[Menagerie]Fluffy cute things (Naya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on February 6th, 2011, 11:29 am

33rd of winter, 510 AV
Early morning

Emee sipped his drink, a tonic he had made himself. Taking a trip down to the waterside he had managed to get his hands on some ice cold water with a strong hint of salt in it. He had watered it out with spirits and added a root from a Talderian flower he knew had stimulating effects on his mind activity. In other words, it helped him wake up. The tonic tasted bitter, salt and had a strong scent of alcohol, but this helped even more in waking him up. In his other hand he held a loaf of hard bread, which he dipped in the tonic to make it softer before munching it.
The Vanthas that saw him looked at him with curiosity, but he paid them no mind. He tried as hard as he could to force away the memories of a particular past life, but the memories kept intruding the harder he tried. It was just today that he came up with the idea to make a tonic for breakfast instead of the usual fish soup he'd order in the Luminary Commons. Most likely this was some kind of morning rite from the past, but Emee didn't want to think about it. Clearly the tonic helped him, and with the few hours of sleep that he allowed himself he most certainly wouldn't say no to something that would keep him from falling asleep when he was out on his daily walks.

He had stopped here, in the middle of the street, to study a part of the market place. He had stayed away from the market place before, knowing that it was where he could find the Menagerie. Maybe it was the tonic, the recent dreams he had had, or maybe he was simply curious. Because today, his walk had taken him directly to the animal market. Emee's eyes were fixated on a specific seller, a man with black hair and hints of a beard and mustache. He was cute to a certain degree, Emee thought. But that didn't change the fact that he traded with animals. Emee wrinkled his nose in displeasure, but his legs shuffled towards the menagerie, driven by curiosity. Emee wasn't quite sure if he couldn't, or just didn't want to walk away, but soon he found himself in the middle of a U shaped formation of stone buildings, standing next to a big fire. Finding himself surrounded by animals, he looked down in shame. He could do little for these animals, and even if he could they'd most likely never be the same. They'd never survive out in the wilderness now, when they were tamer than himself. How could they kill to protect their own life if they wouldn't bite their owner?
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 8th, 2011, 1:29 am

Naya was becoming more and more wracked with dreams, unable to rest properly, waking up multiple times in the night and not staying asleep. It seemed the only thing that stemmed this flow of nocturnal images was the warmth of a male body next to her, but as always, some night she could not acquire one - through no fault of her own, it simply meant the selection of men in the Red Diamond Tavern the night before were not aesthetically pleasing. So the night she was alone in her bed were the nights she woke up early the next day - woke up from the torrent of images of Hayere, dead in his bed.

Naya had escaped from her still silent Hold that morning, the oppressive lack of activity bearing down on her, making her itch to be doing something besides sitting around wishing for sleep. With a frustrated sigh, she had swung on her cloak and walked out of the Snowsong Hold, beginning to walk in any which direction. The cool air against her exposed face was refreshing, though she knew her skin would begin to itch from the chilly temperatues soon enough. Walking along the pathway, she found herself beating the path to the market place. She found herself in the Menagerie - why, she did not know. Morwen knew how much domesticated, spoilt animals irritated her.

The Menagerie had a part of display that hard a u shaped barrage of cages - each filled with a different animal. They were mostly asleep, thank the Gods, for it meant the Menagerie was silent from its usual yapping and growls. However, what drew Naya's attention was not the sleeping animals but rather, a familiar looking six armed man. He was the Eypharian from the day with the ghost. A strange soul, one who made Naya a little uneasy. He was standing there, looking distressed. Deciding instead it would be better to assume a brave front, she marched up to the man and stood beside him, looking at the animals.

"Deciding which to buy? I like the look of that dog. I think I shall name it 'Dinner'." She smiled winningly at him, waiting to see exactly his reaction, and how much amusement it would bring Naya.
Naya

Postby Emee on February 8th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Emee had closed his eyes and was enjoying the heat of the fireplace when a familiar voice came to him, pulling him out of his thoughts. He turned around and opened his eyes. He wasn't quite sure if he was glad to see the Vantha lady again or not, but he supposed it was better than standing here alone. Maybe it would help him to talk to someone. The locals seemed live very understanding people. "No, I don't want anything to do with these kinds of traders. Leeshela says they are good, but I won't believe that... What did you say?" Emee's jaw dropped a little bit as she spoke about naming a dog "Dinner".
"You eat... Dogs?" Emee backed a little bit away from the woman, but stopped after only a few steps. The fire behind him roared, making Emee jump to the side and turn around. His head started pounding, and he dropped his cup. The snow that touched the cold liquid in the cup melted away after a few seconds, but he paid it no mind. He saw a burning man in the fireplace, blood squirting from his wounds and high up in the air, making a fountain of boiling blood. Emee's eyes widened and refused to look away, even though he tried hard. And then with another roar from the flames, the blood and the dead man was gone.

Emee leaned down to wash his face with some snow, and noticed the cup. "Oh, I'm such an allahini sikeyim. That root can be a real bother to get your hands on," Emee mumbled to himself as he picked up his cup -though with little passion; he was just glad the flash had stopped so quickly- and rose to look at the Vantha again. He wasn't sure what he wanted to tell her now. He wanted to apologize for his poor language and his sudden outburst, but that the same time he wanted to know more about this dog-eating habit of hers. Saying nothing, he simply looked at her with empty eyes and expected her to say something more.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 9th, 2011, 8:05 am

OOC :
Woah, sorry it's so short Sebface dear. I still love you!

It was extremely cute how the man rambled on about animals, and traders, and all manner of random things before it fully sunk in exactly what Naya had said. His expression went swiftly from mildly concerned for the welfare of the animals - why, Naya was not entirelu sure. It's not like animals DID anything - to extremely disturbed at her comment. His jaw dropped, his eyes bulged and he looked shocked, towards Naya.

Smiling saucily at him, though not with any real seductive intent - he was far too cute to do such a dirty thing - she continued her lie, hoping to creep the poor boy out even more. He was just too adorable! "Oh, yes. Dog is delicious, though I love cat when I can get it. Lightly braised, with a hint of pepper." She moaned in fake ecstasy, as if savouring the taste of it in that moment. Delicious.

She mock-gasped as he mumbled under his breath, guessing that the unknown word to her was an Eypharian swear word. Perhaps he could teach her? "Such horrific language! Teach me some." Grinning and giggling, she leaned forward and pinched him on the cheek, looking into his big soulful eyes. "You're cute."
Naya

Postby Emee on February 9th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Emee raised a hand over his mouth to keep it shut, afraid that the tonic he had swallowed might come up again. "I'm sure it is... Can we talk about something else please?" Emee thought to himself that Naya couldn't be entirely sane. He doubted that any other Vantha had the habit of eating cats and dogs. If they did, the Vantha was more mysterious than he had believed and good at hiding it.

Glad that she was willing to change topic, he didn't hesitate to explain his accidental word usage. At least she didn't think him mad for seeing things. Maybe they were both mad? Maybe he was supposed to show some respect for fellow insane people? He wasn't sure if he wanted to think brightly about eating cats and dogs, but if she didn't mind his outbreaks she could be a great friend that he could talk to about stuff like what he experienced. Maybe she knew more about it and could guide him? "Allahini sikeyim is an Arumenic insult. What I recall of that language tells me that it means something about being so clumsy, stupid and inelegant that I can't backstab a man without being caught doing it. I think that's what it means, but I think I only remember it because... I said it a lot before. When I did stupid things." Emee paused a bit. He could feel his head pounding, and had to close his eyes for a bit. "It's only theoretical of course. I'd never stab someone in the back and fail. I would never hurt anyone!"

Emee forced himself to smile at her comment. "Thank you, Lady. You are as adorable as the north star."
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 12th, 2011, 7:57 am

The man's reaction was priceless. His eyes went wide as he clamped his hand to his mouth - whether to halt his upcoming rant dealing with Naya's cruelty to animals, or whether it was with sickness at the thought of Naya munching on some kitty cat with a side of puppy, she did not know. She took pity on him, tugging his hand away from his mouth and looking into his eyes. "Hey, dear. You know I was kidding, right? I don't really eat cats and dogs." There was something about Emee, some innocence or otherwise, that took Naya's usual maliciousness and disdain of strangers away from her. He was too adorable to hurt.

The rant he went on, that too was adorable. When he immediately contradicted what he said, stumbling over his words, attempting to assure Naya of his innocence and good heartedness, she nearly squealed and hugged him - despite the six arms. Though, a six armed hug could be an experience. Naya made it a note to gain one of those before she left his presence today."Honey, it's okay. I know you'd never hurt anyone. So, it's allahini sikeyim, is it? Can you teach me any others? Perhaps... ones more scandalous?" Naya would give anything to see his cute little face telling her Arumenic words of a shocking nature. Too cute for words!

She giggled again as he forced himself to smile, and awkwardly complimented him. She slung an arm around his neck and pulled herself closer to him, snuggling into his side. Was this the chance for a six armed hug from an Eypharian? Naya dearly hoped so. "Why thank you, dear! How lovely of you."
Naya

Postby Emee on February 12th, 2011, 11:11 am

Confusion was all over Emee's face. "You... joked? Can you joke about that?" It didn't sound like he was concerned with her ethics for being able to joke about that. The question was more a question about whether or not it was possible to joke about things like that without risking being overrun by a crowd of disgusted citizens. And then his face showed disappoint. She wasn't mad anyway, she was just being silly. He didn't say anything though. She was joking, and they were done with that conversation.

Continuing on the talk about swears, she seemed really interested in learning Eypharian swears. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know any other Eypharian swears. He hung his head to show that he would have to disappoint her hunger for a better vocabulary, but to his own surprise he talked. There was something in his voice that he didn't like, almost like a suppressed feeling in his words. "The kind of things a proper Eypharian would say to an outsider are not for you to learn. Those words can hold disrespect and hate to such a degree that you can only dream of. And Eypharians hold enough respect for each other not to fly at one another with words of disgrace. But perhaps you should consider trying for High Arumenic. You'd most likely have to sell your body a billion times to learn a single word as it is the language of nobles and you are an outsider, but I've heard rumors of the word-games the Eypharian noble houses play." Emee shrugged at himself and raised his head to see if Naya was as surprised by his words as he was.

Then she held her arm around his neck, and by some instinct he never knew he had, before he knew what was going on he had two arms on her hips, two on her shoulder blades pushing her body towards his, and two resting by her neck. He was surprised by this strange and sudden embrace, but he liked it. Of course some part of him had to ruin the moment by making him feel uncomfortable. "The caress is not meant for the lower races," a voice in his head said. "How dare you.
Emee ignored the voices, and smiled awkwardly at the Vantha.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 13th, 2011, 11:16 am

She laughed outright at the man, and his confused face. He really was too cute - six arms and all. The look of utter disgust that adorned his face at the thought of Naya eating a puppy, and the incredulity that crossed his expression at her blatant joking about what he evidently considered to be a controversial issue made her want to hug him and tell her everything was going to be alright. She was considering adopting him as her new pet project - bringing him out of his shell would be a challenge Naya would readily rise to. "Hun, of course I can joke about that. I can joke about anything I want!" Naya, however, sensed he was not entirely comfortable with the topic and dropped the conversation, moving on.

Naya was quite disappointed when he told her that he could not provide her with any more swears. She had been quite eager to learn a language she was sure that most of the Vantha would not know - not that she was learning the language, but certainly she was learning an essential part of it. How else was she supposed to go to the land of Eypharians and swear her head off if she encountered a situation that demanded it? "I would be more than happy to bed any number of Eypharians to learn that beautiful language, or more particularly, their beautiful swears. Allahini sikeyim. I shall have to remember that. Do you have any ideas as to who I could bed first to progress my knowledge of the language?" Winking at him, she waited for a shocked reaction - she was excited to see just how he would react to her brazen talk. Then, she realised something. "Why do you not know more Eypharian swears? Are you not Eypharian yourself?"

Naya smiled as he wrapped his numerous limbs around her weighty frame.So, this is what a six armed hug felt like - as awesome as Naya had pictured. His strong arms wrapped around her shoulder blades, her hips, her neck. Pulled flush against his body, she sighed as she too wrapped her arms around his neck. "This is nice."
Naya

Postby Emee on February 13th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Emee raised his eyebrows. Naya appeared to be thinking that he was suggesting that she needed to have sex with the Eypharians. This must be a misunderstanding caused by the different cultures. An Eypharian noble would never think so lowly of himself as to let an outsider enjoy his body. "I don't think you should try anything like that. Eypharians are very sore when it comes to outsiders and their uses. What I mean with selling your body, is... I suggest you offer yourself as a slave." Emee did not know where these words came from. He was certain it wasn't him talking. How could he even suggest slavery?

"You would want to be very careful with who you talk to. The Souths are ship builders. Fierce and short-tempered in my opinion, and not who you want to work for. If no other options though, they are explorers. They are probably used to the sight of outsiders, and wouldn't mind being confronted by a Vantha.
The West Wind consists of farmers, brewers and... and another thing. They are welcoming, and would probably be the best way into the system. Just be sure you talk to the right people. I can't account for the shady members of this House.
The North holds great artists and are the most literate ones. If there is such a thing as a dictionary of the High tongue, it would be their keepsake. They are also great dancers and actors, but nevermind that. You have no chance in the art Semhu.
Finally there is the East Wind. This House operates the mines of Eyktol. They deal with salt and everyday resources like that, but they also mine for the deep purple Eypharian marble. The only providers of this rare marble, it is their greatest symbol of wealth. The heads of this House were greatly consumed by the need for more wealth for their House in my time, seeing it as another manner of keeping their head above the other houses. The lower members of the House live good lives because of their wealth. They already have everything, and there is little a single Vantha slave can do for them. Only the heads of this House would accept you, stealing you away from everyone else in their great hunger for wealth. You do not want to work in their mines, not with those fragile hands of yours.
" Emee tried to control his tongue, he really did. The words were out of his grasp no matter how hard he tried, and he could even feel the feelings of another man in his body. When he spoke he spoke the truth, and carried insults with him. This other man didn't like Vantha one bit.
"Of course I am Eypharian. It's just been some time since I spoke the noble language. Ages. Are you really considering this? I'd love to come with you if you are truly traveling to Ahnatep to learn High Arumenic."

A headache went through Emee'd head, and he felt his mouth curve into a sly smile as ideas seemed to shape in his head. "This is wonderful. We should talk more often, Vantha," Emee whispered into Naya's ear.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Naya on February 14th, 2011, 7:08 am

Naya was a little disappointed to hear that the Eypharians didn't condescend to sleep with other races. It was a shame. Six arms could be put to good use. It would be interesting. But, she wasn't too keen on the idea of being a slave. It did not sound like much fun, and she did not hesitate to tell him that. "Hmmm. I don't think being a slave is really my thing. I'd have to get back to you on that one. But I'm sure I could convince an Eypharian to enjoy this Vantha body! They'd go for me, right? Would YOU go for me?" She smiled a mischievious smile and jutted her hip out, pouting her lips. She painted a smokin' picture.

Naya's head swirled with the sudden barrage of information and change in tone of the man before. He provided the information of each house readily enough, and for that Naya was thankful - she was genuinely interested in and intriuged by the land of the Eypharians, and had always wanted to visit there on her many travels around Mizahar - but suddenly the cute man had turned rather rude. As if Naya had no chance in the art of Semhu! She wasn't entirely sure what that WAS but she WAS sure she had a chance at it. "Wow. Thanks. That was information overload. Be nicer next time you have to say something though." Jokingly, to show she wasn't actually angry, she wiped away a non existant tear, still laughing at him.

Naya smiled as Emee whispered throatily into her ear. She waited for him to stop speaking, then turned her head and whispered into his, her lips brushing against his earlobe. "It is wonderful. We should talk more, I agree. Your hugs are amazing." To prove her point, she brought her arms a little tighter around him and rested her head on his shoulder.
Naya

Next