Sneaking Out [Arabella]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 3rd, 2011, 2:05 am

Timestamp: Day 90 of Winter, AV 510

Eldon was up early. As per instruction, new linen bandages had been wrapped around his wounded body. His lower ribs required his torso to be wrapped, his bicep required its own length of linen covering what was once a whole from a bolt. Early, so early. This was a tricky situation, but after parting with Arabella two days before, and not been able to see her since, made him eager to know of what happened. Was she alright? Was she found out? Sure, they decided it'd be best to limit their scandalous meetings a little, and a single full day obeying to that did not seem very true to that agreement, but he was concerned. Sure, he was lasting after the girl, but more importantly was her well being. If she wasn't well, he needed to know. He cared too much not to.

Eldon slid a shirt over his body and stepped outside of the Sunkiss pavilion, and without so much of a hesitation, Eldon made a direct line to Vanah. His friend and trusty Strider. A beautiful beast she was, but today, Eldon needed her help. Eldon saddled up the horse and climbed onto her back. His first stop of the day, Starweaver Pavilion. Eldon took a deep breath, this was playing it very dangerous. It was both sly and devious. Nerve-wracking and overwhelmingly exciting. It wouldn't take but a few minutes for Vanah to navigate Endrykas and reach their destination. Starweaver Pavilion. He had known Kayiri for about two seasons now, and already experienced several meaningful hunts with him. It would seem natural that Eldon would show up to see his friend, perhaps another challenge in accuracy, a payback almost. But no, that was only his ploy. Eldon hopped down from Vanah's back and strode up to the tent, pushed open the flap that acted as a weak little entrance, and poked his head in.

"Hey Kayiri? You here?" As he had hoped, Kay was not around. Now, if only he was gifted with the amazing luck to find Arabella here. He needed to see her.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Arabella Starweaver on February 3rd, 2011, 2:21 am

Sighing, blue eyes stared up at the top of the pavilion, she layed on her back, day dreaming. Once again her thoughts moved to Eldon, no one was there, she was safe to let her mind run as far as it wanted. She tugged and her long sleeves and itched at her pants, she wasn't used to wearing so much clothing, but it was necessary to hide the damage from two days before. Arabella still ached, it hurt to move, she opted not to go out on the hunt on this day, fearing she might loose her head. Flashes of his face and his arms around her, whispers in her ear, even now it made her blush, she couldn't help the reaction his mere memory gave her. "Oh Ara you foolish girl, it was all fake, you won't see him again, you know that." she spoke allowed to herself, the thought made her sad, but it was possible. He did say he wanted to see her again, but how soon would again be? When would it start over?

Missing someone wasn't something she was fond of, she hadn't been eating or sleeping, every time she closed her eyes she could see him, feel his hands and his breath on her. The goosebumps came back, prickling at her damaged skin. She winced, even something as slight as that hurt to deal with. She had to stop this, she had to get herself together, make it less obvious something was wrong. "Get it together Ara, you're loosing it, you have to try"

Arabella was still lying there, she had her eyes closed now, which didn't help her daydreams at all. She missed him so deeply, it was like missing a piece of her own self, how could she function unless she was whole? How could she live her life when her life was somewhere else? Never wanting to leave Eldon, she practically had to force herself to that night, the walk was long, her strider was still back at her own pavilion. She couldn't come back with him though, that would be to obvious. Luckily, people got hurt and lost here all the time, died and no one found them, she used it to her advantage, a near death experience had certainly gotten her out of her usual life, the boring and dull life she lived. But all the free time made it easier for her dreams to go back to Eldon, something she tried to avoid.

She didn't move when she heard his voice, she just muttered to herself some more [b]"That's good Ara, lets hallucinate his voice, what next? We going to play pretend until you see him again?"[b] she hated this, the torment, the evil that kept them apart. She just layed there and sighed, eyes clothes, trying to stop hallucinating him. It was easier said then done, maybe living in fantasy world was better then living in the real one.
Arabella Starweaver
Player

Words: 55633
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 3rd, 2011, 2:55 am

Eldon continued to stare inside the pavilion. He didn't see Kayiri, who would of certainly picked up his head if he had been around. Eldon gnawed on his lip as he glanced around. He saw somebody twisting and turning as they tried to sleep, muttering something to themselves. Eldon hesitated. He knew he should leave, but he wanted to know. "Arabella? Is that you? We need to talk." Eldon held his breath as he waited for the reply. If the person didn't respond, he would have to assume it wasn't Kayiri or Arabella, perhaps their father? Was their mother still alive? Probably not, Arabella made a big deal about growing up in an all male pavilion. "Arabella?"

Eldon lightly rubbed his chest, the linen wrappings, the slowly ticking time. He had to hurry. Eldon decided to step inside, quickly, quietly, on over to the sleeping person on the cot. He felt a lump of something swelling in his throat. He was trespassing, this was dangerous, this was stupid. But, thankfully, he saw her face, eyes closed, lips mumbling something inaudibly to herself. Arabella. Eldon reached down, placing his hand over her mouth so she didn't cry out in panic before she realized who it was. "Arabella! Wake up, nobody's here, let's go. Come on baby." Eldon watched, his breath was once again inhaled heavily and held in anticipation. What if she was an incredibly heavy sleeper? What if she didn't realize it was him and called for help.

Well, in worst case scenario, he could just run away and come back after she woke up a little, worst case.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Arabella Starweaver on February 3rd, 2011, 3:09 am

Arabella felt pain first from where he shook her, the bruises were everywhere and his fingers were digging into them, she winced and moaned in pain. Her eyes flashed open, startled it wasn't a dream, she only confirmed this by punching him right in the face. Arabella sprang up, face paled now, embarrassed and guilty "Oh my god! I'm so sorry I didn't mean it!" she had a really bad habit of unexpectedly hitting him, she would need to reign that in. She took him in for a moment, drank in his appearance, whispering now. "What are you doing here Eldon, we agreed to wait a while, to keep our distance, this is dangerous and kind of stupid." her eyes flashed around the pavilion, she was so paranoid now that someone would show up.

She didn't understand, what was he thinking? They couldn't just up and leave, it was daylight, people were all over the place, he was lucky no one had seen him enter the pavilion uninvited. "Go? Go where? I don't understand." she moved towards the entrance however, not understanding all of this, but trusting him enough to leave with him now wherever he took her. It was insane, but romantic and whimsical, she couldn't help feeling touched that he risked all of this to see her.

Arabella didn't fully grasp the situation, in a way she still felt like she was dreaming, that he was just a figment of her imagination, a beautiful and wonderful thing she had let her mind dream up so she could fill the lonely void. Her family would be back soon, and they would wonder where she had gone, she couldn't be so irresponsible to blow off a hunt but feel free to take a stroll, going with him could cause a lot of problems, but she wanted to, she wanted to be able to be with him again for real, not just in her dreams. It was crazy but she nodded her head, she would go with him, the consequences would come later.
Arabella Starweaver
Player

Character sheet

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 3rd, 2011, 4:13 am

Eldon saw the ceiling of the pavilion before he realized that Arabella had cracked his swiftly on the nose. Eldon's eyes water up instantly, but at least she didn't scream or call of help. Eldon stood up, took two stumbling steps backwards to recover his senses, shook his head briskly. "By Syna's eyes woman!" Eldon half groaned and half chuckled as his hand moved up to his nose, squeezing it lightly. He blinked rapidly, trying to shoo away the water building in his eyes. The sensitive touch the senses caused such with relative ease.

"Trust me on this. We're going to walk right out of Endrykas, and not a soul with question this. Today's the day I promised to train you with a spear." Eldon tossed a cunning little wink to Arabella. "Right? You didn't forget did you?" Of course Eldon and Arabella had made no such plans, but it was a cover up. Nobody would suspect anything devious. The Drykas went out into the plains all the time, all year long, to practice weapons, riding, hunting. Some searched for roots, herbs, plants, and animals. Today, they were going to 'train'.

Eldon led Arabella outside of the the pavilion, where Vanah was waiting for them. Vanah was already equipped with Eldon's weaponry. His dual tipped spear, the quarterstaff, two axes, small, for throwing. He was prepared, everyone would see the weaponry, and assume just as he planned. Of course, if they ran into Kayiri or his father, they might still be busted, but otherwise, it looked totally natural. Eldon clicked his tongue and Vanah started following him without hesitation. "Let's go practice Arabella. You were impressed by my spear, aren't I correct?"
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Arabella Starweaver on February 3rd, 2011, 4:26 am

She felt bad for slugging him in the nose, it was just a reaction, some one just hovering over her while she tried to sleep, he had to have known something like that would happen. She examined his face quickly and heard him talking about the spear. Oh good, he had a plan, that made her look like a complete imbecile. She frowned, Arabella wasn't keen on the idea of looking dumb, it wasn't what he was saying, it was how he said it. He sounded overjoyed, like teacher her this skill would be the highlight of his life.

"Ease up there cowboy, hmm, you sound like a bumbling idiot." she whispered it as she walked past him, patting him on the shoulder. His over excitement was cute, sneaking around like this made him cuter, if that was even possible. He was acting silly, they didn't need a publicly announced cover, they only needed one if they passed someone who asked. Arabella chuckled to herself, this was truly ridiculous. "So, where are we really going then?" she didn't know what was happening, she had thought she wouldn't see him for quite some time, but here he was in all his glory, or at least the glory she had put him in. It was sick, she held him on this pedestal in her mind, he was above everyone and everything on Earth, so much so that she was walking out on her family for who knows how long.

Arabella was unsure how she should act, as they walked he was so close to her, it was like some kind of magnetism, she kept staring at him out of the corner of her eye, wanting to just reach out to him, touch him, hold him, anything. She pushed the thoughts away, no that wouldn't be good, she couldn't show her feelings here, she couldn't give in to her desires. This was not there secret shadowy world, this was the real world, and in the real world, Eldon taught her like she was some dumb ass. She smirked, how much did he enjoy saying that really? To lord that over her, that she would want to learn from him, she bet her felt a little touch of pride, she would get him back for it later.

Stumbling, she nearly landed on the ground, her thoughts had kept her in a daze and she didn't see the small hole in the ground. She landed on her knees and hopped back up like a scared rabbit. She flushed bright red, 'Good doing Ara, really, you are pure genius and elegance.' her thoughts nagged her, she really should pay more attention to where she was going instead of staring at his ass and day dreaming about it.
Arabella Starweaver
Player

Character sheet

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 3rd, 2011, 5:22 am

Eldon chuckled heartily as if Arabella had just told him the world's best joke. Eldon gave her a quick little bump on the shoulder with his elbow, as if they were nothing more than two guys at the archery range, complimenting the other on a nice shot. Eldon, however, gave her a quick stare, that look told everything. 'I want you.' Eldon looked back at the path ahead, once they were out of Endrykas, they could talk normal, and once they had reached a suitable distance, they would even be out of sight behind the tall golden sea of grass. Then they could drop the charade as a whole. "Where are we going? To the plains of course. Where better to train?" Eldon gave her a wink, confirming their destination.

Finally, they were out of Endrykas, a ways away. Perhaps a mile. Not so far that the Drykas web wouldn't see them, protect them, but far enough where standard eyesight had no chance to see them. The grass, it was only added cover. Finally. Apparently their destination wasn't much of one, a lone leafless tree in the middle of nowhere. Eldon took a seat, resting his back against the trunk of the tree, shaking it a moment to scratch the itch that infected his back. Then, promptly, he patted the ground next to him. "Sorry for startling you. I had to see you. I was worried your brother might have found out, might have hurt you." Eldon smirked and shrugged. "Come here, have a seat." Vanah gave a quick snort as she began slowly stalking around. She obviously was not interested in whatever Eldon and Arabella had to share. In fact, Vanah was glad just to be out in the plains. She would wander, and before long, be gone. Leaving just the two of them. No, there was no real intention of weapon training, just a little meeting.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Arabella Starweaver on February 3rd, 2011, 5:37 am

Arabella curled up next to him, not letting her body touch his for fear of that magnetism at work. She looked around, she hadn't been here in a while when she could still see things around them. Then she looked at him, hearing his question she shook her head "No one knows anything, they think I got lost, no big deal." she shrugged. It hadn't seemed like her family had even cared she was gone, which upset her. She had spent so much time worrying about all these things, about how they would feel, and apparently it was unwarranted.

"I didn't think you'd actually come back, especially not this soon. I'm sorry for hitting your nose, you startled me, you should know better." She was so glad he was here with her, that he still desired her, wanted her. She finally let herself look at him and she felt that hunger dwelling deep inside her, she wanted him, and she didn't care that they were out in the open, she had to restrain herself though, stay in control, she didn't want to misread his intentions.

Arabella couldn't help but wonder why else he was here, it couldn't just be to see if she was okay. It confused her, and if it was all so innocent why did he bring her way out here where no one would find them? "So...why are we here now? Is everything okay?" she wondered instantly if he had been hurt or if he had some kind of news.
Arabella Starweaver
Player

Character sheet

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 3rd, 2011, 6:46 am

Eldon nodded slowly, a sigh of relief was expelled from his lungs as an enormous weight was shed from his body like a snake's skin. He relaxed a little, finding comfort that punishment had not befallen her. He smiled, then chuckled. A sleepless night wasted solely on the fear she'd be found out and severely punished by her head strong and violent family, and to find out she was sly enough to avoid suspicion. He smiled wider. "You must be more clever of a girl than I give you credit. I'll not underestimate you again." Eldon nodded again as he stared across the horizon. He was in an interesting mood, more passive, peaceful.

"Of course I'd come for you. I had not intended to come so soon, but my fear for your safety got the better of me. I've been anxious. Forgive me if it is too soon. I wanted to know you were well." Eldon grinned as he pinched his nose lightly. He wasn't sure how he didn't expect that from her. She was raised in a family of boys and men, they taught not to scream when in danger, but to fight, tooth and nail, in personal defense. "I've had worse, though I am impressed, it was actually very arousing, the panicked look on your face as you woke up to your assailant, ready to tear my head clean off my shoulders."

Eldon shrugged his shoulders when she asked him why. He wanted to see her, to talk with her, why not here? They couldn't in Endrykas, even casual and lengthy talk between them could be thought suspicious, spoken of to her family. "Everything is... it's coming together. I'm happy." Eldon removed his eyes off the sky so that he could stare at Arabella. He wasn't smiling, but it wasn't exactly a frown either. Just a straight face. "I slept poorly last night. I was too concerned to get much sleep. I almost visited you in the middle of the night, just to see you, but dared not to be so foolish."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sneaking Out [Arabella]

Postby Arabella Starweaver on February 3rd, 2011, 7:05 am

Arabella laughed at him, she had warned him she was not one to mess with, he never did believe in her strength. She supposes it was because she was such a small and frail looking girl, she used that to her advantage though, no one ever felt threatened by her. She saw him pinch his nose and she moved to her knees and pushed his hand away, inspecting it carefully. She was dangerously close to his face, going over his nose slowly, she didn’t want to hurt him. ”I did warn you about this, you really mustn’t sneak up on me like that, it could have been much worse, you got of easy. I think your nose will be okay, might sting for a bit though, sorry about that.” she blushed at him, embarrassed.

She understood his anxiety, she had felt it too, she had missed him so much that it was causing her physical pain. She hadn’t slept, hadn’t eaten, just sort of sat in the pavilion just as he had found her. ”Thank you for checking on me Eldon, I’m so happy to see you you have no idea how I’ve missed you.” it was crazy how only two days had gone by and the hungering need she felt for him had grown. All she wanted was him, she was part of her constant thoughts, pushing at her, eating at her heart. ”I don’t know if I can go more days like that, away from you, now that I have you I don’t want to let you go, two days has been terrible, I felt physically ill and I haven’t slept at all. I wanted to see you, but I had no way of doing so.” she rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes trying to relax herself.

”What things are coming together? What has happened?” she didn’t know what could have possibly changed in just two short days, she was curious about it. Night visits would be very dangerous, the pavilion was guaranteed to be packed, everyone comes back home at night to rest. But she would have loved to see him, to go out there under the cover of darkness to be with him, nothing but moonlight to show her the way. She shouldn’t be thinking this way, Arabella should stay away at night, nothing was finalized, and wouldn’t be for quite a while. ”I would have come out to you if you had, though someone would have heard you lurking outside, it would have been bad so I’m almost glad you didn’t.”
Arabella Starweaver
Player

Character sheet

Next