Solo Practice makes perfect

Andral does some training, after discovering about a mage dinner

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Practice makes perfect

Postby Andral Mydrafi on January 13th, 2018, 8:30 am

Q

1st Winter, 517 AV

Q

'...Off to the Lakeshore eh? Haven't been out there alot myself, but Malfasar's Beer Hut is a good place to go for a parched throat' The Ravosalaman said.

Andral really liked the Ravosala people. They were kind to their passengers, always had good advice for newcomers like him, and always had a ear to the ground about rumours.

'Ah. Thanks. But im headed out to train. Do some exercises. That kind of stuff' .

The Ravosalaman eyed him wearily and smiled.
'Training? As in like fighting and hunting? You don't really look the type.
The lakeshore is a good place for your folk though, mercenaries, soldiers, .....mages'

The pause at the end unsettled Andral. Was it really that obvious that he was a mage? Maybe the Ravosalaman just made a lucky guess? He did get alot of customers after all. He'd probably be able to judge people's proffession from their overall appearance or something.

The Ravosalaman continued 'Speaking of Mages.
I hear that there is gonna be a a dinner for Mages back at Tarzin's.
You stay there right?'

Andral internally gulped.A person's experience with people is never to be underestimated.
Sometimes something as simple as being observant can look like a downright act of magic.

'A simple dinner, food and talking to other mages. No alchohol.
All hosted by Mr. Sullins.
You know him right? Commander of the Ebonystryfe.'

Andral shook his head. Why was the Commander of the Stryfe hosting a party for mages? Especially one with an open invitation!
Close aides and Colleagues, Andral could understand, but there was always the chance of having some undesirables barge into the party.

'If you ever do decide to go to the dinner, make sure to tread lightly.
If I may say so, outsiders tend to be a bit....careless around Ebonystryfe members.'

Andral replied to the Ravosalaman
'What makes you think I am a mage?'

'The markings, kid. Only mages have them. You might be able to hide them from a layman, but not from someone like me.
You spend enough time learning the trade of the canals, you'll learn alot about people'

The man laughed at that.
Andral was shocked, his glyphs were barely visible on his skin, how on earth-

A slight bump of the Ravosala made him jump as they reached the entrance to Ravok, leading out into the lakeshore.

Andral got off and waved the Ravosalaman goodbye.
The Ravosalaman gave him a single nod as he pushed off to find his next customer.

That exchange was enough to re-ignite the flame that caused him to want to train in the first place.
If a common Ravosalaman could get that good at judging people, imagine what he could do with some training himself.

He cracked the knuckles along his left hand, and twisted and cracked his wrist, loosening that hand.

Words of that Fortune teller he once met came back to him.
'Gotta reach out and take what I want!

Andral said to himself as he jogged off to find a secluded place to begin practicing.
Its been too long since he's stretched his astral limbs to their limit.
And he needs to be in tip-top shape for the dinner....

Q
I bet Projection is really handy when you need to scratch your back but you can't reach.
(Boxart is an edited veraion of Karin's free boxcodes. Credit where credit is due)
Andral Mydrafi
Player

Words: 18932
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2017, 6:44 am
Race: Human
Character sheet