army was approaching her domain, and Caiyha had to stop them.

"Caiyha summons her powers!" Ramona called out and Havoc made a crunching sound and pulled out some grass as he wrapped it around the soldier(s). Ramona giggled with excitement and Havoc gave a pretended "dead" sigh and the soldier dropped.

"They're dead now!" Ramona said with an excited temper. She chuckled some more as she was having fun with Havoc. Though, what she didn't realize was that Havoc wasn't as excited as Ramona was.

"What's wrong?" Ramona asked, and Havoc was thinking how cruel this world can be when God's kill people, or mark them because of their chosen Faith. It was hard to follow at least one God, and not care about the others; which was why Havoc praised more than Syna. Though, he doesn't have any marks, at least not yet. He had been calling to some of the Gods on the list, but haven't really gotten any answers from any of them. He was sure that at least one would respond, and that he would be marked. He wouldn't care if he was marked by Dira, Ryhsol, or Uldr; he would be happy to be accepted by one of them as they claimed him for who he was. He didn't really mind the dark and menacing Gods if Mizahar, but he also didn't care for the other Gods like Caiyha, or Syna. He was a religious man, one fully pledged to the Gods, and he was very curious to why Ramona's doll was named Caiyha. What was so special about that doll- to which she was so encouraged to name it after a Goddess? Havoc wanted to know, and so he asked.

He cleared his throat, and Ramona had taken her excitement down a notch or two.

"Ramona, why is your doll named Caiyha?"Havoc asked as he leaned forward; and inspected the doll. Though, he didn't take it away from her or anything, he just simply observed it's body.

Ramona hugged the doll tightly, and kept it close as a remembrance of her grandmother. Ramona's grandmother was the best, and this doll was given to her on her birthday. Just a couple of years ago, but grandmother passed a few days after, and Ramona had always wondered why her grandmother named it after a Goddess... she never really explained it to her, and if she did; Ramona was probably too young to pay attention. If it was a couple of years ago she would have only been- how old would she have been?

Ramona struggled to do the math in her head, she wasn't learning as much of math as she was with the language of Pavi, and it's sign language. So she still had so much to learn. She would be 4? It was simple after Ramon's figured it out, but she was a little embarrassed that she couldn't figure it out fast enough.

"It was my grandma's. She gave it to me. " Ramona said gently. "I don't know why she gave it to me... " Ramona said in her cute childhood voice, and seemed a little more uncertain than ever after the sudden realization if what she said. She knew that she didn't know. Though, she just seemed to forget that she had known already. It was confusing...

Word Count for NaNo: 772 Words from this post. Total word count is 1617.

NOTE: THE IMAGE IS NOT MINE I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET, ALL I DID WAS RESIZE IT.

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on November 6th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Being a six year old girl wasn't all that hard, and Ramona wished that she could do more as a child. Though, she wondered what she wanted to do when she grew up, did she want to be like father, or did she want to be like her mother? Her father was a Watchman, they were quite honorable, and kind and hardworking. So was every woman and man in Endrykas. Ramona had to learn the hard way that everyone worked just as hard as the Watchman to keep Endrykas moving. There was a system, and everyone worked together to satisfy that system. What Ramona liked best about the system that Endrykas ran with was that even if there was a few people who couldn't work; it didn't really effect the flow of the Drykas. It pushed them to work harder. Drykas were there for one another, and Ramona was glad that she had a decent sized pavilion for her and her family. She wanted to help mother out as much as she could, but mother kept telling her that she should go back to playing.

That's why she was glad to hang out with her father when she could. He was teaching her a lot, while mother was working with the other pavilions, and doing the daily chores around their own pavilion.

Havoc was new, even though he was a Drykas- he still needed to prove that he could be a Silvertongue. The Silvertongues had a good sized farm of animals and resources to live for years. Though, winters were rough, that was when a lot of the animals reside to slumber during those seasons, and Ramona listened to her cousins as they explained to her about deer and bears. There was still so much that Ramona needed to learn, and hunting was just a small fraction of what she needed to learn. Mizahar had everything that anyone could think of, or at least almost anything.

Havoc said that his father was a Watchman, was that what Havoc wanted to become? Was he going to be an understudy for Akilly? What was Havoc really going to do?

"I'll be back, Ramona. I'm going to talk to your mother really quick."Havoc said and handed Ramona her toy soldier before standing up and walking over to mother who was cooking some venison over a campfire and was still talking to Ramona's cousins about the plans for the Summer.

"Okay." Ramona said with a smile and resumed playing with her toys.

Havoc walked over to Gamora with a sigh, and sat down on a log beside her. He listened to Gamora speak about the plans of hunting for the Summer, they were very intriguing, and it was surprising to see how much a woman knew about hunting. Though, there were plenty of female hunters around Endrykas.

"Yes Havoc, may I help you?"Welcome.Gamora said to Havoc as he was waiting patiently.

"I was wondering, if you have anything for me to do?"Havoc asked Gamora with a warm smile and a look to Ramona's cousins. He was expecting to go on a hunt with them, he had his shortbow, and his gear with him. He was fit enough to leave Endrykas, but he wondered if he had been given the benefit of the doubt by the two of them. Well.. mostly by the whole pavilion, but things were going smoothly so far. Havoc just couldn't stand his mother, his mother was one of the worse and she had treated her children like shyke. Havoc wondered how she was raised to be that way sometimes, and one night; when Havoc and his father were having an argument about Havoc marrying his father raged and told him to leave the pavilion. The Drykas that Havoc wanted to marry, and his father killed her. Which caused his own death as well, and Havoc was filled with regret and sorrow. He couldn't stand living with his family any longer, and after that predicament the pavilion split up, and Havoc found himself among the Silvertongue pavilion.

"We need to take care of the herd. Mind riding with me in a few bells to check on them?"Gamora said with smile, and turned to Ramona's cousins.

"You two, make sure that your setting traps in the woods.
Search close by the lakes, and rivers too."
Gamora said to Ramona's cousins. "Do you understand Landon, and Hayhurst? You know what to do?"Gamora asked to the two young men.
Hayhurst was just a few years younger than Landon, but they still looked nearly the same. Aside from the slightly different facial features that makes them who they were. With Landon who possessed the dark emerald eyes. Hayhurst had the deep blue sea colored eyes; which appeared to be pretty generic. Though, he really didn't mind.

"Yes Aunt Gamora."The two replied with a nod.
Havoc seemed to be quite content, but he was waiting as patiently as he could. He wondered if Gamora was trying to ignore him on purpose,
but Gamora was trying to explain to her nephews about the hunting schedule; so obviously it was something quite important. So, Havoc really didn't mind waiting. He played with his thumbs, and was startled as Gamora tapped him on the shoulder.

"Okay... Havoc?"Gamora said with a smile and scooted back and looked at Havoc in the eyes as he was now thinking of what to say.

"What do you want me to pack up?"Havoc asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Whatever you need to, and make sure you meet me in a few bells."Gamora said with a nod."Ramona dear,
it's time for lunch."

Words from Post: 939, Total Word Count: 2556

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes