Completed There Is Never A Good Mob

50th: the riot at the Seaside Market

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

There Is Never A Good Mob

Postby Meriann on January 19th, 2018, 8:43 pm

50th Winter 517 AV
Riot at Seaside Market
"Speech"

The Seaside Market, she had learnt, wasn't the most well-kept of marketplaces, but it was certainly fascinating. When she wasn't busy sailing, cooking, or drinking, she could be found wandering the myriad, filthy streets of the subjectively good city of Sunberth. That day, she merely wanted to reach the market, to browse and perhaps pick up some questionable cards or booze on the cheap if nasty side. The few mizas in her pocket clinked together cheerfully, as if eager to escape into the clutches of whichever lucky merchant managed to scam her out of her hard-earned wages. Meriann hummed softly, singing a scratchy song from her youth. The words meant nothing, but the song itself bounced from her lips with an enthusiastic if meandering tunefulness. She had almost reached the market, it must surely be around the next corner, but... It was not to be, even if she did not yet know that.

Meriann rarely spent time analysing the patterns of Sunberth's streets. She wasn't a hawker or thief, the only patterns she needed to know were the swell of the ocean currents. But it was clear to anyone, even an ocean-tossed woman such as herself, that there was a commotion up ahead. That was unusual enough to warrant further investigation, and as she did not know an alternative route she would have to go this way anyway to reach her destination. She sped up, walking at a slight trot to round the corner and find out what was going on. With Sunberth, it could be anything.

Immediately as she walked past the rustic building that stood sentinel on the corner, she reeled to a stop and scanned the gathering. Her heart fluttered and sank. It was going to be difficult to get past this writhing mass of people. But what was happening? Meriann stood on her tip toes, like many of the other curious Sunberthians, and tried to see what was happening. There was a great deal of shouting, and a plaintive crying wailed from the centre. What could it be? A stranger beside her pushed in closer, and Meriann pooled into the gap he left. Now she was hemmed in on each side, but in the heat of the confusion she didn't pay attention to this fact. Instead, her eyes widened and she suddenly stumbled forwards as the crowd surged. A young voice screamed a piercing noise that was worse in the way it was cut viciously short. The gathered people began heaving, some in front trying to escape backwards whilst others behind her began to push forwards to further see what was happening.

Meriann couldn't breathe as she was squashed between two people with blurs for faces. She could hardly speak in the press, but with a heave and a grunt she pushed the people off her. "What in all of petch?" She swore violently in Fratava and tried desperately to avoid the maelstrom of human bodies, but it was no use. They roared as if they were an ocean, but there was no grace nor amazement of swirling waters, only sheer human anger and sweat and chaos. Meriann was not small enough to squirrel out, and she took a step backwards, looking around wildly for any kind of exit. But her step backwards fell on something she had no hope of seeing, and the owner of said something roared and shoved Meriann in the back.

It was enough that she was trapped in this mess, but now someone wanted to shove her? She rounded on the man, who was red-faced and weaselly, wearing a ragged long cape that had seen better days. She saw none of this though, and only eyed daggers at him as she lunged forwards clumsily to push him square on the shoulders. Apparently he hadn't expected her to retaliate, and the man staggered and only grew more incensed as he rounded on her. Around them, other such similar fights were breaking out, as people reacted in the only way that people could. Order was ignored, and could only be ignored until the simmering disquiet had boiled over and run it's course. Meriann was an unwilling participant, but by gods she would give everything she had to get out of this mess. She haphazardly raised her fist and began to swing it at her assailant, hoping to Hai that he'd back off. Not realising that by retaliating she was only contributing to the growing mob that fluttered violently on the street. The dead girl in the centre of the mass of people lay, still warm, as people fought over her without even knowing her death was the cause of this crazed mob.
Meriann
Never to be free

Words: 87682
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2017, 5:22 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 21st, 2018, 5:59 am

Neras always enjoyed the seaside market when he was a child because the place was always ripe for mischief and commerce. In the market, the half breed spent half the time either people watching or perusing wares. Honestly, he rarely bought anything from these peddlers because half the crap in the market wasn't worth the prices the merchants were asking for in the first place. However, the wares brought in by the citizens of this trash dump of city were much more valuable to the young thief. As the rogue walked down the street, he could feel his stomach start to rumble. He knew that he had limited funds to buy much of anything, but maybe he could cut a deal with one of the merchants. Walking up to a fruit stand, the street punk tapped his chin with his index finger. He noticed the fruit wasn't in the best shape, so the merchant shouldn't be asking for to much. Looking up at the merchant, Neras said with a sweet smile, “How much for a dozen apples?”

The merchant gave him a suspicious look and said simply, “One gold miza per pound...”

Neras purposely picked up a bruised apple, made a face of disgust and said loud enough for the customer next to him to her, “A gold miza for this shyte..? I will give you five silver miza per pound because this apple might have a day left..” The teenager had no clue how long the apple would last before rotting, but he didn't need a witness around him. Looking at the older human woman next to him, he asked her opinion, “Seriously would you pay a gold miza for a pound of shyte?”

The older female looked at his apple, shook her head, and said to the merchant, “The apple does looks old, and I am not sure if I want to spend my money on these potatoes if your other produce is near rotting. I am going to look around for a better deal, sir.” She put down her bag of potatoes and walked away.

The merchant shot a glare at Neras and said with a hiss in his voice, “Listen here you little petcher! You just cost me a sale! If you aren't going to buy anything, so why don't you just shove off. I am honest man with honest business, and I don't need shanty town trash like you scaring my customers away.”

Neras feigning insulted look on his face said with a shake of his head, “You are right. I was poor shanty town trash, but I moving up in the world...” The merchant wasn't convinced as he crossed his arms. The teenager pulls out two gold miza from his coin purse, waves them in front of the merchants face, and said with a shyte grin, “Well I guess you don't want my business since you are such a honest merchant. Since you don't want to sully yourself with a dust kicker from the shanty town, I can always take my gold somewhere else.”

Looking up clenched his jaw when he saw Neras pull out his coin, and the merchant said simply, “Listen young man...” The street kid smile widened at the young man title given to him by the business owner and the merchant continued, “I thought your just a typical Sunberth bastard...”

Looking at the fresher apples behind the merchant, the half breed said with a nod, “Well...I am a bastard, so you aren't wrong, but I am moving up in the world, so will you sell me those quality apples behind you. Those apples in the back are worth the gold. Not the pig food that you have in the front.”

The merchant looked at the gold coins in his hand and gave him look for a few ticks before he bent down to get something from under the counter. The merchant stood up, pulled out his scale from under the table, placed it on the counter, and turned around to gather the new apples in the back of his stand. Neras was still holding the bruised apple, so as soon as the man turned to gather the apples. The teenager turned and walked into a the crowd of people walking past the produce stand with the apple in hand. The young man young man kept his head down as he continued walking down the street. He could have ran, but it would have drew too attention to himself. When he was safe distance, he took out the apple and bite into it. It was soft and losing it's crispness, but it was food, and he was hungry. He continued down the street and suddenly heard a blood curdling scream cut through the market like a knife.

Neras stopped the moment that he heard the scream. It was close to him, and he could tell people around him were moving the same direction. The direction of the woman's death wail. Suddenly, he heard a man yell out, “This woman was murdered!”

The teenager bite into his apple, smiled to himself, and thought with a chuckle, 'A murder in Sunberth! By the gods call the Knight of Syliras...we need justice!'

Suddenly a gruff sounding woman yelled in response, “Petch her! She was petching mage!”

The teenager eyebrow raised at the word mage, and he thought to himself, 'Wow...I guess any idiot can become a mage nowadays..Why would a mage ever want to live here?'

Suddenly, he heard another woman voice yell, “Just because she a mage doesn't need to be murdered!”

Another man yelled in response, “Shut up your shyte mouth, woman! All mages deserve the torch!”

Uncaring about the situation with the dead women, Neras rolled his eyes at their responses and continued eating his apple.

Another man yelled at the man's response, “Don't you ever talk to my wife like that!”

Suddenly, Neras saw a scuffle start about a twenty feet away from him. He figured the husband defended his wife, so he threw a punch. The scuffle started to spread as the more people were starting to get into fights. The teenager didn't need to get into a street brawl, so he backed up away from the brawl; however, the brawl started to turn into a riot all around him. He looked around for a escape route, but he couldn't find any routes available unless he participated in the riot. He could draw his short sword, but he didn't want to endanger his life further. Bruises are one thing, but lacerations from a sword or danger were another. He turned a around and saw a black haired woman squaring off with a red faced weaselly looking man. The woman put up her fists and attacked the man, so the teenager decided if he decided to take a chance to escape by helping her. Moving to get a better vantage point, he threw his apple core at his shoulder and yelled at him, “Leave my her alone. You stupid petcher!” He wasn't trying to be a hero, but he figured if he could help her than maybe both of them can ally to escape the riot. He didn't really care about her safety, but he just saw a opportunity and took it.

The apple flew missed horribly and flew in behind of his back into the rioting crowd. Neras watched the woman's punches at the man were out of desperation and less skill, so he decided to blindside the man and charged the man. He ran at full speed and slammed his shoulder the ribs of the man. The momentum of the charge knocked the man off his feet. Neras went down with him, so as he was stunned, he rolled off of him and got to his feet. As the man got to his feet, all his attention was on his new attacker. The man rounded on the street punk and the stuck up his fists in response to his blind side attack. Neras wasn't afraid of the man, so he made fists with his hands and got into his fighting stance. He brought his left fist up just above his head, brought his right fist down to his side, and put his leg back about shoulder length behind him. The weaselly man stepped forward and swung a haymaker at his head. The young man swept his hand to the left and deflected the first strike from the red faced man. He brought his left hand back and down to his side, stepped forward with his right foot, and drove his right hand towards the face of brute. The punch missed horribly because the man moved his head and stepped to the right out of the way of the blow. Neras was now out off position, so the man swung his fist a upward into the left unprotected side of his stomach. The blow knocked the teenager back in the direction of the woman. Luckily, he didn't knock him off his feet. He did hit hard though. Petch! He should have left her when he had the chance. Seeing she was besides him, he said through his teeth trying to get his breath back, “You should go..while he distracted...”
Last edited by Neras Frostfawn on March 12th, 2018, 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Words: 75172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2018, 6:27 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Meriann on January 21st, 2018, 11:29 am

"Speech"

Meriann hadn't expected to have her ass saved by a teenager when she'd left the Sunrise earlier that morning. She would have said as much to the young man too, if they weren't both encased on almost all sides by the brawling crowds. Instead she grinned wildly, and offered a hand to the dark-haired stranger to pull him up from the ground. "Thankee, y' nippy petcher!" She did not have room for any more conversation, or indeed chance to escape like he'd suggested. Their newfound 'friend' was approaching fast. Meriann finished helping the man up, if he had indeed accepted her hand of thanks, and tried to grab the man as he approached. In the space they had, it was difficult to do much in the way of clever footwork or avoidance, especially for a woman who hadn't been in a fight for a while. The man barrelled towards her, calling them both all manner of things that Meriann couldn't understand but assumed were shyking Sunberthian slang.

Her arms reached out to try and grab him, but despite his wriggly appearance he was apparently stronger than he looked, with muscles hidden by the baggy coat that swung unpleasantly as he lunged forwards. Meriann's hug around his waist was doing little to stop his enraged fists knocking against her back, and by now she too was getting furious. She headbutted him square on the forehead, and suddenly let go and reeled back, clutching her head. "GODS!" The motherpetcher had a forehead of iron.

She blinked and tried to centre herself. The stranger, if anything, was looking even more red-faced like he was about to boil over. Worse, he was reaching underneath his cloak, where she presumed he had some kind of weapon. Most of the people here carried weapons of some sort. Meriann did too, nothing fancy, just a dagger and a sword that was no good to her here as it was back on the boat.

The black-haired man who'd surprisingly come to her aid was nearby. She didn't know what he called himself, so she cried out using whatever first came to her mind. The two of them, if they worked together, should be able to fend him off. "Hey, Black 'Air, watch out!" Their opponent approached them again, this time brandishing a grim dagger that oozed nastiness. Meriann wasn't planning on getting scars, not today, not in this petching situation. So she tried to run. It wasn't out of cowardice - she objectively wanted to get round to the other side of the bloody motherpetcher - but as she couldn't explain any of this and wouldn't have done anyway, even if she'd been able, it certainly looked like she was turning tail.

Or at least, she would have tried to run. Although a small space had appeared around them as they fought (even more so now that a weapon had been drawn), they were still packed into the small street like fish in a barrel. Meriann bounced awkwardly off the nearest body and without hesitation knocked partially by accident into the shoulder of their opponent. In the confusion as he tried to figure out which of his two assailants was the more pressing issue, she yelled at Black Hair, "Oy, now!" Their window of opportunity was short, and the man was coming to realise that the undefended woman was the easier target. Meriann used elbows and fists and anything she could to keep him disoriented, short of her own blade, as much as she wanted to stab him to teach him a lesson. Her body stung with each hit landed, and she knew she'd wake up with a few good bruises in the morn.
oocHey! I'm not so great at combat, so please forgive me. :lol:
Meriann
Never to be free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 21st, 2018, 11:58 pm

The black haired woman helped him get back to his feet. Neras got back into his fighting stance and squared off with the weaselly brute. The woman had a thick accent to her common, so he didn't really catch what she said in the chaos. The street punk was surprised that she didn't take the chance to escape, but instead the woman woman decided to stand up against her attacker. Maybe him jumping into help her gave her some confidence. The red faced man seemed to care more about the woman than him, so he charged the woman instead of the shanty town rat. The rogue decided to take advantage of the man's anger for the woman, so he jumped out of the way of the man charging the women. He moved around and behind the scuffling pair to position himself to flank their attacker. Thinking to himself the whole time, the man was petching idiot for focusing on the woman instead of both of them. Suddenly, the black haired women grabbed him, head butted the red faced man in the head, and the pair both seemed dazed at the women's attack.

The teenager was behind him now, so he unsheathed his short sword. He saw the reaction on her face as she started yelling him to look out and backed up into the crowd. When the man was completely focused on her, he sprung into action otherwise she was going to get herself killed wildly attacking the man. Running forward from behind, the young Sun Birth guardian thrust the short sword into the weaselly man's right leg. He could have easily run his sword through his stomach, but he didn't want to kill him. The short sword going through the man's leg caused him to stumble forward and fell to knees clutching his hamstring. He yanked his blade out of the wound to cause more damage to man. He didn't want to be followed by him. Looking at the black haired woman, he grabbed the man by his straggly hair from behind and pulled his head backwards. Lifting the pommel of his short sword, he drove the bottom metal handle into the face of the man. He released his hair and letting the unconscious man fall to the ground. He bent down and wiped his sword on the chest of the man.

Standing up and sheathing his sword, the young man wasn't going to take the chances if the man had friends or a part of a another gang, so he quickly moved towards the crowd, motioned with his sword for her to follow him, and said quickly, “You can come with me or not, but we shouldn't stick around here. Just in case this man has friends...”

The rogue quickly scanned the area, and he saw the whole market place erupted into chaos. Neras looked around the street for anyway to escape. He saw a alley way about twenty feet away from them. The half breed forward without waiting for the woman to make a decision. He used his arms to move people out of the way because half the people in the market place were just bystanders. He saw two men kicking another man to death in front of him, so he figured that he moved behind them. No need to deal with other killers if he didn't have too. He pushed and shoved people out of the way if they didn't move. The teenager tried to slip past one man, but as he tried to push him out of the way. He was grabbed by him and pushed backwards. Neras wasn't looking for another fight right after another one, so he lied to him, “Get out of my way! I have important business at the Barracks!” The teenager spat, “You recognize it? Don't you?”

With his right hand dangling above the hilt of his sword, Neras lifted his branded hand to show him that he was apart of the Sun Birth gang. He hoped the man would recognize the symbol as he glared at him. The man must have decided to let him pass because he didn't want to cause trouble with a gang member. Glancing back for a tick, he wondered if the woman decided to follow him, if not, he wished her luck getting out of this mess.
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Meriann on January 22nd, 2018, 9:11 pm

"Speech"

The blade flashed briefly in the light, giving Meriann a small warning before the stranger stabbed his sword into their assailant's leg. The man let out a grim little wheeze of pain and the Svefra was free to let go and scrabble to her feet. She did so without a second thought, pushing herself up from the floor and smoothing her hair back from her face to be able to look around clearly. Her lip was split, and she licked the small cut with a wince. The stranger who'd helped her was swiftly administering the final blow and Meriann looked about them nervously. She was eager to get out of the press of people. This altercation had only come about because she'd trodden on his foot, for instance, and he'd reacted before she'd had a chance to say anything. What else could happen in an atmosphere like that?

She looked back down at the unconscious man, and wrinkled her nose as by chance a rat hurried past, weaving in and out through the assembled feet. If that didn't paint the picture of Sunberth, she didn't know what did. She watched the rat scurrying away and swivelled her head up to glance at the stranger. He spoke true, it was sensible to leave. She doubted that a man like him had friends though. He lay innocuously on the floor and blended in too well with the grime and dirt that swallowed the cobbles, a human street rat of no little friendliness. With a little grin, she took a peek under the age-stiffened wool of the man's cloak and saw nothing of value except a shiny belt buckle. "Righ'. I'll be following you after all."

She found herself liking the young man for no other reason than his ruffled hair and the shape of his face, now that she could get a clear look at him. His willingness to help another stranger only helped matters too. She was about to ask his name, but he began to push his way through the milling people and so she followed behind. There were no glances behind. Various protestations followed in all manner of voices as they moved from the middle of the crowd to the outskirts of the road. Meriann ignored them and to the one woman that looked like she wanted to protest their passage, she knocked her shoulder against her, causing her to stumble backwards. In the general hubbub, they had enough chance to find the alleyway that was in the stranger's sights.

Before they could make those final few steps past the street violence though, he stopped. A grey-haired man who looked to be about Meriann's age was facing up to the teenager. "Motherpetcher." She almost rolled her eyes, but the situation stopped her. "Look..-" But the lie that she was ready to spew at him was subdued as the teenager brandished a fist at Grey Hair, and Meriann was forced to change her assumptions as the man begrudgingly stepped aside to let them past. She felt in the dark, having only heard mention of the Barracks, a word that meant little to her. But how could this scrawny if helpful young man have any kind of sway over the regular people of the city?

The alleyway was crowned overhead with grey washing hanging out to dry across the leaning streets. An equally grey-faced woman quickly withdrew her head from the window as Meriann looked up, and then she raised an eyebrow and looked anew at the black-haired man. It wasn't quiet in the alley, far from it. The shouts of the street were close by and they filled the alley with aggravated sound. Meriann stretched luxuriously and cracked the bones in her shoulders. "So... What's that there on y'hand, lad? Some pretty fancy to show you're some kinda important person? No offence. You don't look it." She leaned in closer and grabbed his wrist. The mark was in the shape of a sun, but that meant nothing to her. "And what's y'name? I'm Meri. Thanks for helpin' a stranger out."
Meriann
Never to be free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Avinasai on January 23rd, 2018, 3:15 am

Another visit to the Seaside Market was what Avinasai had planned of doing for today. She never had expected anything other than a nice stroll through the market, and a nice few glances at her wonderful looks. Especially the pendant that Kelski had made her twenty days ago, it added the beauty to her looks. She sort of wanted to be noticed, but she didn't really think about a riot breaking out.

There were some days where there was the occasional disaster, but a riot in the center of town, all because a woman was a mage? That was crazy! Avinasai got tugged into the middle of the chaos and eventually tripped over the dead woman's body as there were fights breaking out. Avinasai tried to call out for help, but she had seemed to lose her voice. The dark haired woman had withdrew her rapier as she noticed that some other men and women had done the same. It felt like a huge gang war, and Avinasai hated to be a part of any gangs. She couldn't stand them! If that's what really caused this, it would really ruin Avinasai's day. She stood up and prepared herself for battle. There was no time to take out her vial from her backpack for extra security. She had to defend herself from these wild creatures that are called humans.

There was a silver gleam that had nearly struck her face, but Avinasai was just barely to deflect it with her blade and jumped over the dead woman's body. Her sides were starting to pool out with blood, and the man that had just attacked Avinasai was going for a second one. He swiped the blade, and Avinasai scooted back, bumping into another woman behind her. That woman pushed Avinasai forward and she tripped into the man, knocking a few more down. Avinasai scurried over the man and tried to make her way out of the combat. She stopped just before a dagger flew past her, and struck another man in the back. The man screamed in agony, and turned to see who it was. He didn't notice Avinasai, but swiped his sword at some other random person. Screams continued, and Avinasai struggled to get out of the riot.
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Words: 73745
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2017, 4:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 24th, 2018, 9:16 am

When Neras got into the alley, he knew that he was being followed, so he turned around and saw the black haired woman standing behind him. The alley stunk of garbage and feces, but at least, the unlikely pair was out of the unruly mob. The teenager was silent because he wasn't sure what to say to her, so he just watched her stretch out her muscles. The young man couldn't help himself, but admire her long black hair and piercing blue eyes. To him, she was exotic looking, and she looked nothing like the women in Sunberth. He opened his month to say something to her, but she beat him to it. She asked him what he had on his hand, and if he was some important person. The rogue couldn't help himself from smirking as she said that he didn't look like anyone in important. He said bluntly, “No offense taken. I learned long time ago people in this city tend to have short lives if they stand out to much. It best to not attract to much attention.” He stayed silent for a moment as he debated if he wanted to give her his name. She told him that her name was Meri and asked him for his name. Neras looked at her in the eyes and said simply, “Call me Jinx. It is a brand. For now, it best to think of me as just connected...”

Neras eyes kept flickering back and forth to the end of alley and back to her. Seeing some people enter the alley, he quickly grabbed her hand and moved them into the shadows behind some stacked crates. He made sure that she was against the wall while his back was exposed to alley. Unfortunately, Meriann and him were close together, and he hoped that she wasn't put off by his sudden actions. He didn't trust people in the city, and he especially didn't trust the men of the city when it came to pretty women. She had a sword, but he wasn't going to take chances in this chaos. It best that she wasn't seen by them. When they past them, he moved away from her and quickly apologized, “I am sorry if I scared you. I know you can defend yourself, but in the chaos of the riots, people tend to prey on other people. Lets...just say. It best that you weren't seen by those men in a dark alley.”

The rogue kept his eyes on the far end of the alley, and he said without looking at her, “When I helped you, I was hoping you would take the opportunity to escape, but you stayed and fought...” Neras could hear the sound of many people pulling their swords from their scabbard, and the sound of armed melee and the clash of metal and screams of battle can by heard from down the alley. He continued softy, “You were brave and fought with much..gusto.” He had to chuckle at her fighting style and said with a smirk, “Honestly, you fought like a cornered Brat. If I were him, I would have ran the opposite direction of you!”

The fighting was getting intense outside of the alley in the market place, and he looked at her and said, “Don't thank me yet. I might of made your day a lot worse because I am pretty sure. I killed that man in the street. Everyone has friends here if you are loner in Sunberth, you are good as dead..” The rogue said to with a nod, “For your safety, I going to take you to the Barracks till this chaos blows over. It the least that I can do for the mess that I might have gotten you into.”

Suddenly, Neras flowing blond hair in the mist of the battle, and he could tell by the look on the young woman's face that she was in trouble. For a tick, he fought back to leave the girl to her fate, but he turned to Meri and said with a chuckle, “I am about to do something really stupid, so please stay here and stay to shadows. I will be right back.”

Slowly unsheathing his short sword to negate the noise of unsheathing, Neras left Meriann by the crates. He stayed on the darker side of the alley, and he slowly crept to edge of the alley. Kneeling down behind a trash can, he saw the blond haired woman as she was in the middle of the armed melee. The rogue sprung to action. He jumped up from his hiding spot, ran to woman, and said quickly to the pretty blond, “Go to the alley and hide by the crates. Go now!”

Suddenly the a man with a dagger in his back turned around and saw him with her. The man looked like he was in a blood fury because he charged him with his broad sword raised above his head. Neras stood up and stood his ground against their attacker. He lifted his short sword and parried his downward swing of his sword. After the parry, the teenager jumped to the side. The attacker turn around and swung backhanded slash of his broad sword at Neras' abdomen. As the attackers strike came around, the rogue jumped backwards out of the way of the his attack, but the tip of the sword caught his left arm, and he could feel a sharp pain and blood trickling down his arm. He jumped far enough, but his arm flailed and slashed by the sword. They circled each other both looking for a opening.

Neras noticed the injured man was breathing was labored. The attacker sprung to action attacked him with another over the head sword strike. The Sun Birth Guardian knew that he needed to stand his ground again, so he raised his blade over his head and blocked the attack; however, as the swords met with a loud clang of metal, they sat there locked in battle of strength, and he could tell that he was losing it. Thinking to himself the whole time, they were staring at each other face to face, 'This is what I get for being a hero, Petch! Maybe I will finally get to see Morwen and mother now...'
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avinasai on January 25th, 2018, 11:32 pm

Avinasai's breathing was a little too labored. She was lucky enough to come across someone to help her out. However, the boy told her to flee. She began to get out of the way at first to recuperate from the encounter. She watched the teen fight against those thugs. Avinasai had probably pulled the strings on one of the men during the riots. They probably followed her into the alley, when Avinasai was trying to go back home. She was grateful for the boy who had protected her from the buggers. Avinasai gathered her breath leaning against the wall before she noticed that the boy was having trouble defending himself against the two men. Avinasai had a feeling that she could do this, and she wanted nothing more than to get rid of nasty men who tried to rape Avinasai because of her beauty.

"Here love, I think you might be needing an extra hand. Know ya told me to go, but out of courtesy, I returned," Avinasai said and readied her rapier. The boy had taken some damage. Hopefully, Avinasai would be able to help him out the best to her ability. She hasn't used her rapier in awhile, and the last time that she could really recall using it was earlier during the season, when she first met Kelski. However, she hadn't been training with it as much as she should have been.

She didn't tell the boy though.

As the battle continued, Neras was pinned and struggled in a fight of strength against the other man. Avinasai was busy fending off another man that was wielding an elongated dagger. The blade looked dangerous, and Avinasai wondered how tough the man actually was. Though, Avinasai took her chance at going for the stab at the other man that was adjacent to her since she noticed the young boy who was still struggling was struggling even more so. She aimed in the opposers general direction and poked the rapier into his side. The man would definitely be distracted by a poke from a thin blade such as a rapier. However, as Avinasai was going in to help Neras, her other arm was cut and Avinasai yelped as the man withdrew his dagger and took a five-foot step back.

"You petchin' bastard! Don't ya have any respect for women, love!" Avinasai yelled at him. She looked at Neras, shrugged and looked back to the crates. She wondered about kicking them down to have the opportunity to flee. She went behind the crates and shoved them down with what endurance she had. "Move love." Avinasai said to Neras as the crates tumbled into the thugs. The crates had managed to delay the combat for now. Now is their chance to run away. "Let's get moving sweets." Avinasai urged and motioned Neras to follow the dark haired woman.
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Words: 73745
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2017, 4:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Paaie on June 14th, 2018, 6:47 pm

G R A D E
MERIANN

Singing +1
Observation +3
Investigation +1
Brawling +2
Unarmed Combat +1
Socialization +1

Brawling: Shoving a foe
Unarmed Combat: Throwing punches to keep a foe at distance
Investigation: A terrible wailing in the marketplace
Brawling: Headbutting in a pinch
Meriann: Starts a brawl in the streets of Sunberth!
Neras Frostfawn: Possesses a sun-shaped mark on his hand
Meriann: Scrappy fighter
NERAS FROSTFAWN

Observation +2
Rhetoric +2
Negotiation +1
Larceny +1
Brawling +1
Unarmed Combat +1
Weapon: Short sword +2
Subterfuge +1

Market produce is often overpriced
Observation: The look of overripe fruit
Negotiation: Pointing out bruised produce to lower its price
Negotiation: Offering to pay the coin for better quality produce
Larceny: Distract and steal
Larceny: Running draws unwanted attention
Brawling: Charging a foe
Unarmed Combat: Deflecting a punch with your arms
Short sword: Using the pommel to knock a foe out
Short sword: Parrying a sword strike
Subterfuge: Using the Sun's Birth mark to escape a mob
Meriann: Beautifully exotic looking
One does not live for long in Sunberth if one stands out
A loner in Sunberth is as good as dead
AVINASAI

Once you have deducted living expenses for Winter 517AV feel free to PM me and I will grade your posts.
If you feel I missed anything don't hesitate to PM me. Don't forget to edit your grade request here~
Paaie
Player

Words: 63032
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2018, 9:12 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)