[Note by Luminescence] Saorse

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Saorse

Postby Saorse on August 13th, 2018, 2:03 am

Saorse

Appearance

Race: Konti
Birthday: 8, Spring, 493.
Birthplace: Suvan Sea

Appearance: Long white curly hair, the front is tied into braids and placed behind her ears to keep out of her face. Her eyes are as blue as the sea and her skin is pale with obvious scales running up and down her body. She is short at 5'0" and she is thin weighing 100 pounds. Her clothes cling to her thin stature normally soaked from being in the sea. On her right wrist is the beginning mark of avails, a budding seer's lily. She has followed suit of her Svefra family and she has pierced her lips, nose and ears.

Character Concept
Likes: The sea, animals, storms, making friends, singing, and fighting.

Dislikes: Bullies, land, quiet places, candy or sweet things, and sitting still.

Flaws: Saorse is just as loud and fun loving as her Svefra kin, sometimes she gets too rowdy and too personal into others lives. She is stubborn and hard pressed, once she makes her mind up about something it's hard for her to change it. She has a hard time following orders and likes to follow her heart/visions. She can't seem to understand why people don't want to be her friend.

Good Qualities: She is kind to all creatures. Saorse wants to help anyone in any way she can. Saorse isn't afraid to stand up for her friends and protect them by any means necessary. She has undying loyalty for her friends and family.

Character History

Saorse grew up with her mother, Sao'Aki and father, Kirk Wave, on Kirk's ship. Sao'Aki met Kirk when he visited the island. Once Sao'Aki's eyes met Kirk's, it was love at first sight. As if blessed by Avalis and Laviku themselves, they were granted three beautiful daughters and Saorse is the youngest.

Saorse grew up with her sisters and brothers in the Svefra pod, where they played in the sea and sun all day. It didn't take long for Saorse to realize that she was different then the others. For instance, she could swim and breathe underwater with ease due to her gills while her friends would often go to the surface for air.

As she grew up, Sao'Aki told tales of their homeland and the culture of the Kontinese. Some days Sao'aki would even teach them basic Kontinese. Sao'Aki and Kirk both believed in Avalis and her powers of divination as Sao'Aki has three marks from the goddess, Saorse and her sisters worshiped Avalis daily. Saorse also prayed to Laviku with the other crew members, some of which had gnosis from the god.

Saorse was born with the mark of Avalis and most on the pod had a high regard for her. Saorse was also born with a gift like most Kontinese. Unlike other Konti, her gift connects her with animals not people. She calls it animal instinct as she can feel what an animal feels. For instance, if a storm is on the rise and the animals senses it like danger, so can Saorse feel it. This has lead Saorse to tell her kin when danger is close to the animals and this has helped them avoid many troubles at sea.

Saorse was taught many things with her crew, from swimming to fighting she was raised as another Svefra while her mother tried to implement her culture within her. Saorse is sometimes conflicted when making decisions because of this up-bringing, not knowing if she should listen to her heart or think about a calm decision.

Saorse continued to grow with her family on the sea, making friends with the dolphins because she could swim along with them for long periods of time due to her gills. Some of the Svefra who were blessed with Laviku's gift could make friends with some of the animals but Saorse never really understood that. Her father called them Tavan and Saorse swam with and played with them, trying to understand each fish better. This is when Saorse began feeling the true distance the Svefra felt towards her, as if she was not one of them but still a friend. Like a distant cousin that was loved but never really shown the true face of her Svefra brethern.

At night on the pods, her family would sing songs, sometimes her mother would even sing a song in Kantonese and everyone would be in awe. Saorse grew to love singing with everyone on the ship and some would say she could be a siren with how sweet her voice sounded. Alas, being with the Svefra wasn't all swimming and singing. When Nal'lyeo is invoked due to another Svefra being slighted, Kirk was more then ready and willing to fight. Saorse was the roughest of the three girls and so Kirk took her with him when the fighting happened. Saorse was taught to use her mother's sword, the suvai. Saorse has only been called three times but she can hold her own in a fight.

On Saorse's twenty-fifth birthday, she received what she believed was her "call" and she was dropped off at the nearest town, Lhavit, to search for more of a connection then the Svefra could offer.
Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Fratava
Poor Language: Kontinese

Skills

Skill EXP Proficiency
Astronomy 10sp/100 Novice
Fortune Telling 10rb/100 Novice
Sailing 10sp/100 Novice
Singing 15sp/100 Novice
Weapon: Suvai 15sp/100 Novice

Konti Gift
Animal Instinct: When Saorse touches an animal she can feel what they feel. If a fish is starving, Saorse will feel starving. If a dolphin feels a weather change, Saorse will feel that as well. Saorse needs skin to skin contact for this to work.

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Lore of Kontinese Culture
Lore of Religion: Avalis

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple red Shirt
-Simple white Pants
-Simple white Undergarments
-Simple white Cloak
-Simple black Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Fill me in, please! (HELPFUL HINT, Please Remove - Max. 50gm worth)

Housing

House: 1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Heirloom
Saorse has her mother's suvai that she was given when she left the pod. It is engraved with her grandmother's name, "Saola".

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Saorse on August 13th, 2018, 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saorse
Player

Words: 2940
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:35 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Saorse

Postby Luminescence on August 13th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Let me shed some light on the situation

Hi, Saorse; I'm Luminescence, and I'm here to help. Before you can start playing, there are a few things you need to fix with your CS.

*Your CS link: Please link your CS to your profile; you can do this through the User Control Panel.

*Your gift: Your profile says you've posted to the HD about your gnosis, so I assume you're waiting on approval for that, however I'm unsure if you also posted your Konti Gift for approval; if you haven't, please do so. If you have/once you do receive approval for both your gift and gnosis mark, please don't forget to add the link to your SS thread to your profile!

*EDIT: I discussed with Gossamer, and Saorse would not have a gift since she was born and raised off Mura. Even Konti must spend time on the island to develop a gift; at least a full year. If you wish for Saorse to have a gift, please edit your history accordingly, and as stated above, you will have to request it via the HD.

*Your skills: Please list your skills in alphabetical order. Also, I highly recommend swapping the skill points you've put into Socialization for something else; Socialization is by far one of the easiest skills (along with Observation) to earn experience in through writing.

*Your heirloom: You seem to have forgotten your heirloom! You can have one item worth up to 50 GM; might I recommend a suvai from her mother since she has the weapon skill?

*Your housing: Your housing is fine, and you're more than welcome to start in Riverfall, however I will warn you that the city is closing at season change, which is less than a month away. (September 1st) That means that come the 1st of September, you cannot write there at all, even to finish threads, and will have to move cities; just something to consider.

Please let me know when you've made the above corrections so that I can remove this intervention; if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or find me in chat.
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)