Footsteps in the Dark (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Robert Cithon on February 4th, 2011, 5:58 am

Robert was feeling outnumbered now. The two strangers were quickly becoming comfortable with each other. Yet they both seemed taken aback by him in someway. “I am out for a walk” Was his short and abrupt answer. He did not yet feel comfortable telling the two to much about him. “I am Robert, I will give you that much.” He took a step back, leaning against the wall of a building. He hoped the more relaxed poise would help them relax also. Though in truth he was giving himself another few seconds of reaction time, if he needed it. He hoped, this one night that he would not draw his weapons and spills blood into the streets of Ravok. Robert had no idea if the others knew, but he caught sight of the newcomer, watching the group from darkness. And to think people actually think these streets are ever really empty, they just can’t see the ones who watch from shadows. The ones you need to be most weary of.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on February 4th, 2011, 6:21 am

((Woo, I can use my postz.))

Reaver glanced at the new guest as she seamed to leap forward and grab a dagger, not quite sure how to translate the information. Offensive, yes, but also as if lost or cornered. Reaver's hands slid back to the edge of the path, and took a firm grip. Should things get violent, he'd head right into the water. He decided maybe a word would be better then an act, though.

Calming himself, he responded: "Any more guests and we could have a party. I see so few strange people. Yet, today must be lucky, I've seen three. A human who chose to listen, Robert his name, Once who doesn't fear me, a Nina, and this one. I don't see any slave markings on any of you, which only adds to the wonders of today." Reaver knew his charisma needed work, but he thought on chance of more good luck, he might do well enough.

"But to answer the question, Nina, I came out looking for work. I'm a doctor, but my condition keeps people from visiting me. Sadly, I have taken the habit of looking for work where it happens. I'd love to practice my craft to a more, complete fashion, but that takes money. Without work, that became difficult. And of you, Nina?"

((...more to the point, why am I awake?))
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nina P Lily on February 4th, 2011, 6:41 am

When the stranger had lept forward, with a dagger no less, Nina instinctavly placed her blowgun to her lips. She gave a taunting smile, not removing her mouth from the weapon. "Friend or foe?" It'd be plain stupid to pick foe with a poisoned needle pointed at you, but, the girl's expression didn't show one of malicious intent, and she hoped she wasn't misreading her. She couldn't help but crack a smile when Reaver called her strange. It grew wider when he referred to her as 'A Nina'. As if she was so unique a creature she deserved her own race. Nina lowered her blowgun, it wouldn't harm her anyway, maybe numb her. She carried it more for intimidation.

Nina glanced at Reaver before returning her eyes to the girl. She didn't exactly know if the girl was a threat or not, yet so she wanted to keep a close eye on her. "I wander, I guess. Go where I'm needed according to what best fits my needs. I guess I support myself, selling what I make." She didn't add the part about what she 'makes' being poisons if needed, sometimes even going out and doing the bloody job herself.
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Ssaelrellvian on February 6th, 2011, 1:30 am

((OOC: Sorry, I misinterpreted the lore, human-form Dhani don't have fangs. Erase that part. I'll edit after this.))
Relli calmed and sheathed her dagger. Her bird was gone, never to come back. Cursing in her mind, she pulled the hood up over her eyes. Dialating her eyes back to normal she looked through the fabric at the other companions. What the hell? She pulled her hood back again. They probaly thought she was mentally ill now, waving her hood around, on and off. Oh well, if someone were judgemental she'd just leave. When the girl pulled out a blowgun Relli stepped back. Near the edge of rage, she assumed a defensive position, but when the woman put it away Relli calmed. "Hello, I am Rellvian. You may call me Relli," the dhani accent did little to hide her identity, but neither did her eyes, so they probaly allready knew. Relli never used her full name because it sort of angered her. It made her remember her past. How her mate, Kajaren, died. Everything. She hated it, oh how she hated it. That's why she demanded people call her Relli for it wasn't her true name. It made her feel new, revived, a fresh start.
Ssaelrellvian
Player

Words: 3780
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2011, 5:45 pm
Race: Dhani

((OOC Interruption.))

Postby Reaver on February 6th, 2011, 4:42 am

((COMPLETELY OOC POST! I'll make OOC black, just to make it stand out.))

((Well, Relli, I'll give you the same advice someone gave me. Write in past-tense omnipresent. If you missed what that means, write like everything happened, instead of it happening. Write as if you're some kind of deity watching your character's actions and thoughts. You got the second part down, I messed both up. Why? ...to fit in? I won't hold such things against you. I'm not done learning yet!))

((On an unrelated note, should we adhere to a post order? Relli, Robert, Reaver, Nina was the last used. If not, I'm not too picky as long as no-one feels left out. I'm terrible about that when it comes to OOC comments, but hey, I don't count those. ...if so, Robert's turn.))
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on February 6th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Rober was still leaning against the building waiting, watching the events unfold. He was not worried about any of the people in the alley anymore. Now that the shock of encountering two new races, in one night, at the same time had finally worn off. He was now cool and collected. He had already weighed the advantages and disadvantages of each member of the party. Looking for weakness, strengths, which hand the drew weapons with, how the held weapons, their posture. Robert had come to the conclusion, if blows started to be thrown, he would come out victories with his sword and axe. “Everyone needs to calm down. There is no need to draw weapons and such as of yet. We will save that for a later date.” He said it jokingly, maybe the would see it that way also.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on February 6th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Reaver thought about his next action, eying each person here in turn as he did so. Robert was calm, Nina, though facing away, was relaxed, and... Relli had relaxed. Reaver decided to relax. Reaver stretched his arms, a habit from life maybe.

After hearing Robert's words, Reaver chuckled, and replied "I left my writing stuff at home, anyway. It's hard for me to draw anything that isn't a memory right now. Would be such a fine day to have brought it, as well."

Reaver looked between everyone's choice of defending themselves, and it dawned on him that he has yet to try and learn any such means, outside of clever escape that many cannot follow. "I'm in a fond mood, would anybody like to exchange information with me? I have some knowledge people find of value, I can see an odd list of skills among you. Maybe we should all walk away having learned something... If you don't have the time, I understand, but to me, time is less a burden."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nina P Lily on February 6th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Nina put her blowgun in her backpack, not seeing any danger at the momment. She turned around to face Reaver, who had spoken up. She looked at him for a second, a bit suspicious, before nodding slowly. She wasn't one to really share things about herself, but this was only about a bit of her knowledge, not her whole life. She could learn a bit from a doctor, and the other two seemed to be good on fighting, maybe one of them had a special talent? "I'm fine with it, how about you two?" Though she prefered ranged combat, due to her delicate structure, learning a bit to protect herself if attacked first would be of use as well.
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Scezha on February 7th, 2011, 4:37 pm

It was a dark and cold night. The kind of night Scezha can expect in the winter. Upon entering the city, his first intention was to look for an inn for a shelter for the night. But blasted, the city is like a maze! The river and water canals that split through the city made every corner of the streets look the same. The sound of flowing water, the light that shines over it, and the multitudes of bridges that he have to pass through. It's hard enough to walk around by yourself in this kind of place, but it's even more difficult when you're leading a horse with you! He knows he should have left Nanta outside with the dock's guards, but Scezha couldn't rest easy with the thought of Nanta sleeping alone with strangers.

And had this not been a friggin' cold of a night, Scezha would have a wonderful time exploring the city and all of its wonders. No, right now his mind forces him to find a resting place. Too long, and too far, has he travels outside. He couldn't even count how many days passed with him sleeping on Nanta's back! All because he pays too much attention into looking his master that he neglects his own basic needs! Now, his body punishes him for doing so, repressing his curiosity for the bigger needs of looking for a shelter.

Scezha crosses another bridge, pulling Nanta that seems to screams with her eyes begging for a nice and warm stall to relax her cold feet. It was as if she accused Scezha for looking around town, pretending to look for an inn. Scezha sighed for a little and gave a little, comforting look on her. He feels the same too. He's just as tired as her. But unless he wants them to sleep on the street, the both of them have to continue exploring this maze of a city. And after Nanta nodded for a little, deciding not to argue, Scezha continues to turn into a dark alley.

And this particular alley has increases his interest on this city. There, right in front of him, stands two or three persons. Scezha couldn't really tell since the moon refuses to give his light into the city, and what little city light that passes to the alley are too dim for him to see perfectly. He could see that one of them kinda have a bulky posture, a warrior maybe? And most certainly a guy, because even if he can only see his back, Scezha could easily tell that it's not a feminine posture.

The other one is a girl, with a black hair that faintly reflects the city light. But that's not the first of her features that attracts Scezha's attention. It was her eyes. Her bright, amethyst eyes that appears almost in contrast to the surrounding black and darker environment. She seems as if she just put something into her back, what could that be? Scezha wonders. This is the small hint of curiosity that his exhausted body could not hold back.

The atmosphere around the party in front of him seems almost as cold as the night itself, but grew a little warmer as Scezha was approaching slowly. Good indication that there won't be any bloodshed around, he hopes. Scezha realizes this is the one thing he should have done halve a day ago. If you can't find your place in a new city, why don't ask the residents? Better yet, he should have asked the guards about the inn!

Trying not to provoke anyone, Scezha asks nicely. "I'm sorry, ladies and gentleman. I hope I'm not intruding in anything important. You see, I'm a traveler and new to the city. Do you know of any place where I can spend the night?"

(OOC: If you can't tell, Scezha couldn't see Reilli and Reaver where he's standing)
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on February 10th, 2011, 11:11 am

((Oh snap, it was MY turn? I'm less then intelligent. I figured Robert was gonna answer my question, or maybe Relli. But I got a PM stating it's my turn, so I go! ...edited to make this black. :P))

Reaver looked to the sudden new voice. It sounded like someone he should meet. Reaver had a problem, though, first impressions were key, and despite his time here he never bothered to find his way around. He knew where he was compared to home, but not much else. The time for Reaver's best attempt drew now! Standing up, he brushed off the dust, and walked into view of the new person. Bowing slightly, he stated: "I'm sorry, I'm not the best person to ask for directions in this city, but I would offer any other assistance I can. I'd offer my own home if I had a bed. The same to my new friends, but probably not OF them." The second sentence was said with what could be described as glee. Probably not an emotion people expect to hear out of a Nuit.
Last edited by Reaver on February 11th, 2011, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext