Footsteps in the Dark (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Nina P Lily on February 10th, 2011, 7:03 pm

((Actually, I thought it was Relli's turn...))

Nina tensed when she had heard a new voice. She straightened, forcing herself to relax, and examined the man who had approached them. She was slightly disappinted in herself for not hearing them approach, and it didn't really help with the fact that he had had a horse with him. Now she wished Leesha was here. The small black cat always seemed to calm her, but she also tended to wonder, causing trouble for herself. Nina looked a bit distant, caught up in her thoughts, before snapping back towards reality.

"I wouldn't know either." Nina tended to wonder as well, going anywhere and everywhere. She shrugged slightly, "Sorry to not be much assistance." Her voice was soft and silking, though at the same time very cold with her Symenos accent. Entracing yet eery. She smiled, her sharp 'fangs' showing. Her appearnce could be described as threatening, it usually was, though she doesn't try for it to be.
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Robert Cithon on February 11th, 2011, 6:42 am

Robert was not so surprised when another stranger appeared amongst them. It was turning into a damn midnight meet and greet. Robert took a few steps forward away from the wall. This alley was beginning to feel crowded now. Especially with the arrival of man atop a horse.

The man seemed to be lost. He was looking a little won ragged. Perhaps he had been lost for a good day or two? Robert wouldn’t ask him, it could be embarrassing. He was asking about a place to sleep. Robert knew of a few good hideaways in the city. Nooks you could hide yourself and a fully grown horse in without being bothered by thugs or the weather. But he decided to keep those personal. “Well stranger, I am Robert.” He was no longer worried about an assassin lurking in the darkness. This was to public an area to kill someone now. “But there are a few good taverns and inns. None to far from here either. I could show you the way if you’d like?” He didn’t drink or need a pace to sleep, but he could always use a little company now and then. “Actually” he paused looking around at the others in turn. “It might be an interesting night if we all shared a few drinks and laughs.” He didn’t mind others drinking, and he loved a good game of dice or cards. One of which was always present in a nice sized tavern.” What do you all think?”

(OOC It was Relli's, but he hasnt beenone in a week. So I amassuming he lost interest in the site. We move on without him/her lol)
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on February 13th, 2011, 5:36 am

((No posts, Does that make it my turn again? I'll send him a PM then and see. He logged in today.))

----------------------------------

((Just got told these OOC posts aren't the cool thing. I'll stop now.))
Last edited by Reaver on February 13th, 2011, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 13th, 2011, 6:00 am

(( don't mean to intrude but im new to this, would you all care if i joined?))
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Words: 17052
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scezha on February 14th, 2011, 3:11 am

[OOC: Sorry, was suddenly busy these past few days. I still try to read what you guys posted anyway]

And in the dark Alley, Sczeha starts to have a proper look on what his new acquiantances look like. The first one to answer him was some dark person, Scezha couldn't tell whether it's a guy or not before he answers. And the voice that came out of his mouth suddenly sends chill down Scezha's spine. It was very much like the voice of the dead.

"But he's not ghost or undead." Scezha thought to himself. Who, or what is he? And did he just offered me his house? No way would I ever accepted that request." Not trying to be rude, but Scezha knows even he has to suppress his curiosity and be wary of unknown person when he has to. Especially when the one who offers you help is not clearly a living being.

The next one who answers, the girl with the emerald eyes, gave the same answer as the first creepy guy. It seems like both of them are travelers just like him. And Scezha thinks they could help him with accommodation for tonight. He let out a short sigh of disapointment, before the third one, the bulky guy right in front of him, gave a relieving answer.

"Well, Sir, if you could show me the way to the nearest inn, I'll be much grateful. And though I have nothing to give to show my thanks, I'd love to accompany you for the night. I may not good with the drinks, but surely I can accompany you with cards." Finally, a reliable man who could help. And whatever inn in this watery city looks like, it couldn't be worse than the alternative. Nanta makes a quick step full of joy, knowing Scezha has found themselves a good place to rest.
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on February 14th, 2011, 3:57 am

Reaver noted the general distaste the newest person seamed to show. Robert showed the same colors upon meeting, but dropped his. Maybe this newcomer would change as well? "I get a lot of odd looks from any tavern I visit, I suspect they do not appreciate me there. I also suspect the last time I visited I wound up missing a few coin. But that aside, I suppose it couldn't hurt any." Just in case, Reaver decided not to force his presence. "Well, minus the possible discomfort of this lost traveler. I leave my presence in such a place to him, he seams... reluctant. If not, perhaps we could share stories another time, I could give you my usual address, but my boat tends to wander from time to time." Reaver contemplated sitting back down, but decided against it. Even if he wasn't invited along, maybe he better be on his way regardless.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nina P Lily on February 15th, 2011, 3:35 am

Nina nodded."I don't mind. I'm always up for a game and I don't mind the drinking." She smiled, trying to hide the fact that she had never learned to play, or even hold down a strong drink for that matter. Though she'd probably be out of it by the first drink or so, she was determined not to look as if she was at the disadvantage, and if she had to lose a few coin to do it, she was determined. She was never one to ask for help anyway. She also felt a bit helpless, not being able to help the man find a place to stay. She could help you find your way to most major cities but when it came to navigating in one, she was actually quite lost.
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Robert Cithon on February 15th, 2011, 5:54 am

Robert could tell there was tension in this little social event. Hell he was the cause of some of it himself. But he was not surprised when nearly everyone agreed to tag along for a drink and perhaps a game of cards. The closest tavern he could think of was the Silver Sliver Tavern, a few minutes walk from their present location. “Well lets be on our way then.” Robert turned and began to walk in the general direction of the tavern.

“So stranger” Robert looked toward Scezha. “My name is Robert, this beautiful young lady” he pointed at Nina “is Nina”. He turned and looked at Reaver, he still made him slightly uncomfortable. “He is Reaver. And apparently tonight is the night to meet tons of new people. Robert gave a small laugh at his own joke. He was glad to have company for once. And even more so that he did not think tonight any blood would have to be spilled. “ And what might we call you sir?” He directed the question toward the newest addition.

(OOC sorry its short guys, work is kiling me lately so many hours,means so little time for myself left. Will get better, hopefully)
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scezha on February 20th, 2011, 3:32 am

Scezha was happy enough to get a place to sleep for the night. Winter night tends to be merciless on travelers like him. He got even more excited knowing he would get a few friends for the road. A living one. The only company he got the past few days are just Nanta and few wandering ghosts. But that all seems to end, except for the halve-living-halve-dead company that doesn't refuse the offer.

The bulky guy in front of him approaches, introducing himself as Robert. The lady with emerald eyes is nina, and the person he doesn't want to get along is Reaver, or something like that. Maybe it's best to find a ghost or two somewhere in the city, just to find out more about this person. From what his master told him, what Scezha doesn't know could very well kill him.

"My name is Scezha, of the sons of Benha." Scezha introduces himself to show some courtesy between him and his new acquaiantances. "You may just call me Scezha. And this," He points at the horse beside him. "is Nanta. My dear, and trusty partner." Nanta make another hoof and quickstep to introduce herself. "So, sir Robert, may we get to this tavern you mention?"
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on February 21st, 2011, 12:19 am

No answer to his question, not a lack of invitation, but not an invitation all the same. Reaver decided perhaps it wasn't his place after all. Then again, what does one learn by sitting where one is supposed to be all his life, eh? Reaver decided to simply say nothing, wait, and follow behind until told to do something else. Maybe he'd even do it. For now? He chose to wait.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext