A forgotten kinship (Brig)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A forgotten kinship (Brig)

Postby Kelpie on April 29th, 2011, 6:38 am

There was an unusual sense of safety that radiated from the cave, urging the raccoon onward, and sending him deeper into the darkness that inhabited the crevice. But the shadows would not last. There seemed to be an opening ahead; at the end of the hall that spanned the length of the tunnel. It was the only exit Brig would be able to find, and it was conveniently placed right in his path. The faint light of the opening grew larger as the raccoon neared, and once he placed one paw through the threshold of white light there was a blinding flash.

As the light faded, Brig found himself in his human form, not nude as he would otherwise emerge from his transformation but fully clothed; donned in the armor of a Syliran Knight. All traces of his bestial instincts had vanished, and it would come to a surprise for the Kelvic to realize that all his memories of his past with his family, his sister, his mother, were not recallable. He was standing in what appeared to be a moderately sized room, in a location that was vaguely familiar to him, as if he’d been there before. There were chairs carved of wood, a rug, a hearth with a blazing fire that licked the still air with little remorse, and a long table where a pale woman sat.

“Theran…” That must have been his name, “Come here, please,” The woman said, gesturing with a pale, webbed hand for him to stand at her side. White, frosty hair cascaded over her shoulder where pearly scales glinted under the dim glow offered by the fire. Brig knew the name of her origin before he even realized it: konti. But her face, as she turned to greet him was as stunning and familiar as he’s ever felt it, because it was also the face of Haeli.

“The wizard, Zhauntroth has not gone far,” Brig would see a flash of images in his mind’s eye, memories that spawned at the name the konti spoke. An old man, with a wicked grin, and eyes that bled and trailed down his cheeks in rivulets. The Hypnotist. The pale woman kept a gentle hand swaying over a bowl full of what appeared to be water, “I have seen what Mother Avalis has allowed me to, and has shown me his path is not far from the city of Zeltiva. We best let our party prepare before we set off, and I know you need your rest.” Her azure gaze met Brig’s and for the duration of that moment, he could surmise her name, blooming in his mind nearly effortlessly: Avine

The seer Avine stood from her chair and approached Brig, trailing a scaled hand down his plated chest, “Soon, my love, we will find this murderer and put this past behind us. Get some rest, we have much ahead of us.” With a gentle smile on her lips Avine turned and entered the bedroom, disappearing behind the blinding light that consumed the entire room, and Brig himself.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous