I Come Bearing Gifts! [Nida, Sel]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Luke Lammergeier on February 6th, 2011, 6:31 am

5th Day of Winter, 510 AV, Late night / Early morning

When Luke left Nida and Sel the situation was very awkward. They had saved his life and he was determined to see them rewarded. They didn't seem to trust the human, but with some gifts he hoped to change this situation. The cold winds were starting to affect Luke and he had reasonable clothing for travel. Nida and Sel weren't well dressed at all and this was his first gift. Two thick brown cloaks for the winter. He hoped it would keep them warm and show his good intentions.

His second gift was one of defense. It wasn't much but he did notice they didn't have any weapons. Daggers were pretty simple to use for anyone. Two daggers should suit their needs at least for hunting and skinning if anything.

Two gifts that were reasonably cheap and helpful. Luke was a practical guy and equipment was a logical choice for him. The place that they wanted to meet was called the Kelp Bar. Not the best choice for a pleasant meeting but it was crowded and they would go unnoticed for the most part. Luke wanted to get the pair a drink as well to make them a little more friendly. Although he had no idea that the bar served nothing but a putrid form of beer.

Walking into the bar an immediate smell of sweat hit his nose. It was disgusting but at least it was familiar. Hardly any lighting and littered with poor furniture the Kelp Bar was getting a bad reputation already. The crowd their only made it worse.

Luke found a empty table with some chairs and placed his pack containing the gifts on top to claim his area. Getting comfortable Luke was prepared to be here for some time. He didn't know how long they would take, but the thoughts of what they were doing came into mind. Luke wanted them to take as much time as they needed. Any evidence of what happened and there lives were at stake. Everyone saw that fight and then that man is missing and a corpse was found?

His right foot was gently tapping on the floor and he fiddled with the hilt of his Longsword. For some reason he was still nervous about their meeting. He wasn't uneasy for safety reasons but he wanted them as allies in a new city. He needed people to have his back and these two seemed perfect for the job.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on February 15th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Nida entered the tavern, her steps light, almost as if she was floating. Where she had before simply moved with the natural grace of a predator, now the Kelvic walked as if in a dance, trapped in a haze of happiness.

To Luke, who would know her as an easily angered and pissed off young woman, this behavior would no doubt look either ridiculous and fake, or uncharacteristic. But she didn't give a damn what anyone thought. No one really cared when one was convinced they were in love.

Even the putrid smell of the place, multiplied in intensity because of her heightened senses, did not dampen her spirits. Slitted eyes gazed about the room and alighted on Luke. If he met her gaze, she would give him a nod in greeting, and drift towards the table.

The Kelvic moved to the table, looking behind her to make sure Seliarus was following. She'd flash a quick smile to him, before pulling up a chair and sitting down at Luke's table.

"Good morning," she greeted Luke with a grin.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on February 15th, 2011, 5:46 pm

The Dhani followed quite close, yet enough for of a distance so she would enter the tavern alone. Now, to explain, the same state the Kelvic might be on the outside, was kind of the way he felt. Happy, even though that feeling wasn't exactly common for him. He did managed to get something off his chest, after all. Why shouldn't he be?

But, as happy as he was, he had no intentions of showing his feelings to those humans in the town. Why would they even deserve to know? Why would they even want to see him, a bloodthirsty snake as he was, happy? Oh, no. One person knew how he felt, and that was enough for him.

So, he did entered the inn, cold, emotionless, as he could be. His steps were rhythmical, yet scaring, if nothing else. The pale skin that he gave away, and the almost starved body-figure he possessed, together with the impression of not being able to feel a thing, earned him a few glares from the other inhabitants of the inn.

But, he did of not really mind it. His eyes, who were previously locked on the joyful Kelvic, now traveled to Luke. All, but really all he did, was nod at him, in a some sort of acknowledging his presence. The smile he got from the Kelvic, only served for a reminder of how careful he had to be. The two weren't the most normal people around, and, in a Sailor's Town, that could quickly lead to an accident.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on February 18th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Luke was still twitching with the pummel of his sword. Nervous as ever that something was going to go wrong this time. Logically he tried figuring the best way to talk and act to them. They liked space and privacy. He could relate and was the same way. While he was thinking some of the men at the bar looked behind him. He could tell they weren't quite starring at him so he turned around quick. If someone is worthy of getting glares from people in the bar they might be trouble.

When it was only Nida and Sel close by he smiled. Although something was different about Nida, she seemed to float towards him instead of walk. He didn't know her all that well but Luke could guess when someone was happy. Although he only heard the term walking on air and never took it literally until now.

She pulled out a chair and greeted Luke in a friendly manor. This situation didn't seem all that bad after all. As usual Sel only greeted Luke with a nod which was fine by him, nothing more was expected.

“Well good morning to both of you.” He said happily they seemed more delighted this time. The table was a rectangle shape and could seat quite a number of people comfortably. Which made it easy to have Nida and Sel in front to talk and the gifts off to the end of the table. Luke stretched his leg out and pushed a chair out for Sel to sit.

“I am glad for both of you showing up, I got something for both of you.” He got out of his chair and reached towards the end of the desk for the gifts. He didn't want to waste any more time on idle chat. First he grabbed the two daggers and their leather sheaths. He held them by the blade and set them down on the table. He hoped they would appreciate the idea and usefulness of his gesture.

“Two daggers to better protect yourself. I noticed neither of you were armed and thought you would need it. Hopefully you wouldn't ever have to but better safe than sorry.” He reached back for his next two gifts. Gathering up the thick wool cloaks Luke then placed them on top of the table in front of them.

“Two thick wool cloaks for the winter time. Since neither of you are prepared at all for the cold and you seem freezing as is.” He looked towards Sel and noticed how terribly thin he was. The cloak should help but Luke was afraid if they decided to travel neither of them would be okay in the freezing.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on February 24th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Nida stared at the gifts for a few moments, confused. These were for them? Why would Luke get them these things? Then she remembered, it had only been yesterday since they had... saved him? Helped him? Bah, it didn't matter how she phrased it, but the trio had been through a bit of a scuffle, and Luke had tried to defend her. Unfortunately, he also might have an inkling about what became of the sailor. At that thought, she licked her lips. Yes, he had assumed correctly.

The wool cloak was unnecessary, but he couldn't have known that. She needed no man-made clothing, not when her pelt was so much warmer. But even so, it was the thought that counted, was it not? Though it still seemed strange, as though it was he who was buying their silence, not vice versa. Briefly, Nida wondered how to ensure that the human didn't blab about them when he was in his cups. A puzzle indeed.

Threatening him certainly wouldn't work, threats always made moods turn sour, and he could easily betray them the next time he saw a guard. Money? Perhaps, but there was always the chance that there might be a higher bidder. No, there was only one thing that came to mind at the moment, an idea so foolishly naive and frivolous that it seemed to fit what she knew of Luke perfectly.

Friendship.

Perhaps not a real friendship, not at first. Maybe he might prove useful later on, but Nida was in no mood to be truly friendly towards humans, not after having tortured and eaten one the night before. Her bubbly attitude was simply that of a lovestruck fool, and one knows that fools treat everyone they see with a measure of friendliness. But love didn't diminish the hate her Bondmate felt towards this pink-skinned race. And whatever Seliarus said, was law.

"Thank you, Luke. That's really very kind of you," The Kelvic gave him a sharp-toothed grin, accepting the gifts with all the courtesy a wild girl could.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on February 24th, 2011, 8:03 pm

The Dhani looked down on the chair. Now, he knew that it might mean only one thing, but, he didn't really feel good if a human asked him to do something. Specially without any words. Now, he shouldn't be searching for fights, or however, but, he just couldn't get over the thought of being unable to trust him. Looking over the gifts he offered to them, all he could see was the attempt of bribing the two to trust the human. Maybe he was right.

Maybe not.

He sat down on the chair, and gave one look over the cape and the dagger. The difference between him, and his Bondmate, was in the amount of cold they could withstand. Sel knew that she wouldn't have problems with the on going winter. He, on the other hand, might have quite some problems. The cape gift, be it bribe or not, was more than just welcome. He needed all the heat he could get.

Browsing over the second gift, Sel rose an eyebrow. of course he might need a weapon while he's in his human form. But, wouldn't it be easier to shift and bite someone? Maybe not in some cases. Maybe it would get useful. If not else, he could use it in his next sacrifice. There weren't supposed to be shells all over the place next time.

After a moment, his gaze looked up at the human, Luke, and stared at him for a moment. Maybe, the Dhani didn't exactly know that, but his cold look could as well scare him away. The pale skin, with his black hair slightly waving from time to time due to the movement. His coal black eyes looking deep into the human, just as trying to see what his true goals are.

Soon enough, however, the glare would vanish from his face, as he'd not to Luke in appreciation. he wasn't going to say anything, but, then again, Nida said what he would say, maybe a bit too friendly for his taste, but, a thank you was a thank you.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 1st, 2011, 10:30 am

Luke felt more comfortable when Sel sat down. He at least joined the group and that was an improvement. Nida acknowledged the gifts and more or less appreciate them. Although she seemed as if she was just moving with the motions. Sel didn't change his face what so ever, it got to the point that Luke just assumed it was better to look at him sparingly. Especially since his only thank you was a deep almost creepy stare.

There was a pleasant thank you from Nida but no other words. Luke smiled and said you were welcome but this was not right at all. Nothing about them said human. Quiet and calm they made no attempt to say anything more. Like he was meeting strangers. It was starting to worry the already paranoid Luke.

The silence was becoming painful and he kept thinking they were going to eat or kill him. His fears didn't come from no were. Something happened to that sailor and he would never know. What if they saw him as a loose end. Someone to silence? Sad to think about but if he were either of them. Tying up a loose thread would be first priority. Fearing for his life Luke began to plot. If he was to keep his head were it was he needed to be trusted.

To gain their trust that he would not turn them in. He decided to tell his life story. Luke chuckled to break the silence.

“Being quiet makes me sick.” He got more comfortable in his chair and leaned towards the two. “I think it's time for my life story, eh?” Without letting either of them interrupt he went on.

“When I was a child. My parents abandoned me to an orphanage in Syliras. It was a terrible place beatings, beatings and more beatings. It was horrid and I only made it worse. I would torture the other children to make them suffer like I did. That went on for years until I finally shaped up and turned into an alright young man with two friends I loved dearly like brothers.”

He paused for a second to call over a waitress. When she came over Luke ordered a water. Knowing it was the only thing they served besides Kelp Beer. He told the waitress whatever his friends wanted was on him. He continued the story and let Nida and Sel order what they wish.

“Growing tired of the whipping we pulled our heads together and tried to figure out how we could make it on our own. Andrew, the smartest wanted to train in a skill and make a career from it. Vincent, proud and loyal wanted to become a Knight of Syliras and take a job as a page and train under them since we were still young. Myself being the most stubborn and aggressive. Said to hell with working for the rest of our lives to get nothing. Adventure was the ticket to get rich without breaking our backs for it.”

By that time the waitress came back and unloaded the water and anything else Sel and Nida ordered. It was going on his tab so Luke simply said thank you and gave her a couple silver Miza to make sure she keep coming around. Taking a sip to wet his throat and thought about were he left off. He hated to repeat himself.

“We were just kids back then 15 at the most but our bodies were starting to come in a little so we agreed to spend our time training how to fight. We practiced on each other and when we thought we had a bit of talent. We signed up for our first guard job at 17.

'It was nothing special get these travelers to Sunberth and back. To us it seemed simple but we were too stupid to realize, why no one wanted the job. Sunberth is a pit you should never even think about going to.'

'Anyways we got half way threw then damn beasts and wild animals nearly torn us clean apart. Three kids against the wilderness we had no chance in hell. Just when things seemed about hopeless and we were just wanting to survive we were raided by a group of bandits. Vincent knew they would kill everyone if he didn't first. Andrew knew to run because we had no chance. I knew that if we gave up the merchants they could be grateful for not having to get into a scuff.'

'Hell they might even find us amusing enough to let us join or take us to a town as a trade off. Since I was typically the one in charge of my two brothers. I told them to follow my lead. Obviously since I am here right now my plan worked. Again I was foolish because if this was any other group of bandits we would have been sold in Sunberth slave markets. Or raped and killed for sport.'

'Kain was a good man and agreed to meet with us. I told him if he let us join and train under him we would give up the merchants without a fight. Obviously Kain could of killed us right then and there, no sweat. Instead he took pity on us.”

Luke smiled thinking about it all for a second. This was the first time he had told this story and it never occurred to him that Kain was being so kind back then. It was a nice alternative to he needed recruits. The story Kain swore by to cover up being soft.

“Taking us in, it wasn't long till we were living a life of work, beatings and more work. I was around twenty when I actually started going on the raids. Those were good times. Knocking over caravans and travelers, hardly ever left a soul harmed.” He sighed thinking about it all. Those were the days that he was a robber without ever taking a life.

“Now thinking about it he was going easy on me and my brothers. Kain was a good leader and father role. He knew we couldn't handle the terrible truth that killing was apart of the job. I already felt aweful for messing with all those kids back were I grew up. Made me throw up and shit water whenever I had to hurt a good person. Kain knew that and let me off easy.

'When he thought I was ready to help him lead. Kain let me go on all the raids. The good and the bad. When you couldn't simply scare someone into doing what you wanted. When fear didn't work and you had to smash skulls and kill guards.”

He paused for a moment thinking about what his life had turned into. Until now none of these things were ever really said aloud. Especially not to strangers he hardly knew and weren't in his gang.

“You see Kain from the start never really wanted to hurt people. He simply did what he had to when raiding and accumulated good men to ride with him. Most of the time we prayed on other bandits and travelers that wouldn't force us to kill them. We never traded slaves or most things of that nature. Just tried to get what we wanted without doing too much evil.”

Luke felt like he was apologizing to the world when he said this. Rambling on about how they weren't all that bad. Even if he could say it in a way that made sense. The sickness in his stomach reminded him just how terrible he thought they were. Luke knew he was staring off and got back on track.

“Eventually Kain wanted to expand his horizons. With thirty or so men he needed a larger hunting ground without having the Knights come down on us hard. He decided to go to the sea. We came to Zelvita and looked for a captain who needed some muscle. The idea was that if we combined seasoned sailors with experienced fighters we had a good chance of trashing other ships while boarding them. We met with a Mr. Alahan and his second in command.. They agreed to take us as long as they gave up, their second in command. Me.” He grunted a little irritated with the idea. Saying it made him a whole lot more pissed but he kept it under control.

“It was a lot of politics and basically I was sent on a long boat back to the beach. Which is were I come in now. Seeing that they had an opportunity. Andrew and Vincent wanted a little revenge for all the beatings I used to give them as a kid. I was a nightmare.” He put that last part in to justify their actions.

“They decided pain and humiliation was what I needed. They put a noose around my neck and my waist to make sure my neck didn't snap. Then they hung me a couple times for torture. And let me tell you its not fun” He put a hand around his neck, it was still sore and bruised. He made sure to cover it with his clothing though. “As I said I was a demon from hell and deserved what I got. Then the funny part. Seeing as I was so up tight they put a dress on me, slapped some fancy shoes and makeup to complete it and pointed me towards town. They said I needed to get help from town and stand the heckles that came with it. Of course you all know that's when I met you lovely people.” He smiled at the pair. Then his face grew a little more serious and calm.

“You see I have my own secrets to hide and keep just like both of you.” He looked them both in the eye for a moment and continued. “If you told any guard my story they would hang me by the gallows just to make sure they rid the world of another land rat bandit. Whatever you did to that man on the beach. Doesn't matter or concern me. I have my life to worry about not his.” Taking another drink from his water Luke smiled.

“I have killed plenty of men, women and children. I have been trained to fight and I am damn loyal. The only thing is I'm stranded on this fucking port town. I would like to know I have friends to rely on if something happens. You know my secrets as a token of trust and friendship.” He leaned in close again and grinned. “If they arrested me for fighting with that drunken fool and realized who I was. I could have been killed. So you saved my life and I am loyal to people who save my god damn fucking life.”

And with that Luke sat back and waited for anything they had to say. Hopefully, this would loosen their tongue's. If not he didn't now what else to do.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on March 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm

"So you're a old hand at killing then," Nida laughed plesantly, as if the topic were the most amusing thing she'd heard all day. Of course, it pretty much was the most amusing thing she'd heard all day. Being only morning, and that Seliarus wasn't the most talkative person, amusing moments were pretty rare in Nida's day-to-day life.

"Then perhaps I'll add a few more 'secrets' in, to sweeten the deal." Nida was enjoying herself, while not quick of wit, nor sharp of mind, the clash of Luke and Nida's utter rash natures made for some interesting conversation. They were pretty much evenly matched, unless he managed to throw in some odd human sayings. Then of course, he'd have a distinct advantage.

"A token then, of trust. If you could rely on someone, why not a Kelvic?" Her voice changed to a purring undertone. "Don't you know, we leopards make the most trustworthy of friends. Also very quick to root out the false friends, with the use of a 'friendly' claw or two."

The feline girl gave a contented smile, leaning back and resting her head comfortably on her Bondmate's shoulder, her slitted eyes never leaving Luke's. Perhaps he'd suspected the duo's obvious lack of humanity. She'd given him that tidbit of knowledge, confirming his guess. But there was no way that anything that came from her mouth would concern her Bondmate's race.

While Kelvics were rare enough, they weren't regarded with nearly as much hate and anger as the Dhani were. Let the silly human think they were both Kelvics, or whatever fanciful race he wished. Information never came freely, and information concerning Seliarus would never come at all.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on March 7th, 2011, 3:19 pm

The Dhani listened, but not to the man's talking. He tried to catch any whisper directed to their direction from the surrounding folk in the tavern. To confirm that what he actually wanted. To actually prove that Luke could be different. He hated humans, but yet, he managed to stay on good terms with the Vantha girl. But this human actually tried so hard to be accepted into the company of the two. it actually pained him to see that. When he was younger, he wanted to be accepted as a human. He tried so hard to make friends. The human there reminded him on his own younger version. Of course his goals might be completely different, but, then again, was it really that different?

Be it how it is, or be it how the Dhani wanted it to be, his despite for the human sitting in front of him didn't change. As he would have no problem simply using the dagger he gifted the two, and running it down Luke's throat for no apparent reason. Yet, he didn't do anything. From time to time, he started to pay attention to his story again, noting the more important words, and making his own story from the words he heard. Oh, so his secrets were a token of trust. Hmm, so a bandit. A bandit who can be loyal. Not liked by the majority of humans. Hmm.

Be it how it is, he'd slowly loft his hand up, and slowly ruffle the hair of the Kelvic, which head was resting on his shoulder. He actually enjoyed that sign of affection from his side, and his lips conjured up a faint, barely seen smile. So, the human doesn't want to know what they did, as he has his own worries. Hmm. A faint thought of Luke being a fighting addition to his travels came across his mind. If he was skilled, maybe. Maybe not. He was not the one who'd do that kind of decision. And then again, he didn't really care. It would come with both positive, and negative tags, and he just wasn't in the mood of calculating the odds.

Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on March 10th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Luke had never told his life story before. It never really came up or was needed. He was a little curious how they would react. When Nida laughed like he told a hilarious joke. It made him uncomfortable and anxious. Either something in the story struck her as funny or they viewed death and killing as nothing shameful. He knew they weren't human but didn't want to judge them without their explanation.

When Nida went on to say he was an old hand at killing. It made what she was laughing at clear. His stomach turned and he felt disgusted by the creatures. Luke decided to ignore it, they might be cruel people but they could be his only allies.

She spoke about sweetening the deal and how Leopards were extremely loyal friends. Kelvics? His mind churned the idea for a minute. He remembered the beast people Kain once told stories about. Is that what Kelvic's were? Beast like men that could turn into animals or was it the other way around?

“Alright I will bite, Kain told me and his men many stories about creatures around the land. One I personally loved was his tall tales about beast men that could shape shift?” He kept his eyes on Nida as well. Trying to pick up any hint of dishonesty.

“Now before you confirm my suspicion I want to know if this means we will have each others backs? If your interested, great. I will help you in whatever way I can. Whenever we are together. If not then we should depart and go our separate ways.”

Luke waited patiently for their response.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Next