By the side of the Fire (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on February 19th, 2011, 6:48 pm

OOCI'm going to start posting every other day as long as at least one of you has replied, that way we can hopefully wrap this up by the end of the season. Also, perhaps within the next few posts?

"Hello Gabriella," Aello said, greeting the newcomer with a slight nod of her head. "Welcome to the lovely forests on the outskirts of Ravok, and of course, the little fireside chat we all seem to be having here" Aello added, gesturing towards Robert with her eyes. "Just make yourself comfortable beneath the cover of the barren tree branches, and the night sky, warm yourself by the side of the fire..." at this point in time, Aello was growing so tired from both her magic use, and the time of day that she was growing loopy. She was starting to ramble.

"It is so nice this time of year. Would be a real shame if one didn't get out and about an missed such a sight as the stars, the feel of the winter wind across one's flesh. How it nips at their nose, and makes it red as a radish," Aello said. "Sometimes... you get so cold you can't even feel your toes. Speaking of which, I can't quite feel mine anymore," Aello laughed as she looked up at the stars.

After a few moments Aello pointed to one of the constellations, and said, "now doesn't that look like a horse. You know, when they're running... it looks like it's running through the night sky," and with that, she dropped her hand into her lap. Her eyes were growing heavy again. She didn't think she'd last much longer before passing out.

"Anybody sleepy? Because I think it's my bedtime," she said, stifling a yawn.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Robert Cithon on February 20th, 2011, 7:02 am

Robert was basically ignoring the newcomer. He was not rude about it, but he seen no need in being polite. Because from past experiences he figure the newest addition wouldn’t last the entire night in Aello’s presence. She could be a prickly one, and seemed easy to get on her bad side.

Robert himself was becoming very heavy eyed and tired himself. It had been a long day for him. And now that he found a comfortable place to rest, he was in danger of falling asleep without warning. He decided he didn’t mind if he passed out first, he seen no danger in the eyes of his two companions. “I shall agree with you Aello. This night has lingered for to long, I myself wish to be asleep before this hours end preferably. A good nights rest is important, you never know what tomorrow brings.” He shared a look with the new comer. Atleast showing her he was not rude, just exhausted.

Robert reached for his belongings laying a few feet from him. He slid them closer to his body while Aello was beginning to ramble on about seeing the stars. His eyelids were feeling extremely heavy. He turned from the firelight. The dancing flames would keep his eyes fixed and from finding the sleep he needed. It would not be long before he dozed off now.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gabriella Ishira on February 20th, 2011, 8:32 am

Being around the tired aura that circled around them, her eyes became heavy. She put her bowl and tool back into the bag and pushed them to the side. Sighing, she pushed Apollo off of her and slid down and used him as a pillow and took off her wool cape and used it as a blanket. Staring at the small sparks that flew up from the fire, she yawned lightly and looked up to the stars. She watched as a shooting star shot by and she remembered her and her father use to watch the stars together on cool nights. A slight tear came to her eye and slid down her cheek but she wiped it off and closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
Gabriella Ishira
Monk

Words: 7660
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 4:38 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Seth on March 3rd, 2011, 2:38 am

Aello:

• +3 Auristics XP
  • +1 Intimidation XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: How to Build a Fire, How to Read Basic Auras, What Slight Overgiving Feels Like, What Dhani Are (basics), What Mercenaries Are (basics).

The Method behind my Madness :
You get the Auristics XP for using it several times within the thread. Intimidation for booting out the Dhani, and Rhetoric for simply talking. Good job. <3

Robert:

• +1 Wilderness Survival XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP
  • +2 Diplomacy XP

Lores: Hiking in the Wildlands, What Dhani Are (basics), Aello is pretty much Bi-polar, Choosing Your Words Carefully.

You got some Wilderness Survival for describing your walk through the woods in the very beginning. Rhetoric was for so much talking, and Diplomacy was for trying to choose your words carefully around Aello.

Ssaelrellvian:

Lores: Mingling with Humans.

So sorry to see you leave so early!

Gabriella:

• +1 Diplomacy XP

Lores: Aello is a bit Angry, Robert is the Strong Silent Type.

You get one Diplomacy XP for trying to be polite with the troublesome Aello!

Good thread, guys! It was a shame to see one of you go, but I was happy to see the rest of you wrap it up quite well. Aello makes for an interesting conversational partner, to say the least. ;)
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous